Police wary of trouble for Bournemouth game

warsash saint

I remember that day. I was travelling up to White Hart lane to see saints take on Spurs and there were loads and loads of Leeds fans on the other side of the motorway heading south. Knew they wouldn't all fit in dean Court and then got back in the evening , stopped at a pub in Brockenhurst and there were laods in there as well, camping up the road !!

I think we lost 2 - 1 to spurs as well?

Leeds fans pretty much took over half of Dorset that Bank Holiday weekend. I was working at Tesco at Tower Park in Poole on the day of the Bournemouth v Leeds game and there were OB in force there that night, worried there would be trouble. All the B & B's in Bournemouth and Poole were full of Leeds.

Leeds fans are such a bunch of idiots, they've ruined the concept of a decent Bank Holiday weekend away game beer-up for a weekend for ever. Apart from the play-offs I guess.

When the game finished at St. Mary's and news filtered through that Bournemouth had beaten Burton Albion to secure promotion to League One, I seem to remember most Saints' fans cheering. I was always under the impression that we quite liked them with a number of Saints' fans keeping an eye out for their results!? This rivalry that people are talking of is pretty much non-existent!

Was that the moment when we all started chanting Que sera sera we're going to The Fitness First Stadium ...... :D

What a bunch of mongs they were when their promotion was assured .... but whilst coming to ours will be their "Cup Final" I guess, it will just be another 3-1 win at the office for us :p