Message from NC - discuss

Tractor_Saint

So you think he is being complimentary to LM who has been involved in running SFC for over thirty years without out the backing of a Billionaire when we were a force in the top flight of English football managing at one time some of the finest footballers in England - World Cup Winners England Captains and a European Footballer of the year

You have just totally misquoted me and failed to answer the question!:rolleyes:

Once again show me exactly where he slagged them off in his statement! quote him!

All I can say is that if he wrote that piece then, once he is finished with football he could walk in into a job as a top political Spin Doctor! Perhaps not an accountant or maths teacher though because he obvioulsy doesn't know how many months make 12. No Nicola, you have not been at this club a year yet.

There are a number of very simple issues here. The media "frenzy" (a couple of stories here and there is hardly a frenzy) only came about becuase of his very lukewarm response to his manager earlier in the season, no well done when he won us the cup and no resposne when the rumours started. He could have ended this stuff in a heartbeat but he chose to let it go on. Why? Why did Pardew feel that his job was not secure? Why did people such as Le Tiss, McMenemy and even Keegan for goodness sakes feel the need to come out and support Pardew in the media?

It is a bit rich for Cortese to kick off about all of this when it was down to him in the first place. He seems to have a bit of the Mourhino about him

Does anyone here really believe that he and Pardew have a warm and fuzzy realtionship? No, of course not.

There is often no smoke without fire. I do wonder whether the huge support for Pardew has swayed Cortese and pushed him into keeping him on.

Still, the main things is that Pardew is staying (for now). We shall have stability and a summer to build further.

I see little difference between Lowe and Cortese except that Cortese has got money to play with (and how much he allows Pardew to spend this summer will be the real litmus test of his intent and trust in his manager). But frankly I don't care to much about his behaviour and his obvious arrogance. If he does deliver Premiership football in 5 years no one will care about his faults. If he desn't though you can bet your life that everyone else will get the blame.

What he needs to remember is that he employed Pardew in the first place. If he is so hacked off that we didn't make the play offs and thinks that Pardew is at fault, perhaps he ought to consider his own judgement call.

What a week, we have two squeeky clean clones running the country and now a slippery Johnny Foreigner has Saints fans eating out of his hand because he is forced into making a statement that should never have been necessary in the first place.

Happy days.

All I can say is that if he wrote that piece then, once he is finished with football he could walk in into a job as a top political Spin Doctor! Perhaps not an accountant or maths teacher though because he obvioulsy doesn't know how many months make 12. No Nicola, you have not been at this club a year yet.

There are a number of very simple issues here. The media "frenzy" (a couple of stories here and there is hardly a frenzy) only came about becuase of his very lukewarm response to his manager earlier in the season, no well done when he won us the cup and no resposne when the rumours started. He could have ended this stuff in a heartbeat but he chose to let it go on. Why? Why did Pardew feel that his job was not secure? Why did people such as Le Tiss, McMenemy and even Keegan for goodness sakes feel the need to come out and support Pardew in the media?

It is a bit rich for Cortese to kick off about all of this when it was down to him in the first place. He seems to have a bit of the Mourhino about him

Does anyone here really believe that he and Pardew have a warm and fuzzy realtionship? No, of course not.

There is often no smoke without fire. I do wonder whether the huge support for Pardew has swayed Cortese and pushed him into keeping him on.

Still, the main things is that Pardew is staying (for now). We shall have stability and a summer to build further.

I see little difference between Lowe and Cortese except that Cortese has got money to play with (and how much he allows Pardew to spend this summer will be the real litmus test of his intent and trust in his manager). But frankly I don't care to much about his behaviour and his obvious arrogance. If he does deliver Premiership football in 5 years no one will care about his faults. If he desn't though you can bet your life that everyone else will get the blame.

What he needs to remember is that he employed Pardew in the first place. If he is so hacked off that we didn't make the play offs and thinks that Pardew is at fault, perhaps he ought to consider his own judgement call.

What a week, we have two squeeky clean clones running the country and now a slippery Johnny Foreigner has Saints fans eating out of his hand because he is forced into making a statement that should never have been necessary in the first place.

Happy days.

you are of course correct, it is nearer 11 months than 12, guess he means a year in football terms - i.e. a season.

I think what people like about him is the Mourinhio thing - confident, not after making friends but knows what is needed to make success.

Show me where in his statement he slagged them off! And quote him, don't just say what you think he said!

I'm waiting! :-$

You'll be waiting a long time. John B doesn't deal in facts, just conjecture, rumour, and speculation. Please don't press him on this, as he has a very delicate dispossition. He went some way, in perpetuating this bullsh1t story in the first place, amongst others.

It was pleasing to have this statement from NC, but it shouldn't have been neccesary. We moaned when the duck hunter kept shouting his mouth off in the press, and many on here said that the chairman should not be seen or heard. Yet here we are again, with the vocal few on here wanting him to respond to every little rumour out there.

On first impressions given this last year, he has impressed me,so long may it continue.

Lastly, those saying ML this and ML that. He made it clear out the outset, that NC was in charge, so why is it that some of you expect every decision to be made by him.

I have to say that was an excellent response to all the whipped up frenzy of recent weeks and other things besides. It certainly has the Swiss stamp of keeping their cards close to their chests in business and everyone else can keep their beaks out.

What stuns me is the number of posters on here not happy with the statement, and looking to find hidden meanings in what NC has said and perpetuate unrest and frenzy. Just step back and accept what has been said we no longer dance to the tune of the media and typical football circus. What a breath of fresh air.

As for the style of football, from my seat in the Chapel more attractive football is already on show, many a time this past season I have sat there and thought this is really good football, if it is going to get better then well done.

As for the NC AP relationship, anyone who saw the embrace between them at Wembley could see that was a genuine act not put on for the cameras.

Rejoice at the fact the claptrap and tittle tattle days at Southampton Football Club are over. As the man says enjoy the summer!

Happy days.

Spot on. There has been lot's ot talk about NC being arrogant with the staff at the club but i'd chosen to ignore that because it didn't affect me, but he has now made me think I was too quick to brush aside these comments because he has now had a dig at Matt Le Tissier and because Matt is such a hero to me I take that personally. I know that sounds stupid but that's how I feel. That's the honeymoon over for him as far as i'm concerned. The more I think about it the more ****ed off I feel.

No matter how much of a legend MLT is with Saints Fans I think he has a slightly tarnished image after lining with a joke of a consortium. We are much better off with NC and under his leadership I am confident we will return back to the Premiership.

Yes NC does come across arrogant but then again alot of successful business people do !! Now we all know how he deals with the media we should lay off him and let him get on with job.

I am glad my faith towards NC and the club was never swayed despite the rentless rubbish posted on this forum. This epsiode again proves that the so called ITK'S actually know nothing. Quite laughable people on here speculating about Mark Hughes etc...

Looking forward to next season with same manager but new hope !!

coyr

What a good post by Giordano. Something we should all bear in mind and keep an eye on and perhaps save for a rainy day, just in case.

As for other comments, he may be a nasty egotistical type, but the good thing is, at the moment he is our nasty egotistical type, and as long as the club keeps moving forwards (in a moral and legal manner) then that is all I and I would expect most of us would ask for.

As I said before, in simple terms for the pundits around the club at least he was equal in sharing his minor dig at "All the old Politics". Those days are now gone, by all means critique the club & the leadership team, but PLEASE try and limit those comments to factual issues UNLESS it is to reveal something (with sources) that we REALLY should know.

MLT LM et al comment away but you guys should be better than us rabble on here and shouldn't dig your own holes and comment on idle speculation...

UNLESS you KNOW it is FACT of course

I am glad my faith towards NC and the club was never swayed despite the rentless rubbish posted on this forum. This epsiode again proves that the so called ITK'S actually know nothing. Quite laughable people on here speculating about Mark Hughes etc...

I'm not suggesting the Hughes rumour was true, but I still think Cortese had planned to dump Alan Pardew. SOG has it bang on in my opinion and if that's the case it puts that pathetic statement into an entirely different context.

Spot on. There has been lot's ot talk about NC being arrogant with the staff at the club but i'd chosen to ignore that because it didn't affect me, but he has now made me think I was too quick to brush aside these comments because he has now had a dig at Matt Le Tissier and because Matt is such a hero to me I take that personally. I know that sounds stupid but that's how I feel. That's the honeymoon over for him as far as i'm concerned. The more I think about it the more ****ed off I feel.

I think he could have worded his statement a lot better. He might be the face of the new SFC but he will NEVER be in the same league as the people he chose to have a pop at here. Why did these people come out and say what they did? Because the really belived that Pardew's job was on the line. Blimey, even a blind man could have seen that. But not Mr Cortses apparently. You can get away with this stuff if your are successful, but as Lowe found out, you can't if you fail. Lets hope our new leader is the former.

I think he could have worded his statement a lot better. He might be the face of the new SFC but he will NEVER be in the same league as the people he chose to have a pop at here. Why did these people come out and say what they did? Because the really belived that Pardew's job was on the line. Blimey, even a blind man could have seen that. But not Mr Cortses apparently. You can get away with this stuff if your are successful, but as Lowe found out, you can't if you fail. Lets hope our new leader is the former.

Precisely. If Rupert Lowe had made those remarks he'd have been crucified on here and rightly so. The fact that more fans aren't put out surprises me, perhaps they're too young to remember MLT not just as a great player but as a loyal servent of the club.

Still looking forward to Pards next statement! He knows he is wanted esp by fans, so it should be good! Also think we will get transfer news soon, as the new players will need to be firing and bedded in from day one! Exciting times!!

Pardew went into this on weak ground but after today's statement he is in a much stronger position. I think Cortese threw his toys out of his Ferrari designed pram because the less you come out and say the more you are in control. He has now given the media actual quotes that they can hold him to, and that works in Pardews favour for now.

The summer and the start of the season will be all about Pardew and not Cortese, and that is the way it should be. If he doesn't deliver by Christmas though I think he will be out of the door. The definition of "deliver" will be what we will all be debating on here from August until December. I have a feeling that Cortese's definition of "deliver" will be well clear at the top of the table.

Pardew went into this on weak ground but after today's statement he is in a much stronger position. I think Cortese threw his toys out of his Ferrari designed pram because the less you come out and say the more you are in control. He has now given the media actual quotes that they can hold him to, and that works in Pardews favour for now.

The summer and the start of the season will be all about Pardew and not Cortese, and that is the way it should be. If he doesn't deliver by Christmas though I think he will be out of the door. The definition of "deliver" will be what we will all be debating on here from August until December. I have a feeling that Cortese's definition of "deliver" will be well clear at the top of the table.

Isn't that what we all want though SOG?

Pardew himself is fully aware of this, and has said so himself, so there is no hidden messages in any of the comments................. Simples: Black & White, no the grey that we have been so use to, and see all the time in football.

Cortese is right. Frankly what do Le Tiss KK and LM know about running the club.

Granted LM was manager, but he was running team affairs, not running the club - the two are very seperate.

Yes LeTiss is a god around here - but that is due to what he did for us on the pitch. He attempted to get involved off the pitch last year and look how I worked. He should keep his involvement with Southampton to the glorious memories he gave us on the pitch.

(n.b. I am not blaming LeTiss personally for the Pinnacle debacle, I do think he was trying to help - but undoubtedly his presence blinded both us and Fry - and could have been damaging)

Errr.... Like him or not, Lawrie has been involved with SFC for well over 30 years and has sat on numerous boards, Director of Football as well as manager.

He knows more about running a football club in his little finger than Cortese knows.

Before I start, let me just say that MLT is my hero. Love the guy. Legend. Genius. But....

At the end of the day I reckon MLT would be the first to admit that if you dish it out you have to be prepared to take it back.

He said of Cortese "He has handled this issue very poorly. He should be grateful that Alan Pardew wants to stay and work here."

Now if somebody said that about me, I would feel well within my rights to respond in kind, regardless of who they were.

Before I start, let me just say that MLT is my hero. Love the guy. Legend. Genius. But....

At the end of the day I reckon MLT would be the first to admit that if you dish it out you have to be prepared to take it back.

He said of Cortese "He has handled this issue very poorly. He should be grateful that Alan Pardew wants to stay and work here."

Now if somebody said that about me, I would feel well within my rights to respond in kind, regardless of who they were.

My interpretation of the majority of comments left on this board were stating much the same though.

This episode could have been culled ages ago with a short comment on the OS after Martin Samuels first piece appeared,or last week after it reappeared.

Precisely. If Rupert Lowe had made those remarks he'd have been crucified on here and rightly so. The fact that more fans aren't put out surprises me, perhaps they're too young to remember MLT not just as a great player but as a loyal servent of the club.

I remember MLT as a great player and loyal servant, but I also remember him titting about with a waste of time consortium as we slid further and further towards a winding up order, childishly wasting time as it became more and more apparent there was no money backing their bid.

It's brave thing Cortese is doing by criticising MLT and Lawrie Mac, but I'm guessing he takes the view that he's running the SFC of now and certain comments and the support they gain from the SFC of old don't help.

Love Matty to bits, best player ever to wear a Saints shirt (in my opinion). Yes Nicola may have had a pop at him, and others etc. from the past ,but what did you want him to say?

Okay for all to have a go at him, but when he responds, people expect him not to have a go back.

Should he have kept his mouth shut, NO.

The Echo, Mail etc. have caused all this upset, perhaps some were expecting him to come out and say:

"yes i was going to sack Pardew, Marcus is so upset he couldn't be bothered to come to the last game of the season, camera in hand. But after all the press speculation, and comments from revered past employees of the club, i have completely changed my mind"

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't!!

Giordano's and sadoldgit's posts hit most of my nails on the head.

I see in Cortese a guy with many tremendous talents - someone with all the skills needed to get this club back where it belongs. We've never seen anyone of his calibre running our club, and I've never felt better about our future. Ever. In fact I think Cortese’s even talented enough to pull it off without a billionaire’s backing, and that's saying something.

However, I also see someone with some clear faults of ego - someone who seems to react poorly if people don't fully "toe his line". It was evident when he banned the Echo some months back, it’s implied in the alleged comments of some SMS staffers, it's been evident in the events of the past few weeks, and it’s abundantly clear from the statement. Some of that mindset is needed in order to show that he won’t tolerate mediocrity, but it’s very easy to go too far.

As others have said, the stresses around Pardew could have been easily removed by the guy who probably created them in the first place. It wasn’t just media gossip that said Pardew was under pressure and that there were relationship issues – Pardew gave that impression himself.

Cortese could easily have nipped all of this recent speculation in the bud. He did it in the end, so why didn’t he do it earlier?

My hunch is that he was indeed unhappy with Pardew’s performance or their relationship, and that his unhappiness may even have been enough to end up in a firing this week.

However, I think Cortese has had an object lesson in two major differences between the banking world where he was raised and the one where he now operates. First, he’s had to perform in an unfamiliar media spotlight. Second, his customers can be a vocal, powerful and critical bunch, and they have clear ways of expressing collective frustration. Cortese’s not accustomed to either of those things, and he may have realized that the course of action he was considering – a managerial change – could not be the kind of quiet overnight coup of his old life, and would not be at all well received in either of those very public arenas.

While I'm delighted with most of Cortese's statement, some of it struck me as more face-saving in nature. I think he lashed out at the Echo, former managers and former players more out of frustration that he’d encountered a situation he couldn’t fully control. It wasn’t the Echo’s fault that this speculation kept building - or McMenemy’s, or Keegan’s or Le Tissier’s. To imply that it was is ridiculous.

I just find it troubling that some posters are so quick to heap praise on Cortese that they can’t see there are certain dangers. One of those dangers is that Pardew may have outfoxed Cortese by cleverly using his media contacts and his standing among the fan base. If that’s what Cortese has concluded, Pardew will be on a very short leash next year, no matter what Nicola’s media release implies.

It's ironic that some of the chief admirers of Cortese are doubtless people who rightly criticized Lowe for pulling the same kind of stuff – attacking the media, former managers and former players. If Lowe was wrong to do it, and he was, then so is Cortese.

I hope that all parties in this, especially Cortese and Pardew, have learned a lesson and that we’ll hit the ground running next season.

Learning those lessons is crucial for everyone.

Love the statement.

Yes, he is arrogant - but no doubt he is also aware that HE will be judged on results as much as Pardew will. I doubt very much ML will tolerate failure, otherwise he would not be the wealthy man he is now.

As for the comments about outside interference....yeah, a touch heavy handed but the sentiments are right! MLT is my hero too, and I was impressed last year that he was prepared to commit himself to saving the club - even though it may have been a foolish or misguided attempt. The fact is, he did at least try. Having said that, neither he nor LM (or KK for that matter) have any sway in what goes on now.

I have a feeling that it has all been taken out of context and the simple fact is they were asked a direct question (probably by the Echo who seem intent on stirring up mischief) to which they responded. If YOU were asked "should southampton sack Alan Pardew" you and the majority of others would probably have said no....the Echo have just sensationalised a statement and Cortese should probably realise that too. Cortese has made a statement of intent that he is in control and not to take notice of anybody else, and I applaude him for that.

Can't wait for next season :)

charles sale still doesn't appear to like Mr Cortese very much :D

"Southampton's self-important Italian executive chairman Nicola Cortese has issued an astonishing attack on critics, saying: ‘I will not be influenced or driven by people who seek to harm the club in the pursuit of personal agendas - whoever they are.’

His main targets are Lawrie McMenemy and Matthew Le Tissier, probably the club’s two most famous names, who have done infinitely more for Southampton over the years than the posturing Cortese."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278251/Charles-Sale-England-boss-Fabio-Capello-welcomes-language-barrier.html#ixzz0nrY2Ai6y

"Southampton's self-important Italian executive chairman Nicola Cortese has issued an astonishing attack on critics, saying: ‘I will not be influenced or driven by people who seek to harm the club in the pursuit of personal agendas - whoever they are.’

His main targets are Lawrie McMenemy and Matthew Le Tissier, probably the club’s two most famous names, who have done infinitely more for Southampton over the years than the posturing Cortese."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278251/Charles-Sale-England-boss-Fabio-Capello-welcomes-language-barrier.html#ixzz0nrY2Ai6y

Yet more trash from the Daily Mail, "astonishing attack " be blowed. What a moron you are Mr Sale which is clearly why the Mail employ you.

Oh and you can post your comments only when I tried I couldn't. So much for that !

Edited by chrisobee

"His main targets are Lawrie McMenemy and Matthew Le Tissier, probably the club’s two most famous names, who have done infinitely more for Southampton over the years than the posturing Cortese."

No they're not -conveniently leaves out any mention of the press just like the Echo did earlier today, instead shifting attention to the legends, confident that we will rally like red-ants to defend them. Some poor fools on this forum -SOG etc- have also bitten the bait.

The fat-faced dimwit Sale not only takes up the ar$ e from Murray but resorts to the same smear tactics as him - pathetic.

Although I haven't yet had the time to read all 8 pages of this thread I can't see what the fuss is about. Lawrie and MLT thought AP should stay and said so in the press, NC thought the same so he agrees with them. Can't really see that there's much room for a lot of excitement about that so why did he go on about it.

In fact if I were to draw any conclusion from the statement it would be that Markus has told them to cut it out and banged their heads together, AP and NC that is

Edited by Window Cleaner

Although I haven't yet had the time to read all 8 pages of this thread I can't see what the fuss is about. Lawrie and MLT thought AP should stay and said so in the press, NC thought the same so he agrees with them. Can't really see that there's much room for a lot of excitement about that so why did he go on about it.

Possibly because in his eyes they with the Echo Solent Daily Mail trying to destabilise the club but I thought they were trying to support the club

Excellent, just what was needed. Fair to say NC has erased the doubts I freely admitted to having. I especially like this:

Our fans and staff should be reassured that I will only make decisions affecting our future based on sound football and business thinking and not on the whims of a local newspaper keen to maximise readership or pundits whose agendas are unclear. Furthermore, I will not respond to every piece of idle speculation. We have too much development work to do to waste time on such pursuits, and my time is dedicated to that work.

Agree ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!

The power-crazed media seems to think they run the (football) world and some of the issues brought out by the media are nothing short of scandalous.

Well Done Nicola Cortese who gets on with his job and won't bow and scrape to every hack journalist who wants an "exclusive" storyline.The man has style and I admire that. He doesn't feel he has to respond to every quote.

Much has been made of his Feb. statement (not satisfied) statement which generated into a media lynch mob for Alan Pardew...not to mention the poor suckers who bet the rent on Pardew's " certain sacking "..once again the bookies are laughing all the way to the bank. Marcus Liebherr's "boycott" of the last game was not necessarily a statement of discontent with Pardew but most likely the fact that many countries were " still " needing to cancel airtraffic even upto last week because of the volcanic ash problem.

We are, I'm sure all pleased to get such a positive response and even the Daily Mail who published the worst libel of the season with the " Pardew for the sack " story last week have been forced to backpedal by stating that he now has a 12 month stay of execution (my words) whereas I think that if AP " fails again " - he will walk of his own accord.

For me Cortese is " his own Man " and not afraid to say FU to the scandalous press.

Sorry, despite his legend status amongst us all, he is not above criticism.

I will not criticise him for his Pinnacle role, he was doing his bit to try to save the club. However, he should have kept his gob shut about AP.

Agree with that Alpine.(.goodness am I agreeing with you ...AGAIN?)

I think everyone was brainwashed into thinking that the " MLT saviour " storyline was the only way out. ..and the xenophobic " we don't want a bunch of foreigners running our club " mentality was wrong...thank goodness they are (say I ).

Marcus Liebherrs coffee money is probably more than Pinnacle could have raised... at the time.

NC imo had every right to comment on MLT and Lawrie. Being football men themselves and knowing how the media get things wrong, often, they should have known better than to shout their mouths off without really knowing the facts. MLT will always be a hero to me for what he did on the pitch but that doesnt mean he is right in this case.

The statement is a disgrace and i feel embarrased for Mr Cortese. The facts are even up to last Saturday Alan Pardew did not know he had a job with his comments. It looks like things where 'only' sorted on Wednesday to carry on. People like Le tiss and Lawrie Mac have merely been supportive of Pardew. So there is no need for Cortese to slag them off. Does he do irony when saying he wants to stop the politics ! Anyway the club is not about the chairmans ego as we all know.

Charles Sale, friend of Rupert Lowe? Like we'll take anything he says without a pinch of salt...

With all the vitriol being aimed at the Echo I can't help but feel the real culprits for all the mischief making are the the ones with the axes to grind, and I don't believe for a moment that Sale doesn't still has Lowe's ear.. I think Cortese is right but not quite as dramatically as he makes out in the article. People are out to make mischief but it's not quite as destructive as is made out. Certain people don't want to see the club being perceived as being successful without them and their input...

I can't help but feel that the Echo was set up to look stupid. It didn't take much to allay fears and go public, the silence just added fuel to the fire. And the Echo lept in with both feet... Doh!

The statement is a disgrace and i feel embarrased for Mr Cortese. The facts are even up to last Saturday Alan Pardew did not know he had a job with his comments. It looks like things where 'only' sorted on Wednesday to carry on. People like Le tiss and Lawrie Mac have merely been supportive of Pardew. So there is no need for Cortese to slag them off. Does he do irony when saying he wants to stop the politics ! Anyway the club is not about the chairmans ego as we all know.

1. From what reliable source have you concluded it looks like things were "sorted to carry on" on Wednesday?

2. How do the comments relating to MLT, LM and others "slag" them off explicitly?

Food for thought...?

Good post from Canada Saint.

In summary, I'm supportive of what NC is doing, how he is doing it and what he said in his statement and how he said it. But also aware of the rumours and the concerns. Maybe one day the ego issue will raise it's head and we may discover another secret Rupert clone has been in charge but that is not today and maybe not ever.

Meanwhile, again well done to the Yeovil site for saying it as it really is, spot on and the link truly is worthy of a bump and should be reprinted verbatim by some of the Mail's main competitors!

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/features/blog.asp?BlogId=254

Perhaps he was including the time before the takeover, you know, the time when matters were delayed by the Pinnacle tyre-kickers

There are a number of very simple issues here. The media "frenzy" (a couple of stories here and there is hardly a frenzy)

It wasn't just the local rag, it made a National daily.And as it was non-story, I think that the frenzy tag is entirely justified.

only came about becuase of his very lukewarm response to his manager earlier in the season, no well done when he won us the cup and no resposne when the rumours started.

So the hugs from Cortese for Pardew when he collected the Cup were not meant to register as a well done, or affection for him.:rolleyes:

He could have ended this stuff in a heartbeat but he chose to let it go on. Why?

Because he is not the sort of person to waste his time discussing the internal workings of the club every five minutes with morons. He has publicly stated that now, so please don't be surprised the next time, Soggy.

Why did Pardew feel that his job was not secure? Why did people such as Le Tiss, McMenemy and even Keegan for goodness sakes feel the need to come out and support Pardew in the media?

Because all managers feel insecure. It is part of the territory. As for the intervention of the others, I hope that they will be a bit more circumspect the next time, as they have come away from this with egg on their faces.

It is a bit rich for Cortese to kick off about all of this when it was down to him in the first place. He seems to have a bit of the Mourhino about him.

In what way? That he is a winner and liked and respected by most of the fans? ;) And there you go again, saying it was down to him, whereas it was down to the poor journalism of the Mail and Echo.

Personally, I'd prefer a professional business relationship based on mutual respect. But if you want something warm and fuzzy, then prepare to be disappointed.

Says somebody attempting to stoke up the fire that does not exist. :rolleyes:

So pipe down and relax.

I see little difference between Lowe and Cortese except that Cortese has got money to play with (and how much he allows Pardew to spend this summer will be the real litmus test of his intent and trust in his manager).

I'm sure that the club will spend the sum of money that Pardew and Cortese deem to be sufficient to ensure our promotion. The comparison with Lowe apart from the money aspect, is pure comedy and does not justify more of a response.

But frankly I don't care to much about his behaviour and his obvious arrogance. If he does deliver Premiership football in 5 years no one will care about his faults. If he desn't though you can bet your life that everyone else will get the blame.

And why not? The funds and the infrastructure have been put in place for it so far If that continues and we do not succeed, why should it be his fault rather than the fault of the players or the manager?

Where is the evidence that Cortese is hacked off? Either produce something concrete, or stop stirring the pot with conjecture.

What a week, we have two squeeky clean clones running the country and now a slippery Johnny Foreigner has Saints fans eating out of his hand because he is forced into making a statement that should never have been necessary in the first place, had the gutter press, ex-players and managers and people like you not put two and two together and come up with five.

Happy days.

Happy days indeed. I look forward to next season with relish. This season was excellent. More of the same, please

NC imo had every right to comment on MLT and Lawrie. Being football men themselves and knowing how the media get things wrong, often, they should have known better than to shout their mouths off without really knowing the facts. MLT will always be a hero to me for what he did on the pitch but that doesnt mean he is right in this case.

Well he was right he said we should keep AP and NC agrees with him. The fact is if I was asked the same question as MLT or Lawire I would have answered the same way. It doesn't mean I have anything against NC just that I thought we would be mad to get rid of AP most on here said the same thing. There is much to applaud in NCs statement but it does come across as if he takes things a bit personally.

A brilliantlt written piece from NC, just goes to show how a real businessman/CEO acts, speaks and deals with the media.

Also proves I was right (in my own mind) about listening to "rumours". Every since Markus has bought the club, NO ONE has had any inside information, thank goodness. These guys run a right ship and the best and first place to look for news is saintsfc.co.uk