Season tickets released!

S-Clarke

Now the season ticket prices have been revealed, will you be renewing?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. Now the season ticket prices have been revealed, will you be renewing?

• Yes
    • No

It's more than a missed trick Steve, it's incompetence.

A client of mine was struggling for subscription renewals of £130 a year, paid annually. They introduced a £15 a month DD and subcription renewals rose by over 40%... In fact some dead people renew regularly... Ok the last bit is in poor taste, but the point is valid.

You pay £20 a month, you never miss it...

Exactly but a £240 one off payment would

Doesn't the fact that people have to talk about/suggest getting a credit card to pay for a season ticket because there is no longer a payment plan show that Mr Cortese has dropped a bollock ?

If you are a business and you want to attract as many customers as you can one of the first things you should do is make it easy for your customer base to purchase your product...... Cortese had reduced the time frame and the options to buy and put the price up.

He couldnt have ****ed it up much more if he tried.

Apple don't offer credit terms on an iPad's and they are selling like hot cakes.

Apple don't offer credit terms on an iPad's and they are selling like hot cakes.

isn't the basic model about the same price as a season ticket? Hmm. Do you get the whole iPad up front or does it come in 23 bits?

Another slant on the pay now, not later, policy

I am aware of Marcus and Cortese principles of paying up front, and the way he is trying to run our football club with the same maxim.

Afterall they paid up front for the club didn't they. So to ask us to front up for ST's, seems only reasonable, despite promising in the fans charter that the club would keep the installment plan.

One of the very first things they changed was that everyone had to pay to get in, no more freeloaders, no matter how much they contributed in the past.

Staff privileges and reductions went, ie free car parking.

One or two instances of over staffing went quickly, without compassion.

All good sound business practices, you may think.

.or is it?

Hold on Marcus and Nicola, your being Hypocrites here.

Didn't you oversee this club having loan players last season? THATS NOT PAYING UP FRONT!

Wasn't the Puncheon and Barnard signings held up over the amount of money up front, and subsequent installments?

I remember Plymouth nearly pulling out of deal due to an unrealistic offer of installments. Southend weren't happy either but they had no choice considering their financial position.

I have no idea how the other transfers were paid, but I do recall Coventry bemoaning the way we changed the goal posts after agreeing a deal for Eliott Ward.

Now I not criticizing the pay up front principle that is being imposed on some of our supporters, just saying they should also extend those principles to themselves when buying players.

They should also, under these principles, pay suppliers up front.

JUST A THOUGHT..

Would other clubs have pay up front for our players??

If so, no wonder we can't sell anyone.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't think there would have been so much angst if, in March when everyone was anticipating the 'Early Bird' as usual, the club made a statement saying something simple like...

"SFC will no longer be releasing ST prices until June and the club have decided to do away with our now expected enstalment plan, please make other arrangements. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause...thank you for your continued support...the future's bright...COYR...and whites....and slashes....etc, etc."

Could have cut out 3 months of speculation/confusion.

I don't think there would have been so much angst if, in March when everyone was anticipating the 'Early Bird' as usual, the club made a statement saying something simple like...

"SFC will no longer be releasing ST prices until June and the club have decided to do away with our now expected enstalment plan, please make other arrangements. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause...thank you for your continued support...the future's bright...COYR...and whites....and slashes....etc, etc."

Could have cut out 3 months of speculation/confusion.

And able to save!!!! ;)

Sadly the club reflects a rather british business view,supplier led.

THIS http://www.trentonthunder.com/tickets/zTickets.asp?key=#098

Is how to sell tickets when supply is greater than demand.

SAdly, I feel that those who have supported through the last few years will all be forgotten if we ever get back to the PL, and full grounds are a regular occurrence.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the list of games shown when you buy your ST on-line shows a play-off game is included in the deal!!!

Before anyone gets excited however, it would appear this is an error as there are still only 23 games listed, so this must be in place of a regular league game???

Another slant on the pay now, not later, policy

I am aware of Marcus and Cortese principles of paying up front, and the way he is trying to run our football club with the same maxim.

Afterall they paid up front for the club didn't they. So to ask us to front up for ST's, seems only reasonable, despite promising in the fans charter that the club would keep the installment plan.

One of the very first things they changed was that everyone had to pay to get in, no more freeloaders, no matter how much they contributed in the past.

Staff privileges and reductions went, ie free car parking.

One or two instances of over staffing went quickly, without compassion.

All good sound business practices, you may think.

.or is it?

Hold on Marcus and Nicola, your being Hypocrites here.

Didn't you oversee this club having loan players last season? THATS NOT PAYING UP FRONT!

Wasn't the Puncheon and Barnard signings held up over the amount of money up front, and subsequent installments?

I remember Plymouth nearly pulling out of deal due to an unrealistic offer of installments. Southend weren't happy either but they had no choice considering their financial position.

I have no idea how the other transfers were paid, but I do recall Coventry bemoaning the way we changed the goal posts after agreeing a deal for Eliott Ward.

Now I not criticizing the pay up front principle that is being imposed on some of our supporters, just saying they should also extend those principles to themselves when buying players.

They should also, under these principles, pay suppliers up front.

JUST A THOUGHT..

Would other clubs have pay up front for our players??

If so, no wonder we can't sell anyone.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Not entirely true, I know people who were given freebie tickets for pretty much every game between christmas and the end of the season.

I think the reason for lack of payment plan is the hassle it caused the ticket office last year. In previous years it was run by a credit company, last year they took the card numbers themselves and ran the payments at agreed intervals. I had a call from them after the 1st month as they took my details down incorrectly and a mate had his season ticket cancelled without warning as his card expired!

Interesting....just went to renew my ST and was told by the nice woman on the phone that my renewal price (Chapel) was £277. Now I could have sworn that the OS said £328 yesterday. Have I missed something?? I did query it with her, but she was categorical that it should be £277 with my 5 year old son going free. Anybody any the wiser?? Apologies if anything similar has already been posted.

Interesting....just went to renew my ST and was told by the nice woman on the phone that my renewal price (Chapel) was £277. Now I could have sworn that the OS said £328 yesterday. Have I missed something?? I did query it with her, but she was categorical that it should be £277 with my 5 year old son going free. Anybody any the wiser?? Apologies if anything similar has already been posted.

Chapel = family enclosure

£277 is right... bottom-right corner of this graphic:

0,,10280~8820205,00.jpg

£277 is right... bottom-right corner of this graphic:

0,,10280~8820205,00.jpg

Do they check one's nipper's date-of-birth....? Not that I'm suggesting for one moment that I would buy an 'Adult and Under 8 pair' for me and my "looks younger than he is" 10 year old....

Do they check one's nipper's date-of-birth....? Not that I'm suggesting for one moment that I would buy an 'Adult and Under 8 pair' for me and my "looks younger than he is" 10 year old....

seems strange to have to pay an extra £50 if your lad is 9 rather than 8.

I will probably renew, but not now getting the 125 kit, as that will be my 'small' protest against the season ticket debacle.

Shame, as I was looking forward to getting it (need a new Saints kit).

I will probably renew, but not now getting the 125 kit, as that will be my 'small' protest against the season ticket debacle.

Shame, as I was looking forward to getting it (need a new Saints kit).

You'll buy it. You'll see it on the rail in the window, flirting at you and whispering quietly and seductively in your ear 'buuuy meee'. Yes, you'll hold off for a while, but eventually etc etc etc.......

My boss (a long term Saints fan) was bought a half season ticket for Xmas. He'd not had a season ticket for many years and in general hardly ever went to games. As a result of enjoying the games last season he intends to buy a full season ticket this year.

seems strange to have to pay an extra £50 if your lad is 9 rather than 8.

Thats a £150 not £50.

My son is now 9 so last year I paid £350 for the pair of our tickets this year its £543

Thats a £150 not £50.

My son is now 9 so last year I paid £350 for the pair of our tickets this year its £543

If you can afford it - pay it. If you want to pay less - pay £328 by moving to the Chapel Stand. This would then free up more seats for adults who want/can afford to pay top prices for the Centre Stands, thus maximising income to the club and allowing the business to invest.

I can't believe so many people are moaning about there being no instalment plan offered by the club for season tickets. They've clearly been ripped off by people defaulting in the past and continuing to use the season tickets in their possession. Yes, they could factor it out to a credit company and let them worry about chasing defaulters; but there's a moral issue with doing this when they know from experience that some scumbags will default and carry on using the ST.

Markus seems a very moral man. Maybe he/NC don't want to pass these scumbags on to credit providers? Maybe, bearing in mind how Markus runs his companies debt-free, they are saving those of low income from themselves by not letting them incur debt for one of his company's services?

The bottom line is - if you have got the money to pay up front for a season ticket, then buy one and make the match by match saving. If you can't afford to pay up front, then WHY should you be provided with a vehicle for debt by the club? If you want to make your own credit arrangements with your bank, credit card company or other credit provider, then that's your decision; But in no way should the club be responsible for you wanting to spend money that you don't have.

Those who can't afford to stump up in full for a season ticket aren't being stopped from going to the matches - they just pay on a match by match basis for those games that they CAN afford to go to. If they choose to go to matches instead of putting food on the family table, then that's their stupid fault.

If you can afford it - pay it. If you want to pay less - pay £328 by moving to the Chapel Stand. This would then free up more seats for adults who want/can afford to pay top prices for the Centre Stands, thus maximising income to the club and allowing the business to invest.

I can't believe so many people are moaning about there being no instalment plan offered by the club for season tickets. They've clearly been ripped off by people defaulting in the past and continuing to use the season tickets in their possession. Yes, they could factor it out to a credit company and let them worry about chasing defaulters; but there's a moral issue with doing this when they know from experience that some scumbags will default and carry on using the ST.

Markus seems a very moral man. Maybe he/NC don't want to pass these scumbags on to credit providers? Maybe, bearing in mind how Markus runs his companies debt-free, they are saving those of low income from themselves by not letting them incur debt for one of his company's services?

The bottom line is - if you have got the money to pay up front for a season ticket, then buy one and make the match by match saving. If you can't afford to pay up front, then WHY should you be provided with a vehicle for debt by the club? If you want to make your own credit arrangements with your bank, credit card company or other credit provider, then that's your decision; But in no way should the club be responsible for you wanting to spend money that you don't have.

Those who can't afford to stump up in full for a season ticket aren't being stopped from going to the matches - they just pay on a match by match basis for those games that they CAN afford to go to. If they choose to go to matches instead of putting food on the family table, then that's their stupid fault.

How many default? Very few I'd imagine. You miss the point. It doesn't matter, whether or not the club should be helping fans "manage" their own finances, the club will lose match day supporters as a result of what was announced Monday night, at a point when most home games have 12k empty seats.

Sorry I must have missed my post complaining ,it was merely a statement of fact that the difference in my case between an 8 and 9 year old's season ticket is £150 not £50.

How many default? Very few I'd imagine. You miss the point. It doesn't matter, whether or not the club should be helping fans "manage" their own finances, the club will lose match day supporters as a result of what was announced Monday night, at a point when most home games have 12k empty seats.

A hundred or so I read somewhere. Not many, but this probably cost the club £30k+ and has helped to ruin things for everyone else who wants to pay in instalments.

The club needn't lose matchday supporters - if people were keen enough to buy a season ticket and attend every match, why won't they be keen enough to pay on a match by match basis but still attend every match? Yes, some might not bother with occasional midweek winter matches, but then people have choices to make and are then free to make those choices. There were plenty of games under Burley, for instance, that I really didn't enjoy, couldn't get enthused about and really didn't want to be at SMS for, but felt like I HAD to because of the season ticket. A few I might not have bothered with if I hadn't had the season ticket. If the team continues playing good attacking football and winning games, then people are going to be enticed back on a match by match basis and crowds will rise. You can argue ifs and buts all day long, but at least the club won't be responsible for putting people into debt.

Sorry I must have missed my post complaining ,it was merely a statement of fact that the difference in my case between an 8 and 9 year old's season ticket is £150 not £50.

Only my first paragraph was vaguely in reply to your post. If you're happy to pay the new price to stay in a Centre Stand, then fine. Those that don't want to pay that much (I wasn't particularly aiming this at you) can pay much less in the Chapel Stand. The club are clearly trying to entice families to the Family Stand by offering such great deals there; Thus allowing them to maximise the income from the Centre Stands.

The rest of my post was about people moaning about the credit issue generally and was not in reply to your comment.

The club needn't lose matchday supporters - if people were keen enough to buy a season ticket and attend every match, why won't they be keen enough to pay on a match by match basis but still attend every match? Yes, some might not bother with occasional midweek winter matches, but then people have choices to make and are then free to make those choices. There were plenty of games under Burley, for instance, that I really didn't enjoy, couldn't get enthused about and really didn't want to be at SMS for, but felt like I HAD to because of the season ticket. A few I might not have bothered with if I hadn't had the season ticket. QUOTE]

Because going to every match and paying per game costs a lot more. How many people are really going to pay £25 to watch Saints play Hartlepool on a cold Tuesday in February? Even if we are playing good football.

Having a season ticket and going every week is a habit, once that is broken a lot of people don't get back into again in the same way, like it or not, that is human nature.

I was asked for my son's date of birth, but they have not requested any proof. Whilst I would have no problem if they didrequest proof of his age, I suppose it might allow people to claim somebody is younger than they actually are. However, once they have a child's age on the database it will only be so long before the higher price kicks in....

Because going to every match and paying per game costs a lot more. How many people are really going to pay £25 to watch Saints play Hartlepool on a cold Tuesday in February? Even if we are playing good football.

I assume they'll do 'special offer' games on a case by case basis? So, if they think they'll get a low turn out on a cold Tuesday in February they might do a 'kids for a quid' and/or reduce the adult price.

Supply and demand and all that malarkey

I assume they'll do 'special offer' games on a case by case basis? So, if they think they'll get a low turn out on a cold Tuesday in February they might do a 'kids for a quid' and/or reduce the adult price.

Supply and demand and all that malarkey

Well there has been circa 10k empty seats at most home games last season, so I'm not so sure how that applies.

I bet come xmas if we are top of the league etc, the ground will have circa 25k+ most games and full for a fair few after and in between..

it seems people want us to sign CCC standard players but dont want to pay for it

You seem to be missing the point.

Very few people are actually complaining about the price of the season ticket renewals.

With the VAT rate returning to 17.5% and the desire of the club a year ago to price the tickets such that they sold lots in a short space of time before the season started, they were always going to go up a bit. £328 works out at just over £14 a game - fine by me.

Very few people are actually complaining about the price of the season ticket renewals.

With the VAT rate returning to 17.5% and the desire of the club a year ago to price the tickets such that they sold lots in a short space of time before the season started, they were always going to go up a bit. £328 works out at just over £14 a game - fine by me.

my point was that people all year have been harping on about how we will win the league next season and how "fun" it will be..some even want a return to wembley...

to do this will cost a lot of cash in player signings/fees/wages..

rightly, the club probably want to get in good quality players now....some probably too good for this league (like fonte/lambert)...

it ALL costs huge league 1 money...where is it going to come from..?

sugar dady..? well, we(the club) have said they will not go into anyones debt..?

that and im guess too many defaulters last season on the installment plan is the reason why they have done this...

I still think that it is a small price to pay to (probably) see saints win the league...when was the last time that happened at any level..?

my point was that people all year have been harping on about how we will win the league next season and how "fun" it will be..some even want a return to wembley...

to do this will cost a lot of cash in player signings/fees/wages..

rightly, the club probably want to get in good quality players now....some probably too good for this league (like fonte/lambert)...

it ALL costs huge league 1 money...where is it going to come from..?

sugar dady..? well, we(the club) have said they will not go into anyones debt..?

that and im guess too many defaulters last season on the installment plan is the reason why they have done this...

I still think that it is a small price to pay to (probably) see saints win the league...when was the last time that happened at any level..?

f*cking hell, we are in the THIRD division can you stop going on about the HUGE money needed.

We would benefit more from higher crowds / atmosphere, than the 15k we will end up with for a lot of games where people who used to be season ticket holders will instead be at home / in the pub.

I resent paying a online £3 booking fee on principle.

f*cking hell, we are in the THIRD division can you stop going on about the HUGE money needed.

We would benefit more from higher crowds / atmosphere, than the 15k we will end up with for a lot of games where people who used to be season ticket holders will instead be at home / in the pub.

I resent paying a online £3 booking fee on principle.

if huge money is not needed..then why did we sign lambert who costs as much as the NEXT 3 big signings last summer

or fonte - from the CCC and on big money..

you really think lallana is on an average league 1 wage..?

pardew, wilkins etc etc all will be on good money...

if huge money is not needed..then why did we sign lambert who costs as much as the NEXT 3 big signings last summer

but more reasonably pricing and sales incentives (similar to what we had last season) on the back of the JPT win we could have been looking at crowds of 22-26k, which are huge crowds for league one, we shouldnt then need to increase pricing, probably ending with the same income on lower crowds.

TDD, are you Cortese's plant on this site?

Has he recruited you to swerve debate away from the big questions?

If not, perhaps you should approach him to see if you can work out a deal.

You're doing the job already so you might as well get paid to do it.

Despite a 'quit moaning' post yesterday, I can understand why this makes it difficult for some. The club should be doing whatever it can to get buyers in the door.

However, if as a previous poster suggested they administered it manually last season, I can also see why the club stopped it.

So, my solution would be to go to http://www.zopa.com and borrow money from there. Cheaper than a credit card and you can pay back early without penalty. All online. Simple.

I've lent and borrowed with them before and it was very easy.

Despite a 'quit moaning' post yesterday, I can understand why this makes it difficult for some. The club should be doing whatever it can to get buyers in the door.

However, if as a previous poster suggested they administered it manually last season, I can also see why the club stopped it.

So, my solution would be to go to http://www.zopa.com and borrow money from there. Cheaper than a credit card and you can pay back early without penalty. All online. Simple.

I've lent and borrowed with them before and it was very easy.

rofl

theres a £125 fee just for borrowing.. & 15% interest ....

What actual percentage of existing season ticket holders has the lack of a payment scheme affected (how many were on payment scheme last year).

Has anyone got this info?

What actual percentage of existing season ticket holders has the lack of a payment scheme affected (how many were on payment scheme last year).

Has anyone got this info?

Only the club would have those details mate, what is obvious via the polls on here and the Echo website is 30% of fan's polled are not renewing!