Season tickets released!

S-Clarke

Now the season ticket prices have been revealed, will you be renewing?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. Now the season ticket prices have been revealed, will you be renewing?

• Yes
    • No

Even a ten percent drop is poor. The club should be doing everything it can to make it easy for fans to renew or buy a season ticket. Especially in the club's 125th year.

There is nothing wrong, IN PRINCIPAL, to introduce a Pay Up Front policy

BUT

Where, IMHO, the Club has gone wrong, is the timing of it

NO Supporter had a clue this was going to be introduced UNTIL the ST Prices were announced, leaving those that had in the past paid by instalments with very little time to stump up the ready's

ONE ST = not a lot of problem, but where Mr Cortese's doctrine falls down, is for Family's, ie 4 people That sort of money is hard to get hold of in one hit at ANY time, let alone a recession

Mr Cortese SHOULD amend the policy slightly, IMHO

People who want to pay by instalments, just for the sake of it, they should pay up front

The "Family" scenario, (as above) should have a "dispensation", to allow staggerred payment

What Mr Cortese should realise is 4 x £300 is peanuts to him, but it is A LOT OF MONEY to a FAMILY

Will this fall on deaf ears ???? YES, I'm afraid it will, but whether Mr Cortese realises, or even CARES, he has erased a lot of the Good Feel Factor generated last season when we ALL were supporting the start of a New Era at St Mary's

SHAME:cool:

what does not help was that people (and so many were) bracing themselves for a reduction in prices...some were expecting/hoping for ST to cost £125

That's completely irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

I was expecting prices to be about the same, anything under £400, £350ish for a renewal where I was, was reasonably expected, and easy enough to pay off over 6 months... as usual.

The possibility of not being able to pay in instalments didn't even cross most people's minds - and for anyone to suggest they should have been saving in advance is a bit silly given the circumstances, and to say "get a credit card" ignores the people who already have them, and that 99% of other clubs offer instalment plans.

It's the lack of instalments, not the total cost as far as I'm concerned.

I'll soon get used to not going anyway. :mad:

Quite funny this really. I worked out last night that I can actually pay for the season ticket with the money I have saved through the summer by not driving down to SMS every other weekend!

We shall see what the 'real' drop off in sales is when the new season comes around. Hope the home atmosphere isn't affected too much.

one good thing about less season ticket holders will be when (if) another big day out comes around (like the JPT) and the tickets get unfairly gobbled up by the ST holders who managed to get hold of more than they were supposed to

Oh, get over it FFS.

What would of been unfair was if my dad, who has watched Saints since they were in division 3 south, had missed seeing them at Wembley because his heart bypass and arthritis meant he couldn't get a season ticket anymore.

Anyone who used their ST to get a ticket for a non-saints fan is an utter c*nt, I agree with you. But everyone who really was a fan got a ticket, I can assure you of that.

one good thing about less season ticket holders will be when (if) another big day out comes around (like the JPT) and the tickets get unfairly gobbled up by the ST holders who managed to get hold of more than they were supposed to

Give ST holders 12 tickets each, + another 12 if you have held a ticket since we moved to SMS if we reach the PO or cup final !!!!!!

Quite funny this really. I worked out last night that I can actually pay for the season ticket with the money I have saved through the summer by not driving down to SMS every other weekend!

We shall see what the 'real' drop off in sales is when the new season comes around. Hope the home atmosphere isn't affected too much.

That's almost like saying I will be able to pay for my Saturday seat by not driving down from London to SMS for the midweek evening matches when I have to work. I feel better now.

That's completely irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

I was expecting prices to be about the same, anything under £400, £350ish for a renewal where I was, was reasonably expected, and easy enough to pay off over 6 months... as usual.

The possibility of not being able to pay in instalments didn't even cross most people's minds - and for anyone to suggest they should have been saving in advance is a bit silly given the circumstances, and to say "get a credit card" ignores the people who already have them, and that 99% of other clubs offer instalment plans.

It's the lack of instalments, not the total cost as far as I'm concerned.

I'll soon get used to not going anyway. :mad:

It'll be interesting to see if less ST's are sold this year in our intended promotion campaign compared to last year in our survival season (which was where we were at this time last year).

Not sure if posted elswhere, or have seen on the official site, but if season ticket sales were going well, the official site would be boasting that we have sold X many S tickets in the first few days. As this has not been stated can we assume tickets sales are not going that well. Remember how quick they were to say how many ticket were sold for the JPT final after the first few days?

That's almost like saying I will be able to pay for my Saturday seat by not driving down from London to SMS for the midweek evening matches when I have to work. I feel better now.

I miss most midweeks anyway. It's a price worth paying.

I'm in the 70% of this poll that said they will 'renew' (tho' I think it's a big mistake for the club to do what they've done so late in the day) but I can afford to do it.

The problem I've got now is that the people I go with are stalling as they rely on and expected the instalment plan to pay for their ST and now they've got less than a month to deal with it. If they don't, I wont, as they're the people I go to football with, we'll just pay-as-we-go and probably miss a few as a result.

I've mentioned the credit card route (if there's enough time to arrange one) but it's their choice. We may have to wait to see how much they're gonna charge for 'Memberships', tho' with plenty of seats likely to be available at SMS that will only be benficial for possible big cup matches/play-offs.

How many others will be in a similar situation?

I'm interested to know about people that did not renew their ST over the last few years, but instead intended to go on a regular basis - paying for individual tickets. How many games did you actually go to in the end? Did as I imagine you fall out of the habit even though you were a stallwart previously?

For SFC to earn more money you had to have gone to around 14 games last season.

Not sure if posted elswhere, or have seen on the official site, but if season ticket sales were going well, the official site would be boasting that we have sold X many S tickets in the first few days. As this has not been stated can we assume tickets sales are not going that well. Remember how quick they were to say how many ticket were sold for the JPT final after the first few days?

There is no doubt season ticket renewals will be less this year than normal but as there are still over three weeks before deadline I'm not too sure that because sales are slow now they will not pick up later in month. Could be some ST holders are holding back just as a symbolic protest. We will not really know how NC's decision to abandon the scheme affects total sales until August.

I don't think Cortese gives a monkey's armpit whether SFC sell 100 or 10000 Season Tickets

His "Business" philosophy is quite simple

If (as expected) Saints are winning, Fans will come along, and pay FULL PRICE on the day ..........

.... thus gaining "Extra" Revenue

The Achilles heel of course is whether "walk up" attendee's are MORE than those that will NOT renew/get a ST

Great to be still part of a "Friendly Family Club" ..... innit ????:D

No-one was seriously expecting £125 season tickets were they? The prices are ball-park of what was expected to be honest.

As mentioned, one of the biggest problems is people not getting their ST, saying I'll still got to X number of games, the reality is usually that they end up at quite a few less than they originally envisaged.

Cortese requires a very fast start to the season from the team (we're overdue one!), and even that may not be good enough to rescue his misguided policy...

Is it not a bit unusual that existing season ticket holders have not received in the post any renewal information ?

I know the majority of people have internet access and a lot of people read the Daily Echo but should we not ALL be informed ?

Perhaps we cannot afford to print a document or the postage for 14K customers !

Is NC treating us any differently than RL used to ?

Last year they sent out no information or ticket details by post, saying that they did not have enough time to print the info etc. as they only purchased the club late on. Not sure they will post anything again this year? So unless you got internet or Echo info not available by post. But by now with all the media coverage of fans not happy no one should be in the dark that ticket details are out.

Last Year was the first time in several that I couldn't renew (redundancy with out so much as a kiss good bye, them's the break's). This year even if it was a renewal I couldn't, fair play to those that can. I won't be able to afford the full season ticket price, astounded by the price of leauge 1 football. Just have to make it to as many game's as I can.

put it on wrong thread

From other fans forum:

Comparison of season ticket prices for high/low prices

Charlton 290 425

Swindon 299

Huddersfield 360 499

Saints 328 393

Colchester 393 501

Brentford 335 440

Wallsall 280 360

Bristol Rovers 315 488

MK Dons 325 495

Brighton 373 484

Is it not a bit unusual that existing season ticket holders have not received in the post any renewal information ?

I know the majority of people have internet access and a lot of people read the Daily Echo but should we not ALL be informed ?

This is very poor commercial practice, in my opinion.

other fans paying a lot more to watch worse teams in worse grounds. Hoped for cheaper but this info puts it into perpective

But...they don't show their 'Early Bird' renewals, something not available to us. I believe Swindon's 'Early' prices, which were open to renewals AND new applications, was one- hundred-and-something. I'm sure most of thos clubs would have offered lower prices in the spring.

But...they don't show their 'Early Bird' renewals, something not available to us. I believe Swindon's 'Early' prices, which were open to renewals AND new applications, was one- hundred-and-something. I'm sure most of thos clubs would have offered lower prices in the spring.

true, nearly all of those have offered some sort of early bird scheme

Can someone please check my maths.

A) 1 x Senior New ST + 1 x U12 New ST =£358 (both in Family section)

B) Advance Match Day Ticket Senior @£10 plus U12 @£5=£15

Am I correct in thinking that it is not in my interest to purchase ST's. Especially as we rarely go to evening games (due to not getting home until 10.30 and the U12 going to school next day)

Can someone please check my maths.

A) 1 x Senior New ST + 1 x U12 New ST =£358 (both in Family section)

B) Advance Match Day Ticket Senior @£10 plus U12 @£5=£15

Am I correct in thinking that it is not in my interest to purchase ST's. Especially as we rarely go to evening games (due to not getting home until 10.30 and the U12 going to school next day)

£318 for ST, not £358

£345 if you were to pay match by match. So if you are going to miss 2 matches, your better off paying as you go.

We can take from this that 30% of our core support are not going to renew.

I wonder what our normal retention levels are?

So using this as an example... and 600 people is a pretty good indication, around 5% of our support.

I will be surprised if we end up with more season ticket holders this season than we did last season.

Mission accomplished for Cortese.

So using this as an example... and 600 people is a pretty good indication, around 5% of our support.

I will be surprised if we end up with more season ticket holders this season than we did last season.

only if those 5% go to 14 games

only if those 5% go to 14 games

Well yes, there is that, now I am not aware of the figures, but I can't see many non-season ticket holders going to more than 14 games. When you have to pay for each game individually, you justify your tickets game for game.

All of a sudden a cold December night watching Saints v Hartlepool doesn't seem to be worth £25

Cortese plan depends on us flying high in the league which we should, but if we don't then his plan will backfire with the lowest SMS crowds ever, particularly for night matches.

£318 for ST, not £358

£345 if you were to pay match by match. So if you are going to miss 2 matches, your better off paying as you go.

Thank you, Stu!

Is it not, £239 + £119?

It'll be interesting to see if less ST's are sold this year in our intended promotion campaign compared to last year in our survival season (which was where we were at this time last year).

After originally thinking this would be the case, and then going out and extending a loan so I could pay for mine, I suspect the figures might actually be quite similar (despite the fact you'd expect them to have rocketed given the season we're expecting).

The point remains, that a lot of people will be p15sed off with the club for having to do things exactly like this, and plenty of people now won't spend their money at the club if they think they're exploiting their loyalty.

So they get more money from forcing people into match by match, but people don't bother spending whilst they are there. Messing with fan goodwill is a risky game.

What they HAVE successfully done is buried a significant de facto price rise from last season for a second season of League One football in amongst a swathe of even less popular ideas, which is some kind of media spinning genius.

After originally thinking this would be the case, and then going out and extending a loan so I could pay for mine, I suspect the figures might actually be quite similar (despite the fact you'd expect them to have rocketed given the season we're expecting).

The point remains, that a lot of people will be p15sed off with the club for having to do things exactly like this, and plenty of people now won't spend their money at the club if they think they're exploiting their loyalty.

So they get more money from forcing people into match by match, but people don't bother spending whilst they are there. Messing with fan goodwill is a risky game.

What they HAVE successfully done is buried a significant de facto price rise from last season for a second season of League One football in amongst a swathe of even less popular ideas, which is some kind of media spinning genius.

Unless the backtrack or start communicating with fans, I will make a point of doing less than 10 home games next season.

Having said that, I doubt many casual fans do more than that... I can't imagine that more than 10% of casual PAYG fans go to more than 10 games a season.

I hope we have lower crowds next season, to start with, I fully expect we will, unless England win the World Cup which will put a couple of thousand on gates all around the country.

The point is that with 32,689 seats you have major flexibility (elasticity I think some may call it) with pricing in League One. Ok, Sheffield Wednesday may have 40k seats but I couldn't really care less about them - in fact their match deals look better than ours.

This is why I'm particularly annoyed about Cortese's approach - which will backfire on him and probably is already. The thought of so many empty seats again is depressing, when we should really have an excellent team by these standards.

The point is that with 32,689 seats you have major flexibility (elasticity I think some may call it) with pricing in League One. Ok, Sheffield Wednesday may have 40k seats but I couldn't really care less about them - in fact their match deals look better than ours.

This is why I'm particularly annoyed about Cortese's approach - which will backfire on him and probably is already. The thought of so many empty seats again is depressing, when we should really have an excellent team by these standards.

We could easily have been playing in front of many near full-houses this coming season with just a little for-thought. I'm still amazed they've done what they've done.

No doubt crowds will improve later in the season if things go as planned but I can imagine a few grim fixtures at SMS between October and Feb.

Shame, could/should have been so different.

A cynic might suggest they weren't particularly bothered if many took up Season Tickets as they'll expect people to go anyway in (what promises to be) a successful season. It does seem strange to wait so late to announce details and then give just a month to find the full amount of cash - how many will get wrapped up in the World Cup and forget?

25k+ gates with 20k ST holders don't bring in the revenue that 25k+ gates do with 10k ST holders.

If they had 20k+ STs at the start of this season, they could have sold another 5k half-STs at Christmas and, should promotion happen, had 1000s more clamouring for them for the following season.

On a different note, it would be interesting to see what this years promoted clubs charged for STs to give us some idea for us if all goes well.

I'll tell you what. I never had a season ticket for various reasons, mostly based on the fact that I have to go where the work is. But this year I'm going to buy one, so i'll cancel out someone who wont be renewing. So please nominate yourself as my cancel-out.

So there, ying and yang and the universe is back in balance.

It's not nice, I know, but there are ways and means and it seems to me a 0% credit card works well, and it's is just the same thing, is it not, as a payment plan.

I'll tell you what. I never had a season ticket for various reasons, mostly based on the fact that I have to go where the work is. But this year I'm going to buy one, so i'll cancel out someone who wont be renewing. So please nominate yourself as my cancel-out.

So there, ying and yang and the universe is back in balance.

It's not nice, I know, but there are ways and means and it seems to me a 0% credit card works well, and it's is just the same thing, is it not, as a payment plan.

No

It's completely different as has been explained a million times on here.

On another note... the club still haven't sent out renewal packs not conducted any advertising or marketing...

Anyone would think they don't want people to know that the season tickets are on sale...

I see Liverpool just announced their season ticket prices for next season today, and you only have until 25th June to renew. Mind you with a waiting list, they are not short of people wanting a season ticket.

Just shows that well run clubs make their fans jump at short notice. Well run? oh it's Liverpool.....

I see Liverpool just announced their season ticket prices for next season today, and you only have until 25th June to renew. Mind you with a waiting list, they are not short of people wanting a season ticket.

Just shows that well run clubs make their fans jump at short notice. Well run? oh it's Liverpool.....

They've also put prices up by 7% despite there worst season in years.

They've also put prices up by 7% despite there worst season in years.

They're citing inflation and VAT increase as reasons, I'd have thought Saints could have kept the same prices, increased ST sales and keep the relatively new 'feelgood factor' and if/when promotion occurs raised prices next year in line with the top CCC clubs. No one could have complained about that.

No

It's completely different as has been explained a million times on here.

On another note... the club still haven't sent out renewal packs not conducted any advertising or marketing...

Anyone would think they don't want people to know that the season tickets are on sale...

I DID get an email about STs being on sale 6 days after the OS news - but then that's usually a monthly Saints bulletin anyway.