Message from NC - discuss

Tractor_Saint

Jeez, Solent just don't know when to stop do they... (on Twitter)

more #saintsfc stuff - my story saturday stands - club owner Herr Liebherr was/is unhappy with failure to make progress and play-offs

#saintsfc - personal view - maybe the chairman takes some credit , and Pards, for convincing Markus to stick not twist?

On what basis are they continuing with this story. Markus in unhappy - how do they know? Did they speak to him directly in Switzerland? Oh and lets twist everything round so its still fits their little fantasy.

You mean the administrator from one of the most respected insolvency practitioners in the country's back street office in Southend? That one? Fry, I think old bean.

Anyhoo, you were arguing for the OS to be shut down a few days ago so I'm surprised you still bother to read it.

Blimey, puppy name/puppy brain, you hold a grudge. And note:

A. You accused me of complaining I couldn't get a programme - I didn't; I complained that the

club were not giving - and were refusing to give - an explanation for a rather unusual

occurrence

B. I was not arguing for the OS to be shut down. I said that if it was not for communicating

with the fans there it served no purpose and might as well shut down.

I am surprised you bother to read my posts.

Very strong statmenet from Nicola.

He does seem to have this hard nosed bastard approach, yet it's an attribute that most work well in his previous and current line of work.

Briliant response, slightly concerned at the slurr at Le Tiss, the point he makes is right but took a fine risk in his comment.

Sounds like we're going to hit next season full on.

I don't want to turn over old ground, but on reflection, it makes me realise what a mess we were in with Wilde/Crouch/Durlieu as our Chairmen, and puts just how professional NC and the club in general is now.

Danke Saint Marcus.

Yes, of course, Wilde/Crouch/Durlieu were solely responsible for the mess we were in weren't they? Hilarious... like the "visionary one" and his deadly dutch duo never existed...

But like you sway, no point going over old ground...

On what basis are they continuing with this story. Markus in unhappy - how do they know? Did they speak to him directly in Switzerland? Oh and lets twist everything round so its still fits their little fantasy.

But isn't that the point? That he hasn't said anything? That nobody actually knows what he thinks? Maybe he doesn't really care, that as long as he doesn't lose money he'll just leave NC to get on with it as he sees fit. I just feel that they need to make fans believe they are part of the "family", that what you get isn't just what NC wants to give you (good, bad or indifferent).

It's a matter of "style".

Edited by hughieslastminutegoal

He reminds me of Jose Mourinho a little bit. He speaks his mind without worrying about the consequences because he is in an untouchable position. He said it how it is - he's made me feel a lot happier so I really can't fault anything he has said.

more #saintsfc stuff - my story saturday stands - club owner Herr Liebherr was/is unhappy with failure to make progress and play-offs

#saintsfc - personal view - maybe the chairman takes some credit , and Pards, for convincing Markus to stick not twist?

The fact is that Pardew is staying.

There may have been concerns about his future but that was in the past time to move on

Looking forward to seeing Notts County Exeter and Tranmere next season as I have never seen them play

To be fair, ML prob is unhappy, I would be as well, in fact I was!! In that sense, solent are right!! Only point is, it is a non story!

Excellent statement and it shows the strong leadership that now exists at SFC. I bet Nicola actually enjoyed writing it.

We can play our part too, by NOT jumping to ill-informed conclusions at every tiff and turn, whether there is sufficent information for 2 plus 2 to make 5, or not. As I said the other day, be patient, and the news will come when it does.

There are plenty of other things to debate.

Glad Cortese has made a response, but I am not sure why he falls into the trap of criticising the critics. He should just rise above them. All a little childish for me. This echo fued is just going to run and run...

So, the echo has been 'wet slapped' and I couldn't agree more. They don;t deliver news or views, just trash. I suggest you stick it in bin with the rest of the trash.

Look, I didn;t mind the rumours on here that AP might go. I bet every set of fans in every club, particularly those lower down that have performed pretty well, would be questioning if their manager would still be there next season. What I expect from a local paper is some 'insight' into this matter, not gossip, idle speculation and general badgering of the club in order to create a story where there isn't one.

Look, the season ended just 5 days ago, just a mere 4 days after it's conclusion, NC sits down with AP to see where things lie. Obviously NC & AP are disappointed that we didn;t get into the play-offs, but, I'm sure NC wanted to hear from AP that he was still up for it and wanted to take us to the next level next season. I'm sure NC had some ideas and I am certain that the thought of replacing AP was a consideration, of course it is. How strongly he felt about that could only become clear after he met with his previous choice of management, led by AP. They met, they agreed, we move forward, end of.

Strangely enough, THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you stop buying the echo and stop buying the mail, because the best unfounded rumours are to be found on this site. On this site you can make all the rumours you like and then sit back and get slated for being wrong when Kaka doesn;t sign.

So, for all of you that hate AP, think he's rubbish, think he should go, you're in for a long season. AP will be here for some time to come. If we get promoted as Champions next season, we'd be mad to let him go. Promotion to the Prem the following year, is AP going anywhere, I think not! ML, NC and AP have a vision, their vision is clear and agreed. Don;t let sh*t rags ruin our club, they are smaller than Saints and they will never be supported like Saints fans support our club.

I applaude ML, NC, AP, the players, the staff and all you fans, it's been a great season and I love being a Saint!

Glad Cortese has made a response, but I am not sure why he falls into the trap of criticising the critics. He should just rise above them. All a little childish for me. This echo fued is just going to run and run...

I'd say he has. He basically said that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is very different comenting on a club than actually running one. He also said the media were well wide of the mark with their reports on Pardew being under pressure and facing the sack. Well I'm sorry but if you want to print bullsh*t, can can't cry when you get found out. If Cortese hadn't pointed out that this was grade A bull, we'd have idiot on here convinced that the Echo was right and that Pardew is a dead man walking.

Cortese can't win with everyone, but I think he has handled this situation perfectly.

Things are looking good on the field as they should with a Billionaire owner but still not perfect behind the scenes perhaps.

But should we care probably not as long as results are good

What the man said.

The Echo is the company that needs to rethink it's policy...print media is having an increasingly tough time & management policies & stances that alienate a high percentage of the readership is not going to help.

Perhaps the Echo could issue an apology for it's groundless stirring & offer an olive branch on the future...if SFC can trust them. It is they that have ground to make up so maybe the management needs changing (with tongue firmly in cheek but you get the implication!).

Here, Here! excellent shout.

So, the echo has been 'wet slapped' and I couldn't agree more. They don;t deliver news or views, just trash. I suggest you stick it in bin with the rest of the trash.

Look, I didn;t mind the rumours on here that AP might go. I bet every set of fans in every club, particularly those lower down that have performed pretty well, would be questioning if their manager would still be there next season. What I expect from a local paper is some 'insight' into this matter, not gossip, idle speculation and general badgering of the club in order to create a story where there isn't one.

Look, the season ended just 5 days ago, just a mere 4 days after it's conclusion, NC sits down with AP to see where things lie. Obviously NC & AP are disappointed that we didn;t get into the play-offs, but, I'm sure NC wanted to hear from AP that he was still up for it and wanted to take us to the next level next season. I'm sure NC had some ideas and I am certain that the thought of replacing AP was a consideration, of course it is. How strongly he felt about that could only become clear after he met with his previous choice of management, led by AP. They met, they agreed, we move forward, end of.

I suggest you stop buying the echo and stop buying the mail, because the best unfounded rumours are to be found on this site. On this site you can make all the rumours you like and then sit back and get slated for being wrong when Kaka doesn;t sign.

So, for all of you that hate AP, think he's rubbish, think he should go, you're in for a long season. AP will be here for some time to come. If we get promoted as Champions next season, we'd be mad to let him go. Promotion to the Prem the following year, is AP going anywhere, I think not! ML, NC and AP have a vision, their vision is clear and agreed. Don;t let sh*t rags ruin our club, they are smaller than Saints and they will never be supported like Saints fans support our club.

I applaude ML, NC, AP, the players, the staff and all you fans, it's been a great season and I love being a Saint!

I fully agree summed up very well UTS

Dear Echo/Solent Twitter Site

I am unhappy that Southampton failed to reach the playoffs. Please will you run a full story on the local news. (Oh and please say hello to everyone else who knows me)

Signed

Dubai_Phil

and no doubt NC, AP, RLSGM, KD, JF, AL, LB, DC, DH, hell, even Paul Wotton.

And if I may take liberties I would also guess we could add the names of what at least 51,000 other Saints fans who made it to Wembley, the many thousands like Alps & EoA who couldn't make it to Wembley.

Every sinle ONE of us have questioned AP over the dropped points in midweek away games OR other team members - hell it is Lallana's fault for hitting the woodwork so often - I blame him!

I do believe that in fact the ONLY thing that could have been deemed remotely newsworthy would have been if ML had been HAPPY that we had not made the playoffs.

You (Echo/Solent) made a hideous professional error of attributing a direct quote to ML without naming the source of that so called attributable quote and then pop up again on Twitter to defend this non-information, stop hiding behind pendantic semantics. Twitter - used by Twits

Superb statement NC, I just wish he would have come out and backed Pardew earlier so that everyone didn't start to worry. Really looking forward to next season now with Southampton establishing their own brand of football... the 'Southampton Style'

COYR

Yes, of course, Wilde/Crouch/Durlieu were solely responsible for the mess we were in weren't they? Hilarious... like the "visionary one" and his deadly dutch duo never existed...

But like you sway, no point going over old ground...

I must have missed the bit where I placed responsibility upon any of these chaps' heads - My apologies if it came across as such - I was merely comparing the marked differences in their leadership approaches compared to that of NC's. HTH.

Oh, and the fact that Crouch is still a lying little sh!t irks me, but "onwards and upwards". We all love each other now brother in these happy days, so have a good one mate!

Well, what exactly are they reporting anyway?

He is unhappy at not making the play-offs. No shizzle Shurlock! I think we all are, along with Pardew and Cortese.

There is no doubt the local media have made themselves look silly lately. First there was to be a meeting at which Pardew's job was under threat on Wednesday. Then the meeting was to be postponed to Thursday. Then what actually happens is that it is confirmed on Thursday that there was a meeting on Wednesday and it was a straightforward review and planning meeting, as most normal people had predicted and which you would expect any competent business to hold regularly.

Dear Echo/Solent Twitter Site

I am unhappy that Southampton failed to reach the playoffs. Please will you run a full story on the local news. (Oh and please say hello to everyone else who knows me)

Signed

Dubai_Phil

and no doubt NC, AP, RLSGM, KD, JF, AL, LB, DC, DH, hell, even Paul Wotton.

And if I may take liberties I would also guess we could add the names of what at least 51,000 other Saints fans who made it to Wembley, the many thousands like Alps & EoA who couldn't make it to Wembley.

Every sinle ONE of us have questioned AP over the dropped points in midweek away games OR other team members - hell it is Lallana's fault for hitting the woodwork so often - I blame him!

I do believe that in fact the ONLY thing that could have been deemed remotely newsworthy would have been if ML had been HAPPY that we had not made the playoffs.

You (Echo/Solent) made a hideous professional error of attributing a direct quote to ML without naming the source of that so called attributable quote and then pop up again on Twitter to defend this non-information, stop hiding behind pendantic semantics. Twitter - used by Twits

:) Exactly!

Its the way nearly all the media works now. The have airtime and space to fill - regardless of whether there is a story to report or not. All stories need a baddy. If a local council approves a bypass the local paper will be out interviewing residents whose homes will be blighted by the new road. If the council reject the bypass they will interview people whose journey to work is slow, or businesses who say they will relocate elsewhere. Good news stories about how the world is generally a good place with most people acting in good faith, honestly and competently doesnt sell copies unfortunately.

Blimey, puppy name/puppy brain, you hold a grudge. And note:

A. You accused me of complaining I couldn't get a programme - I didn't; I complained that the

club were not giving - and were refusing to give - an explanation for a rather unusual

occurrence

B. I was not arguing for the OS to be shut down. I said that if it was not for communicating

with the fans there it served no purpose and might as well shut down.

I am surprised you bother to read my posts.

Well, I am affording you some latitude at the moment. It is very much a watching brief though.

I'd also like to defende NC with regards to his comments on MLT. He really hasn't slagged him off at all. He merely pointed out that MLT has voiced his opinion recently and stated that he is entitled to it, although it is in his opinioin misinformed.

Dignified responses do not require name dropping. I'm sorry but this was unprofessional of NC. He should be above digs and where has he got his information from to make these digs? the same unfactual local newspaper that he has critized.

Other than that it is a statement to end all speculation and those doubters on here should hang your heads in shame

I think neither the Echo nor Cortese has handled this situation well. The one person that has come out of it with credit is Alan Pardew. I dislike how the Echo has been reporting unsubstantiated gossip and rumour and NC has really shown them up for what they have done. Nonetheless, I think there may be occasions in future years when he and the club could benefit from having the Echo on side. At the very least, it's better having them inside the tent ****ing out than outside the tent ****ing in.

I think there may be occasions in future years when he and the club could benefit from having the Echo on side. At the very least, it's better having them inside the tent ****ing out than outside the tent ****ing in.

Werent the Echo given that chance with the Staplewood redevelopment and they proved you cant trust them to act responsibily? They were given prior information and plans, with a strict date embargo. The Echo must have agreed to that emabargo, but ignored it and ran the advance story anyway.

Surely Markus is allowed to be unhappy we didnt make the play offs that doesn't mean he is not satisfied with we are! We are all unhappy we didn't make the play offs including Alan Pardew and hopefully the players!

However there are many reasons why we missed the play offs and it is the Echos need to jump to senataional copy selling incorrect conclusions that is wrong.

I may be stupid but what the fook are you lot on about NC said he is backing the manager which means ML is backing the manager lay off there are no conspirocy theories lets have a good world cupm England winning then a good preseason which leads us to the champonship next season.

end of

I may be stupid but what the fook are you lot on about NC said he is backing the manager which means ML is backing the manager lay off there are no conspirocy theories lets have a good world cupm England winning then a good preseason which leads us to the champonship next season.

end of

i dont get it.. :confused:

..we know and are all (well mostly all) happy

Dignified responses do not require name dropping. I'm sorry but this was unprofessional of NC. He should be above digs and where has he got his information from to make these digs? the same unfactual local newspaper that he has critized.

No, he is getting it straight from the horse's mouth. MLT spoke about it on Sky TV and DM on Solent Radio. This wasn't a matter of a paper embellishing nothing quotes, NC would have heard these comments himself directly from the 2 people involved.

i dont get it.. :confused:

..we know and are all (well mostly all) happy

Lol, just when you think it's safe to return and read some sensible posts :D I wouldn't even try to figure it out TBH Mike, it's been stated that it is late in the Phillipines and indeed 22.13 ( Manilla) as I write so that is probably the explanation, or not :smt102

What if.....Adam Blackmores "source" passed him in the corridor at SMS and the passing cinversation goes something like this:

AB: Hey "source" how are you? Where's Markus, I havnt seen him today?

SOURCE: he's not coming. He's not happy.

AB: Not happy?

SOURCE: No, look, Adam, nice chatting, see you later, got things to do.

This can easily be interpreted as Markus not happy (fill in reason) and so isn't here.

Equally can be interpreted as Markus is not here (reason-no flights cos of ash) and is unhappy that he can't make the last game of the season to celebrate with the fans and his team.

Which makes a better story for media with no real stories and dare I say it, their own agendas?

MLT and LM: I think its fair to say they both have no malice and the clubs interests at heart... but, I think as others have said, by reacting to teh media speculation in the way they do, tehy perpetuate teh rumour and provide further copy for those that started it.

I know in both cases they were being supportive of Alan, to their credit, but by responding as they did, they were potentially adding weight to teh speculation, which is unhelpful...look at all the fan frenzie about it!

Its simple, had they simply said they were sure the club would do the right thing in both football and business it would have been a non-story... and I think that is NC's desire, to quash this speculation by providing no comment. I think the best example is that will MLT and LM now comeout publically and state: 'I have to say, I misjudged that one, having responded to rumour/gossip, and now we see that NC has everything under control and is working with all at the club and Alan in what looks like a really great future for the club. My only comment would be to urge fans to recognise how lucky we are and ignore any further nonsense or speculation... I will certainly be more weary of commenting in future now that I see there is often no evidence behind the story'

I dont really expect it, but I doubt they would get a call from the press asking for a POSITIVE statement in support of the club anyway... positive news does not sell papers as we all know...

So then as most of us predicted, another load of crap to add to our growing pile of crap, no doubt more will be added to it as the weeks progress.

I think what is key from NC statement is that you can see how much he cares about this project. Those people who were doubting him should re-read it a few times so that when the next time comes and rumours are not answered they can see why they are un-answered.

NC did the right thing, you can't run a club by talking to the media every 5 mins, that is not his job. So well done NC you have done yourself and the club proud with your statement.

Now as for The Echo....how could they get it so wrong? It is obvious there is no big rift between the two (Pardew and NC), he say's they have mutual respect and find it fun working together. That does not sound like two people who are against each other at the level they report..

The Echo need to apologise to NC,Pardew the staff at St Mary's and most of all it's readers, however many are left. They are a local newspaper, not the sun, not the mail, they are supposed to write about local events/news, not invent it to try and sell papers or create division amongst fans and club, it is pathetic.

What he said!

We really have the management structure that is the envy of most of the Prem teams. I just showed this article to a football writer friend of mine, who is also a liverpool fan. He simply said 'I want that'.

How people can complain about Cortese or even think about comparing him to the unmentionables of the past is simply beggars belief.

Once again the man has got it spot on. Thank you for saving our club, and Thank you in advance for taking it back to where it should be - I have no doubt whatsoever that this set up can take us back to where we belong!

Roll on next season, and the seasons to follow. The dark days are well and truly behind us, FFS let us stop being a bunch of joke supporters to traumatised by events of the past to understand we really are on to something truly special, and that we should get behind this and move onwards and upwards together.

I offer (as I have all season) my unreserved support of both Pardew and Cortese, and the playing team! May this sense of excitement long continue!

COYS!!