ECHO reporting!

djharvey

Area you for real! You only have to have read some of the stories written!

There has been no proof of these stories coming out of St Marys!

Attacks a lot of people! You are joking, and to say it doesn't answer many questions is plain ridiculous.

It answered the main question of Who is talking sh*t. Answer The local press!

Your comments are completely over the top and bias. Every single paper in the UK prints rumours. If you want facts only read an encyclopedia. God almighty if you support Cortese that much and believe every single thing he says you are - to be blunt daft.

People buy papers that major on sport for the rumours and hearsay - that's what I and millions of others buy the papers for.

Stop defending Cortese on this - he is very capable of looking after himself and making a mess of it! If you want sensored press go to North Korea.

The witch hunt on the Echo is misguided - get over it!

Your comments are completely over the top and bias. Every single paper in the UK prints rumours. If you want facts only read an encyclopedia. God almighty if you support Cortese that much and believe every single thing he says you are - to be blunt daft.

People buy papers that major on sport for the rumours and hearsay - that's what I and millions of others buy the papers for.

Stop defending Cortese on this - he is very capable of looking after himself and making a mess of it! If you want sensored press go to North Korea.

The issue with the Echo from my point of view is since they got in trouble with Cortese about the training ground, they appear to have developed an agenda against him.

I don't want a censored or biased press but I do want one without an agenda when it comes to reporting sport in a provincial paper.

The Echo and the club have a broken relationship which is clear to most, and should be repaired.

It's best for the paper, the club and the fans when everyone plays nicely together.

The issue with the Echo from my point of view is since they got in trouble with Cortese about the training ground, they appear to have developed an agenda against him.

I don't want a censored or biased press but I do want one without an agenda when it comes to reporting sport in a provincial paper.

The Echo and the club have a broken relationship which is clear to most, and should be repaired.

It's best for the paper, the club and the fans when everyone plays nicely together.

So have a few posters on here. He has had his chance apparently and is becoming something of a meglamaniac.

POT & KETTLE! :rolleyes:

Totally agree! :)

The Echo will print Saints stories regardless of what Cortese does, if the club cut off communications then the Echo will just print more rumour and speculation. A good relationship is helpfull for both parties.

I would rather have a local paper that was free to print what it wants than have one that's just a mouth piece for the club.

100%

I can barely believe the Echo have published the rumour about the £125 season ticket, which is so clearly never going to happen. Why would you print that?

All it's going to do is **** people off when they find out it's not true.

I can barely believe the Echo have published the rumour about the £125 season ticket, which is so clearly never going to happen. Why would you print that?

Why not? They've got to write about something, given that there's no news at all right now.

Top story on the OS is how Lee Barnard will be watching the world cup. Wow. :lol:

"CUT COSTS AND WE'LL FILL ST. MARY'S SAYS FANS' CHIEF" screams the Echo headline.

And who is this "Fans' chief"? Perry McMillan. Who apparently is now from the Southampton Independent Supporters Trust.

I'm getting sick of these gobsh1te nobodies hiding behind a meaningless and defunct organisation just to get their pathetic regular fix of publicity. I'm sick to the back teeth of sad numpties like Illingsworth and McMillan regularly appearing in the media claiming to speak for the fans. As a fan I really don't need a complete crackpot to verbalise what I'm thinking. And our new pal Jason McFeat now seems fully intent on crashing the party of idiots, clarifying his views as those of The Saints trust.

I could just about abide these morons if the views they offered were solely their own personal views, and clarified as such. But when they hide behind a false title and claim to speak for a large cross-section of the fans, there becomes a big problem.

Choice quotes from today's article:

Perry McMillan:

"Football fans connect with the club by going to support the team. That's the connection we are looking for from the owner and chairman to make here."

Jason McFeat

"From a Trust point of view, we hope season tickets remain the same price. If they keep them at the same price then the fans will buy them."

Now, McFeat in particular. Did he canvass the Saints Trust membership to get a common consensus on this? I very much doubt it.

These people really need to find something else to do other than their sad fixation on seeing their name in print. And the Echo needs to get off their lazy arses, realise these empty shirts are a complete sham, and find a much better way of articulating the views of the fans without resorting to the lowest common denominator each time.

Why not? They've got to write about something, given that there's no news at all right now.

Top story on the OS is how Lee Barnard will be watching the world cup. Wow. :lol:

If I was to phone the Echo and say...

"I've heard a rumour that the whole of Southampton is going to be ripped up and turned into a massive massive cheese factory"

...would you expect them to print it? No. You would expect them to dismiss it as rubbish.

I would have expected the same with this gossip.

Trouble is the Echo pretend it's news and take money for it! No wonder circulation is apparently falling.

Well surely it is news that the season ticket prices have not been released and there is speculation that the price could be £125

The season ticket prices have not been released = News

There is speculation that the price could be £125 = bullsh*t

I buy the Echo for reasons other than the sports pages, but really, this idea that the Echo's editors and journalists are all children of the devil peddling nothing but rumour and agenda-driven sh*t stirring against the club is drivel.

90% of all posts on this very forum are opinion, reported rumour, supposition, or attention-seeking nonsense. Pot & Kettle, methinks. Nothing I've read in the Echo is anything a grown up should get all het up over.

To make an issue over the Echo while still reading The Sun, Mirror, Express, Mail, Star, News of the Screws, People or any other rag in this country attempting to pass itself off as a newspaper is plain daft. It's like watching X Factor or Americal Idol every effing night while complaining about the state of current pop music. I G N O R E I T. Simples.