New Saints Trust Vice-Chairman

StuRomseySaint

The Echo did actually run a double page spread on it prior to NC's comments; one page with an interview with SISA chairman (Mick O'Callaghan I think) and one with "Saints Trust chairman" Nick Illingsworth. The SISA guy came out largely in favour of AP and said it would be madness to sack him (perhaps a rare semblance of sense from SISA at last), whereas Illingsworth was more constrained and suggested that AP had had an "OK" season.

There's two sides to it. Firstly, neither said that they were speaking on behalf of their (defunct) organisations and only expressed personal views. However, when it's knowingly dressed up that the paper are speaking to you only because of the your title, its disingenuous at best to not point out that your organisation doesn't actually exist any more. Its even worse to continue to prattle on quite happily giving quote after quote living under the banner of a dead organisation, just to carry on getting your ridiculous fix of publicity.

I've said before, the Echo are complicit in this and it is either poor or lazy journalism that they don't clarify the situation, or actually find someone worthwhile to interview. But the ultimate fault lies with Illingsworth et al and their pathetic need for attention and to be seen as some form of uber-fan.

I have sent an email to the Echo again as follows...

Dear Sir/Madam

For the last few years I have looked on as on an almost daily basis you obtain quotes from members of the Saints Trust.

I am still uncertain as to why you obtain these quotes as the organisation does not exist. I did contact you just to be told “ actually they do exist “, so I thought it my duty to respond and show you actually they DON’T exist.

According to the Saints Trust news archives Jason McFeat was elected as vice-Chairman in August 2008 along with several other people, the last ‘activity’ by the Saints Trust was also at this time when they organised a ‘race night’ at Encore in Southampton back in 2008.

The last AGM according to their news archive was in July 2008 ( although in their news archive all I can find is a provisional date and no results of the AGM or venue which leads me to assume that it never actually happened ) . Before then the last AGM or members meeting was in 2006, on the inception of the Saints Trust.

So there has been no activity since 2008, during this time Southampton FC has changed from a PLC into a Ltd Company, so the role of a Saints Trust is now void as there are no shares held by the Trust. What happened to the revenue and funds from the Trust? Where has the money gone and what has happened to the shares of the Trust? This has not been communicated to members.

How much was raised from the Saints Trust ‘Saints Aid’ gig? As someone who donated, I expected a number at the very least to be published by the organisation.

There has been no communication with their members for almost 2 years... yet The Daily Echo insist on publishing articles written or quoted by ‘Saints Trust’ board members.

Could I ask that if you insist that Saints Trust is indeed an organisation which exists, that you investigate and report the following...

• Why the Saints Trust has not contacted it’s members in almost 2 years?

• What has happened to the shares which each Saints Trust member owned?

• What has happened to the money in the accounts of Saints Trust?

• Why has there been no AGM for at least 2 years, probably 4 in reality as there is no news on the supposed AGM in 2008

• They claim to have 838 members. Is this REALLY true? Can they provide proof of 838 members who have OPTED IN during the last 12 months?

• Saints Aid – How much did it raise? As someone who donated, I have not received any news about this either, which is disappointing.

If you are going to insist using the Saints Trust as a tool to justify certain persons existence or to add substance to their quotes, then can I suggest you investigate the legalities of such an organisation.

I would appreciate a response to this email and not simply passed off to your junk mail folder.

Kind regards

StuRomseySaint

You could ask the same about SISA too; a supporters organisation which, it seems, is impossible to join (not that you'd actually WANT to stand alongside that bunch of imbeciles anyway).

You could indeed. But the difference is SISA have none of Saints supporters money, nor are they hiding the accounts from charity fundraisers, in which money was collected from Saints fans in good faith.

I am sure many of their board has seen threads like this on here, it's not hard for them to release a quick statement about funds and finances of their charity and Trust events and then turn the light off the website.

And yes, before Rebel of Fos comment, I have every right to question where my money went from Saints Aid collections, regardless whether I am a Trust member or not.

Where is the quote from Illingsworth that basically states that the 838 (lol) Trust members are members for life?

I requested that I be taken off that number but it seems I have no choice but to be one of Nicks minions for life.