Pardew and board to meet Thursday now...?

saint lard

Hmmm im quite sceptical as all this seems to be originating from the Daily Mail and no other paper really seems to have ran with such a story. Would it be below Lowe to start trying to cause uncertainty at the club especially seeing as he has links to the Daily Mail??

no other paper probably did not bother with division 3 tittle tattle.

if this is all true, it would be surprising that the Mail even bothered

Show me evidence in what Pardew has said or Nicola has said that he's not going to be here next season. All I've seen so far is speculation from the forum and media.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong tomorrow but I really feel sorry for Pardew because, if he goes, it's down to the rumours that have been going on rather than his results on the field this season. If I was him I'd say f*** you all if you really don't trust what I'm saying in interviews.

Despite all the rumours and the silence from St Marys to say otherwise I seriously can't believe that Pardew will be sacked tomorrow. If he is it will be as bad as the new Con dem nation!!!

I will be even more p1ssed off than I was when loveable old rosey cheeks got rid of Pearson. Just shows what a mistake that was and I believe this would be even bigger.

Why?

Look at all our backroom staff that will be changed again just when everything seemed settled.

I just hope its all bollow.

There have been strong rumours of this since turn of the year & missing out on the playoffs have increased them. Would not be surprised but would be disappointed.

That said if a change is made, only time will tell if it proves to be the right decision. Not sure if cotterill is the man for us never been impressed by his sides down the years.

The Mail can't be making this up. Why would they bother. Someone must be feeding them the information. Could it be AP's agent?

I hear you but one thing seems odd, no one by no one else seems to want to run with the story at all .. yea yea yea it's only league 1 BUT we have plenty of other league 1 & 2 gossip out there ..

Also No one else has run with the fact steve cotterill might be moving on, not even the local press for notts county or the forums

The piece says

Notts County manager Steve Cotterill is a likely contender to replace him

Not that it is definite

Notts County view!

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=402&fid=17&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121642706

Particularly liked.....

Southampton were crap this season.

Pardew out!!!

Looking at their record they

- won more points than Rochdale

- won their first Wembley trophy since 1976

- scored more league goals than Bournemouth, or any team in the League One playoffs

- averaged 21,000 gates, including 31,000 against Exeter

- sold out their ticket allocation for the Football League Trophy Final (and could have sold 1,000s more)

- gave Pardew £3 million to spend on players

Pardew out!!!!

Meeting postponed.

They've got to wait a little longer to announce it's Ian Holloway now that Blackpool have stuffed Billy Davies (hoo-bloody-ray!) and have another match to play.

What?

The manager who relegated Leciester finished off Billy Davies?

It seems like anything can happen in the CCC.

I wonder if someone in the media who doesn't like Saints has befriended NC and is giving him dud advice. I mean those facts alone should be enough to sign him up on a longer contract, not sack him!

I really hope tomorrow is a good news day and all these rumours can be put to bed once and for all.

- scored more league goals than Bournemouth, or any team in the League One playoffs

- sold out their ticket allocation for the Football League Trophy Final (and could have sold 1,000s more)

Any chance this can be forwarded onto NC!

The piece says

Notts County manager Steve Cotterill is a likely contender to replace him

Not that it is definite

I know what it said but YOU know as well as i do how these rumor mills work IF he was on his way or the wheels in motion someone on the local boards would of had a sniff & more people would be running with it, but they aren't

even the forums are quiet when you bear ALL the facts in mind like the fact they supposedly lossing a manager that got them promoted?

WHO know's what's going on? I don't but I dont think the mail knows either, they are just rehasing the rumours .. no smoke without fire .. except on message boards forums & football gossip columns where it's morre smoke the less the fire lol :)

Any chance this can be forwarded onto NC!

Won more league games for some 26 years as well app

This was posted on the Daily Mail website article and I couldn't agree more...

"Southampton is my place of birth. I've supported the team since I was 5 years old, and I've seen many managers come and go in the 61 years since then.

Alan Pardew has lead the club to a 7th place finish, magnifcent when you consider we faced a hard season with the ten point deduction.

I see no fault with the manager or players. I only wish the loyalty of the fans, and the efforts of the club, was respected by the owner and the chairman.

It appears to me that there is no true love of the game by either of them. We were led to believe they would bring stability to the club after the harrowing time brought to the club by the other "suit" we had to put up with......Rupert Lowe.

My belief is that this time next year we will be promoted as champions, it only remains for messres Liebherr and Cortese to show the same amount of faith.

- Marilyn, Perth Western Australia,"

Hmmm im quite sceptical as all this seems to be originating from the Daily Mail and no other paper really seems to have ran with such a story. Would it be below Lowe to start trying to cause uncertainty at the club especially seeing as he has links to the Daily Mail??

Do you really think he has nothing better to do than to play silly games? If he was that intent on causing trouble why wait until the end of the season? Wouldn't he have done it before now?

"Southampton is my place of birth. I've supported the team since I was 5 years old, and I've seen many managers come and go in the 61 years since then.

Alan Pardew has lead the club to a 7th place finish, magnifcent when you consider we faced a hard season with the ten point deduction.

I see no fault with the manager or players. I only wish the loyalty of the fans, and the efforts of the club, was respected by the owner and the chairman.

It appears to me that there is no true love of the game by either of them. We were led to believe they would bring stability to the club after the harrowing time brought to the club by the other "suit" we had to put up with......Rupert Lowe.

My belief is that this time next year we will be promoted as champions, it only remains for messres Liebherr and Cortese to show the same amount of faith.

Agreed 100%

Bit OTT for me Marcus and NC have nothing but my thanks for saving this club. I think NC has made mistakes in the way he has handled some things this season but hopefully he'll learn from it. Sacking AP would be a far bigger mistake IMO. I just want AP and NC (and Marcus) to get on and concentrate on doing the best for this club.

So today is the day we find out if this is all ******** or not. I am betting it is probably going to be added to our very long list of rumours we got sucked in by, again...We never learn do we!

That said IF it is true

Then NC has to come out and explain his actions. He said in his and ML statements and fans forum that this was a 5 year project. A project that we should be patient with and not become frustrated if results do not go our way to begin with as there is no short remedy, we have to plan for the future. etc etc

So if Pardew is removed then i hope NC will put his hand up and say that when he said about this planning and being patient he was actually talking a load of ******** and what he really meant was we want success now.

In my view by doing this could end up making him look bad to the fans, it could be the begining of making his first huge mistake. Because if he does replace him and someone comes in from a lower league who doesn't do well, doesn't command the respect of the players then NC will again have to change the manager. And that is when we get right back to where we were before they arrived, changing managers for stupid reasons. Removing Pardew would be one of these stupid decisions imo. Unless they have a top top manager coming in, someone who is proven and not a total muppet i.e Coleman etc..

So today is the day we find out if this is all ******** or not. I am betting it is probably going to be added to our very long list of rumours we got sucked in by, again...We never learn do we!

That said IF it is true

Then NC has to come out and explain his actions. He said in his and ML statements and fans forum that this was a 5 year project. A project that we should be patient with and not become frustrated if results do not go our way to begin with as there is no short remedy, we have to plan for the future. etc etc

So if Pardew is removed then i hope NC will put his hand up and say that when he said about this planning and being patient he was actually talking a load of ******** and what he really meant was we want success now.

In my view by doing this could end up making him look bad to the fans, it could be the begining of making his first huge mistake. Because if he does replace him and someone comes in from a lower league who doesn't do well, doesn't command the respect of the players then NC will again have to change the manager. And that is when we get right back to where we were before they arrived, changing managers for stupid reasons. Removing Pardew would be one of these stupid decisions imo. Unless they have a top top manager coming in, someone who is proven and not a total muppet i.e Coleman etc..

Spot On

& this is the gamble is it not? some seem to think a) it wont matter because who ever comes in will get us promoted. b) they will be better

what the hell they are using to judge that god knows BUT if a new man is brought in & is failing we are indeed back at square 1 will then have discontent & disharmony & the honeymoon for NC will be over. It's all very well being grateful, but that will only last so long in reality. Sure they saved us . but dont fool yourself they did it for them as much as us I can see the plan they have/had in 5 years mid table in prem decent stadium decent crowds & training facilities ...& a little more investment ( the recession as ended) & they see us as a going concern to be sold for 100+ million?

OK way off, but for that to work Promotion has to be fairly quick .. Especially now season 1 is blank .. they also have to carry along the fans & to be blunt we have ALL I think seen a club where the club is trying but doesn’t have the fans backing & how hard it is to get a club once split back together.. so The right call here is important far more important they we may all realise.

It's why I believe his job is "at risk" but he hasn’t been sacked. I don’t think NC is as stupid as some have implied. I think there will be talks this week to discuss the events of the season the things that we “think" NC is unhappy about, the way forward & if that includes AP & I think it's really going to depend on IF AP really WANTS it..

I am of course guessing ..but aren’t we all?

That said IF it is true

Couldn't agree more.

I was over-awed when Pardew was appointed but I think he has done a great job.

One of the main things I was looking forward to when ML & NC took over was stability. So I really hope this rumour turns out to be a load of bull and that we don't end up turning over managers at the slightest whim.

Couldn't agree more.

I wasn't over-awed when Pardew was appointed but I think he has done a great job.

One of the main things I was looking forward to when ML & NC took over was stability. So I really hope this rumour turns out to be a load of bull and that we don't end up turning over managers at the slightest whim.

edited to 'wasn't'

no other paper probably did not bother with division 3 tittle tattle.

if this is all true, it would be surprising that the Mail even bothered

Actually this is a poor get out clause there is plenty of league 1 & 2 gossip & reported & speculated press out there but they haven't run with this .. why

If we appoint Steve Cotterill personally i think that is going backwards. The guy has a worse record then Pardew. He won a very poor League 2. If appointing some guy who has won England's lowest league is as good as we can get then we are fooked.

It is not like he is even new, he has been a manager for quite sometime. And that record is not very good imo.

We should only remove Pardew if we can clearly get someone who is better. By removing him and appointing Steve is not doing that, it is a spite appointment not a footballing one and that is wrong. If that happens NC loses all my respect for him instantly.

The question remains though, why consider sacking a manager who:-

- You've given millions to spend in the transfer market;

- Said transfers have pretty much all been a success

- Who has won the club's first silverware in over 30 years

- Who clearly has the respect of the players

- Who has the support of the vast majority of the fanbase ('Only One Alan Pardew' chants were loud and clear on Saturday, obviously to let Cortese know how we feel).

We may not have made the playoffs, but could that realistically have been expected with the lack of preseason, and the shell of a squad we started the season with?

It just doesn't compute in my mind that anybody who is thinking straight would even entertain the idea of sacking Pardew given the facts in front of us. As others have said, if Pardew is indeed sacked tomorrow there had better be a bloody good reason for it. But I've spent the last few days racking my brain due to all the rumours, and I can't think of a single, even half-decent reason for sacking him.

Let's hope it's all just bull.

Just got a text claiming that Pardew was saying goodbyes to players today. Person sending the text claims this comes from a reserve team player.

Am I the only one who wondered which players he was saying goodbye to? Pulis? Molyneax? etc. ;)

The question remains though, why consider sacking a manager who:-

- You've given millions to spend in the transfer market;

- Said transfers have pretty much all been a success

- Who has won the club's first silverware in over 30 years

- Who clearly has the respect of the players

- Who has the support of the vast majority of the fanbase ('Only One Alan Pardew' chants were loud and clear on Saturday, obviously to let Cortese know how we feel).

We may not have made the playoffs, but could that realistically have been expected with the lack of preseason, and the shell of a squad we started the season with?

It just doesn't compute in my mind that anybody who is thinking straight would even entertain the idea of sacking Pardew given the facts in front of us. As others have said, if Pardew is indeed sacked tomorrow there had better be a bloody good reason for it. But I've spent the last few days racking my brain due to all the rumours, and I can't think of a single, even half-decent reason for sacking him.

Let's hope it's all just bull.

Entirely agree. I honestly can't see, short of buying League One, next season, with for example, Mourinho at the helm, how Markus and Nicola could significantly do better. The alternative respected managers all work in higher divisions, and however much managers such as Eddie Howe or Steve Cotterill might have impressed, they have yet to show a consistent track record of success. Every decent manager gets one relatively good season.

Better to stick with the stability and known talent of Pardew, who most certainly has an eye for good players; gets good matches out of them; is admittedly tactically variable, but is not afraid to change those tactics for the better. So what if he has better or best quality players from League One..? So does Alex Ferguson from the Premiership, yet nobody questions his capability, even when another team manager has similar talent to call upon and does better.

Won more league games for some 26 years as well app

Saints would have been promoted on saturday if it hadnt been for the 10 point deduction and fielding a weaker side against Gillingham the week before. The 13 points would have put us above leeds. Quit complaining about Pardew and give him the support he deserves to get saints promoted next season

The Mail - no I do not read it the source is Newsnow - has just published that Pardew goes tomorrow to be replaced by Steve Cotterill. Well they will be right or wrong and in view of the garbage they normally publish I am banking that nothing will happen.

I was quoting the Mail via Newsnow. It is likely the Echo will take the feed tomorrow. As I said it is the Mail who have been running a series of articles which have been defamatory towards us. They have now 'named the day' and will be right or wrong. When they are wrong tomorrow I suggest we ban anything they say from this forum in the future!!

Already wrong tho as the article published I think about 6pm yesterday said "today"

Most have quoted Wednesday but we do not know why. Today is Wednesday. so 2 thoughts come to mind

IF AP is sacked .. it pretty much has been "leaked" not that it matters a jot but my respect on that key factor alone will go for NC. AND If nothing happens today are we going to accept or lean towards the fact that they just don't comment? & its a nothing story?

WHERE did all this really come from ...?

Who remembers when AP had "walked" after the 5-1 win?

They didnt comment then either FTR

Of course It might transpire he is sacked or walked today who knows ..

either way I see the f5 key getting used a lot today lol

My mate is a spitting image of AP.

AP best not leave cos it'll screw up any chance of doing the close-season gag where quite a few mates go up to him to get his autograph (prob somewhere like the middle of Southampton precinct). Then enjoy watching him sign away for strangers until someone susses him out.

Childish - but wouldn't you try it for a laugh?

Oh one last thought. Someone said there must be some substance because of the fact mail wouldn't make it up. Oh really? did you see what only yesterday they proclaimed for the world cup squad & players wouldn't get picked .. WHOOPS!! bet that journalist didnt get his bonus!

Personal opinion although not agreeing its the right decision:

Pardew out

Hughes in

Saints fans upset

Hughes proclaims a bright future

Tomorrow, we are back to summer signings as only topic

all in my humble opinion!!!

If Pards stays, will be more than happy however, hopefully, then the Calderon signing can be confirmed!! Just think the above will happen!

Personal opinion although not agreeing its the right decision:

Pardew out

Hughes in

Saints fans upset

Hughes proclaims a bright future

Tomorrow, we are back to summer signings as only topic

all in my humble opinion!!!

If Pards stays, will be more than happy however, hopefully, then the Calderon signing can be confirmed!! Just think the above will happen!

Although I dont see Hughes coming here if he did we could be in the Premiership in a couple of years with the correct investment.

By the way I dont see the current coaching team being around if we are to challenge for the Premiership despite being Very Good in League 1

Although I dont see Hughes coming here if he did we could be in the Premiership in a couple of years with the correct investment.

By the way I dont see the current coaching team being around if we are to challenge for the Premiership despite being Very Good in League 1

Why do you think he will do so well he struggled at Man City to get some great players ( the best in the world in might be argued) performing getting the investment isnt as much a concern as getting a set of players who work as a unit.

but yes agree 100% with your second point