EBS1980

Do you like the new 125 year crest  

1,071 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new 125 year crest

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

a2t0ut.jpg

Needs to be emailed to the club, for use in the future. Would be too late now for 2010/11.

That would be quality as our actual logo, maybe with EST on the left, and 1885 on the right. Probably too late for the 125 years celebratory crest?

Email it to the club, love to see that instead of our current one, but with the adjustments i said ;)

a2t0ut.jpg

Needs to be emailed to the club, for use in the future. Would be too late now for 2010/11.

That is about 500 times better....i just can;t see how any graphic designer would think that the big red 125 was a good idea when something far more delicate like this can be done.

So much better...

a2t0ut.jpg

i have been battered on here for whinging about ball on crest, the old one was ace, this is a step up, please make this happen. thank you thank you.

ps

i dont care if i am sad

it makes you wonder where the club got the designers from?

guys on the web forums came up with a much better design, not a total redesign by any means - just the obvious tweaks.

such a shame that it's too late to change it now.

guys on the web forums came up with a much better design, not a total redesign by any means - just the obvious tweaks.

It needn't be too late really but it does make you wonder what the 500+ people who voted on how much they like the new red blob crest where seeing that I'm not! :-p

you say that..yet look at the results at the top of the screen..

If the club can recall circa 5,000 programmes for an apparently minor gaff, that no-one as yet can identify, taking the full loss of not just income but refunding advertisers...then surely they could at least consider an alternative to the comic relief badge.

Not a reall gaff in the greater scheme of things but many clearly feel that some form of consulation with fans is due.

you say that..yet look at the results at the top of the screen..

But that was before people began discussing any alternatives. Perhaps a new poll on the merits of the gold-edged football one is appropriate but that might just feed the Echo another story with which toi beat NC with (as if they need an excuse).

FWIW, I think the Saints badge could do with a complete redesign. Why not use the 125th anniversary as a kick start to a new era, and hence new badge..?

Agreed. And this one, the city crest, grand enough for our 125 year anniversary and also includes the rose shield a previous badge (tho' never actually worn on a shirt I believe). The shield has been popping up on a number of things around the city (like street name signs) in recent years so connects with the club.

sccg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think this is the best one by far

a2t0ut.jpg

(Credit - http://www.flickr.com/photos/50158367@N02/4603768374/)

If this I'd personally make one other adjustment and replace the 'New Forest' tree with a 'Southampton' Ship (not necessarily this one , just to give an idea....)

crestq.jpg

Agreed. And this one, the city crest, grand enough for our 125 year anniversary and also includes the rose shield a previous badge (tho' never actually worn on a shirt I believe). The shield has been popping up on a number of things around the city (like street name signs) in recent years so connects with the club.

sccg.jpg

I think this is the best one by far

a2t0ut.jpg

(Credit - http://www.flickr.com/photos/50158367@N02/4603768374/)

If this I'd personally make one other adjustment and replace the 'New Forest' tree with a 'Southampton' Ship (not necessarily this one , just to give an idea....)

crestq.jpg

Like that - could somebody email it to the club (please)?

a2t0ut.jpg

That is 1000% better, The :mad: is utter shi te. The ball looks class brings the whole thing together and gives new life to the old crest. Personally I would stick with the 1885 2010 either side like the club one but thats just nit picking.

Sadly it would be too late to change now, im sure all the kits are already produced boxed up in a sweat shop in Taiwan.

WTF were they thinking, I have read only a handful of "i like it" comments and loads of " thats ****" how come 65% voted yes??!!

a2t0ut.jpg

That is 1000% better, The :mad: is utter shi te. The ball looks class brings the whole thing together and gives new life to the old crest. Personally I would stick with the 1885 2010 either side like the club one but thats just nit picking.

Sadly it would be too late to change now, im sure all the kits are already produced boxed up in a sweat shop in Taiwan.

WTF were they thinking, I have read only a handful of "i like it" comments and loads of " thats ****" how come 65% voted yes??!!

It's because the anti's are always the most vocal (in written forum terms). People who like it have voted and probably not seen the need to comment. I think it's alright and will grow on us. I do agree the above one is a better effort but I've never been a fan of our badge and would prefer a complete redesign rather than the odd bit of tinkering, here and there.

Can someone with some know-how try and do the above design (which i think is absoluely brilliant by the way) with the black and gold in the name at the bottom inverted? So 'Southampton FC' is written in black against a gold background...

a2t0ut.jpg

Get it sent.....NOW!

We don't know the release date of the shirts yet and the blob design might've only just been signed off. Why would they hold onto it once it was agreed.

This one is tops but if someone wanted to show us a side profile of the QE2 in black in place of the New Forest, then I'd like to see it.

That is almost perfect as a current badge redesign. As you have two white roses in the white section, I would suggest the Bargate [from a previous suggestion] to replace the single white rose in the red section. Someone care to try..?

find me a pic and il incorporate it if i can

Here's the complete history of our badge/crest I can find. Admittedly it has regularly been tweaked over the years.

sfcbadges.jpg

Personally I'm not a fan of the 125 red nose proposal, i just don't think it has enough grandeur for the celebration of such a milestone. i don't mind the use of gold but I like it even less learning it was an Oldknow commissioned job. Yes the crest should move on but evolution not revolution, as Coventry found out a couple of seasons ago.

I thought I'd reveal something I've been working for years (quite literally), so here's my turn :-)

125.jpg

The wreath & crown i have taken from the original club crest. The oak, the river itchen from the 70's version, as well as incorporating the halo (without making it look like a cartoon character). Also included are the 3 roses (2 red, 1 white) from the 40's-60's crests and of course the red & white stripes. I think the scarf ends are so unique to Saints they have to be included.

Plus it doesn't look another clubs crest

allclubs.gif

Every designer at every agency that has worked with Saints has had a stab at this. I think the commercial staff at Saints are now bored of me sending stuff & harassing them.

Please let us know your thoughts. Cheers GS

Here's the complete history of our badge/crest I can find. Admittedly it has regularly been tweaked over the years.

sfcbadges.jpg

Personally I'm not a fan of the 125 red nose proposal, i just don't think it has enough grandeur for the celebration of such a milestone. i don't mind the use of gold but I like it even less learning it was an Oldknow commissioned job. Yes the crest should move on but evolution not revolution, as Coventry found out a couple of seasons ago.

I thought I'd reveal something I've been working for years (quite literally), so here's my turn :-)

125.jpg

The wreath & crown i have taken from the original club crest. The oak, the river itchen from the 70's version, as well as incorporating the halo (without making it look like a cartoon character). Also included are the 3 roses (2 red, 1 white) from the 40's-60's crests and of course the red & white stripes. I think the scarf ends are so unique to Saints they have to be included.

Plus it doesn't look another clubs crest

allclubs.gif

Every designer at every agency that has worked with Saints has had a stab at this. I think the commercial staff at Saints are now bored of me sending stuff & harassing them.

Please let us know your thoughts. Cheers GS

Love it!

Someone needs to contact saints and get this in place. The red nose looks even worse in the line up against past badges. almost embarrassing.

125.jpg

Love it, sooo much nicer than the new designed one. Send it to the club!!

Looks nice, I'd just suggest a little too busy. I'd ditch the tree and the other two roses - keep the sea at the top and just the white rose and halo more central.

In reality can't see the club changing it now, they've already unveiled it as the new crest and I'm sure shirts, merchandise, etc. are already in production.

Good effort though.