“Some of them are too relaxed with the defeat.”

alpine_saint

Siad it beofre and will keep saying it. Only 3 of the youngsters are good enough to play int he championship at present. Surman, Lallana and Schneiderlin. I'm not saying that the others never will be but they're not right now.

JP is spot on with analysis but he has to back that up by turfing McGoldrick, Dyer and BWP out of the squad.

As i have said before Lallana is by far and large our hot prospect, the guy has something special about him. In my opinion so does Schneiderlin, sure he hasen't played as well recently but from what i have seen i know he will become a very good player. Holmes is a player who is just average. In the game against Blackpool they had Hammill and he picked us apart for the 1st 20 mins or so before he got crippled. Then we got Dyer and BWP. 2 players who are possibly the most overated players we have seen in many many years. They both have bags of pace but nothing else. This is football not a 100m sprint race. Gillet is another hit and miss player, 1 week he looks great, the next week he looks ****. BUT while i am being harsh on them i don't mean to be because they are young and need time, they have been thrown in at the deep end. Next season they will be better then this season, question is will that be in the ccc or in league 1? If you take both Morgan and Adam out of the team and Davis it looks a very very poor team. Maybe mid table league 1 quality.
Again if you rate Hammil no wonder we have our moments. When BWP came on against Ipswich he helped us get a draw.

Again if you rate Hammil no wonder we have our moments. When BWP came on against Ipswich he helped us get a draw.

I do rate Hammil and can see he actually has not only pace but knows how to cross the ball. I forget how many times i have been in frustration at a wasted pass by either Dyer or BWP. BWP is not even worth talking about, 1 good game in 50 does not make a footballer. You give me the amount of games he has had and i bet i would shine in 1 game too.

So yes we do have our moments but i wonder if we had a poll who would people prefer either Hammil or BWP on the wing i think it would be a landslide victory for Hammil. In fact lets find out!

I do rate Hammil and can see he actually has not only pace but knows how to cross the ball. I forget how many times i have been in frustration at a wasted pass by either Dyer or BWP. BWP is not even worth talking about, 1 good game in 50 does not make a footballer. You give me the amount of games he has had and i bet i would shine in 1 game too.

So yes we do have our moments but i wonder if we had a poll who would people prefer either Hammil or BWP on the wing i think it would be a landslide victory for Hammil. In fact lets find out!

I know its all about opinions but WHY?

I saw every home game he played last year and thought he was useless. Gets the ball in his own half, does a little sprint when no-one is near (good for raising crowd and tempo admittedly) then a few step over before giving the ball away and putting us under pressure -all without leaving his own half. Add to that unfit, slow, unable to shoot, unable to pass and a poor attitude.

Apart from that he was ok!

Thought that his second rate Ronaldo impression only impressed kids.

Snowballs, to a degree what you say is true especially the bit about thier confidence.Do you not think the messages boards are read by these lads and seeing what a lot of fans are saying about them doesnt knock them further.

I know it will be'well they are professionals and they get paid lots of money' bla bla bla but we as fans or should I say 'supporters' should support them not kick them when they are down.

Nick, this is professional football we are talking about. These boys have been given the opportunity and are not taking it. Football is a harsh world, but a world where they get paid handsomely for their efforts. Non delivery is not an option.

Now that is either down to inexperience or simply not having the balls at the moment to gain a killer instinct. I firmly believe that we need a stronger spine in this team. They try hard but when the going really gets tough they have not got it and that is down to having to many of them in the team. They play good football but cannot put a game to bed when they are on top and defensively are too naive.

You have to like Jan for his ethics and honesty but I do wonder what he is doing with the constant chopping and changing of personnel - other managers got hammered for it.

We need to get back to a more solid formation, play two up (John and Lallana would suit), have two defensive midfielders (probably wotton and spiderman when fit) and then get two proper wide midfielders into play (Skacel/Surman left, not sure right). Most of all, he really needs to address the full back positions before it is too late. we simply give the opposition too much time and space in wide areas and it will kill us eventually.

Pretty football is not needed now. Anyone who says they are enjoying the pretty football of these 'boys' and talking how much better things are, well they are wrong. Just look at the attendances...the ones enjoying it are in the minority. (Alpine, for once I owe you an apology as you expected the reduction in support).