Season tickets released!

S-Clarke

Now the season ticket prices have been revealed, will you be renewing?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. Now the season ticket prices have been revealed, will you be renewing?

• Yes
    • No

I would imagine they would be about average for what ever the norm is in the prem when we get there

That is why I quite like it in League 1

Usually see a win a few goals have a couple of beers with my brother for less than £20

That is why I quite like it in League 1

Usually see a win a few goals have a couple of beers with my brother for less than £20

it is good because we have the best players...they cost money

I wonder if stockport fans or tranmere fans thought i was all a good luagh last season

it is good because we have the best players...they cost money

I wonder if stockport fans or tranmere fans thought i was all a good luagh last season

Doubt I would go if we were crap like Stockport/Wycombe

Very easy for those not buying a season ticket to say it's ok.

The questions are. Are a lot of fans going to feel put out? Yes

Will it deter some from renewing or even buying? yes

Has the tide of feeling towards NC ( if not ML) began to turn .. rightly or wrongly .. yes it proberbly has

It may well feel very justified, & they could very well have good reason, but it's not going to help those that are going to now be unable to renew or buy.

While you guys might not want to read it, where better for people to gripe about it than our best forum...

If ML can only make popular decisions to keep the Saints fans happy then we will end up with the club we deserve. Saints fans seem to have their splean on a hair trigger and forget its not just a one way street.

I haven't applied for a credit card for a number of years now, but from what I remember it took about a month for it to turn up after applying for it.

That's cutting it a bit fine if you want to renew your current season ticket.

That's a really good point and I expect one of the main reasons people are so narked. There's been no warning that they were stopping the payment plan, so those hoping for a renewal have next to no time to sort out financing for such a huge outlay at such short notice. It's harsh on some fans that saints are being run on in a more business focused manner, but sometimes that's the price of progress. If that means some fans start going on a game by game basis instead of buying a ST then so be it.

decent signings,win first 3 games 5-0 and we will do pretty well.

Think attendances are more down to that sort of thing than pricing - within reason.

attendances are primarily driven by ST numbers.The evidence is everywhere.

After ST numbers, success is the next biggest factor.

Although the headline prices are OK, although generally a bit pricey for this level, the club

will see rathe poor attendnces for the less attractive games IMO.

or a 0% credit card

dear god, cant people see this..?

I dont think you see the point

SFC had a method for paying by installments which without any notice have stopped so it is going to cause problems.

It must be so damp under your bridge.

Over a quarter of people NOT renewing according to our poll.

sorry if I dont take that poll seriously..this is SWF not the real world

I have even voted and I have not had a ST for 15 years and had no intention of getting one

sorry if I dont take that poll seriously..this is SWF not the real world

I have even voted and I have not had a ST for 15 years and had no intention of getting one

Ah yes......well we all knock off a couple of percentile points for yourself and the other WUMs.

Still, that's 25%.

And 30% on the Echo poll (25% when you knock off the WUMs on there too).

£3 booking fee - what a ****ing joke.

So that means every time I want a ticket it's going to be £25.

Sod that, I don't get down to St Marys very often, but i'll get down even less now on principle because i'm not being ripped off like that. Cortese is a ****ing arsehole.

we shall see with the numbers come kick off in august

Indeed, I think they might get a bit of a shock to be honest.

How many clubs have been brave enough to raise the prices from last season ?

If the "carrot" is buy a season ticket cos match by match will cost you a lot more, especially with the £3 handling fee, then they might just find a few thousand uneaten carrots in the same hiding place as the matchday programme for the last game !

Surley the point of a season ticket being discounted is because the club get all the money upfront. The payments schemes in the past were a loan agreement, the club got the cash upfront from a loan company and the punter paid a bit of interest. So the club isn't offering that this year, so the punter has to do a bit of the leg work themselves, its not that hard, in the time it took to moan on here you could have had it sorted by now.

If people want to pay monthly it's very simple;

1. Borrow £400 and pay it back monthly. You can borrow it from either a bank, credit card, friend or family member.

Alternatively buy tickets as you go.

Come on guys all that it means is you have to sort it out for yourselves. So if you really want a ST you will get one.

It no surprise the level of moaning on here, the club can't do anything with out 'Outraged from Southampton' emailing someone at the club.

What he said, grown men throwing a hissy because they need to borrow £400 from a bank instead of using the clubs own chosen credit company. F**k me some people have to live through earth quakes, civil war, terminal diseases and the like, grow a pair and take some responsibility.

What he said, grown men throwing a hissy because they need to borrow £400 from a bank instead of using the clubs own chosen credit company. F**k me some people have to live through earth quakes, civil war, terminal diseases and the like, grow a pair and take some responsibility.

Sorry Nicola.

You ARE Nicola aren't you? :D

Sorry Nicola.

You ARE Nicola aren't you? :D

Cover well and truly blown..sorry about the confusion guys, I will soon be implementing a very fair installment plan to suit everyone. And I'm going to try to look less like a Bond villain from now on to boot

The forum plants return, are you Cortese or some joey he's payed to post on here?

Nor particular Computer Literate' date=' so when i log onto the on line renewal can someone tell me where i go to renew, cannot find it[/quote']

Never quite understood this but after Logging in Go to My Account (top right) and then in the left column go to Renewals.

Hope that helps!!

Alan

What has that got to do with anything

The club has clearly not been 100 % fair to its fans who have supported it through the bad years

The club has clearly not been 100 % fair to its fans who have supported it through the bad years

Ultimately, Cortese doesn't give a toss about that. He's only concerned about the here and now.

Personally, if he reckons they'll get anywhere near 13,000 season ticket holders this year when last year's have been given 30 days to find £300+ in one lump sum, I think he's going to have a rather rude awakening.

There are probably 8,000 of last year's season ticket holders who would generally renew under any circumstance (within reason) - hence why the idea of the £125 season ticket was a complete non-starter - but the other 5,000 or so's season-long custom would depend on a variety of factors. Timing and convenience are probably quite high on a list of those factors.

The timing is terrible, the season's been over for the best part of a month, so there's no momentum left over from last season. As a result, the desire from the "floating" fans could easily have reduced since the season finished, which would have an impact. While the point about "get a 0% credit card" is valid, it's also not especially convenient. One of the main benefits, I think, of the installment plan the club offered in the past is that the form comes with the season ticket renewal form, so it just gets sent in at the same time, job done.

With a new credit card, you have to go to the effort of finding a suitable card (not everyone would know where to look), then there's a much more substantial amount of time required to register for the card, and then once the card arrives, you have to activate it (can involve waiting on the phone for half an hour). You then make the purchase, but then you have to either set up a direct debit with the card provider (most don't do it within the registration process) or remember to make the right payments each month. All sounds simple, but there's a lot more to it than the club's own payment plan.

Your missing the point mate, I along with most others who used the payment plan would of made other arrangements to finance our season tickets, if we'd been informed that this facility was to be withdrawn from the club!!!!

No one is comparing this to a disaster, we'll apart from you, what people are "moaning" about is the fact as a paying customer no one is communicating with us!

Your missing the point mate, I along with most others who used the payment plan would of made other arrangements to finance our season tickets, if we'd been informed that this facility was to be withdrawn from the club!!!!

No one is comparing this to a disaster, we'll apart from you, what people are "moaning" about is the fact as a paying customer no one is communicating with us!

I think you will find that you were communicated with today

Doesn't the fact that people have to talk about/suggest getting a credit card to pay for a season ticket because there is no longer a payment plan show that Mr Cortese has dropped a bollock ?

If you are a business and you want to attract as many customers as you can one of the first things you should do is make it easy for your customer base to purchase your product...... Cortese had reduced the time frame and the options to buy and put the price up.

He couldnt have ****ed it up much more if he tried.

I'm definitely screwed by the lack of installment plan... if these were realeased in April I would have been able to afford it.... however with a holiday to pay for over the next 2 months I'm up sh*t street!!!

Oh, have they banned saving now then?

Christ the sooner they offer financial planning on the national curriculum the sooner this country will be out of the sh..

Ultimately, Cortese doesn't give a toss about that. He's only concerned about the here and now.

Personally, if he reckons they'll get anywhere near 13,000 season ticket holders this year when last year's have been given 30 days to find £300+ in one lump sum, I think he's going to have a rather rude awakening.

There are probably 8,000 of last year's season ticket holders who would generally renew under any circumstance (within reason) - hence why the idea of the £125 season ticket was a complete non-starter - but the other 5,000 or so's season-long custom would depend on a variety of factors. Timing and convenience are probably quite high on a list of those factors.

The timing is terrible, the season's been over for the best part of a month, so there's no momentum left over from last season. As a result, the desire from the "floating" fans could easily have reduced since the season finished, which would have an impact. While the point about "get a 0% credit card" is valid, it's also not especially convenient. One of the main benefits, I think, of the installment plan the club offered in the past is that the form comes with the season ticket renewal form, so it just gets sent in at the same time, job done.

With a new credit card, you have to go to the effort of finding a suitable card (not everyone would know where to look), then there's a much more substantial amount of time required to register for the card, and then once the card arrives, you have to activate it (can involve waiting on the phone for half an hour). You then make the purchase, but then you have to either set up a direct debit with the card provider (most don't do it within the registration process) or remember to make the right payments each month. All sounds simple, but there's a lot more to it than the club's own payment plan.

It is a very strange decision not to offer direct debit, for example, then people would simply renew without thinking - never mind an instalment plan.

It's not good business practice not to make it as easy as possible for your customers to give you money...

Either there is a motivation for this, or Cortese is a clutz.

It is a very strange decision not to offer direct debit, for example, then people would simply renew without thinking - never mind an instalment plan.

It's not good business practice not to make it as easy as possible for your customers to give you money...

Either there is a motivation for this, or Cortese is a clutz.

A little from A...

In the past, the club used to have a box on the season ticket renewal form which would automatically renew the season ticket for the following season - understandable that this wasn't considered a year ago with the short timescales involved, but also arguably a missed trick.

i'm finding some of the pompous comments from people on here rather distastefull.everyone has different circumstances that affect how they pay for their season tickets & for someone to belittle the fact that some struggle to finance the purchase is just wrong.we are all saints fans after all,trying to show our love for the club by watching them play.

i was going to buy a season ticket using the payment plan or maybe a half season ticket but now don't have either option.to say i'm gutted is a bit of an understatement.apparently i should get a credit card or a bank loan.neither of these options is open to me.if it had been communicated earlier i could have maybe sorted something out.if the club wants to maximise its revenue surely the more options offered to its customers would help,as would better communication? why can't people see that this will upset fans ?

"best in class" :(

more importantly as posted elsewhere -

many of these so called risky people will have been loyal season ticket holders for many years and now for reasons beyond their control are priced out and will be going to less games and not having their own seat. a bit off if you ask me

A little from A...

In the past, the club used to have a box on the season ticket renewal form which would automatically renew the season ticket for the following season - understandable that this wasn't considered a year ago with the short timescales involved, but also arguably a missed trick.

It's more than a missed trick Steve, it's incompetence.

A client of mine was struggling for subscription renewals of £130 a year, paid annually. They introduced a £15 a month DD and subcription renewals rose by over 40%... In fact some dead people renew regularly... Ok the last bit is in poor taste, but the point is valid.

You pay £20 a month, you never miss it...

i'm finding some of the pompous comments from people on here rather distastefull.everyone has different circumstances that affect how they pay for their season tickets & for someone to belittle the fact that some struggle to finance the purchase is just wrong.we are all saints fans after all,trying to show our love for the club by watching them play.

i was going to buy a season ticket using the payment plan or maybe a half season ticket but now don't have either option.to say i'm gutted is a bit of an understatement.apparently i should get a credit card or a bank loan.neither of these options is open to me.if it had been communicated earlier i could have maybe sorted something out.if the club wants to maximise its revenue surely the more options offered to its customers would help,as would better communication? why can't people see that this will upset fans ?

"best in class" :(

I hope you appreciated mine was at least ironic!!! (But you could probably guess that from the other posts).