Young players leaving Saints - Surman

NickG

I know he has played in premiership, and earnt loads of money, but compare his season to Lallana

Surman

3 league starts, 2 cup

3 on target shots

1 assist

0 goals

Lallana

44 league starts, 12 cup

70 on target shots

5 assists

20 goals

and back to this! suppose part of the manager's role to sell the club as the best place for development

An interesting statistic. Something to work on for next season.

AAARGHHHHH - I just spent the best part of a hour posting a lengthy reply to this but have lost the text due to a timeout issue as I was not logged in when I submitted - due to said timeout - am not going to repeat message (my most rambling to date) and run the risk of same thing happening, can anyone help me understand how to avoid this as i have wasted an hour of my life already:(

AAARGHHHHH - I just spent the best part of a hour posting a lengthy reply to this but have lost the text due to a timeout issue as I was not logged in when I submitted - due to said timeout - am not going to repeat message (my most rambling to date) and run the risk of same thing happening, can anyone help me understand how to avoid this as i have wasted an hour of my life already:(

You could possibly write the Post in Word and then cut and paste

check the 'remember me' box when you log in. Shouldn't time out then.

• 4 weeks later...
I know he has played in premiership, and earnt loads of money, but compare his season to Lallana

Surman

3 league starts, 2 cup

3 on target shots

1 assist

0 goals

Lallana

44 league starts, 12 cup

70 on target shots

5 assists

20 goals

Go on Drew, you know it makes sense!

The key thing to remember is that Surman wasn't actually very good, i'm sure everyone at Wolves realises this now. Still, at least we got the money to pay the wages.

I think the main thing is that nobody was really good that season - or the one before. I think it's a bit unfair to single our AS who was more red and white than a lot of those " experiments " that were tried by various managers.