Pardew and board to meet Thursday now...?

saint lard

I think he will be out, hope I'm wrong.

Alot of people are acusing the media of **** stirring, well if he goes this week that will blow that theory out of the water.

Rumours I heard in jan which came via the media were fairly specific, if they were right ap will be out on his arse. At the time I took them with a pinch of salt, time will tell if there was any truth.

Hard facts eh!

If all these rumours turn out to be complete rubbish, then NC will have put himself in a hugely strong position of trust with the fans and maybe even the press!

Hmmm, i dont really know what to expect, but am optimistic.

Badger, the info came via a journalist who many on here are familiar with.

The info from the journalist was that cortese was seriously considering sacking pards after the first dozen games due to our poor start.

Also that even failing in the playoffs would not be acceptable, that pards was out if he failed to deliver promotion this season. Nc has since stated in the media that the aim was the play offs and not necessarily promotion.

Nc is allegedly cut throat & on a huge performance related bonus from ml of up to a whopping £5ml to get promoted to the pl within 3 years & was then out the door quicker than you can say "Swiss banker".

As I said I took this with a large pinch of salt given the relationship with the local rag (& I do with everything i hear these days!)

There's not going to be a meeting tomorrow, and nothing will happen, it's just Radio Solent trying to get people to listen to their sh!t radio station.

agrees/w that part, dont have a f*cking clue about the rest. I'll be gutted if AP does go fwiw

The info from the journalist was that cortese was seriously considering sacking pards after the first dozen games due to our poor start.

Also that even failing in the playoffs would not be acceptable, that pards was out if he failed to deliver promotion this season. Nc has since stated in the media that the aim was the play offs and not necessarily promotion.

Nc is allegedly cut throat & on a huge performance related bonus from ml of up to a whopping £5ml to get promoted to the pl within 3 years & was then out the door quicker than you can say "Swiss banker".

As I said I took this with a large pinch of salt given the relationship with the local rag (& I do with everything i hear these days!)

That pinch of salt wasn't large enough to stop you from passing on the rumours and hence FEEDING the FRENZY!

I do understand that its hard, but sometimes we all (including myself) need to just keep stum until we hear the facts! COYR:)

Telegraph have now latched onto the story. Nothing new to add though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/leagueone/southampton/7717227/Alan-Pardews-future-as-Southampton-manager-hanging-in-the-balance.html

On top of the failure to make the playoffs I have suspicions that Pardew isn't as comitted to Saints as Cortese would like. From memory Pardew doesn't live in the area and I'm pretty sure he's said something about unfinished business with the West Ham job in the past. I think Cortese will rely on his instincts tomorrow and if he doesn't get a warm fuzzy feeling that Pardew is committed to success with Saints next season he will cut him loose and try to get someone in who is.

So the danny bloke with the robot avatar ???

Another daily fail journo that we all know works for a paper whose relationship with saints and so NC is over ???

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/leagueone/southampton/7717227/Alan-Pardews-future-as-Southampton-manager-hanging-in-the-balance.html

On top of the failure to make the playoffs I have suspicions that Pardew isn't as comitted to Saints as Cortese would like. From memory Pardew doesn't live in the area and I'm pretty sure he's said something about unfinished business with the West Ham job in the past. I think Cortese will rely on his instincts tomorrow and if he doesn't get a warm fuzzy feeling that Pardew is committed to success with Saints next season he will cut him loose and try to get someone in who is.

Apart from promotion form since 1st October and

WINNING THE CLUB'S FIRST TROPHY FOR 34 F U CK ING YEARS

How exactly is a bloke supposed to demonstrate his commitment?

FOR F U C K S SAKE.

What is wrong with some of our fans?

Thank God for Clegg and Cameron, let's put an end to the feckwit society and approach the rest of life with modern optimism and intelligence.

That is what I think too. I would think it very unlikely that the league results alone are the reason that Pardew would be sacked (if this is true). There will be more to it that we won't be made aware of (unless Pardew speaks out.)

Apart from promotion form since 1st October and

WINNING THE CLUB'S FIRST TROPHY FOR 34 F U CK ING YEARS

How exactly is a bloke supposed to demonstrate his commitment?

FOR F U C K S SAKE.

What is wrong with some of our fans?

Thank God for Clegg and Cameron, let's put an end to the feckwit society and approach the rest of life with modern optimism and intelligence.

I was with you until your last sentence.

Can't say I've ever got that feeling not like old saggy chops who blantantly didn't want to be here. AP seems fully committed to me I don't really excpect him to bleed red and white (or the players either) as it's his job, he's not a fan after all. All I ask is he (and the players) does a good job to the best of his ability IMO he has. I don't require him to wear a replica shirt with the No 7 and Lambert on the back to prove his commitment.

You seem to think whatever I post is my personal take on the subject.

I dont think Pardew has failed but apparently NC/ML do and that was the point of my post

No, it's your personal take on things, there are no hard facts that confirm this 'rumour'.

I see the Mail are reporting that the postponement was due to Liebherr wanting to attend in person!!!!!! More wonderful stirring from our favourite paper!!!!

I hate the Daily Mail more than you but could they be right?

I think I would like ML to be there to keep NC under control and to see that NC/AP work together for the future

No, it's your personal take on things, there are no hard facts that confirm this 'rumour'.

The hard facts are there are rumours that NC/ML think AP has failed otherwise this thread would not be running but I am pleased with progress so I dont see why AP should be sacked

Not for the first time, many on here are running around with their skirts raised, and it wasn't even a bloody mouse. Speculation can be damaging, you'd of thought we would have learnt our lesson, but no, we have NC this AP that, and not one shred of evidence. Two papers with an agenda it seems, the Echo and the Mail, both have be printing wild speculative stories over the past couple of weeks, and none as yet, have come to fruition.

Edited by Gingeletiss

I just hope that NC sticks to his words and judges AP afetr 18 months. I am convinced that by xmas we will be top or second at worst. In my opinion and NC said it himself when he arrived our club needs stability. I personally think that ML and NC are pleased with what AP has done so far and would want him to completye his project and get us back to the prem. The fact that we are already disscussing player contracts i.e Calderon must be a good sign. AP has built this team and spent a few quid, a new manager would have to start again IMO.

The hard facts are there are rumours that NC/ML think AP has failed otherwise this thread would not be running but I am pleased with progress so I dont see why AP should be sacked

Are you for real 'the hard facts are the rumours', do you read before you write.

I think the likelyhood of ANYONE other than NC and ML knowing the contents of NC' contract and renumeration package is a huge fat chunky zero . NC has been in the media saying there is no rift with AP. Amazing how often people choose to forget that.

Are you for real 'the hard facts are the rumours', do you read before you write.

I think your lack of ability in not being able to think logically maybe counter balanced by your ability to be rude.

It maybe pedantic but the only fact is that there is a rumour

I think your lack of ability in not being able to think logically maybe counter balanced by your ability to be rude.

...and you dear John,need to understand, that a rumour is not a fact. However, it doesn't stop you spreading them as if you know them to be true. You're very much like Alpine, you love a good conspiracy theory, as long as it's anti Saints.

Hope this doesn't sound too rude for your delicate disposition.

The fact that we are already disscussing player contracts i.e Calderon must be a good sign. AP has built this team and spent a few quid, a new manager would have to start again IMO.

Perhaps though, we are the only people discussing this move,on here? We've no idea if this is a runner as far as the club is concerned.

Agree that AP should remain rather than go back to the drawing board.

I think the likelyhood of ANYONE other than NC and ML knowing the contents of NC' contract and renumeration package is a huge fat chunky zero . NC has been in the media saying there is no rift with AP. Amazing how often people choose to forget that.

Good point about the contract terms,but the "chairman's vote of confidence" springs to mind re Cortese's public comments

I just hope that NC sticks to his words and judges AP afetr 18 months. I am convinced that by xmas we will be top or second at worst. In my opinion and NC said it himself when he arrived our club needs stability. I personally think that ML and NC are pleased with what AP has done so far and would want him to completye his project and get us back to the prem. The fact that we are already disscussing player contracts i.e Calderon must be a good sign. AP has built this team and spent a few quid, a new manager would have to start again IMO.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/8162295.Counting_cost_of_Pardew_job_fears/?ref=rss

Someone mentioned you might be Charlie Sale, Rupert Lowe or Ian Murray..:finga:

I defended you to the hilt;)

I said you were Avram just filling in time between appointments.:-$

...and you dear John,need to understand, that a rumour is not a fact. However, it doesn't stop you spreading them as if you know them to be true. You're very much like Alpine, you love a good conspiracy theory, as long as it's anti Saints.

Hope this doesn't sound too rude for your delicate disposition.

The only fact is there is a rumour - it does not mean that the contents of the rumour are factual.

Just because I said that apparently Pardew has failed which is not a fact but is a rumour does not mean that I agree with the statement.

It is a forum to discuss SFC and all the possibilities not just putting forward your own points of view.

For what its worth I think having a five year plan is OK but not telling people what it contains and what corrective measures will be taken if it flounders is not a good idea especially also if the Plan actually changes.

My plan would have been year 1

Get AP to build a squad which would would try to get to the playoffs but it would not be a failure providing we were performing really well if we did not.

Not many relegated teams with -10 get promoted the following season

Do well in the JPT

Year 2

With a decent squad put every effort into getting promoted.

So my plan is Ok but whether NC's is I have no idea only rumours it is not.

However I would not be unhappy if we did not get promoted next season which is unlikely in League 1 the tickets are relatively cheap we win regularly and I see teams like MK Dons Southend and Hartlepool who I have never seen before

Has anyone come up with a logical reason why NC needs to call a special meeting to sack the manager.

No but I can see ML setting up a meeting to get NC and AP to work together in a proper manner and define what is expected in the coming season

May be right but thats not a meeting to sack the manager. I thought NC had total control of the club and i'm sure if he wanted to get rid of AP he would supported by the owner.

Sorry I thought it was a meeting to discuss the future which has been hijacked to be a meeting to sack Pardew

AP is the man to take us to the prem or on the brink, i see us doing a LCFC win the league then playoffs in the championship next season.

NC should tell AP he has used his money up in this league and he uses the current squad for next seasons Champaign, and only money from sells can be used to buy and he can sign free transfers and loans, then AP can prove himself and in jan if we are at least 5th or 6th NC can then let AP buy some players to get us top 2.

If I owned a club that I have spent between £15m and £20m in a year (including purchase) then I would want to be in of the important decisions, lilke sacking a manager, or talking to said manager about what he was going to do about it next year, or asking the manager just what he thought he was going to do with yet another £2m he had just asked for, or telling my chairman and manager to play nicely.

but that's just me

ap is the man to take us to the prem or on the brink, i see us doing a lcfc win the league then playoffs in the championship next season.

Nc should tell ap he has used his money up in this league and he uses the current squad for next seasons champaign, and only money from sells can be used to buy and he can sign free transfers and loans, then ap can prove himself and in jan if we are at least 5th or 6th nc can then let ap buy some players to get us top 2.

simple's ini't

Sorry I thought it was a meeting to discuss the future which has been hijacked to be a meeting to sack Pardew

Cortesa and Pardew have worked together for nearly a year and a one off meeting is unlikely to change their relationship. I think you're right the meeting is about the future anf if AP was not part of that why bother to invite him to attend?

Cortesa and Pardew have worked together for nearly a year and a one off meeting is unlikely to change their relationship. I think you're right the meeting is about the future anf if AP was not part of that why bother to invite him to attend?

Yes going out now but I will be back later to see what the future holds.

Whatever happens I think the future is very bright

I have heard from a ' happy snaps' contact that ML has collected his phots he took during our Wembley sucess and is now in in a position to show them to Alan and Nic.....

He requested that the players stay at the training ground after training today as he wants to show them his snaps of the cup as well..

I find this thread to be totally astonishing even though I accept I could be made to look a fool in a few hours time. These rumours have been generated by Radio Solent the excommunicated Echo and the Daily Mail and Telegraph who are all renowned for their very high quality of sports reporting. It is interesting that none of the 'better' sources like Sky have run with this. We then wonder why the club does not demean itself to respond to this crap journalism and the ranting from demented forum members. If the rumours are true I will fall on my sword as well as be desparately disappointed with SFC.

If all these rumours turn out to be complete rubbish, then NC will have put himself in a hugely strong position of trust with the fans and maybe even the press!

Hmmm, i dont really know what to expect, but am optimistic.

Turns out optimism is always the best!

COYR :)