Reading friendly at St Mary's - 31st July 2010

Matthew Le God

You chill mongtard.

You might not need to know but some other people prefer to have the tickets paid off in March/April time for whatever reason.

I do have a lot of patiance but SRS is taking the complete pees here why is he on here if all he can do is moan ask stupid questions when he knows they will be answered as soon as the powers that be can supply them. even Alpine has given up for the pre season or is he supporting Austria in the WC (did they make it?)

Sorry Alpine but you did spend a lot of last season moaning about nothing in particular.

Philipine saint

Now back home.

Stooey, with your views, on women, football hooliganism and the like do you ever feel you were born 4 decades after your time?

btw, how's you incontinence problem? You haven't posted about it on here for a while so assumed you have sorted it now?

4 decades, hah, and some! He might have sorted out the incontinence but not the frothing at the mouth and the rocking back and forwards.

Look, people who struggle to find £400 (and I know quite a number) don't generally want to pay before they have to. Connected with the real world, my arse.

4 decades, hah, and some! He might have sorted out the incontinence but not the frothing at the mouth and the rocking back and forwards.

Look, people who struggle to find £400 (and I know quite a number) don't generally want to pay before they have to. Connected with the real world, my arse.

You are that annoying gimp who was stood behind me at Gillingham shouting " cammmm onnnnnn yoooooooo supppppper saaaaaaaints " every 2 minutes with 2 other women, weren't you?

Yes, I appreciate that if the club doesn't offer a felixible payment plan that will affect lots of people but I don't see anything to suggest they will shorten the payment period, it may just slip back through the calendar a bit. Of course if the price goes up alot or flexibility around payment is lost then it will be a barrier to some people.

Those aren't the reasons I was given when I asked the question before though. The reason I was given was "I'll spend it on something else"! :)

But as I say, the longer they drag out not releasing details, the less flexibility there is for all concerned. What do you think would be an acceptable timescale for releasing details? A week before the season starts? The club has been a touch "frustrating" with its communication to supporters of late.

Probably not worth arguing about anyway, as I'm sure they'll release details soon.........

You are that annoying gimp who was stood behind me at Gillingham shouting " cammmm onnnnnn yoooooooo supppppper saaaaaaaints " every 2 minutes with 2 other women, weren't you?

No, I think that was the last day I went skiing this year, but if I'd been there and knew it was you that I was annoying it would quite have made my day.

Now lets make two true sentences using the noun c**t and the two verbs to have and to be and apply them to you and me. That will give you my opinion of you.

Thank you.

Edited by suewhistle
grammar

Well then, another chance to get the better of this lot like we did twice the season before last.

The atmosphere from us will have to be good- because their fans are terrible.

On the price issue- would have been nice to see all kids free (under 16's or 18's) and maybe maximum £10 for adults.

I think we'll beat them with a strong squad together.

Er... start putting the installment money away in March each month as you have done every year till now... not really that hard to grasp is it? Its called saving for something you want.... most of us have families' date='kids, mortgages so hve to make sacrfices on several fronts if you want your ST...[/quote']

Your still missing the point!

Even if people did this so that they had the months they wanted to start paying saved away, the club would still if it's an installment customer take the 20% ( which they wouldnt have an issue with, then take the monthly installments ..

Stop being so rightious if you can save up fine.. some can't & why is it bothering you they choose to then voice that they want this process speeded up? we all do!!

Your still missing the point!

Even if people did this so that they had the months they wanted to start paying saved away, the club would still if it's an installment customer take the 20% ( which they wouldnt have an issue with, then take the monthly installments ..

Stop being so rightious if you can save up fine.. some can't & why is it bothering you they choose to then voice that they want this process speeded up? we all do!!

We are one of the last 2 clubs in out of 70 teams to announce season ticket prices.

The club will pay the price though because they will sell less season tickets because of it. 68 out of 70 teams have early bird offers in March/April for a reason... because it sells many more season tickets ( as well as being more customer friendly )

No, I think that was the last day I went skiing this year, but if I'd been there and knew it was you that I was annoying it would quite have made my day.

Now lets make two true sentences using the noun c**t and the two verbs to have and to be and apply them to you and me. That will give you my opinion of you.

Thank you.

Haven't you got the ironing to do now that Loose Women has finished?

Stooey, with your views, on women, football hooliganism and the like do you ever feel you were born 4 decades after your time?

btw, how's you incontinence problem? You haven't posted about it on here for a while so assumed you have sorted it now?

His real name is Gene Hunt.

Umm ??? Reading Vs Saints thread ?? We have sort of gone off topic here.

Not a bad game really to sink our teeth into, TBF, they are a decent football playing side and have gelled well in the second half of the season.

Would be a pretty good test IMO.

Agree though, £12 is a bit pricey and i agree, early bird ST's should get friendlies free

Won't happen. Reading command a friendly 'fee' which will be a proportion of the almost non-existant gate reciepts they will make.

Yeah, fair point, would have been a good idea though, we will never fill a game like this.

£12 is a bit steep, and £15 on the day is f*cking verticle.

We are one of the last 2 clubs in out of 70 teams to announce season ticket prices.

The club will pay the price though because they will sell less season tickets because of it. 68 out of 70 teams have early bird offers in March/April for a reason... because it sells many more season tickets ( as well as being more customer friendly )

oi i was actually agreeing for varrious reason's it better to get my st earlier than later lol but still I dont think they will lose any .. if we get to sign any shock players or a big name of any sort comes in they will increase. I think there MUST be a reason they are delayed tho

Haven't you got the ironing to do now that Loose Women has finished?

Nah, you've got me so wrong. The only iron I use is the one for waxing my skis and I don't even own a telly. Mind you, i did just remember to get my footie boots out as they need a good end of season clean.

Nah, you've got me so wrong. The only iron I use is the one for waxing my skis and I don't even own a telly. Mind you, i did just remember to get my footie boots out as they need a good end of season clean.

Thought for a sec you was going to say you got them out to KICK him with lol

£12 or £15 on the day.

They can get f**cked if they think i'm going to pay that for a friendly.

:D

The same moans every year.

Pretty much every friendly at St Mary's has been around that price. For those complaining about the rise on matchday to £15, just buy a ticket before the day for £12. The rise on the day is for a number of reasons which shouldn't take a genius to work out what they are.

:D

The same moans every year.

Pretty much every friendly at St Mary's has been around that price. For those complaining about the rise on matchday to £15, just buy a ticket before the day for £12. The rise on the day is for a number of reasons which shouldn't take a genius to work out what they are.

Profiteering?

£12 to see the new look team take on a pretty good CCC promotion candidate side? Not bad really considering what you have to pay to go to the cinema nowadays (for example). It will be good to see whether the squad is anywhere near capable of taking on the CCC - if not, then there's still time to patch a few things up as necessary.

Not a chance I'll pay 12/15 quid for a friendly against Reading, what a joke.

I don't mind paying a tenner when we go to places like Eastleigh, Totton and Salisbury because you know they really need the money and the money from that game will make a difference. When you're spending £400 odd quid on a season ticket, friendlies should be thrown in free.

I think I will just stick to all the away friendlies this pre season.

And how do they cover costs if they do that?

I really couldn't give a ****.

I'm sure they make enough money out of season ticket holders to lose a few quid on a meaningless friendly, keeping the core fanbase happy which should be their number one priority.

Only you could defend paying 12/15 quid for a friendly btw, so very boring.

I really couldn't give a ****.

I'm sure they make enough money out of season ticket holders to lose a few quid on a meaningless friendly, keeping the core fanbase happy which should be their number one priority.

Only you could defend paying 12/15 quid for a friendly btw, so very boring.

Well I'm happy to pay £12. :)

Also is good for families with accompanied children under 14 getting in for FREE.

Oh how I wish I was like you.

You stuck up ignorant bint.

Can you not get it through your head than £400 is alot of money to some people? ( not me I might add, but I live in the real world an know it is to alot of people )

Anyway, you're a woman, you shouldn't even be at football.

Just thought of your new nickname StuMisogynySaint.

Hope that helps? ;)

So £12 has priced Stu and Dune out. Result before a ball has been kicked.

It is the principle not the actual affordability.

£400 is nothing to Stuey. Even though he won't be able to afford it if the installments don't finish by December and he's getting a lob on that this post is about him.

Like I said, i'll keep my money for the aways and probably the Ted Bates game if it's a decent European side.

, would be nice to get a couple more local League two games.

I think we will have to wait a couple of years until Pompey are there

Let's face it... if we are playing a higher profile friendly against someone else the week before or after there is nob-all chance of me going to this.

Apologies to anyone who was waiting to hear whether I was going or not before making their minds up.

How can season ticket details be announced in March when you don't know what league you are in?

You mean like every other season that the prices have come out in March? How many teams know what division they will be in, in March and how many get their tickets on sale anyway? a) Lots of them.

You mean like every other season that the prices have come out in March? How many teams know what division they will be in, in March and how many get their tickets on sale anyway? a) Lots of them.

In March we had a chance of making the playoffs. We weren't going to announce season ticket details. I do think they are taking their time over it now though!

Let's face it... if we are playing a higher profile friendly against someone else the week before or after there is nob-all chance of me going to this.

Apologies to anyone who was waiting to hear whether I was going or not before making their minds up.

Hmm,

Now i am stuck

Umm ??? Reading Vs Saints thread ?? We have sort of gone off topic here.

Not a bad game really to sink our teeth into, TBF, they are a decent football playing side and have gelled well in the second half of the season.

Would be a pretty good test IMO.

Agree though, £12 is a bit pricey and i agree, early bird ST's should get friendlies free

I think Reading are about the perfect pre-season foes. An upper midtable championship side is about the level we need to be at to be assured of promotion next season. Should be an important game in judging how well placed we are - far more useful that say a match against Barcelona would be. The QPR match last year was an important and accurate gauge of where we were at the start of th season (up **** creek - thankfully we had a paddle but it took a while).

12 quid = 4 pints (give or take) = 1 post work trip to the pub (a short trip at that). Is it really that much to ask?

I think it's pretty good value for someone with two or more U14 children, and these are the fans who we need to get for the future, so no real issues with the pricing.

For anyone else I can't imagine they'll be too bothered about this game, I'd stay in the pub and have another four pints to be honest...