iPhone...

Marsdinho

Hello,

Im after an iPhone and have got bored of searching tinternet for deals etc.

So, can anyone point me in the direction of a good deal they have seen on the net.

Cheers.

If you can wait 2 months for the new 4G one to come out then if you don't want that one you will get great deals on the 3gs

not true, sadly... you need a 24 month contract with tesco to get it "free", and then you need to be on the £45 a month tariff. To get the deal you are talking about, you still have to stump up £222 for the iphone, and thats just the 8gb one

popupmonthly.png

I see what you are saying, but everybody is charging silly money for the phone unless you do a 2 year contract. The Tesco deal is still a cracker as they are the only people offering a 12 month contract.

Look at it this way. An 18 month deal from O2 will cost you £149 for a 16Gb phone and £35 per month giving 300 mins & unlimited Data & Texts. TOTAL £779

A Tesco deal for 12 months will cost you £320 for a 16Gb phone & £20 per month giving 250 mins & unlimited Data & Texts. TOTAL £560.

I realise that the O2 contract is 6 months longer and you get a few more mins per month, but even if you did the Tesco deal and kept it for 18 months rather than 12 it's going to add £120 to the price making it £680 for 18 months. That's still £100 less than the O2 deal.

Apple are a bunch or ****s really. They've pretty much fixed the price (which is illegal). It doesn't matter what you do, or where you go, long term it'll end up costing you pretty much the same amount. Over 2 years an i-phone will cost you about a grand.

my iphone is broke...keeps asking me to turn on the airplane mode..

ffs

Its a problem with the connector on the bottom of the iPhone. Its normally because moisture has erroded the connectors. Clean it with a soft bristled tooth brush. Normally this fixes the problem, if it still doesnt work you can disable the pop-up using Cydia, but its complicated and would stop you being able to play music through when dock.

When is someone going to invent a data network that actually works consistently with the iPhone? It's a pile of cack.

On my daily train journey up to London I get 3G coverage for about 10% of the journey. And When I'm walking around London I often get a 3G signal but no response whatsoever.

Once again, an example of technology companies putting the cart before the horse. Get the infrastructure right before you start releasing hardware to use it FFS

• 2 weeks later...
Its a problem with the connector on the bottom of the iPhone. Its normally because moisture has erroded the connectors. Clean it with a soft bristled tooth brush. Normally this fixes the problem, if it still doesnt work you can disable the pop-up using Cydia, but its complicated and would stop you being able to play music through when dock.

what is cydia..

O2 have phoned and said what you have said and want £135 or so to fix it...I told them to do one..

I dont use it on a docking station so if you could tell me what this cydia is it will be a great help

When is someone going to invent a data network that actually works consistently with the iPhone? It's a pile of cack.

On my daily train journey up to London I get 3G coverage for about 10% of the journey. And When I'm walking around London I often get a 3G signal but no response whatsoever.

Once again, an example of technology companies putting the cart before the horse. Get the infrastructure right before you start releasing hardware to use it FFS

To be fair, I've not had a problem with 3g reception at all on any of my various phones. I would therefore think that it's more likely that the iPhone has a crap aerial in it.

what is cydia..

O2 have phoned and said what you have said and want £135 or so to fix it...I told them to do one..

I dont use it on a docking station so if you could tell me what this cydia is it will be a great help

I believe you need to jail break it to get that app TDD.

I've got a number of apps on mine for my granddaughter.

She's just 2 - she can press the button to open it up, slide the bottom bar to bring up the apps, choose the app she wants, press play to start the game / song and press the button to go back to the beginning.

Two - and she can operate the phone better than a lot of adults I know :D

Kids eh :)