09/10:

we had lower wage bill considerably

we had more season ticket holders

we had higher average gate

we had no mortgage

we had better cup runs

we had more tv coverage

we were in lower league

Guess is balance sheet looked pretty good.

Exactly. No real idea what some of the top earners were on but rumour had it that John, Rasiak, Euell, BWP were all on well over £10K a week. Even though we replaced them with more players, and the likes of Jaidi, Fonte and Lambert will doubtless be on a fair whack, I just can't see our wage bill being higher than it was. Plus the mortgage has gone which is the removal of a massive load of finance, from memories I believe repayments were between £1M to £2M per year.

Attendances are significantly up, and the TV money difference between Championship and League 1 is not huge.

Ok, so let me just put these down in no order, but all this has happened over the last few months, and I'm wondering what's going on...

- Last day of season, no programmes available, no reasons given.

- Liebherr nowhere to be seen on Times rich list.

- Season tickets give no option to pay over time, want money up front.

Do people get the feeling we may be in fiscal trouble, or is NC trying to prove that you can get worse club to fan communication than Rupert Lowe?

if I had posted this you would have had an utter field day with me...

go and have a word with yourself

I'm more concerned about the fact that peoples opinions are slowly changing regarding Cortese. He seems to be upsetting a lot of people and we know how badly that can end up....

It's a real awkward one this isn't it, I hated Lowe because he was such a media whore. I like the way NC gets on with stuff but we need a statement, you can't just take away a long standing facility which ultimately hurts a lot of people, with just a little footnote in a news article.

Ok, so let me just put these down in no order, but all this has happened over the last few months, and I'm wondering what's going on...

- Last day of season, no programmes available, no reasons given.

- Liebherr nowhere to be seen on Times rich list.

- Season tickets give no option to pay over time, want money up front.

Do people get the feeling we may be in fiscal trouble, or is NC trying to prove that you can get worse club to fan communication than Rupert Lowe?

Slap yourself you hysterical tart !

So if ML has ditched us already, will you all be so pleased about the results against Exeter, Brentford, Wycombe, Colchester, Swindon...

If what you are insinuating has come to pass, dont forget that some of us were warning that this could happen...

This thread must be right up your street!

didn't see this until I had replied.

totally agree, my guess is 08/09 compared with 09/10

09/10:

we had lower wage bill considerably

we had more season ticket holders

we had higher average gate

we had no mortgage

we had better cup runs

we had more tv coverage

we were in lower league

Guess is balance sheet looked pretty good.

What you're forgetting is that 08/09 ended in the Administator being called in. So we weren't running at a bit of a loss or having a bit of a cashflow problem it was absolute meltdown.

I understand fully the new cost structure but still don't see that the new SFC is running as a self financing company.

Our owner is putting his hand in his pocket to assist in a similar way as, say, the Jack Walker trust has at Blackburn. A few million to give the club a helping hand in terms of the players it can recruit and pay.

This club makes me sick

- the pies are ****

- one of the turnstylees last year had a chip that wasnt repainted for 3 MONTHS!!!

- the pub down the road sells **** red wine

- Stadiums on the bloody flight path of Eastligh airport.. great oppertunity for terrorists!

- one of the big screens has had a few dead pixels for at least 2 seasons now!!!

- I've seen women by yorkies at halftime (Says on the packet not for girls!)

- we STILL havent signed Rudi Bloody Skacel!!

I'm not worried in the slightest by SFC, and I can't see any reason why anyone else should be. There is one thing that does worry me though. It's the comments from fans who should know better who, after a mere 12 months, are already finding major fault with the new management. You don't deserve a professional football club.

I'm not worried in the slightest by SFC, and I can't see any reason why anyone else should be. There is one thing that does worry me though. It's the comments from fans who should know better who, after a mere 12 months, are already finding major fault with the new management. You don't deserve a professional football club.

+1:smt038

Honestly?? You can't see what the fuss is about?

You can't see that fans are upset that after paying for this product via this facility for years said facility has been withdrawn with no notice meaning a lot of fans will now be left with no season ticket??

I'm worried that the SMS bogs don't have enough bog paper, and one day I'll have the squits and nothing to wipe up with. Tis a worry all right, a major worry. If we're in financial trouble, maybe that's why there's no bog paper after half time, it would explain a few things. Or, on the other hand, it could be a conspiracy to make me look like a prat when I have poo on my handkerchief.

Honestly?? You can't see what the fuss is about?

You can't see that fans are upset that after paying for this product via this facility for years said facility has been withdrawn with no notice meaning a lot of fans will now be left with no season ticket??

No. Save.

No, I don't mean that. Of course, having no installment plan is going to affect certain season ticket holders. I expect the Chairman to hear the calls and make some necessary arrangements eventually.

It's the bleating from fans, of every tiny point that isn't a solid positive, that gets me.

Edited by St Landrew

Controversial - but true.

I can understand why people are getting annoyed/upset, but let's not forget our "new club" is still in it's infancy stages and no doubt Cortese and co will learn from the mistakes that are made.

Besides, i've sat through too many years of sh*t to give up now we actually look like going somewhere...

I can understand why people are getting annoyed/upset, but let's not forget our "new club" is still in it's infancy stages and no doubt Cortese and co will learn from the mistakes that are made.

Besides, i've sat through too many years of sh*t to give up now we actually look like going somewhere...

I don't want to give up or moan, there is just no way I can find the cash within 30 days for 2 season tickets!!!

You are right the club is in it's infancy, but Luker is time served in the ticket office, if his opinion isn't going to be sort the that doesn't bode well, imho!