Season tickets released!

S-Clarke

Now the season ticket prices have been revealed, will you be renewing?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. Now the season ticket prices have been revealed, will you be renewing?

• Yes
    • No

Not that I buy a season ticket anymore, but is it normal for clubs in the Championship and Premier league to have payment plans? In other words, is SFC acting differently to the majority of clubs?

If we want automatic promotion and the best squad in the league a price has to be paid - just ask Chelsea fans.

I do think having to pay an extra 3 quid to book on-line seems crazy.

Maybe Eastleigh FC will benefit....

I do think having to pay an extra 3 quid to book on-line seems crazy.

Paying anything extra on-line is nonsense.

I think Cortese has a cultural blind spot. We English hate being charged 'extras'. We prefer an up front 'all in' price. Sure, there is a cost to maintaining an internet ticket sales system. So stick it on the ticket price and dilute amongst all tickets sold. This really is a cultural thing. Some cultures like everything itemized, we tend not to - I think it is an endearing quality of ours that we should assume that the cost should be shared by all.

Cortese is working off a spreadsheet model, not a human model. Nothing wrong with being business minded but sometimes - as in this case - the bigger gain is lost to short term calculations.

Cortese has ****ed this up, his first big blunder.

Edited by 1976_Child

FWIW i'm still pretty sure a couple of decisions here will be reversed.

I'm sure the ticket office would be fully aware there would be a backlash of sorts to this. I would imagine it would have been taken into account that it wouldn't be universally popular. Thus it is unlikely (but not impossible) they will change anything, nor does it make it wrong if some people disagree with your choice.

The more I think about it, the more stupid it looks. Say if you're a couple or father and adult son who already have a season ticket in the Kingsland. You now have a month to find £786 if you want to get the early prices. To some people that might be no problem, but to a vast amount of people that is a huge chunk of their monthly income that they just will not be able to spare all at once.

Windsor &Eton FC 's weekly attendance is going up by at least one next season.

Those booking charges are the biggest load of bolllocks I have ever seen in my life

Edited by Hatch

The way I read it is the £27 ticket is Centre seats bought on matchday. If you phone up or go online to purchase at any time you will pay a further £3. As they have said, the £2 surcharge is to encourage pre matchday purchase from the ground or shop, and the £3 charge I would assume is to cover cost AND to encourage pre matchday collection to cut down on queues at the office. Makes total sense as hopefully people will be in the ground a bit sooner drinking beer eating food and building up the atmoshere (as well as the revenue!!).

I can understdnd the frustrations re installments but as you have until Aug 6th, potentially that 3 paydays for most people to find (individually) £328 even if you don't have any already saved!!!

Not really an issue I would think but I can certainly understdnd if you are buying for a whole family!

But they're hardly catering for those people who live outside Southampton here are they?

They state that they wish to encourage pre-purchase of tickets, yet penalise those people who try to (unless they go to the ground before match day) :mad:

Well done NC. That should keep some of the riff-raff out.

How comical.

I have sent an email to David Luker. Surely get as many voices heard as possible as only that can change anything.

Cortese was after a wall of noise at the northam end... I can think of a good 30 or so who may well struggle to renew there ST's. Let's see if the Bovril drinkers, who turn up 5 minutes after kick off and leave on 80 minutes even when we are winning, who will have to fill the spaces can create the same atmosphere.

This is a major problem and I can't quite believe they have let it happen. They would hav only had to look at how many fans used the Monthly Installments to realise quite how important it was.

Unless something is changed, I will put 10 pints on a table that season ticket sales are down on last years total (including half season tickets) if someone wants to bet that we better or equal it.

Update on my situation... Of Four of us, only I'm in for renewal. That does not sound so appealing, although I will probs still renew.

Surely for people who were intending to renew you would have been mentally and financially prepared to put your hand in your pocket about March/April time and have since had another 2/3 months to come up with some money.

Just think of how much the season ticket will be going up if your promoted

Underwhelmed.

Why the delay? I predict less ST holders than last season.

Prices are OK (nothing special), but the fees for on-line and phone booking will really p!$$ people off. Has put a bit of a slow puncture in my 'feel good' factor.

E-mailed Luker about the no installment plan, hopefully enough people will do the same for the club to review that. Its alright people saying "oh you should have saved" - not so easy having been made redundant in april and only finding another job recent.y, add to that a long time booked holiday in july to pay for.

I'm gunna struggle big time if they dont bring back the installment plan thats so sho.

If only there was some way people could pay for big purchases over a few months instead of in one lump sum. You could call it a 'credit card'....

The payment plan was interest free. Plain and simple one payment up front followed by 5 further payments. Nothing to worry about, done and dusted.

I steer well clear of credit cards as do my mates, purely because we know too many people who have got into trouble with them.

But hey let's all listen to know it all and get cedit cards so we can afford our season tickets. Stupid response.

Edited by saintscottofthenortham
Typo...

If the Echo DON'T run it as a complete hatchet job they're missing a trick.

I for one have absolutely NO chance of being able to fork out £328 in one go, and nor does my other half. It's not down to any lack of planning either, there just isn't enough money at this time of year.

It's fcking preposterous to keep this information secret for no particular reason and then launch it half a day before people are expected to find the money, in fact.

Fifty quid over 6 months, yeah I can manage that - and have done for the last 5 or so years one way or another - but not all in one go.

There's a fcking recession on over here in the real world... Cortese seems to be making misjudgement after misjudgement at the moment. If the idea is to price people out then it'll work, if the idea is to exploit our expected success, then all he's going to do is p155 off people who would otherwise happily stump up the cash.

Well said gaffer....100% with you on that :|

A curious mix.

I can understand the no half season ticket decision. It probably costs a lot to administrate and they want people to committ to the whole season. However, what is then somewhat odd is penalising those new ST purchasers compared to existing in that case. I wonder if somebody had a half season ticket last season, this would be treated as a renewal ?

The no purchase plan decision is definitely odd. I can only think the cost of administrating and the overhead is far too big when compared to the amount that are actually purchased on the plan.

Not very happy about this.

Prices are ok, but lack of installment plan and the booking fees are a joke.

Hopefully the club will review some of these decisions. I'll be joining the list of people emailing David Luker with their views.

I just sent this email over to Mr Luker, probably won't even read the first line but hey ho....it was not in orange.

Just a quick note...and probably one of many today.

Without a payment plan, SFC have basically kissed goodbye to my season ticket purchase for the last 15 years...thanks very much.

£350 for an ST is by no means unreasonable, infact I would happily pay it and more. Finiding £350 on a month's notice...believe it or not...is completely unreasonable. Car tax this month, service and MOT next... Season Ticket. Guess which one has to go?

The other way of looking at things in the alternate reality or last year as it was and plenty of other years.....Car tax this month, service and MOT next.... £70 down payment on ST. Oh I can just about cobble that together and the next 5 payments subsequently. SFC gets 350 quid and another bum on seat.

Now I find myself in the situation where I can't actually get a season ticket now because for some insane reason we don't have a payment plan. Not everybody has a credit card and if we were made aware that we were taking away the PP, I probably could have saved over the last couple of months to reduce the hit but as it is, i've just been paid for May and you want me to find £350 before the end of June.

Brilliant planning....Well done.

Chris

Can anyone post last years prices for comparison purposes?

Also was there a booking fee for buying tickets by phone last year. I was up in arms about the £3 booking fee but then I remembered that I might have paid a booking fee last year anyway.

is an odd move to get rid of the payment plan but to those that say they cant get it in one go, consider this. Tickets are on sale from today and cease on 6th August, thats 2 months to get the cash, yes if you are renewing it will cost you a bit extra but its not all bad.

It is bullsh*t. Surely if anything online sales should be free and there should be surcharges for using the ticket office at all times if anything. I'd have thought they'd want as many people as possible to buy online to save on manual labour.

Major own goal all round on this one. The lack of payment plan doesn't bother me, but it will put a lot of people off.

I agree, the hike in the price doesn't bother me too much but the surcharge in online sales does as I bring 'other' fans down on matchdays which can only benefit the club, by charging a booking fee will discourage these fans from coming to St Marys. Also I think by removing the instalment plan will see a drop in season ticket sales, a big mistake me thinks as a lot of people don't have the money up front.

is an odd move to get rid of the payment plan but to those that say they cant get it in one go, consider this. Tickets are on sale from today and cease on 6th August, thats 2 months to get the cash, yes if you are renewing it will cost you a bit extra but its not all bad.

No mate, it is bad....why on earth should I have to pay ''extra'' to renew because they don't want to give us an instalment plan....fuc*ing insanity.

In a nutshell..I am a fan, I am willing to go...I am willing to pay...but i cannot pay it all upfront and i'm not going to and SFC are basically telling me that they don't want me to go now because they are not tailoring a package to suit my circumstances (and i'm guessing quite a few people's) but they are tailoring it for people with a)credit cards b)big lumps of cash floating around.

I can however pay, as the9 has said, 50 quid a month for the next 6months and i'm willing to bet every person who wants to go can do that aswell. In the same breath and by the looks of the reaction on here, i bet there are now plenty of people who are thinking 'f*ck that' where as 2 days ago they were quite certainly thinking....'yep season ticket soon!'

You can apply on line for a Barclaycard which has 12 months interest free, takes 5 minutes as just done it. Card will arrive in 5 days. Easy peasy can buy tickets next week and then set up a standing order to pay off every month for 6 months.

Surely for people who were intending to renew you would have been mentally and financially prepared to put your hand in your pocket about March/April time and have since had another 2/3 months to come up with some money.

Just think of how much the season ticket will be going up if your promoted

I am mentally and financially prepared for my new season ticket, in fact I will be purchasing two this season, what f***s me is the online surcharge, I bring extra fans to the ground, fans of 'other' clubs who want a day out to see other footy at another level but to charge an extra for online sales is a **** take and means most of those won't bother now and FYI I live 120 miles away so its not as I can pop down during the week to get tickets, a serious own goal by SFC.

I am mentally and financially prepared for my new season ticket, in fact I will be purchasing two this season, what f***s me is the online surcharge, I bring extra fans to the ground, fans of 'other' clubs who want a day out to see other footy at another level but to charge an extra for online sales is a **** take and means most of those won't bother now and FYI I live 120 miles away so its not as I can pop down during the week to get tickets, a serious own goal by SFC.

This is one that baffles me a bit. They had a serious problem on a number of home games last season with big 'walk-ups' that they couldn't cope with resulting in large queues, disgruntled fans (I realise it's their fault turning up so late) not getting in until 20mins into the match and loss sales as many gave up and walked away.

Also was there a booking fee for buying tickets by phone last year. I was up in arms about the £3 booking fee but then I remembered that I might have paid a booking fee last year anyway.

Booking fee on phone purchases yes but not online, this was free and I don't see why there has to be a charge this time, wasn't that the idea of purchasing online in the first place.

Serious bad mistake by the club having no instalment plan.

This club is meant to be family orientated - where is the family orientation in having noe instalment plan. Many families would have been using this to purchase their season tickets as they can't fork out for them in one go. I know a few families who aren't going to be able to afford the payment in one hit and now won't be renewing.

Also my brother won't be getting a season ticket either. There is no way he will be able to get £382 together by July 1st even; as he is on low income and also has a new baby and a family to support.

Very disappointed in the club right now.

David Luker will be hearing from me.

No installment plan? - Get a 0% credit card! It's not rocket science and the term is between 12-18 months, happy days!

I'm off on holiday for two weeks on Sunday, which will no doubt cost me an arm and a leg, so the timing is poor, but if I work out I can't afford it in one go, I'll just get myself one of those shiny plastic cards for a couple of months.

You can apply on line for a Barclaycard which has 12 months interest free, takes 5 minutes as just done it. Card will arrive in 5 days. Easy peasy can buy tickets next week and then set up a standing order to pay off every month for 6 months.

Only if you've a good credit rating. :smt105

Anyone else won't get a card these days unless it's at really high rates. :(

Spent too much money restoring my lambretta so I won't be getting one anyway.I will just pay to goto as many games as I can get to,I didn't have any problems getting tickets. Last season and I don't envisage having troubles getting tickets this season.

I think that the structure and the lack of credit will put off a lot more than it will attract,there are no real incentives for new customers.

Fortunately I have friends who live in Southampton and get hold of tickets for me for when I visit, but the online charge is strange. The club must appreciate the wide ranging nature of our support and some have no other option.

As for the lack of payment plan: I can see reasons why they might want to do this, but if so announce it in good, good time; back in April perhaps? If I were in the UK I'd be ok even on my 10k pension (fat chance at my age of getting much work at the moment) but that's because I plan. If you're single employed with no family commitments you should be able to get the cash together: what would happen if your car needed unexpected repairs, for example? It's good to see that some people are wary of credit cards but perhaps stick a little bit on an authorised overdraft for another couple of months and you should be well there. Might need a few cuts elsewhere, but many of us have to do that. For families with more than one ticket and dodgy employment situation I can see it being a real problem.

It'll be interesting to hear the club's response.

I know my maths are a bit dodgy but where does the 32/35% discount come from?

Adult centre renewal £393

Adult centre new £426

I reckon thats about 8% less

I think i,ve sussed it. 23 matches X £27 = £621 then the discounts quoted make sense. Poorly explained by club as it makes the incentive to renew by end of June not that attractive.

The payment plan was interest free. Plain and simple one payment up front followed by 5 further payments. Nothing to worry about, done and dusted.

I steer well clear of credit cards as do my mates, purely because we know too many people who have got into trouble with them.

But hey let's all listen to know it all and get cedit cards so we can afford our season tickets. Stupid response.

Actually Scott people only get THEMSELVES into trouble with a credit card because they have no SELF-control. I've just applied for a Sainsbury' credit card at 12 months interest FREE credit, to which, I'll set a standing order from my current account.

Hmmmm....not wishing to sound like a c*ck but where's the issue here?

Just because people want the club to hold their hands and effectively pay for them to to attend games?

I'm happy that a certain group of supporters may not be able to go this year - we might get singing back in the Northam again.

It's also true that some people can't get a credit card because of their credit history and can't afford to buy their ST in one go. Well I can't afford a holiday villa, so I rent one which is no different to not owning a ST and paying at the gate every month.

It's not discrimination, it's logic. If you can afford to fund a ST then great, if not, pay on the gate.

The club have been treating us like kids for years by giving interest free loans. I'm just surprised that Cortese hasn't thought about this a little bit more and launched a Saints credit card with interest free on ST's. Or even offered a deal from Saints Financial Services offering a 7% deal.

not especially happy with the price rise, but kind of expected it. With a title chasing side crowds would haev been biger this coming season so increased revenue anyway. Mind you, who knows what our inco ings and outgoings are.

Not happy about this £3 booking fee either. I seem to recall that SFC has the highest percentage of fans from outside the local area, so a large number of people are going to be faced with paying £3 extra for games as they can't possibly get to the ground to buy tickets. Even season ticket holders will face this when it coems to cup games etc.

Online sales should be free of a booking fee. Total rip off.

I know my maths are a bit dodgy but where does the 32/35% discount come from?

Adult centre renewal £393

Adult centre new £426

I reckon thats about 8% less

Didn't notice that price lol, seems the centre prices have come down, I'm just of centre called the wings @ £328 for renewal, for new tickets in this area it's £391 which is a 19% hike, not the 32-35% as indicated. Seems the biggest increase is in the family enclosure where the adult price is 38% increase, not exactly 32-35% :confused:

Booking fee on phone purchases yes but not online, this was free and I don't see why there has to be a charge this time, wasn't that the idea of purchasing online in the first place.

spot on. The whole idea is that you don't need to pay for staff manning phones. SFC rip off. Just a way of disguising a higher ticket price.