Calderon

thorpie the sinner

I'd rather we dotted the i's and crossed the t's on the Skacel deal first TBH

Why do people on this forum persist with the most unfunny joke about Skacel signing? Over and over, and over....again! It wasn't funny first time.

Maybe your comedy heroes were Bobby Davro & Gary Wilmot. If so, I apologise!

Why do people on this forum persist with the most unfunny joke about Skacel signing? Over and over, and over....again! It wasn't funny first time.

Maybe your comedy heroes were Bobby Davro & Gary Wilmot. If so, I apologise!

When was this?

We heard you the first time!

It doesn't get any more credible by keep repeating it!

:-)

Well maybe it does when said poster uses 2 of his 3 daily posts to repeat it !

In fact has now used all 3 so that is that until tomorrow at least :D

Calderon is actively looking for properties to rent in Southampton form 1st July for 3 years.....oh and he has a dog!

Done deal, and a good one i believe.

Why bring a dog ? He will be able to find plenty of those around town once he signs.

another strong, tall defender, Pardew really does know what he is doing doesn't he. We've gone from Skacel, Perry, Thomas, James to Harding Jardi, Fonte and possibly this lad. The days of getting mugged by long ball ****e like Watford are long gone.

He looks a `winner' and can quite clearly play. Very pleased indeed.

another strong, tall defender, Pardew really does know what he is doing doesn't he. We've gone from Skacel, Perry, Thomas, James to Harding Jardi, Fonte and possibly this lad. The days of getting mugged by long ball ****e like Watford are long gone.

He looks a `winner' and can quite clearly play. Very pleased indeed.

As long as he's tall, and can head the ball, then he has all the attributes to be a great defender.

Just ask Jaidi ;)

He looks decent, a great passer of the ball and a lot of possession goes through him which I like to see in a full back, unlike Otsemebor/James who look completely uncomfortable everytime the ball goes near them.

Put in a few telling crosses as well and it looks as if he can tackle, would be a great addition.

No offer from Saints yet according to the Brighton Argus, but he is definitely leaving. This is a good factual article with extensive on the record quotes about the local club by the local paper - exactly what the Echo should do -and doesnt.

Interestingly both owned by same company, obviously a sports editor problem then ??

According to the local rag:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/8170491.Race_is_on_for_Calderon/

I know, I know, it's only the Echo!

While, over on Saintslist, there was a mention that he had gone back to Spain to await developments. Apologies but I cannot now find the piece.

I don't think I'll be too bothered if we miss out on signing this bloke; he seems your typical mercenary money-grabbing arse. There's plenty of other decent English players who we could get on a Bosman whose wages would be a lot less then this guy, and who would probably show more loyalty to us.

Yeah, what a mercenary grabbing arse.

How dare he assess all his options when he should be signing for us yesterday. I bet he doesn't give 100%. Probably a bottle merchant. Look at his hair FFS. Obvioulsy likes a night out too.

What a ****. If we sign him I will boo like a berserker.

Yeah, what a mercenary grabbing arse.

How dare he assess all his options when he should be signing for us yesterday. I bet he doesn't give 100%. Probably a bottle merchant. Look at his hair FFS. Obvioulsy likes a night out too.

What a ****. If we sign him I will boo like a berserker.

Hilarious. Take Millwall's right-back tonight (Smith?), released by Swindon last season and signed on a free by Millwall. More than adequate for Div 3. With Calderon, we'd probably be looking at a 3-year contract on silly money.

Bit like Puncheon, sporadically a pretty good player, but is he really worth £1 million in wages over the duration of his contract at Saints?

People know we have money and will hold out for top wedge. Doesn't make them good players.