Message from NC - discuss

Tractor_Saint

The 'Southampton Style' ...is that like the Arsenal style, widely regarded as the best footballing style to watch??? I don't think that's going to take off! Not unless we make champions league in 5/6 years time and all of a sudden develop our own footballing style thats somehow managed to go under the radar to the rest of the footballing world all this time (i.e not hoof ball, not playing rough like stoke and not playing classy like arsenal)...

Other than that, surely Matty's comments were born out of confusion out of a lack of a statement for so long about Pardews future? We have all been speculating on here for weeks now partly because of media hysteria (the echo) and partly due to the silence coming from the club i.e NC ...So although I'm happy he's finally come out and given a solid statement showing he's one hard mother ..I don't think he can turn round and say its not fair that people like Matty have been giving Pards their backing ...FFS we have all been in the dark for quite a while now, if you have known this was going to be the set up for next season all along, why not give the statement earlier and nip it in the bud? After all, it's not like it's an end of season statement where he talks much about the future, its mostly concerned with clearing up the rumors, so why now and not a week or so ago when the rumors were really getting moment? Perhaps he just doesn't like to be rushed... Either way, I'm happy he's done the business as a professional chairman like him would, but not over joyed at the somewhat ironic digg's at our idol when he is the one that has helped perpetuate the rumors by taking so bloody long to respond.

and those who 'spoke to Markus' 'Saw Hughes at the training ground' 'encountered pardew moaning about cortese' crawl under the rock you came out of or go back down the parks and wait for the school holidays

Good comments by NC, just a little confused as to the dig at MLT, have I missed something?, can anyone enlighten me.

There can be little doubt that Cortese believes the chances of reaching the play offs would have improved without Pinnacles involvement. Most of all he is just ****ed off with having to take time out of running the club to respond to idle gossip. Matty should know better by now, for what he believes is for the good of the club, seem to be having the opposite effect. The latest round would never have changed Cortese's mind, but easily promote enough doubts to make Pardew consider else where.

I don't doubt that Matty's intentions were for the good of Saints, but when you keep making the same mistakes, "Let's face it Matty, you ain't here for the hunting?"

did anyone else feel a bit emotional when reading that statement.

It shows that we are a proper football club, being run correctly and with big BIG ambitions.

NC is an absolute genius and every time he speaks he speaks great sense and gets the (great majority) of fans back on side.

long may it continue.

I LOVE THIS CLUB

Bridgey.....I had tears;) Always luvved you and your attacking style...

I must admit I love SFC more than you though...Let me wipe those tears from my eyes:biggrin:

Excellent statement, but NC should stop worrying about pundits making comments and papers writing stories because that is not ever going to change.

Pundits and reporters have jobs to do - just accept it.

To be honest, I think he does ignore them. What he is saying is that WE should ignore them as well.

Gota love the Echos short reply. Completely ignoring the dig at them.

http://www.thisishampshire.net/sport/8163357.Saints_set_to_keep_Pardew/

The comments below the story are telling. I'm not going to criticise the Echo too much, however they do need to realise that however much they defend their right to print stories they feel compleed to write, and maintain their own professional integrity as an independent media outlet, if fans do stop buying the paper, they'll simply be shooting themselves in the foot.

That won't be good... the club needs a local paper to keep them on their toes, but in the right way.

I did like this comment though:

'I think Cortese is la lieing through his teeth. Lesson for him to learn here on the media front.' (sic)

lol.

Good move by Cortese. I'm glad he doesnt' respond every time the media start gossiping. In the long term it'll increase then sense of stability at the club, letting his actions speak louder than words.

However I wasn't too happy with his direct comments to individuals, I felt this wasn't the most helpful. We don't want to make enemies of our best friends in the media if we can avoid it.

Perhaps if the Echo recruited RESPONSIBLE journalists, who reported the FACTS, as opposed to stirring up the Sh*t just to sell copies, then perhaps Cortese would look upon them in a more favourable light

It used to be called Two Way Communication, built on TRUST:cool::)

This board really makes me sick. Some people thinking that the writers of this board can take credit for Cortese decision and some are that far up their own arse to think that if it weren for this two bob board Cortese would have stuck to a different decision!!! People on here have sad sad lives why not all club together with your wealth of football knowledge, contacts and finance and set up FC Saintsweb or something and do one!!

You wanted a statement now you got it you try and even claim he still wants rid!!?? ****s the ****ing lot of you

Yeah, I agree....you get some right old tripe posted on here sometimes....

post_old.gif 18-08-2008, 08:50 PM

Lance user_online.gif

icon1.gif

The company taking over are DP World (Dubai Ports international) Who have recently acquired SCT and Freightliner in the docks. It is on the cards I was told this 5weeks ago and it would be 6wks-2months to happen. Normally dont believe rumours but when you hear it from the horses mouth. . . . . . .

quote.gif

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=19754#post19754

;)

What an excellent response thanks NC glad we will have AP leading us forward next season. We've been suffering from all the old Chinese whispers that have made a lot of us paranoid. The press are getting nothing from this organisation, so are picking up half truths interpreting half heard conversations wrongly!

Lets get this right since NC/ML took over when they have anything to say its because a deal is done, or they have an announcement to make about the club. He has had his fingers burned trying to deal in a professional manor with the Echo, & is IMHO has no trust in the media, so will not discuss behind the scene's mater's with any media outlet. Time to put our trust firmly behind the club & its bosses & get a siege mentality were Saints & everyone else can F**k off especially the Daily Fail C**TS.

To be honest, Le Tissier deserved it. Pinnacle were time wasting morons, and not everyone was sucked in as easy as MLT and some on here.

This statement clears up any mis-givings about the state of our club, and shows that outsiders will no longer influence decisions from within. People can write what they want, but i fully trust the ML and NC are acting upon the best interests of our club, and people who were once loved and adored by the fans on the pitch and no the sidelines, should keep there negative views to themselves.

Amen.

Perhaps if the Echo recruited RESPONSIBLE journalists, who reported the FACTS, as opposed to stirring up the Sh*t just to sell copies, then perhaps Cortese would look upon them in a more favourable light

It used to be called Two Way Communication, built on TRUST:cool::)

To be fair, the Echo is now pursuing its agenda mostly as a result of Cortese banning them for no particularly good reason regarding the training ground plans. So he's only got himself to blame for that one - and if he was putting out an olive branch regarding how they can get "news" instead of "gossip" it's a funny way to do it...

A welcome read,although a little overdue.

I feel the pop at former Saints was unnecessary.MLT,Lawrie et al were only stating what the majority of fans were saying/thinking,and unless I have missed it were not critical of NC.

It's a bit hypocritical of some on here also to condemn Lawrie etc for expressing opinions that mirror the majority on this board on such an important issue.Despite not wanting to respond to idle gossip,which I understand,this could have been nipped in the bud over a week ago.

Overall its encouraging,onwards and upwards!!

I'm reassured that Pardew seems to be staying, but the undertones of paranoia are still there, seeing conspiracies where there aren't any. It's the hallmark of an insecure leader, if you ask me.

I think you are right. NC is young keen and arrogant. He is also naieve if he thinks he can call the shots re the press. This is the UK and we just love to shoot down anyone who has become successful. We are third tier now so off the radar of the tabloids. If he has any sense he will appoint a PR front man in due course. After all even Hitler needed Goebbels!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Various figures with past associations to the Club have been quick to voice their opinions, among them a long time former manager, and former players, one of whom was associated with a so-called consortium which delayed for an important few weeks last summer our plans to stabilise the Club.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT SURE A DIG AT MLT IS NECESSARY !!

Other than, very reassuring. Roll on next season.

I repeat.... Mail + Echo = B0llocks.

Spot on statement from NC.

dare i say the source of all this crap was Adam Blakemore from BBC Solent who in the running upto the Southend Game whipped up a frenzy with the whole "a source close to the boardroom" debacle.

Reading between the lines I suspect this was a make or break meeting and Alan Pardew wanted to stay enough to agree to whatever NC required. Looks like the long ball game will disappear.

Come on coach.....Even the big teams like Chelsea, Man Utd and Pompey use that long ball more than Saints....

:rolleyes:

An excellent statement from a thoroughly professional businessman who understands the benefit of continuity, not only for the staff, but at Southampton FC because until RL we were a family club who looked after its own.

I personally think it right that Lawrie Mac (for his muck stirring) and MLT (for the time wasted on his failed consortium) get a mention.

I think we all recognise the Echo as the local gutter press.

COYR

dare i say the source of all this crap was Adam Blakemore from BBC Solent who in the running upto the Southend Game whipped up a frenzy with the whole "a source close to the boardroom" debacle.

Pretty much everything Solent's said about it has been proven to be utter cobblers. "Markus upset at performance", "Discussing Pardew's future Weds", "meeting postponed", all rendered incorrect by Cortese's statement.

Got this from Adam on Twitter last night when i asked about a possible meeting between AP and NC-

solentsport

@saint_stevo - "meeting" story came from mail - my own view is that everybody's reading too much into it, cheers Adam

A very firm, well constructed and welcome statement from NC.

Here is a man wholly in charge of his strategy and knows what must be done to achieve it - And he will not be diverted by any outside influences, whether they be well meaning or not!

His stock just gets higher with me. :smt023

Another shot across the bows from Cortese, it is clear he cares not for the reputations of those that were before him and have doubts as to whether that is a good thing, as, although they have left themselves open for criticism due to their alliances some of those he has had a pop at will always be considered legends but that too comes with responsibility.

I am glad he seems focused on the most important thing which is our clubs success.

Edited by INFLUENCED.COM

I thought it was very funny. Not sure if it was deliberate, but very funny.

Well given the post in full was :

Good statement but be careful about slagging marty. He would never do anything to harm this club and just because things are better now we should never forget how much he did for the club. Don't slag natty of that's out if order.

I'm not really inclined to think it was deliberate but it was funny to be sure!

This board can f*ck off.

Yep. Absolutely. And as Winnersaint says, Quality Reponse.

For the first time in decades, we have a quality, professional, focused Chief Exec that is going to return us to the big-time and the hangers on can f**k right off.

Yesterdays meeting was exactly what many of us thought - a standard business review and planning session.

I for one think the club is in the best hands possible.

Well given the post in full was :

Good statement but be careful about slagging marty. He would never do anything to harm this club and just because things are better now we should never forget how much he did for the club. Don't slag natty of that's out if order.

I'm not really inclined to think it was deliberate but it was funny to be sure!

Who is this Marty and Natty you speak of??

Great statement apart from slagging off Lawrie Mac & LE Tiss. They were only showing their support for AP as were most supporters. Neither would do or say anything to harm the club and the majority of us would like to see them honoured in some way rather than having these comments thrown at them!

NC would have been far better slagging off the Daily Mail who for the umpteenth time have published unsubstantiated speculation as fact.

Apart from the tiny pop at MLT, everything else is just perfect.

Sorry, despite his legend status amongst us all, he is not above criticism.

I will not criticise him for his Pinnacle role, he was doing his bit to try to save the club.

However, he should have kept his gob shut about AP.

The guy can say no wrong in my book (atm)....That is a fantastically well written statement and a big middle finger up at doubters and speculaters.

Again, everything seems incredibly positive and I can't help but feel that he REALLY wants to make us one of the best (in every department) and biggest clubs in the country....Hopefully in a few years we can be playing in UEFA cup finals too.....

It did occur to me last night also that football has gone mad when we are in League 1 and Blackpool could be playing at Old Trafford next year. The disparity in everything about the 2 clubs is staggering.

Hopefully under NC's guidance we should start making massive strides each year, much like we have this season....fingers crossed it continues.

While of course Matt is a Saints legend and will always be so, it does not mean that he is always right about things - Especially his misreading of the Pinnacle bid.

Cortese is absolutely correct that the Pinnacle bid delayed our preparations and pre-season and while I accept Matt's role within it was a figurehead and not a decision maker - The main Pinnacle people were tyrekickers of the first order and the time they wasted certainly did not help Pards in being able to hit the ground running.

Cortese did not mention anybody by name but he is right to say to anybody casting rumours " Butt Out" !