125yr Crest, see it here....

EBS1980

Do you like the new 125 year crest  

1,071 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new 125 year crest

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Actually HATE the 125 where the football should be...it's far too 'in your face'.

Quite like the gold trim mind...it's subtle and quite 'posh' so to speak.

I don't understand why we need the 125 on the crest. The two dates tell us that there is 125 years of the club. Put the ball back on.

The '125' on the red ball is 'uckin horrible. Looks like it was designed by Fisher Price.

The gold is OK, and the dates on either side, but the ball ????!!!! FFS

that's what I thought, it looks terrible. like a red nose from comic relief

I hate to say this, but I've never really liked our crest. It always seemed poorly designed and old fashioned. We need a new one.

I never used to like it because it looked a bit 1970s and dated. Now I just think it looks deliberately retro.

Agree with others the 125 is a bit carp and unneccessary. They've already put '1885' and '2010' in - were not so thick we need someone to do the maths for us as well.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I never used to like it because it looked a bit 1970s and dated. Now I just think it looks deliberately retro.

Agree with others the 125 is a bit carp and unneccessary. They've already put '1885' and '2010' in - we're not so thick we need someone to do the maths for us as well.

Don't count on it...

On first glance I liked it and voted yes.

After reading the comments about the ball looking, well, a bit comic, I find myself agreeing.

I think it should be changed slightly by bringing the ball back, and changing the solid halo to a gold 125, to make the 125 look like a halo.

Hope you ollow what I mean!

If someone does, and who is far more cleverer :biggrin: than me, maybe they could put it up on here?

Simples :cool:

The font for the '125' is wrong, it looks too comic.

Tend to agree - would have preferred that they used the font that was employed on the dates either side of the crest. Other than that though - it's growing on me.

If we're sticking with the basis of existing logo, then this is a really good effort. The gold outline really lifts it and brings it closer to the modern era, sort of. Not sure about the red nose, but I will live with it as, Yeah...!! that horrid football has been junked at last. Truly that cartoon football is the worst thing about the existing badge.

I would like to see the 125 replaced by the word Saints maybe diagonally across the red circle in a swish written style, perhaps with each S outside the circle at each end. The 125 could go above the halo, but I agree it's not really necessary as we have the dates.

Personally, I think the existing badge has had it's day (the 1970s) and I would love a modern or even futuristic style of badge for the following year. This should be simplified (not a travelogue of the area) and based on the theme that we are the Saints, IMO.

If keeping the new logo after next season, then can the 125 and the shading below the circle and add the word Saints as per above and maybe replace the dates with ' Since 1885' or simply 18 - 85 either side of the shield.

Do NOT go back to the existing badge as it is, it's far too Roy of the Rovers comic book and not cutting edge enough for Mr Cortese's brave new era...