Pardew and board to meet Thursday now...?

saint lard

unless we are going to attract the elite managers (which we are not) I would want Pardew to continue because:

he has better record than most we are likely to attract

he has built his squad

players want to play for him

he did well this season and performance has shown he has turned us around to a promotion standard team

it would be great to have some continuity and continue the feelgood factor around the club.

Cotterill's record does not come close to matching Pardew's, let alone beating it, so why upset the above factors?

Edited by NickG

Why do you think he will do so well he struggled at Man City to get some great players ( the best in the world in might be argued) performing getting the investment isnt as much a concern as getting a set of players who work as a unit.

but yes agree 100% with your second point

Hughes has a great reputation and would be successful here - maybe the catalyst to the premier league - but I doubt he's come anyhow. He's to good for us. Comparing Man City with us is pointless. He did well at Blackburn without the money.

Why do you think he will do so well he struggled at Man City to get some great players ( the best in the world in might be argued) performing getting the investment isnt as much a concern as getting a set of players who work as a unit.

but yes agree 100% with your second point

Just think NC/ML would give him lots of support and cash to prove that sacking AP was the correct call

unless we are going to attract the elite managers (which we are not) I would want Pardew to continue because:

he has built his squad

he did well this season and performance has shown he has turned us around to a promotion standard team

it would be great to have some continuity and continue the feelgood factor around the club.

Cotterill's record does not come close to matching Pardew's, let along beating it, so why upset the above factors?

What you are saying is quite logical but if NC has lost confidence with AP what should he do?

We dont know what has been going on every maybe be wonderful and on the other hand it may not

We will soon see

Hughes has a great reputation and would be successful here - maybe the catalyst to the premier league - but I doubt he's come anyhow. He's to good for us. Comparing Man City with us is pointless. He did well at Blackburn without the money.

No it's not pointless pmsl you can't just dismiss someones argument because it doesn't fit in with the opinion. I have no issue that most don't agree with me but I didnt compare us to Man City what I said was his record at Man City was NOT good. Blackburn was better but it was NOT great.

Your right though he's not coming to Saints ..

No it's not pointless pmsl you can't just dismiss someones argument because it doesn't fit in with the opinion. I have no issue that most don't agree with me but I didnt compare us to Man City what I said was his record at Man City was NOT good. Blackburn was better but it was NOT great.

Your right though he's not coming to Saints ..

Well Pardew's Record at Charlton was not good

Holloways record at Leicester was not good either.

Just think NC/ML would give him lots of support and cash to prove that sacking AP was the correct call

One thing is I'm not that convinced they would be happy to spend that much more .. & A new manager will PROB want to bring his own players in ..

but as we still don't know lol

Have a good day all hope what ever happens today ( IF anything it's what you wish for .. I'm off to bed lol

Well the only sure way of finding out is actully hearing it in person from AP/NC. The echo in the past has published some stories which have turned out to be true but I just think this one has just come from the fact that ML wasn't at the game on Saturday and that we didn't make the play-offs. Personally, I don't think he'll go even if the echo is publishing speculation about it because, to me, the echo isn't a trust worthy source of information.

he has built his squad

Cotterill's record does not come close to matching Pardew's, let along beating it, so why upset the above factors?

Because NC doesnt trust / respect / have confidence in him ?

Although I am not 100% happy with AP this season, replacing him with Cotterill just does not make sense and would be a retrograde step.

We will no longer be promotion favourites imo.

NC does worry me.

I agree about NC. Won't be popular for saying it,but I think he will make decisions we don't like soon enough.

I expect ticket prices to soar once the opportunity is there. The staff car parking quote in his interview was quite revealing, I thought.

Thats the trouble with people trying to look after football matters that have no real backround besides banking lol

because to loose all that on the dosent "respect" he's going to have this issue again & again on this journey so he needs to get used to it

Thats the trouble with people trying to look after football matters that have no real backround besides banking lol

because to loose all that on the dosent "respect" he's going to have this issue again & again on this journey so he needs to get used to it

Sorry, I think it is completely irrelevant what his past career is.

If AP had a player who he did not trust to follow his instructions, he would drop and probably sell him.

Maybe Cortese has simply cottoned onto the reality that teams in lower leagues are more often than not promoted when they have 'lower league managers' rather than 'higher league managers' that have dropped down a league it two?

Just a thought, mind you...

Maybe Cortese has simply cottoned onto the reality that teams in lower leagues are more often than not promoted when they have 'lower league managers' rather than 'higher league managers' that have dropped down a league it two?

Just a thought, mind you...

Maybe But as there are so many Foreign Managers about some of the better British ones will be in League 1 and the Championship

that's fair and could be a valid reason - he should have confidence in his performance but who knows about the respect. If he has no respect for Pardew or dislikes him then its not likely to be a good long term solution.

but Cotterill????

You never know, we may just get the released list today of players! everything else has been conjecture so far, No word from club at all! May just be business as usual!

I still think that may well be the case.

You never know, we may just get the released list today of players! everything else has been conjecture so far, No word from club at all! May just be business as usual!

Probably right, but its given a lot of opportunity to some on here to get extremely uppity and outraged, hasnt it ?

The boring reply but personally if there is a meeting today i think it would be to discuss the following:

1. Review of the season

2. Plan for next season

3. Budget for next season

4. Players being let go

5. Players he wants to bring in

Doesn't quiet make as good a story in the rumour mill but end of season meetings are quiet common and to be honest very sensible to have.

The boring reply but personally if there is a meeting today i think it would be to discuss the following:

1. Review of the season

2. Plan for next season

4. Players being let go

Doesn't quiet make as good a story in the rumour mill but end of season meetings are quiet common and to be honest very sensible to have.

And NC is a professional competent businessman who wants to do it now, unlike a certain person who hails from the Cotswolds who would have left it to the last minute.

Thank The Maker we have NC now...

aybe some of you are just speculating for the sake of speculating either that

or now the season is ended you have nothing better to do but find fault in the non plying staff or just like to play design a conspiracy plan (The Saints Edition)

I have heard that Avan Grant is moving to Derby Road to take up his new position as massager to saints.

Its from an impeccable source. It came from a bunch of Grey Seals I spotted off the Broch of Gurness

1. Review of the season

2. Plan for next season

4. Players being let go

Personally i think this is exactly what will happen. Probably will upset a lot of drama queens on here and those that thought we had a divine right to promotion or the playoffs.

First report on the ground.

" Bloody hell there is camera crews outside the stadium already "

So there you have it, there's camera crews outside the stadium.

More news to follow. :-) xx

Woo hoo, it's just like being back on an old takeover thread!

:smt096

I know a certain someone who is in the MLT Suite today ( for those of you who don't know, it's directly opposite the Board Room ) ... standby for more unfounded rumours throughout the day.

You know a tax nerd? I'm taking the same exams in the mlt suite. Definitely something going on today. There's security directing people where to park...definitely be some news today I reckon. P.s. The JPT is not in the trophy cabinet, it's in the boardroom!

You know a tax nerd? I'm taking the same exams in the mlt suite. Definitely something going on today. There's security directing people where to park...definitely be some news today I reckon. P.s. The JPT is not in the trophy cabinet, it's in the boardroom!

Yes I do know a tax nerd.

*UPDATE*

I can now confirm that the boardroom is currently EMPTY

My source will be unavailable for comment from 10 till 1

xx

If you have exams today, is this forum the best use of your time!;)

What you are saying is quite logical but if NC has lost confidence with AP what should he do?

He should look into the mirror and repeat ten times: "I'm just a banker from Switzerland, I know very little about football, I mustn't do anything too hasty."

Bet Pardew will be our manager next week next year and a few to come, NC is not a successful business man for nothing, he knows how to run a business and thats what Saints are to him, AP is the best man for the job now, with the players still training etc the meeting will be to set down guidelines for next season, transfer budget, who we are keeping letting go etc, mountain out of molehill me thinks

He should look into the mirror and repeat ten times: "I'm just a banker from Switzerland, I know very little about football, I mustn't do anything too hasty."

I think he has done what you say for the last few weeks

I think he is sitting outside waiting as it starts at 10.

* Another exclusive from StuRomseySaint *

OK now it's time to check - is SrS still online? or is HE taking the exam today? Has he been outed?Were the cameras there to film him?

:-$

Are you calling me a student, you c*nt?

No of course not, I assumed you were the standard issue nerdy bloke, with greasy hair, glasses and a Jacket with Leather patches on with nothing better to do apart from spend time earing pocket money as an invigilator :finga:

Its 10.50am, if Pards was being sacked, it would have happened by now in my opinion, ala Zola yesterday!!!

Constructive meeting in progess hopefully!!!

As I said, the boardroom was empty as of 9:45 yet Cortese's motor was in the Car Park and camera crews were outside, which suggests that SMS is the place where the meeting is taking place but it hadn't 'taken place' yet.