125yr Crest, see it here....

EBS1980

Do you like the new 125 year crest  

1,071 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new 125 year crest

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

What's not to like. I like our crest anyway, and this doesn't spoil it. I suppose it could have been better, but it could also have been much, much worse. (A grinning smile of Rupert Lowe holding an "I love Saints" banner would make a terrible crest...)

I like the revisions apart from the rather gormless "125" and red blob.

That should be left how it was, or replaced with a picture of Markus' head IMO.

Oi! Photoshoppers...

can't believe no one has done the honours yet. :)

crestedit.th.jpg

Would of preffered this.

In your 4 word sentence, you have managed to grammatically f*ck up twice.

Would 'have' and 'preferred'. Good effort though.

As for the crest itself, your image there is much better. As said earlier, the 125, where the football should be, is just horrible.

Edited by B Rabbit

I voted 'not sure' because I'm not the greatest fan of our current crest in any case and would have liked something like the YMA mock up posted previously. As others have said, it will grow on people and making the halo all gold, is a definite improvement.

Looks good IMO.

I can see why some are complaining about the red ball but at the end of the day, it's just a badge.

I'm more interested to see the kit that it'll be on!

it might be "just a badge" but it is the symbol of the club, our emblem that is shown in the media and it is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.

The current badge only looked decent with the old style football. It then changed to the new style one which looked shlt and this one is even worse.

1/10 for effort

The gold touch is nice, but i agree with pretty much everyone here - the red ''125'' is wrong. The wrong colour and the wrong font.

it's just a crest though at the end of the day, it will look so much different when it's on the shirts imo.

I voted 'not sure' because I'm not the greatest fan of our current crest in any case and would have liked something like the YMA mock up posted previously. As others have said, it will grow on people and making the halo all gold, is a definite improvement.

Agree, would prefer...

sccb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...the badge should reflect the 'city' the football club represents, our current crest should have had a 'kin big ship rather than a 'New Forest' tree on it!

In your 4 word sentence, you have managed to grammatically f*ck up twice.

Would 'have' and 'preferred'. Good effort though.

As for the crest itself, your image there is much better. As said earlier, the 125, where the football should be, is just horrible.

I can't edit what I type because I'm not a full member. I typed that in a hurry, sorry it bothers you but I'm not on here for English lesson.

I think the majority would prefer having the football instead of the red 125.

Not sure TBH - that 125 logo where the ball should be looks like it comes from Comic Relief on first sight. Maybe it'll grow on me!

Will look alot better when stitched rather than printed... the 125 wont look so in your face when sown... will look good on a shirt I think

I don't understand why we need the 125 on the crest. The two dates tell us that there is 125 years of the club. Put the ball back on.

I don't like the 125 but I'm not going to cry about it. I still think the kit will look awesome.

crestedit.th.jpg

Would of preffered this.

Agree with the above, I can't wait to get the new sponsorless shirt the red blob will be insignificant.

Meh, it's okay. Not a huge fan of the 125 Comic Relief ball at the top, but the rest of it is fine. Just thought we'd have something a bit more different to celebrate the 125 years rather than just changing around a few colours and replacing the football with a clown's nose. Still, i'm sure we'll all think it's great when we see it on the shirts, would be quite unfair to write it off now!

Assuming it sits on a red sash, the red blob / nose / lottery ball / bingo ball / bubblegum will just blend into the background anyway.

But it does look a tad pants standing alone, and I do dislike the tacky gold.

I still saif "yes" though, could be worse.

You can please some of the people some of the time...

I quite like it, but agree the red nose is less than convincing.

I wonder if a controlled voting system on a few designs for the new home kit and anniversary crest might have been the way forward. By controlled of course, I mean skate sobotage proof.

You can please some of the people some of the time...

I quite like it, but agree the red nose is less than convincing.

I wonder if a controlled voting system on a few designs for the new home kit and anniversary crest might have been the way forward. By controlled of course, I mean skate sobotage proof.

I demand it be on an alternative voting system,or I refuse to play.

I think this is the best one by far

a2t0ut.jpg

(Credit - http://www.flickr.com/photos/50158367@N02/4603768374/)

That looks SO much better Dan, hopefully the club will re-evaluate the design with the red blob I for one don't like it as it ruins the look of the design. I also quite like the idea of using a more "retro" crest seeing as this is a celebration of the history of our club.