Message from NC - discuss

Tractor_Saint

Kin fantastic statement, although its maybe a shame that the likes of MLT and Franny dont appear to be a welcome part of the club as it is now. NC did say he was unsure of some of the motives so maybe in the future the legends and ex players can be a big part of the clubs history and future.

I have never been so optomistic about the saints future though. Actually considering putting a bet on us winning the Champions League one day!!!! Can such a bet be placed?

Cant wait to find out the shape of the 1st team next season with no doubt a few leaving and some more coming in.

:D

Edited by saintjay77

Wow. Integrity, detail and professionalism - I may have just have a little man love for NC now. He is the boss, he knows it, but a proper Chairman and CEO. I wish my company had one like him! I just had a fist pumping, emotional moment in the office when reading this. Terrific.

Shame on us for almost being suckered in by the tabloid nonsense. At least, as this statement makes pertinently clear, when there's some news to be had from inside the club, we'll hear it through the proper channels first, which is refreshing in any business, not least football! Keep the faith in ML/NC/AP to take us back to the promised land, they know what they're doing...

COYS! I agree though, let me buy my season ticket dagnammit!!

P.S. Is there a 2pm press conference tomorrow mind to confirm Skacel...?

PMSL

That kicked a lot of people outside the club right where it will hurt them.

Very clear, very specific and very encouraging, knocks back the rumours at almost every turn.

Time for some grovelling, especially from Solent's Adam. Think it would be a good time to man up and humiliate the source who stitched you up.

dare i say the source of all this crap was Adam Blakemore from BBC Solent who in the running upto the Southend Game whipped up a frenzy with the whole "a source close to the boardroom" debacle.

The same Adam Blackmore who had that very strange after-match interview that seemed to **** AP off.

Can't help digging at the Echo can he? Oh well, at least (it seems) Pardew is staying.

And why not?

The Echo has undermined, sniped, speculated all to the detriment of the club.

Any management change - or the change in focus - should be at the Echo...I know of many like me who no longer buy one in protest & withdrew my full page colour company advertising from the last Boat Show Special (it's the only one relevant to my business) in disgust at their behaviour.

Excellent update from a focused team led by a chairman who doesn't waste time on idle gossip or let his head be turned by celebrity or craparazzi.

Great statement apart from slagging off Lawrie Mac & LE Tiss. They were only showing their support for AP as were most supporters. Neither would do or say anything to harm the club and the majority of us would like to see them honoured in some way rather than having these comments thrown at them!

NC would have been far better slagging off the Daily Mail who for the umpteenth time have published unsubstantiated speculation as fact.

Martin Samuel is the one who should be the target of NC's critiscism rather than Lawrie and MLT.

Excellent stuff. Never in doubt apart from the all the flapping women out there. And to all those who say the comments about Matty and Lawrie were out of order, why were they? They both made comments saying Cortese would be mad to sack Pardew and went on about it in the media even though it was the media who brought up the rubbish about Pardew being sacked anyway, so they were slagging off the Chairman of Saints before he'd even said or done anything. Cortese has every right to shoot them down with his comments.

Hopefully people can just wait until our Chairman has spoken in future without resorting to making up their own stories and scenarios.

Loving the fact that our club is in exceptional hands.

Apart from his statements on the media, I thought his points about our playing style were interesting.

I get the sense that NC is frustrated by our playing style (as is anyone who's seen us play regularly this season) and wants us to mix the unadulturated hoofball with something more attractive (and productive)- and will be part of the criteria (obviously along with our chances for promotion) used to evaluate Pards next season.

To be honest, this statement i thought had killed off speculation but then some people just come on this thread and start saying its a conspiracy theory that NC has decided to stick with Pardew, i was worried with the speculation, but i definetly thought it was overhyped. Great news to wake up too

The same Adam Blackmore who had that very strange after-match interview that seemed to **** AP off.

while a fine commentator and chap he appears to be, as a journalist he is found lacking, this is not the first time he's taken information at face value.

I think what it all shows is that Cortese doesn't have a thick skin when it comes to the media, and that idle gossip gets to him. A more mature response would be to rise above it a bit more and not get involved in responding to the actions of speculating individuals. A more generic 'Pardew is our man', planning now for next season statement would have been more appropriate. It all makes me worry a bit how he will cope when **** starts hitting the fan, as it inevitably will at some point.

All IMO obviously..

Apart from his statements on the media, I thought his points about our playing style were interesting.

I get the sense that NC is frustrated by our playing style (as is anyone who's seen us play regularly this season) and wants us to mix the unadulturated hoofball with something more attractive (and productive)- and will be part of the criteria (obviously along with our chances for promotion) used to evaluate Pards next season.

Will be interesting to see how 'pretty football' will work on some of the ragged League 1 pitches....

To be honest, this statement i thought had killed off speculation but then some people just come on this thread and start saying its a conspiracy theory that NC has decided to stick with Pardew, i was worried with the speculation, but i definetly thought it was overhyped. Great news to wake up too

Nobody says it is a conspiracy, nobody said it's because of this board that he didn't get sacked etc.

Some people, including myself feel that he may have had his hand forced into keeping Pardew... when there is 100% backing from fans and the more influential ex-Saints making comments in the press and media, you don't go and sack him a couple of days before season tickets go on sale.

That is a FACT

Whether or not that is the reason, who knows. I am just glad that for whatever reason, we are going to have continuity and Pardew is staying.

Yep. Absolutely. And as Winnersaint says, Quality Reponse.

For the first time in decades, we have a quality, professional, focused Chief Exec that is going to return us to the big-time and the hangers on can f**k right off.

Yesterdays meeting was exactly what many of us thought - a standard business review and planning session.

I for one think the club is in the best hands possible.

Yes I agree with you things are looking good and I really enjoyed last season attending more matches than in the recent past I am looking forward to next season as well.

However possibly NC should learn something from this whole episode regarding the Role of the Media in the UK.

I think often stories bear little truth and contain points to suit their own agenda.

However the media exists warts and all and it is probably in the clubs interest to accomodate them rather than doing the opposite

Perhaps he should get a little advice on how to handle them better so as a fan I receive more valid information than I am at the present.

I obviously read this forum for information but most is rumour and conjecture which is not really surprising very little which is posted ever comes to be but we all discuss and sometimes get cross with fellow posters who have different takes on the situation

Martin Samuel is the one who should be the target of NC's critiscism rather than Lawrie and MLT.

Precisely their comments reflected most posters on the Forum.

I am sure they were only answering questions put to them not ring up the media demanding Pardew should stay

Having caught up with the entire thread some thoughts.

NC is right to have a dig at MLT about the damage caused by Pinnacle taking that exclusive period, that was a one month delay when they never had the funds.

Imagine that month with ML & AP actually having a pre-season. AND the point is, I was lucky enough to meet MLT when he did an event here (with other local fans) and over a malibu HE knows it is a blot on his copybook, just how he rolls his eyes, grimaces and says "yeah I know" before you can even get in to the subject.

As for then having a dig because of their comments, ANYONE who has ever had to be interviewed or asked for a comment from their own work by any type of Journalist will know that they will only "remember" what they view as "Salient Points".

So if a Journo asks What do you think about the speculation about AP? ANY answer that you give can be interpreted how the Journo wants.

"I think the speculation is just that and it is stupid" will lead to the next question where you would say that "I think AP has done a great job this year". Which can suddenly become "MLT thinks Cortese would be stupid to sack AP" which is totally NOT what you ACTUALLY said

So they DO deserve the slap on the wrist, anyone who ever opens their mouth to the Media with whatever intentions can end up looking and sounding like LLS :-)

Having caught up with the entire thread some thoughts.

NC is right to have a dig at MLT about the damage caused by Pinnacle taking that exclusive period, that was a one month delay when they never had the funds.

Imagine that month with ML & AP actually having a pre-season. AND the point is, I was lucky enough to meet MLT when he did an event here (with other local fans) and over a malibu HE knows it is a blot on his copybook, just how he rolls his eyes, grimaces and says "yeah I know" before you can even get in to the subject.

As for then having a dig because of their comments, ANYONE who has ever had to be interviewed or asked for a comment from their own work by any type of Journalist will know that they will only "remember" what they view as "Salient Points".

So if a Journo asks What do you think about the speculation about AP? ANY answer that you give can be interpreted how the Journo wants.

"I think the speculation is just that and it is stupid" will lead to the next question where you would say that "I think AP has done a great job this year". Which can suddenly become "MLT thinks Cortese would be stupid to sack AP" which is totally NOT what you ACTUALLY said

So they DO deserve the slap on the wrist, anyone who ever opens their mouth to the Media with whatever intentions can end up looking and sounding like LLS :-)

I miss that old rascal!!!!!!!!!

Precisely their comments reflected most posters on the Forum.

I am sure they were only answering questions put to them not ring up the media demanding Pardew should stay

MLT and LM arent young and inexperienced. They know full well how the media operates and that whatever they say will used for maximum effect. As Dubai Phil says, if you dont want to be drawn into the controversy and fan the flames of a non story - say nothing.

Nobody says it is a conspiracy, nobody said it's because of this board that he didn't get sacked etc.

Some people, including myself feel that he may have had his hand forced into keeping Pardew... when there is 100% backing from fans and the more influential ex-Saints making comments in the press and media, you don't go and sack him a couple of days before season tickets go on sale.

That is a FACT

Whether or not that is the reason, who knows. I am just glad that for whatever reason, we are going to have continuity and Pardew is staying.

NC has put out all the rubbish people / papers have been saying over the last few months and still people question it be a conspiracy!

Stu(pid), How come your "Mole" didnt no Alan was at St Marys yesterday having the meeting? ITK my arse!

Honestly! :rolleyes: Some people! :rolleyes: 2+2 = 9 anyone!

Excellent statement. Makes clear the intention to aim for the very top and includes acknowledgement of Pardew's work this season.

Right to dismiss rumours as not worth responding to, otherwises he'd have to announce that Pardew was staying every time the sinking Sun printed any baseless speculation over any vacant job.

Re Laurie Mac and Le Tiss, they get paid for what they write and since its reasonable to assume they both still love this club, they shouldn't use past connections to try to make money. Get back on board guys.

As for Pinnacle, I think a lot of people felt that Le Tiss was mistaken in allowing his name to be used when he didn't personally know enough about them. It was a mistake, unintentional, but a mistake. Just a shame that Cortese should raise it again as its water under the bridge now.

Very direct, to the point statement, just what was needed. I thought the jibes at Lawrie and MLT were unneccessary, they could have been ignored, after all they were only responding to the rumours and supporting AP. I wish NC had mentioned ML somewhere though.

Well nothing really of course. However, given that stories clearly based on unfounded rumours didn't stop masses of discussion on here about what was happening it's nice to have something definite to talk about !

PS Can we now finally close all the AP is leaving threads please :D

Amen to that ;)

Very direct, to the point statement, just what was needed. I thought the jibes at Lawrie and MLT were unneccessary, they could have been ignored, after all they were only responding to the rumours and supporting AP. I wish NC had mentioned ML somewhere though.

ML only has a taste for big games now.....Stated ..:biggrin:not to be disturbed until we get to Wembley again or European finals.

MLT and LM arent young and inexperienced. They know full well how the media operates and that whatever they say will used for maximum effect. As Dubai Phil says, if you dont want to be drawn into the controversy and fan the flames of a non story - say nothing.

They have every right to say what they did getting behind Pardew is important I would have thought

I disagree MLT and LM should have been more professional than to get involved in the rumour mill, their high profile only makes the rumour situation worse.

I still love em both though ! ( in a manly way of course ! ):rolleyes:

NC has put out all the rubbish people / papers have been saying over the last few months and still people question it be a conspiracy!

Stu(pid), How come your "Mole" didnt no Alan was at St Marys yesterday having the meeting? ITK my arse!

Honestly! :rolleyes: Some people! :rolleyes: 2+2 = 9 anyone!

There is no conspiracy!

Pardew is our manager, which is good news.

The point I was making is that it is pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that Cortese and Pardew have a 'strained' relationship, you can even make that out from reading the statement... with only a very slight and indirect compliment to Alan Pardew.

Oh, and Pardew wasn't there between 8:30 and 1pm yesterday and nobody was in the boardroom... maybe they had the meeting at the training ground? Or maybe Alan's house? Or somewhere else? Who cares now?

I like what he says but a little worried about the way he said it.

Sounds like it is his baby, his vision and his only and he ain't going to listen to anyone else.

Has its merits but, actually, it ain't just his baby. He needs to chill and keep the fans and the staff on board and happy, even if that means being a bit more cuddly towards the Echo whether they are crap or not.

The rumours were partly his fault - for saying what he did mid season, never really praising AP and keeping quiet for so long.

No. he doesn't have to answer every rumour, but it might be better if he did, and did it with a bit more style. He might not like LM but at least LM had exactly the right way of dealing with the media. NC can learn from those with more experience than he has in all things football. It is not always a good thing to believe that you know best.

See posts 79 and 81, assume it's referring to MLT but you'd need to ask the original poster whom I only quoted!

I assumed as much, but if anyone is going to leap to the defence of slagging our god MLT, the least we can do is get his name right once out of the two times we use his name.......lol

great statement, we are in good hands.

There has been disharmony behind the scenes, perhaps on reflection NC accepts that the delay caused by Pinnacle was more of a factor in our final position than AP's performance, thus the minor swipe.

Matt shouldn't be offended, he was taken on board a failed bid that didn't assist us, not his fault and it is ancient history - and NC could be a little more tactful but if he takes us to the Prem, I don't care what he says.

All is well and I feel good about next season.

So Matt is still a legend, NC is ML's man at the helm and for me ML can do no wrong, AP is still on course, every family has minor squabbles, onwards and upwards!

The future is still very red and white.