Lazy journalism at the Echo just gets worse..

alpine_saint

...look at this complete and total plagarism of the e-mail that exit2 got from Andrew Cowen...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/3705034.Saints_scotch_Skacel_rumour/

And it's still - as it was with exit's email - a non-denial denial.

Cowen has not denied that the rumoured appearance clause is preventing his being selected - just that he's 'available' for selection, and that JP makes these decisions alone.

I can easily imagine the conversation between JP and Lowe/Cowen being something like: 'You can pick him but it'll take money away from any other position you might want to strengthen with a loan, etc. Your choice.'

Hope I'm wrong...

OK I got a reply, Basically I ask why he doesnt play and is there any truth in the £4k appearance fee stopping him playing?

"Thank you for your email.

Rudi Skacel is available for selection for the first team as he has been since his return from Germany where Hertha chose not to exercise their option that formed part of the loan agreement. As you will be aware, a number of clubs expressed an interest in him during the close season transfer window but he was unable to agree personal terms.

I am not aware of any contractual dispute.

The selection of the first team is, as always the exclusive preserve of Jan Poortvliet.

Kind regards

Andrew Cowen"

Perhaps I should ask for a job!

I have a mate who is a Colchester Utd fan for his sins (also quite frustrating as they seemed to be somewhat of a bogey team for us which I received a lot of stick for). When they signed Teddy Sheringham, because the wages were far too much (Football manager has him on £5k a week, although how accurate football manager is in terms of wages im not sure) for Colchester to afford, one of the directors was paying Teddy's wages out of his own pocket.

If Rudi does have a win bonus (as wages will be paid regardless if he plays or not) then IMO one of the directors (or all) should pay this bonus and allow arguably our most creative midfielder to play week in week out.

Speculate to accumulate. If we dont win when he plays we have not lost out financially. If he plays and we win, then this may entice some of the fans to come back (success breeds the feel good factor) which in itself would generate more money to contribute toward paying this alleged win bonus!

I am no genius but I can clearly see this would benefit us.

I have a mate who is a Colchester Utd fan for his sins (also quite frustrating as they seemed to be somewhat of a bogey team for us which I received a lot of stick for). When they signed Teddy Sheringham, because the wages were far too much (Football manager has him on £5k a week, although how accurate football manager is in terms of wages im not sure) for Colchester to afford, one of the directors was paying Teddy's wages out of his own pocket.

If Rudi does have a win bonus (as wages will be paid regardless if he plays or not) then IMO one of the directors (or all) should pay this bonus and allow arguably our most creative midfielder to play week in week out.

Speculate to accumulate. If we dont win when he plays we have not lost out financially. If he plays and we win, then this may entice some of the fans to come back (success breeds the feel good factor) which in itself would generate more money to contribute toward paying this alleged win bonus!

The problem is here that allegedly it is his appearance money that is the issue not the win bonus that is totally different. He might also have a goal bonus too?

Excellent idea. Could the same director be persuaded to pay my mortgage as well?

Seeing as we haven't won for about a month, I can't see it costing us any extra money if we play him! I can't help but feel a win bonus is a tad unfair on the players at the moment, a bit like offering them a bonus if we end up in a "play off spot" - so far removed from reality that it more than likely doesn't cross their mind. We need to set our targets to a realistic level and reward accordingly if these targets are met. Give the players targets that they could possible achieve. Start off with entering the correct changing room, putting the right numbered shirt on, warming up at the right end, winning the toss (although that is purely down to guesswork and luck). As for the match itself, gradually build up to achievable but often testing targets, like keeping possession for more than one pass from the kick off, or finding your own player from a throw in, understanding the concept of panic defending when "multi-ball" is in operation. Should we be attacking and thinking of having a shot, perhaps we should have a "shots on target" bonus , or even "not on target but worth the effort" bonus. All these things are achievable and if met could lead onto bigger and better things - maybe dare I say it "a win" one day!

Can we get some perspective please. We are talking about Rudi Skacel probably one of the clubs most expensive failures in terms of transfer fee and wages. In my opinion he has returned a number of decent of performances that I can count on the fingers of one hand.

The last thing this team needs is an expensive non-trier in its ranks and frankly BWP has looked more lively playing at LM than Skacel and although Surman has struggled at LB he is clearly a better option than Skacel who was supposed to be able to play in that position and was always being skinned down our left wing and around our box.

Skacel failed with a supposedly superior (?) team and managers around him what makes you think he now has the profile to be a saviour? Surely, he failed to be a saviour for us by refusing an opportunity to go to Ipswich on less money but with a better opportunity to play more football. IMO that says more about his motivation to contribute to this club more than anything else.

If he stays he should rot in the reserves and released from his contract. By then Ipswich and clubs like them won't offer him £600pw let alone £6k and how much do we pay him? IMO he have a case for legal action against him for not performing in accordance with his contract or perhaps targetting those who signed him under such exhorbitant terms for negligence. Don't get me started on Euell's terms if he is on the alledgeded contract of 18k pw. Jerks one and all, so lets get behind the current team and coaching staff and stop bemoaning about a player who had two years to prove his ability and didn't.

... A "Win" Bonus ?????

No worries there then ....... play him

Can we get some perspective please. We are talking about Rudi Skacel probably one of the clubs most expensive failures in terms of transfer fee and wages. In my opinion he has returned a number of decent of performances that I can count on the fingers of one hand.

The last thing this team needs is an expensive non-trier in its ranks and frankly BWP has looked more lively playing at LM than Skacel and although Surman has struggled at LB he is clearly a better option than Skacel who was supposed to be able to play in that position and was always being skinned down our left wing and around our box.

Skacel failed with a supposedly superior (?) team and managers around him what makes you think he now has the profile to be a saviour? Surely, he failed to be a saviour for us by refusing an opportunity to go to Ipswich on less money but with a better opportunity to play more football. IMO that says more about his motivation to contribute to this club more than anything else.

If he stays he should rot in the reserves and released from his contract. By then Ipswich and clubs like them won't offer him £600pw let alone £6k and how much do we pay him? IMO he have a case for legal action against him for not performing in accordance with his contract or perhaps targetting those who signed him under such exhorbitant terms for negligence. Don't get me started on Euell's terms if he is on the alledgeded contract of 18k pw. Jerks one and all, so lets get behind the current team and coaching staff and stop bemoaning about a player who had two years to prove his ability and didn't.

I can almost imagine Lowe saying all that...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Skacel failed with a supposedly superior (?) team and managers around him what makes you think he now has the profile to be a saviour?

He was good enough to play for Hertha Berlin last season, a club who are an awful lot better than us.

Just another example of us failing to get the most out of players.

Morning Rupert, how are you today?

Ps, are you now conceding that Pearson was a better manager than JP??

Surely a good manager would motivate him and get the best out of him?

So we are now going to sue players who do not play well!! We all know Rupert's love for litigation and his endless stream of novel ideas but even by Rupert's standards the stupidity of this comment takes your breath away.

Sundunce wants to get behind the team but then decides that any player who does not perform the way that he wants gets sued!! Hmmmm. He wants everyone to get behind the team ... but presumably not those who he considers to be a jerk. What happens if Euell or Scacel play in the first team. Should they be supported or are they jerks?

I have a radical idea. If you are going to pay players like Scacel and Euell, why not play them when they are fit?? Stern John was one of the top scorers in the League last season. We are paying him so ... why not play him????? Who knows we might even start to win some matches!!