Aston Villa 0 - 1 QPR - Brighton 2 - 2 Man City

monkadill

I can't belive the amount of people on here that are prepared to accept abject performances and defeat. No wonder the players don't give a sh!t.
I dont think hes accepting defeat but pointing out that others have fallen.Losing in the cup for me is a blessing in disguise as we need the players fresh for league games.Donny will be fresher than us due to them not playing this week, that s not helpful IMO

Aston Villa and Man City won on Saturday...when was our last win?

I don't think its the fans that need to stick with the plan they have no choice really as in the blood.

I think most look at the manager and see a man drowning, I certainly do especially after listening to him on the radio and now reading the Echo today.

Things do not add up, McGoldrick looks either knackered or ****ed off although I know he has what I call a lazy gait in the way he moves that can be mistaken for laziness. BWP was criticised by JP then selected next game.

Football opinions are like arseholes everyone has one and we all think we can pick a better team unfortunately at the moment I think most could!

I agree with the sentiment. The Carling Cup always springs "surprise" results, and many other fans (especially the sk*tes) wake up with the "oh well" feeling.

BUT in our case the result is not the point, it was the fact that we simply did not turn up to play as reflected in JP's post match "comments"

We stopped playing after the Derby game, looked bad against Blackpool, could argue we were unlucky against QPR but since then it is becoming a WTF.

To write of this as just another cup shock and it does not matter would be okay normally and when playing reasonably consistently in the league. But the way things are at the moment it is not enough just to roll from one game to the next as it will be too late in the next 3/4 games. Coach JP sort it out now starting with much better performance against Doncaster and no ifs and buts a guaranteed 3 points against Norwich. At least lets see more effort from the side as no excuses they are your side and of course Lowey and Wildey... Let us hope and pray for something please..

I can't belive the amount of people on here that are prepared to accept abject performances and defeat. No wonder the players don't give a sh!t.

Lifetime's habit I'm afraid.

Believe you me, you've seen nothing compared to some of the "abject performances" we've seen in the past (And probably nothing compared to some of the great ones).

Lifetime's habit I'm afraid.

Believe you me, you've seen nothing compared to some of the "abject performances" we've seen in the past (And probably nothing compared to some of the great ones).

Somebody with a bit of perspective!

What are you doing on here?

Sack the manager! :rolleyes: this is football gents and to me these results are examples of how your fourtunes can change in football. Stick with the plan and support the Saints. :smt036

Yes but for Villa and City these were isolated results ,ours was not.

Furthermore the results you use were deemed cup upsets and shocks.Was our defeat at Rotherham really such an upset or shock ?That for me is the difference.

Our defeat wasnt even a surprise.....

I always think that defeats like this and the reactions they provoke. It's always us being ****, it's never about the other team having the performance of their lives.

Could it not be that Rotheram were up for it? That they, like Brighton and QPR played the games of their lives and deserved it? Why does it have to be Villa or City or us being ****?

Why do we always look to the worst in ourselves???

Sack the manager! :rolleyes: this is football gents and to me these results are examples of how your fourtunes can change in football. Stick with the plan and support the Saints. :smt036

are you seriously trying to compare Man city and villa to us???? the differnce is they will chop the team around for the premier league games and get back to winning ways failrly quickly, we cannot do this

are you seriously trying to compare Man city and villa to us???? the differnce is they will chop the team around for the premier league games and get back to winning ways failrly quickly, we cannot do this

What??? Putting Bart back to his place on the bench is like getting a 3 goal start.From what I was told by a young cousin who lives up that way and went to the match Saints drew 1-1 with Rotherham, Bart lost 2-0.

Having said that I don't think he rates Bart very highly and could have a biased view-happens you know.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but due to Lge1 and Lge 2 not being concerned with "international stupidity" they only play on Saturdays. One game per week.(I think they start earlier as well by 1 week) .Of course they've had the 3 carling games in midweek, but other than that they have more time between matches.OK for your 'big clubs' with big squads but for the likes of us with a relatively smaller squad and a packet of injuries it definitely gives them an advantage. We'd played 4 games in 10 days on Tuesday and they'd played

3 in 11.

(and a ginger bloke with a bad knee !!). This may work for us.......

In fact I'd like to see the end of that particular experiment. Cork and Perry in CD,Mills and James as defensive backs. I don't think svensson is working out, chopping and changing to accommodate him isn't a great solution. Settled side is best.

What??? Putting Bart back to his place on the bench is like getting a 3 goal start.From what I was told by a young cousin who lives up that way and went to the match Saints drew 1-1 with Rotherham, Bart lost 2-0.

Having said that I don't think he rates Bart very highly and could have a biased view-happens you know.

ok, with the exception of Bart who was crap!!

ok, with the exception of Bart who was crap!!

Justly. If a striker is crap or a midfield player,well you might get away with it.

If a goalkeeper is as dire as I'm led to believe Bart was on Tuesday-you pay cash,it's as certain as death and taxes. Davis has a neck problem that required injections, hopefully he'll be OK for Saturday but if not-well I hope they play Forecast.

If our defence started trying to do things differently because they had no confidence whatsoever in Bart-well you can see what happens.