Doncaster Rovers V Saints,Predictions.

saint lard

This could go one of two ways,Saints players are really up for it to make up for the tripe that they have served up, most recently against Rotherham,or,we will capitulate once more as we have nothing else to give either tactically or ability wise.

Reference the display i think there will be a substantial improvement,surely we cannot regress further,but i don't think we will have enough about us to get a result.I would take a draw now,just to reinstill a little belief in the playing squad.All IMO.

Happy to take a point at Donny? never thought i would say/type that statement a few years ago.

2-1 to Doncaster,please god, i hope i'm wrong.

Prove me wrong Saints,give us all the lift and hope we require at this pretty dismal period.

We'll win 2-1.

With everyone predicting we'll lose and doubting whether we can compete in this division, expect to see 3 points coming our way.

It may not be the best of performances, but players, manager and fans alike would take any kind of win right about now.

This win will then be followed by people claiming we are actually really good and could still make the playoffs.

You got to love football! :p

My first game last season we lost 5-1 to Preston. My girlfriends first ever Saints game last season we lost 5-0 to Hull. This is our first game of the season and my mate's bringing his girlfriend for her first ever game. The odds are stacked against anything other than a trouncing I'm afraid.

Well like last season in my predictions i have been kind to us, i said we would win 0-4 against Rotheram. Thus i will be wrong with this one too!

However we and Doncaster look very similar. We both have let in goals, we both have lost a lot of games and we both beat Derby away. I have to be honest here and say i think Doncaster will be going down this year. The question is who is going with them? If we play like tues then we deserve to. The worst case scenario is that they win as do Palace and Derby because that would mean we would already be 3 points adrift. Then we go into playing hard games against Norwich/Coventry/Watford/Sheff Utd. Of those 4 games i cant see us getting anything at all in honesty. So we must beat teams around us to stand a chance of stopping a gap opening. So i think the players will be up for this one, they have to be.

0-2 Saints win

I think it's about time we got some of our games fixed.

How about our first 0-6 of the season?

Anyone know anyone who can make it happen? I'm afraid my contacts with the underworld are rather sparse.

As any Trekkie (not that I am one you understand...!) will tell you the only person who can

'make it so' is Captain Jean-Luc Picard. A line that he oft used; "Make it so!" Picard's common utterance to crew to execute an order; various episodes.

But I fear we are clutching at straws - not only that, I think we have become the leagues 'soft touch' and can't see anything other than a home win - by how many, after Portsmuffs trouncing the other day - who cares...!!! ;)

This could go one of two ways,Saints players are really up for it to make up for the tripe that they have served up, most recently against Rotherham,or,we will capitulate once more as we have nothing else to give either tactically or ability wise.

Reference the display i think there will be a substantial improvement,surely we cannot regress further,but i don't think we will have enough about us to get a result.I would take a draw now,just to reinstill a little belief in the playing squad.All IMO.

Happy to take a point at Donny? never thought i would say/type that statement a few years ago.

2-1 to Doncaster,please god, i hope i'm wrong.

Prove me wrong Saints,give us all the lift and hope we require at this pretty dismal period.

Doncaster 4 Southampton 0 ........ but I can't wait for the latest useless excuses by Jan Poortvliet

PS Before all the Krap about me not being a Fan, just wait until the final whistle before you start throwing spears

Doncaster 3-0 Saints......Saints won't be "up for it".........they allegedly were up for it on Tuesday according to the OS patsy.......I fear this slope is more slippery than previous ones!!...........could be wrong, but if they win, will it be another false dawn?........think I know the answer!!

The OS makes a point of the fact we haven't played Doncaster since 1959. Don't worry another relegation and we'll be playing teams we haven't played since 1939!! :D

For what its worth I think it will be a 1-1 draw.

PS: Look out for someone on Meridian Tonight or South Today saying something along the lines of, "Southampton travel to Doncaster tomorrow a team they haven't beaten for 50 years." Failing to mention the fact we haven't played them for 50 years ffs! They do it every-time one of these fixtures comes up!

We played brilliant football,but were outdone by a determined Doncaster side who on the counter attack scored their lucky seven goals against us,even though we were unlucky when we had a shot against them, when McGoldric hit the ball against the corner post.

Jan is confident about the next game and is already in the process of picking some random player to state his confidence about winning the following match.

We played brilliant football,but were outdone by a determined Doncaster side who on the counter attack scored their lucky seven goals against us,even though we were unlucky when we had a shot against them, when McGoldric hit the ball against the corner post.

Jan is confident about the next game and is already in the process of picking some random player to state his confidence about winning the following match.

You forget we had all the possesion and had far more shots then they did (i think Lowe must be working for Opta stats on the other 5 days he has off).

This game could go one of 3 ways....

we could win, we could draw or we could lose......

i wouldn't like to hazard a guess at which one it will be come 5.50pm 2moro...

HTH

(actually, i'm gonna go for a 3-1 loss for us)......optimism isn't in abundance at my house at the moment, sorry......

This game could go one of 3 ways....

we could win, we could draw or we could lose......

i wouldn't like to hazard a guess at which one it will be come 5.50pm 2moro...

HTH

(actually, i'm gonna go for a 3-1 loss for us)......optimism isn't in abundance at my house at the moment, sorry......

That'll be the gin kicking in...