Where do you want the pre-season tour to be?

Red Alert

Why not Ireland?! Just like the good ol days...

Just about to say Ireland :)

otherwise Germany/Austria. easy to get to and with links to Marcus (didn't Marcus once have something to do with a team in Austria?)

also, you have to remember "the cloud" it might not be a good idea to go to far away.

Somewhere cheap and easy to get to would be nice.

France or Ireland would be perfect.

If were going on tour would be nice to know soon, to book time off from work, flights etc.

Exeter, Wycombe & Brentford. And maybe Bournemouth, Notts County & Dagenham & Redbridge as well.

HTH

If we don't go abroad on pre-season then I will be massively f*cked off, as I have been emailing the club for the last 3 months trying to get even just a country and dates of the games, and linking to this forum etc making them aware that people are holding off their holiday plans to find out where the tour is.

If we weren't going abroad then a simple statement would have been fair enough.

Edited by StuRomseySaint

Exeter, Wycombe & Brentford. And maybe Bournemouth, Notts County & Dagenham & Redbridge as well.

HTH

Four of those will be in are league next year, so the chances of us playing them in pre season are slim.

HTH

If we don't go abroad on pre-season then I will be massively f*cked off, as I have been emailing the club for the last 3 months trying to get even just a country and dates of the games, and linking to this forum etc making them aware that people are holding off their holiday plans to find out where the tour is.

The one's i have done before, Feyenoord away in 2001 was announced week before end of the season as i remember discussing it as the Arsenal or Brighton games at the Dell, the Norway and Sweden ones I recall were also confirmed around the time of the last game.

If we do go abroad it will be to play some village teams though, i can't see any top flight Italian/German teams wanting to play a 3rd division side.

This has got to be the best pre-season tournament, in 1993 somewhere near the Alps

Played in Saint Vincent and Aosta

6- 8 Juventus 3-1 Southampton

[Di Canio 63, R.Baggio 83, Möller 85; Maddison 35]

6- 8 Torino 1-0 Cagliari

[silenzi]

7- 8 Torino 1-0 Southampton

[Poggi 86]

7- 8 Juventus 4-1 Cagliari

[Vialli 6, 33, Ravanelli 89, R.Baggio 90; Dely Valdes 43]

1.Juventus 2 2 0 0 7- 2 6

2.Torino 2 2 0 0 2- 0 6

3.Southampton 2 0 0 2 1- 4 0

4.Cagliari 2 0 0 2 1- 5 0

The one's i have done before, Feyenoord away in 2001 was announced week before end of the season as i remember discussing it as the Arsenal or Brighton games at the Dell, the Norway and Sweden ones I recall were also confirmed around the time of the last game.

If we do go abroad it will be to play some village teams though, i can't see any top flight Italian/German teams wanting to play a 3rd division side.

This has got to be the best pre-season tournament, in 1993 somewhere near the Alps

Played in Saint Vincent and Aosta

6- 8 Juventus 3-1 Southampton

[Di Canio 63, R.Baggio 83, Möller 85; Maddison 35]

6- 8 Torino 1-0 Cagliari

[silenzi]

7- 8 Torino 1-0 Southampton

[Poggi 86]

7- 8 Juventus 4-1 Cagliari

[Vialli 6, 33, Ravanelli 89, R.Baggio 90; Dely Valdes 43]

1.Juventus 2 2 0 0 7- 2 6

2.Torino 2 2 0 0 2- 0 6

3.Southampton 2 0 0 2 1- 4 0

4.Cagliari 2 0 0 2 1- 5 0

I was among the 10 or so Saints fans at those games, the Club never let on where the games were to be played, fearing crowd trouble, but via a contact in Italy we managed to find out all the details.

We had a great time in the Aosta Valley in North West Italy, including visiting the Italian side of the Matterhorn and mingling with the Saints players and directors in St Vincent.

It was amazing when we took the lead aginst Juve but they were far too good for us which is not surprising given the players they had in their side that day.

If we weren't going abroad then a simple statement would have been fair enough.

Blimey Stu I bet they love people like you who moan about the beer, manager, tactics, badge, coach prices, shirt, season tickets and now the pre season tour.

Why not write to them about something you are happy with to balance it out?

Blimey Stu I bet they love people like you who moan about the beer, manager, tactics, badge, coach prices, shirt, season tickets and now the pre season tour.

Why not write to them about something you are happy with to balance it out?

To be fair it is all 5hit.

I was among the 10 or so Saints fans at those games, the Club never let on where the games were to be played, fearing crowd trouble, but via a contact in Italy we managed to find out all the details.

We had a great time in the Aosta Valley in North West Italy, including visiting the Italian side of the Matterhorn and mingling with the Saints players and directors in St Vincent.

It was amazing when we took the lead aginst Juve but they were far too good for us which is not surprising given the players they had in their side that day.

Must have been a quality trip mate, beautiful area, staying in some random small towns, just looking at Juve's goalscoreres, R. Baggio, Di Canio and Moller, not really surprising we lost as you say, we had Neil Maddison and Glenn ****erill in midfield!!

would love a trip like that now.

With the Cortese connection you never know, a double header against Pisa and Fiorentina would be good!!

Switzerland would by my choice. Geneva, Lausanne, Basel, Zurich. Lovely. Meet up with some mates in Geneva, Saints vs Servette as a warm up then Lausanne Sports before meeting FC Basel and Grasshoppers or FC Zurich.

Or maybe Nyon as well, lovely town and home of UEFA.

Edited by GenevaSaint

Italy would be good. I'm at Lake Garda for a sailing competition in the last week of July and am planning to mung around various parts of Italy until the end of August.

I went to the Amafi coast last summer, absolutely stunning. Stayed just outside Sorrento and did a bus trip down the coast to Positano & Amalfi, breathtaking.

We had a great time in the Aosta Valley in North West Italy, including visiting the Italian side of the Matterhorn and mingling with the Saints players and directors in St Vincent..

If it's here again, don't worry, I'd know! I've played on both of the pitches that were probably used, and certainly useful for preparation for L1. The St Vincent one is probably worse, although they might have relaid it since the last major match there - a touring international rugby side! Great area for a holiday, although I'll almost certainly be visiting the UK during pre-season.

Austria

Any Saints fans out there?

image.php?u=853&dateline=1258816469 alpine_saint user_offline.gif

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gingeletiss viewpost.gif

Apart from me and my kids ? Probably not.

We were the only ones in red-and-white when they did a short training camp over here in summer 2004 just before Sturrock got sacked and they played Blau-Weiß Linz.

Was quite an uncomfortable experience. At least Claus and Antii came and said hello...

quote.gif

Wooooooooooooooooosshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gingeletiss

Italy would be good. I'm at Lake Garda for a sailing competition in the last week of July and am planning to mung around various parts of Italy until the end of August.

Lake Garda would suit me down to the ground - could combine my normal annual holiday destination with pre-season games - everyones a winner...!

Apart from me and my kids ? Probably not.

We were the only ones in red-and-white when they did a short training camp over here in summer 2004 just before Sturrock got sacked and they played Blau-Weiß Linz.

Was quite an uncomfortable experience. At least Claus and Antii came and said hello...

Allsvenskan and Superettan are amateur leagues also imo. A trip to Sweden would be a good vacation for the players, but the teams here are frankly to weak.

The level of play is quite low but they're well trained and in the middle of their season which is an advantage if you want to get a proper training match. Besides, an Allsvenskan team is not that different from your average League One opponent.

Lake Garda would suit me down to the ground - could combine my normal annual holiday destination with pre-season games - everyones a winner...!

A nice tour around the Veneto and the Po Valley. Lots of teams from Serie C to Serie A. Parma, Modena, SPAL, Cremona, Verona... Bologna, why the hell not? Then a serious starvation diet afterwards to work off all the pasta and cheese...

A nice tour around the Veneto and the Po Valley. Lots of teams from Serie C to Serie A. Parma, Modena, SPAL, Cremona, Verona... Bologna, why the hell not? Then a serious starvation diet afterwards to work off all the pasta and cheese...

Burnley palyed a couple of games near Lake Garda two or three pre-seasons ago when I was on holiday. They played their games at Bordolino just south of Garda.

I saw a few of their fans whilst out on a day trip on boat to Sirmione and later managed to meet up with a Burnley supporting mate who was over there for the games.

Great location for pre-season tour IMO, although can be very hot end of July.

Burnley palyed a couple of games near Lake Garda two or three pre-seasons ago when I was on holiday. They played their games at Bordolino just south of Garda.

I saw a few of their fans whilst out on a day trip on boat to Sirmione and later managed to meet up with a Burnley supporting mate who was over there for the games.

Great location for pre-season tour IMO, although can be very hot end of July.

That would have been BArdolino, like the wine, talking of which it would be good for some winery visits. You've got Bardolino with their red, but the rose Chiaretto can be very refreshing, there's Bianco di Custozza and at the bottom of the lake Lugana which I reckon is about the only wine made by the high yielding Trebbiano to be worth drinking. Not far either from Soave and Valpolicella but spend a little more on those two as some of the stuff from the plains is awful.

Er.. where were we, something to do with the red and whites, I think. Definitely a consensus for Northern Italy.

Incidentally, it's not the heat that gets you, it's the humidity. Last season we played a game near Turin at the beginning of June due to winter postponements: I played a half and have never been so drained.

I spoke to one of the players at the weekend who told me that they have told that they are going to Switzerland for pre-season. So there you go - Switzerland it is. Sorry if you wanted Italy, Spain or Scandanavia....but Switzeralnd will be pleasant in the summer, if a tad expensive.

I spoke to one of the players at the weekend who told me that they have told that they are going to Switzerland for pre-season. So there you go - Switzerland it is. Sorry if you wanted Italy, Spain or Scandanavia....but Switzeralnd will be pleasant in the summer, if a tad expensive.

Which player was this?

Depends where they go in Switzerland but as I'm right on the border it might be possible to make a day trip of it. Food and drink isn't bad value apart from in the top places. If you find out any more details of where and when can you let me know by PM: I don't need to know who told you! Ta.

That would have been BArdolino, like the wine, talking of which it would be good for some winery visits. You've got Bardolino with their red, but the rose Chiaretto can be very refreshing, there's Bianco di Custozza and at the bottom of the lake Lugana which I reckon is about the only wine made by the high yielding Trebbiano to be worth drinking. Not far either from Soave and Valpolicella but spend a little more on those two as some of the stuff from the plains is awful.

Er.. where were we, something to do with the red and whites, I think. Definitely a consensus for Northern Italy.

Incidentally, it's not the heat that gets you, it's the humidity. Last season we played a game near Turin at the beginning of June due to winter postponements: I played a half and have never been so drained.

Lugana, mmmmm. occasionally goes on special at the local supermarket.

Lugana, mmmmm. occasionally goes on special at the local supermarket.

Lugana was the wine I drank most of at Lake Garda on the three holidays I'd had in Peschiera on Southern End of Lake. with it's own railway station with regular trains to Verona, Venice, Milan and Brescia.

If the players know, why cant the fans be told? As were the ones that have to book are own flights.

10 of us going out to Switzerland for the England game in September, so not sure if Il do the pre season match.

On a bouncy castle? :-)

I would say I don't care where we have our pre-season tour, as I work shiftwork and wouldn't be able to go anyway, but I am off for three weeks in August and it sounds like a good way to get away from the missus for a while.

To that end, a pre-season tour around the Med would be lovely.

If the players know, why cant the fans be told? As were the ones that have to book are own flights.

10 of us going out to Switzerland for the England game in September, so not sure if Il do the pre season match.

Dan, it was told to me in a passing conversation - I suspect the details have not yet been confirmed and hence the club are unlikely to release details until they have them all.

Depends where they go in Switzerland but as I'm right on the border it might be possible to make a day trip of it. Food and drink isn't bad value apart from in the top places. If you find out any more details of where and when can you let me know by PM: I don't need to know who told you! Ta.

If I hear any more I will PM you.