Message from NC - discuss

Tractor_Saint

That is quality....and I for one am glad he has cleared up all that once and for all.

In future we have this statement to point to as an example.

Well done Nicola...now lets get on with the serious business of winning games and improving the team further you have done a great job so far.

Decent statement... he is not going to gain friends by having a pop at Le Tiss though.

Still - SORT THE F*CKING SEASON TICKETS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le Tiss is and will always be a legend to all Saints fans but that doesn't shroud the fact that his judgement can sometimes be ... misguided. His backing of the Pinnacle consortium showed this, and now his comments to the Echo seem to highlight it again. Admittedly, none of us know the exact context and form of the interveiw, but he still gave it rather than declining to comment, as his other option would have been.

At last! All becomes clear :-

NC - Nicola Cortese

NC - Nineteen Canteen!!

I would say one thing though, it would not surprise me, especially taking his digs at Mac, Le Tiss, Benali and Keegans comments, if he had the intention of sacking Pardew but the ex-Saints made it a no-go and PR nightmare for Cortese to sack him , what with Season Tickets just about to be announced.

Furthermore, I will not respond to every piece of idle speculation. We have too much development work to do to waste time on such pursuits, and my time is dedicated to that work.

I can't imagine to which Saints Fans Forum he might be alluding/responding to there...?!

Le Tiss is and will always be a legend to all Saints fans but that doesn't shroud the fact that his judgement can sometimes be ... misguided. His backing of the Pinnacle consortium showed this, and now his comments to the Echo seem to highlight it again. Admittedly, none of us know the exact context and form of the interveiw, but he still gave it rather than declining to comment, as his other option would have been.

I am out of the loop here, what did MLT say to the echo?

I really am in love with this club again.

Integrity, professionalism, ever increasing community-spirit, and finance to drive us forward.

Optimisim is a thing we have rarely had the taste of over the past decade.

I would say one thing though, it would not surprise me, especially taking his digs at Mac, Le Tiss, Benali and Keegans comments, if he had the intention of sacking Pardew but the ex-Saints made it a no-go and PR nightmare for Cortese to sack him , what with Season Tickets just about to be announced.

Didn't MacMenemy and Keegan in particular stick up for Pardew though? Not sure as I didn't read 'them' articles...

I don't believe for a second he would be swayed by anything the media or ex-Saints say.

Conspiracy Theories Rule!!

You forgot the smiley/winky thing at the end of your post. I hope.

A great response from NC to clear the air. I like the way that he stated that he didn't have the time, nor the inclination to respond to the tittle-tattle from those in the media or supposed insiders who had past associations with the club.

This was a statement imploring us to accept that he knows what he wants and how to get it, that he and Pardew want the same things and that we should not take any notice of anything that is said by others.

I particularly liked the reiteration that he felt the club was like his baby and that he enjoyed working with Pardew and watching the club develop and grow. His plans for the future, the training facilities, the encouragement of bringing through the youth players are all great signs that his association with the club is long term.

Above all, it was a reassurance that the OS was to be trusted as the accurate source of news, not that tawdry local rag, The Echo. When he arrived and following the Radio Solent forum, most appreciated the fact that he was a professional businessman who went about things in a dignified and proper fashion. Seemingly some doubts had crept in and now he has addressed them and restored my confidence in him and I'm sure that many others will think the same.

Didn't MacMenemy and Keegan in particular stick up for Pardew though? Not sure as I didn't read 'them' articles...

That's what I mean, Keegan, Benali, Matty and Mac all stuck up for Pardew.

Which makes Cortese's job of sacking Pardew alot harder, as the interviews they gave the Echo summed up the public feeling about Pardew and backed Cortese into a corner because of fans reactions to speculation... in the same ( although opposite!? ) situation with Hoddle not coming here under Lowe.

It seems to me that Cortese had his hand dealt for him by the fans and ex-Saints, and it wasn't necessarily the deal he wanted.

Having said that, I am happy we still have Pardew here.

So, for the avoidance of any doubt, our policies and decisions will only be made by me and the Club's Executive Committee and only in the interests of the Club as a whole. This is our guiding principle.

Who are the Club's "executive committee"?

Exactly what we all needed to hear, lock most of the threads on here now mods im off for my summers break ;)

Good statement but be careful about slagging marty. He would never do anything to harm this club and just because things are better now we should never forget how much he did for the club. Don't slag natty of that's out if order.

What a fantastic statement by NC!! He certainly holds no prisoners and will not allow anyone to undermine him or the club regardless of previous heroics! Love that! In regard LeTiss and Lawrie they should know better than to listen to idle gossip but Im sure would only be answering approaches by The Echo for thief thoughts!!

It's great that NC mentions "alan and me" several times and that they have fun!

We truly are very fortunate to have Marcus, Nicola, and Alan at our club and no one should forget that. I know people on here come from the "what if (worst case scenario)" point of view will warn of failure but that word does not even enter Corteses mind.

Sit back and enjoy the ride everyone, it's going to be amazing!!!

Good statement but be careful about slagging marty. He would never do anything to harm this club and just because things are better now we should never forget how much he did for the club. Don't slag natty of that's out if order.

Marty, natty :smt102

What's to discuss?

Spot on, thank you NC.

Well, actually, the only thing to discuss is the fact whilst we can never stop the rumour mill, you'd think it was about time that fans actually put a little trust in the club and it's new owners, and didn't start jumping to conclusions based on wholly unsubstantiated evidence.

+1

Thank you Nicola.

Exactly the response I was hoping to hear from the club. Hopefully we can rest assured that any speculation we might see or hear, whilst under our current ownership and management, is exactly that - nothing more than speculation.

I'll keep reading the gossip but I'm not going to believe anything until the club itself makes an announcement.

Glad AP is still with us - hopefully for many years to come

"Our fans and staff should be reassured that I will only make decisions affecting our future based on sound football and business thinking and not on the whims of a local newspaper keen to maximise readership or pundits whose agendas are unclear. Furthermore, I will not respond to every piece of idle speculation. We have too much development work to do to waste time on such pursuits, and my time is dedicated to that work."

Great stuff.

Just one small point MLT was approached by Begbies Traynor to front up Pinnacle. His only mistake was to do so on Begbies Traynor's assurance that Pinnacle had the money and if Begbies had verified that properly the current owners would have taken over earlier and we would in all likelihood have been promoted last season. I do not think MLT LMcM et al have done anyone any favours responding in the Echo to a a story fabricated in the large by the Echo itself. Let us move on.

COYR

Edited by LostBoys
left out COYR

did anyone else feel a bit emotional when reading that statement.

It shows that we are a proper football club, being run correctly and with big BIG ambitions.

NC is an absolute genius and every time he speaks he speaks great sense and gets the (great majority) of fans back on side.

long may it continue.

I LOVE THIS CLUB

I must admit I was in the ambivalent camp regarding whether Pardew was staying or not.....indeed, part of me was a little excited by who our next manager might be as Cortese would have had to have aimed pretty high IMO to out trump Pardew's CV, but having read that article I actually feel a huge sense of relief that Pardew is staying.

COYR!!!!

10/10 Statement.

Lowe, Big Mac, LeTiss, Benali etc all played there part in our history and for that we thank them but NC is 100% correct in only concentrating on the now and the future.

The Echo is just desperate.

If we dont all follow and give our 100% support ultimately we could possibly lose one fantastic chairman

This board really makes me sick. Some people thinking that the writers of this board can take credit for Cortese decision and some are that far up their own arse to think that if it weren for this two bob board Cortese would have stuck to a different decision!!! People on here have sad sad lives why not all club together with your wealth of football knowledge, contacts and finance and set up FC Saintsweb or something and do one!!

You wanted a statement now you got it you try and even claim he still wants rid!!?? ****s the ****ing lot of you

NC is an absolute genius and every time he speaks he speaks great sense and gets the (great majority) of fans back on side

Of course, and without wishing to put a dampner on things, the more 'genius' like he gets the more likely it he will attract the attention of other (supposedly bigger) clubs.

My message would be: "Get good at this football club running malarkey Nicola, but don't get TOO good quite so soon...!"

;)