Paul Wotton

Paul Wotton

--------------------Paul Wotton-----------------

Paul Wotton---Paul Wotton---Paul Wotton----Paul Wotton

--Paul Wotton-----------------------------Paul Wotton

-------Paul Wotton------------Paul Wotton-------------

Brilliant team selection with the exception of Paul Wotton. I'd replace him with Paul Wotton myself.

Brilliant team selection with the exception of Paul Wotton. I'd replace him with Paul Wotton myself.

Paul Wotton is past it, he's not up to scratch anymore imo. What about including an up-and-coming youngster like Paul Wotton in the squad? He's supposed to have great potential, and could easily be the next Paul Wotton according to England management.

Why? If we're honest Gerrard has never really performed for England. He's struggled at Liverpool to play in a normal midfield 4 as he doesn't have the discipline for it. He has struggled all year to find any sort of form and i think it sends out totally the wrong message to players like Milner who has been outstanding all year. What about Scott Parker? The man's been phenominal in a very poor West Ham side and he doesn't get a look in whilst out of form players like Gerrard get picked automatically.

It's understandable that players dip in and out of form during a season but to have been out of form all season is too much IMO.

Terry has been a nightmare since the personal revelations and to be perfectly honest at international level he has been done for pace time and time again. A hugely overrated player on the international stage.

King and Dawson have been oustanding for Spurs and it makes sense for them to be the 2 centre halves having built up such a great understanding together.

England for too long have been trying to fit the best individual players into a team. It hasn't worked for the last 2/3 world cups and i'm struggling to see why it will work now. The only difference is we have a great tactical coach now so hopefull the embarrassment against Brazil in Korea won't be repeated. But it's asking miracles for Capello to mould these players into a world cup winning side when they've proven on numerous occasions that for whatever reason they don't work well enough together

Terry has improved a lot since the Inter game, my best mates a Chelsea fan so I watch a lot of their games and he has been one of their best players. King showed he's not at Terrys level during the Mexico game IMO he couldn't handle Mexico's fluid front three at all - Terrys not perfect but in my eyes he is currently our most important defender.

King and Dawson have done well for Spurs but neither of them have the experience Terry and Rio have they've both played countless top european sides and held their own. My one stand out Ledley King moment of the season was him getting done for 90 minutes by Nani.

As for your last paragraph I agree, we aren't good enough to win the world cup but it's ridiculous to think dropping Terry and Gerrard would make a positive change.

Very simply he has played the last 13 games of the season, has proven he is fit and his form has been as good as it was before his injury. Rio has been in and out all season, hasn’t shown any consistency as a result and hasn’t featured enough in the last quarter of the season, the time when you really need players to be in top form going into a world cup

I agree with this, Jagielka is a fantastic defender and if he was a little bit quicker he'd be playing for a bigger club than Everton.

James, Green, Hart

G Johnson, Carragher

Terry, Fedinand, King (No to Upson, Dawson)

A.Cole, Warnock (Baines is a shocking player)

Walcott, Lennon (No to SWP)

Gerrard, Milner. J.Cole (A. Johnson - not this time)

Lampard, Barry, Parker (Carrick is shiite, Huddlestone if Barry not fit)

Crouch, Defoe, Rooney, Heskey, Bent

GKs (3) Joe Hart, David James, Rob Green

FBs (4) Glen Johnson, Jamie Carragher, Cashley Cole, Leighton Baines*

CBs (4) John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ledley King, Matthew Upson*

Ws (4) Theo Walcott, Adam Johnson, Aaron Lennon, James Milner

CMs (4) Stevie Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry**, Joe Cole*

Ss (4) Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey

* = Capello said he knew 20/23 players that were going, these are the three I think were undecided.

** = He'll go if he is fit to play a part post-group stage if we qualify.

Therefore, these won't go...

Michael Dawson - didn't get a chance in the wam-ups and Upson is left footed which may give him the edge. That said, wouldn't be surprised if he did actually make it.

Stephen Warnock - as above, Baines only in by the skin of his teeth and the gulf between Terry and Bridge.

Michael Carrick - poor season and some would argue not always 1st choice at Man Utd any more.

Tom Huddlestone - blew his chance really to impress, but still has time on his side and a good season next year will help his cause for future squads and tornaments.

Scott Parker - I'd take him if Barry isn't fit.

Shaun Wright Phillips - I'd take Johnson instead, and Walcott has the hat-trick in Croatia to fall back on.

Darren Bent - tough, but Heskey's better hold-up play (rather than scoring) gives him the edge, despite that horrific miss yesterday.

James, Green, Hart

G Johnson, Carragher

Terry, Ferdinand, King

A Cole, Warnock

Walcott, Lennon

Lampard, Barry, Huddlestone, J Cole

Gerrard, Milner, A Johnson

Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Heskey

Line up vs USA

Green

G Johnson - Terry - Ferdinand - A Cole

Walcott-Lampard-Huddlestone-Gerrard

----------------J Cole---------------

---------------Rooney---------------

James, Green, Hart

Johnson, Carragher

Terry Ferdinand King Upson

Cole Baines

Walcott Lennon

Lampard Barry Gerrard Cole

A.Johnson Milner

Rooney Heskey Crouch Defoe

Team v USA

James

Johnson Terry Ferdinand Cole

Walcott Lampard Barry (Milner if injured) Gerrard

Cole

Rooney

Of the 30 man squad I would drop:

Dawson

Upson

Warnock

Huddlestone

Walcott

Bent

Carrick

Johnson in because he is naturally left-sided, I think Capello has held him back to surprise other sides. Parker in because of how woeful Carrick and Huddlestone have been in the last 2 games. Apparently, Parker has been excellent in training, but Capello isn't going to pick him as he didn't get a run out.

Walcott has been absolute garbage for much of the season, he had one decent half against Barcelona. He can't cross, pass or finish.

Emile Heskey, striker, 58 caps 7 goals. Rene Higuita, keeper, 68 caps 8 goals. Jose Luis Chilavert, keeper, 74 caps 8 goals...

I'd take Bent.

"Rooney's last 10 England games with Heskey - 9 goals. Rooney's last 10 England games without Heskey - 2 goals."

Of the 30 man squad I would drop:

Dawson

Upson

Warnock

Huddlestone

Walcott

Bent

Carrick

Johnson in because he is naturally left-sided, I think Capello has held him back to surprise other sides. Parker in because of how woeful Carrick and Huddlestone have been in the last 2 games. Apparently, Parker has been excellent in training, but Capello isn't going to pick him as he didn't get a run out.

Walcott has been absolute garbage for much of the season, he had one decent half against Barcelona. He can't cross, pass or finish.

If Barry was fully fit I would agree with you but I think Carrick should go for insurance as he has more experience than Parker.

That said not much too choose

King apparently out. Dawson in.

King is apparently in.

Depends what you read:

FROM BBC.CO.UK

1418: Hmm. Sky reckon Ledley King is on the plane too.

1415: How thick can this plot get? The News of the World's Neil Ashton reckons Ledley King is NOT going to South Africa. Unbelievable drama.

1411: BBC sports news correspondent Dan Roan says he has it on good authority that Ledley King is IN the England World Cup squad