How do grass root liberals here feel

Thedelldays

I would be furious if I were a Liberal.

How Kennedy, Williams et al can not be angered by this I'll never know.

I wouldn't at all be suprised if some of the social democrats were preparing to 'come back home.'

Having voted for them, I accept they had no choice

Lib Dems have been hammering on about PR for years, PR is all about forming alliances

If they refused to work with the Tories it would have completely destroyed the PR argument.

Also, the Lib Dems want to be seen as a progressive party, so they were hardly going to align themselves with the big losers Labour.

They have got into power of some sort. Despite nearly three quaters of the country not voting for them

This is te closest they have got for god knows how long and actually get to put a few policies into practice

You guys wanted PR of some sort. Now you have it

This, even under PR I think that the Libs will remain the third party. Kingmakers but always the junior party.

Lib Dems have been hammering on about PR for years, PR is all about forming alliances

If they refused to work with the Tories it would have completely destroyed the PR argument.

Also, the Lib Dems want to be seen as a progressive party, so they were hardly going to align themselves with the big losers Labour.

What will interesting is how the Liberals stance impacts on their vote in their key area - the South West. I'm not sure whether their will be much of an impact, but was watching a report from Torbay where some scruffy looking leftie was complaining and perhaps the activist types will get the hump and switch to parties like the Greens or Labour, but by and large most liberal voters are believe it or not semi normal and will be happy that DC and NC have done what's best for the country. This is all assuming that the pact holds firm because if it doesn't and the Liberals are perceived as the ones that ****ed the country up it'll most certainly see a Conservative resurgence in the areas where they once dominated.

As for the Liberals north of the midlands then I think they're in trouble what ever happens.

Out of all the political 'debate' amongst us, this one truth stands head and shoulders above it all. Well done sir.

and there we have what the conservatives are really about!

That's right. But you Liberals are just going to have grin and bear it because as has been said this is your chance to show that PR could work, so be a good Leftie and fall into line.;)

That's right. But you Liberals are just going to have grin and bear it because as has been said this is your chance to show that PR could work, so be a good Leftie and fall into line.;)

haha :D

at least with us Libs around we can keep an eye on you CONS. ;)

He was recently a member of the Bank of England Monetary Committee until very recently
So , it is like one of the coaching staff being heralded above the manager.The coaching staff may have a decent idea but he is not the one selected to really make the decisions.

The governor would have used all the info and taken that into account

By the way Blanchflower is a labour leaning economist and no doubt put his input into Browns plans and so was always likely to be of a different opinion.

The media said it was very unusual for the governor to make such statements.

Indeed - the very committee that informs the BoE.

But Nick won't appreciate that :rolleyes:

Typical smarm from you BTF. You demanded an apology from Dune when he dared put a comment about you, but when the boot was on the other foot???

As for the Committee, he is 1 voice in the group and the Labour leaning economist. He is not even part of that group anymore, so what's your point ?

The governor took the advice of the sitting group here and now and used his experienced opinion as well

So , it is like one of the coaching staff being heralded above the manager.The coaching staff may have a decent idea but he is not the one selected to really make the decisions.

The governor would have used all the info and taken that into account

By the way Blanchflower is a labour leaning economist and no doubt put his input into Browns plans and so was always likely to be of a different opinion.

The media said it was very unusual for the governor to make such statements.

Blanchflower is far more experienced economist than King

Who made conflicting comments like the growth is fragile but cuts should be sweeping.

I agree there should be cuts but only like Blanchflower only when good growth is assurred