Hanging out of Mr. Cortese

Tac-tics

I think there are two types of anti-Corteses.

One lot are the straight forward gullible Echo believing whingers but there is another group that are still struggling with being let down by Wilde and then the laughable failure of the Pinnacle Group.They were expecting an era of "fansontheboard" , £125 Season tickets, and even jobs at St Marys (club historian anyone ?).

Instead The Saints are being run by a ruthlessly efficient group of people ,who have (in a year !) turned this shambles of a club back into top flight contenders.

I dont care if they arent fan-panderers ,I dont care they arent local press arse-lickers,I dont care they are ignoring ageing former-Saints "celebrities" Cortese and Leibherr are doing a superb job and we are lucky they are here.

Good Post !

That part emboldened is especially relavant given to the depths we had sunk to this time last year !

Thanks to these two, not only do we have a club, but we have a club with a plan and the wherewithall to see it through.

Contrast that to the line of twits that we had the misfortune to be saddled with for far too long before.

[/b]

Good Post !

That part emboldened is especially relavant given to the depths we had sunk to this time last year !

Thanks to these two, not only do we have a club, but we have a club with a plan and the wherewithall to see it through.

Contrast that to the line of twits that we had the misfortune to be saddled with for far too long before.

Bloody Happy-Clappers!! Always looking at the past and not looking forward!!;)

One lot are the straight forward gullible Echo believing whingers but there is another group that are still struggling with being let down by Wilde and then the laughable failure of the Pinnacle Group.They were expecting an era of "fansontheboard" , £125 Season tickets, and even jobs at St Marys (club historian anyone ?).

Instead The Saints are being run by a ruthlessly efficient group of people ,who have (in a year !) turned this shambles of a club back into top flight contenders.

I dont care if they arent fan-panderers ,I dont care they arent local press arse-lickers,I dont care they are ignoring ageing former-Saints "celebrities" Cortese and Leibherr are doing a superb job and we are lucky they are here.

I think you ought to include Alan Pardew along with those two as the people who have turned the club around.

Good point.

For all of the discussion about Cortese, Pardew etc. the bottom line is that we are competitive again and can enter next season full of confidence. I do have some concerns about the working relationship between the manager and the CEO but so far they have shown that, between them, they can produce the goods, so long may this continue!

To be fair he does seem to have this swagger about him that would easily get people's back up, however I’m sure being bit of a faceless cvnt and a charmer has got him to where he is today. He is only human unlike that hockey stick, cucumber sandwich loving flushed ***** Lowe. I’m sure he will make mistakes and learn from them as the old cliché would suggest.

He is clearly a very clever man if he can be both "a faceless cvnt and a charmer".

Maybe your grasp of the English language is no better than his. Personally my impression so far is that he is neither.

Here here!!

Can we not just chill out and enjoy the ride. :smt038

Do you care about being ripped off with a tax on top of the cost of a ticket?

Its not a rip off at all.

Rather than just adding a "mark up" on the ticket price as many other organisations do, they have honestly separated the two entities for the sake of transparency.

Its not a rip off at all.

Rather than just adding a "mark up" on the ticket price as many other organisations do, they have honestly separated the two entities for the sake of transparency.

Rubbish and you know it. The ticket tax is pure profiteering.

Flippin' heck. How long before you start calling it a Stealth Tax (Camaronese) ! Surely it is just a sensible business decision. One that many businesses will be taking this year.

I mean do you want Southampton to be run as a Peoples Cooperative ? .Imagine it Comrade Perry Macmillan as the fanontheboard. Subsidised (Business killing) £125 Season Tickets , Our Beloved Esteemed Leader Lawrie McMenemy as figurehead Chairman. Possibly sponsored by North Korea..........

Flippin' heck. How long before you start calling it a Stealth Tax (Camaronese) ! Surely it is just a sensible business decision. One that many businesses will be taking this year.

I mean do you want Southampton to be run as a Peoples Cooperative ? .Imagine it Comrade Perry Macmillan as the fanontheboard. Subsidised (Business killing) £125 Season Tickets , Our Beloved Esteemed Leader Lawrie McMenemy as figurehead Chairman. Possibly sponsored by North Korea..........

I have already called it a stealth tax because that is exactly what it is. I have no issue with paying a fee that covers postage and packing, but of the £3 less than 20% is P+P so this is not the club covering it's costs, this is blatent profiteering.

I have already called it a stealth tax because that is exactly what it is. I have no issue with paying a fee that covers postage and packing, but of the £3 less than 20% is P+P so this is not the club covering it's costs, this is blatent profiteering.

And if it contributes to us being able to buy better players and funds our push up the leagues, then I would call it wholly sensible.

Pay £2 more or be like some others who are content to stand still ?

Give me the former any time.

And if it contributes to us being able to buy better players and funds our push up the leagues, then I would call it wholly sensible.

Pay £2 more or be like some others who are content to stand still ?

Give me the former any time.

But the three pound cost is meant to be for admin costs, not to fund our "push up the league." That's the point.

But the three pound cost is meant to be for admin costs, not to fund our "push up the league." That's the point.

A cost is a cost however you look at it. If there was no £3.00p then the administration cost would have to come from somewhere else. It all adds to the bottom line.

A cost is a cost however you look at it. If there was no £3.00p then the administration cost would have to come from somewhere else. It all adds to the bottom line.

Agree

It looks like it is ring-fenced to run the administration costs but as you say, that means that other funds ( ie team building) are ring fenced too and not needed to be re-allocated elsewhere.

totally agree, would rather a no nonense ceo than some thick fan on the board set up saying "we want to keep it our club etc"

I'm ashamed of my fellow Saints fans. If Pompey had the set up that we've got, NOT ONE OF THEM would complain, they'd be ecstatic.

I honestly am astounded that we can complain about things that are so trivial in the grand scheme of things... Cortese needs to sort himself out because of rumours about him being a control freak? What about Cortese sanctioned a manager and playing staff that have brought the pride back to the city? Or did that happen when he was on his tea break?

I love this club, but I really dislike some of our fans, and that's sad.

The fee covers the wages, and office expenses (electricity etc) of the person handling the phone call, or the person who has to respond to your email. £3 works out to be about 15 minutes work (wages + office costs) for someone on about £15k pa. This charge has nothing to do with postage & packing.

I imagine Cortese's reaction to 'this is a tax' would be 'don't pay it then'. Whether you like it or not, you have a choice whether you pay this fee, hence, it is not a tax.

The fee covers the wages, and office expenses (electricity etc) of the person handling the phone call, or the person who has to respond to your email. £3 works out to be about 15 minutes work (wages + office costs) for someone on about £15k pa. This charge has nothing to do with postage & packing.

I imagine Cortese's reaction to 'this is a tax' would be 'don't pay it then'. Whether you like it or not, you have a choice whether you pay this fee, hence, it is not a tax.

So VAT, car tax, duty on alcohol etc. etc. are not taxes and we don't have to pay them.

Thankyou, you have just saved me a whole load of money.

And I'm sure you also think Ticketmaster are wonderful people, just some kind Americans helping us poor simple people who can't find the telephone number of the box office of our local theatre.