Pardew and board to meet Thursday now...?

saint lard

With Alps on this, I've never heard of a professional business that does not have a business review to monitor past performance and to review the future plans.

If someone wants to interpret that as reviewing AP's future then of course that is what they are doing, AP has next season to plan for, that is in the future. They review and discuss what needs to be done that affects AP AND NC's future.

Would be more worried if there WASN'T a meeting to discuss the future.

And anyway, how do WE know what that review could entail - NC could say - situation changed we have no cash sell everyone. They could say OK buy everyone for the Champions League push now so we can get them cheap...

Logically yes, there would be a season review and this may be all it is. However, I did hear Adam Blackmore on Solent and he was adamant (no pun intended) that he had spoken to someone close to ML and that ML was not happy and that a meeting this week would resolve things. He left no doubt that this "contact" was alluding to Pardew's job being on the line. It should be noted that Solent is the only contracted media source AFAIK at the club and is usually the only media outlet that Cortese speaks to, and Blackmore said he was 100% certain of his source.

Perhaps Cortese just wants to gee Pardew up and remove him from any perceived comfort zone. If, however, he wants to remove him from the club, then once the SWF melt down has abated the focus shifts to possible replacements.

Would Zola be good for us.. probably and would have the international cachet that I suspect ML/NC are really hankering after. In this regard a German candidate seems a likely proposition as we know that ML follows the Bundesliga and as a billionaire industrialist presumably has a lot of clout back in the old country.

Jurgen Klinsmann anyone...?

Delete or merge with any other threads if you see fit....

Ok,not official i believe, but on a couple of SFC groups it is being reported that there is a meeting on Wednesday to decide AP future....

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Southampton/Southampton-Football-Club/269582875366

Truth or stoking the flames of rumour?

Pardew goes upto the door and Knocks.

'Come-a in.'. Pardew walk's into Nic's office.

'Youn wanted to see me, Mr Cotezone.'

'That is a right, Al-a-an. I wish to discuss the future.'

'Yes, no problem. I think it'll be really great. We'll all be wearing these silver suits, and have flying cars. And we'll all live on the moon.'

'No,no, no. I wish to a discuss your a future. 'ere at the club!'

'Oh, ok, Mr Countrywide. What is it you want to discuss.'

'this season I am ****ed off. We are still in this league and I just want to give Marcus a penis.'

'Ere, I'm not the sort to partake of those sort of back door shananigans. You want that manager down the other side of the M27.'

'What is wrong with giving someone a penis? We all like a penis. My mother, My Father, the local priest. They all like a penis. Now you have given the fans a lot of a penis with the paint trophy.'

' No i haven't. I told you............oh, you mean Happiness!!!!'

'What you think I mean?'

'Sorry my Courtroom'.

'Yes. I want to give everyone 'appiness. I not 'appy we still in league one. So don't let it happen again.'

'Sorry Mr Coughtintheact.'

'Yes, well next season we want out.This league no good. We want to rub shoulders with a better class of scum and villany. Like them down the road.'

'Can I have some money please?'

'What you wan' money for? I bought you an ice cream earlier.'

'I would like to buy a player'

'BUY A PLAYER? BUY A PLAYER?'

'I could always, you know, delay paying for him for a while if money is a little.....'

'BUY A PLAYER?' Nic rustles around in his pocket, 'Here. Here's a few quid... there's about fifteen million there. Go and buy a few players. And make sure you keep the receipts'

'Loverly jubbly. HAve you got any players in mind?'

'Yes, get that Sim one Jako from the Gillinanians. No, i'll tell you what! Have a look in the paper and see who the players of the season are for all the other teams and buy them. 'ere. Have a look in this old copy of the Brighton Argus first.'

'Loverly Jubberly Mr Coughsandsneezes.'

'I keep telling you. Courteze, COURTEZE'

'And who does he play for, Mr Courtnet?'

Logically yes, there would be a season review and this may be all it is. However, I did hear Adam Blackmore on Solent and he was adamant (no pun intended) that he had spoken to someone close to ML and that ML was not happy and that a meeting this week would resolve things. He left no doubt that this "contact" was alluding to Pardew's job being on the line. It should be noted that Solent is the only contracted media source AFAIK at the club and is usually the only media outlet that Cortese speaks to, and Blackmore said he was 100% certain of his source.

SORRY but this kinda cancels itself out 1) do you REALLY believe they would divuldge that type of info to any media outlet 2) If the info really came from ML direct do you.. never mind what others are telling you or implying do you really think if they are the only contracted media source that they would risk this ... we all seen how daily echo got kicked into touch.

No I'm sorry I think we have gone from once "source" that has fed the right "feeds" & pressed the right buttons to be honest. There are things that havent helped. However I think we must try & remember bar when it suits them to speak out ( which as I remember it is twice in 9 months) they haven't responded to ANY gossip or rumours

My view has drasically changed over the last 24 hours from he prob is going to there are issues all sides want to address & will this week.

Zola's contract terminated

Looking at some other forums, AP certainly seems the popular choice amongst Hammers fans.

I really hope this doesn't happen as AP is undoubtedly the man to take us through the divisions. I would understand if AP wanted another crack at it with West Ham though, but wonder whether the grass be greener with Gold & Sullivan?

Perhaps Cortese just wants to gee Pardew up and remove him from any perceived comfort zone. If, however, he wants to remove him from the club, then once the SWF melt down has abated the focus shifts to possible replacements.

Would Zola be good for us.. probably and would have the international cachet that I suspect ML/NC are really hankering after. In this regard a German candidate seems a likely proposition as we know that ML follows the Bundesliga and as a billionaire industrialist presumably has a lot of clout back in the old country.

This can be equally read as...

ML is not happy that there is a rift between AP & NC that has been allowed to reach the public domain and he wants to get both parties around the table to resolve the issues between them.

One can read more interpretations into one comment than you can into a pile of statistics

I fully expect there to be a Bored(sic) meeting on Wednesday.

I fully expect it to cover:

* A review of the season. VG-

* Discussion on Retained List half a dozen at least to go

* Agreement of Player budgets and transfer budgets steady as you were

* Pre-Season Planning a tour of all the Swiss Cantonsfollowed by a pre season friendly v. Bayern Munich

* Off Field Closed Season plans hurry up the building at Staplewood

* What hotels Pards/NC will stay in whilst in South Africa Scouting Messi, Xavi, etc etc. Sheraton everywhere

Then Pards and the Players have a month off to watch the world cup

-and learn a few things

I don't doubt what Blackmore said or his source, but this is more likely to be a guess than anything more. Cortese is taking all the decisions here and Liebherr will not be breaking that trend. If Cortese says we should continue with Pardew, that is what will happen.

Cortese'e mind will all ready be made up as to the direction we are going and who will be taking us there. The plans are already in place and by the looks of things from the Brighton player, so are the targets. Targets will remain fluid to a certain extent with availability and being able to get them here, but Wednesdays meeting should be nothing more than to go over what will be happening whilst everyone takes a holiday. If Pardew was going that decision would already have been taken and there would not be a special meeting on Wednesday to tell him. It may well be underlined to Pardew that nothing other than success in the league is acceptable, but I imagine that has already been dealt with and even if not, he's not going to argue otherwise.

No one really has a clue with the exception of Cortese, everything else is just speculation and with the info Cortese gives out, anyone has about the same idea. Apart from this recent bit from Blackmore, all the rumours are coming from the Echo, even those regurgitated items from the Daily Mail.

I don't doubt what Blackmore said or his source, but this is more likely to be a guess than anything more. Cortese is taking all the decisions here and Liebherr will not be breaking that trend. If Cortese says we should continue with Pardew, that is what will happen.

Agree, it's Cortese's call and none of us know yet what his thinking is. However, with regard to Blackmore I can tell you he was more forcefully definite in his comments than words on a page can show.

He first stated his piece somewhat matter of factly and then phone calls/texts started arriving and they put it to him that these were suggesting he was just being negative for the sake of it. Rather than shy away he went front and centre and left no doubt that this was not made up rubbish but was a nugget straight from the horses mouth. He then said, with empthasis, that he would not be putting this info into the public arena if he was not 100% sure of his source.

Note, he did not say Pardew would be sacked, only that ML's dissatisfaction would be addressed at a meeting this week. He did, though, leave little doubt that he was led to believe Pardew's employment would be the main topic of discussion.

As Blackmore presumably has direct contact with NC due to Solent's contract we must assume he knows of what he speaks on this occasion. All of which doesn't alter the fact that Cortese will make a decision and that will be that.

Wonder what odds on us and WHU swapping managers this week...?

Agree, it's Cortese's call and none of us know yet what his thinking is. However, with regard to Blackmore I can tell you he was more forcefully definite in his comments than words on a page can show.

He first stated his piece somewhat matter of factly and then phone calls/texts started arriving and they put it to him that these were suggesting he was just being negative for the sake of it. Rather than shy away he went front and centre and left no doubt that this was not made up rubbish but was a nugget straight from the horses mouth. He then said, with empthasis, that he would not be putting this info into the public arena if he was not 100% sure of his source.

Note, he did not say Pardew would be sacked, only that ML's dissatisfaction would be addressed at a meeting this week. He did, though, leave little doubt that he was led to believe Pardew's employment would be the main topic of discussion.

As Blackmore presumably has direct contact with NC due to Solent's contract we must assume he knows of what he speaks on this occasion. All of which doesn't alter the fact that Cortese will make a decision and that will be that.

Wonder what odds on us and WHU swapping managers this week...?

Pardew won't get West Ham, Don"t know where that idea comes from.

Grant or Bilic take your pick.

I don't doubt what

IF he has given out info he's heard ( which i now seriously doubt) he clearly wont get anymore UNLESS it was deliberate.. do any of you think NC would do that? i don't. I think he would either do it upfront or not at all & again say I think ONLY his closest confidences would know & god help them & there jobs if they broke that.

Zola's contract terminated

Looking at some other forums, AP certainly seems the popular choice amongst Hammers fans.

I really hope this doesn't happen as AP is undoubtedly the man to take us through the divisions. I would understand if AP wanted another crack at it with West Ham though, but wonder whether the grass be greener with Gold & Sullivan?

I see another Hoddle to Tottenham scenario coming. Pardew will be saying 'If it had been any other club than West Ham, I would have turned it down, but I just had to say yes to my spiritual home'!

I see another Hoddle to Tottenham scenario coming. Pardew will be saying 'If it had been any other club than West Ham, I would have turned it down, but I just had to say yes to my spiritual home'!

hasnt he already said something similar about west ham this season..?

The Mail - no I do not read it the source is Newsnow - has just published that Pardew goes tomorrow to be replaced by Steve Cotterill. Well they will be right or wrong and in view of the garbage they normally publish I am banking that nothing will happen.

Edited by LostBoys
cannot spell his name

The Mail - no I do not read it the source is Newsnow - has just published that Pardew goes tomorrow to be replaced by Steve Cotterell. Well they will be right or wrong and in view of the garbage they normally publish I am banking that nothing will happen.

I hope you are right. I wouldn't want Cotteril to replace Pards!

granted, but he got them promoted and as a football man would want to do it again! It would be very shabby to leave with the job he started half done!
He'd jump at the chance, not saying it's gonna happen. Next season County will be lucky to stay out of admin. As for him not being a good manager, he's done absolute wonders at County, they were 13 points behind rochdale when he took over and ended up winning the league by 10 points.

At least it would be after the season had finished...Hoddle on the other hand............

Hope Pards is still here when we kick off 2010/2011, if not I'll back whoever is, hopefully someone (tho I can't see how up at this level) better and, as suggested, Cotterill doesn't seem an improvement in the slightest.

cotterill ?? FFS no way

Why??? Typical saints fans already slagging the guy off, as I said before he's done a brilliant job at Notts county and think he'd get us promoted with ease, the one thing I don't like about him is his face, he's proper ugly and not a patch on handsome Alan.

Why??? Typical saints fans already slagging the guy off, as I said before he's done a brilliant job at Notts county and think he'd get us promoted with ease, the one thing I don't like about him is his face, he's proper ugly and not a patch on handsome Alan.

Because Alan is doing a good job and Cotterill is lower league. Typical saints fan already giving up on the current manager before he's gone.

Because Alan is doing a good job and Cotterill is lower league. Typical saints fan already giving up on the current manager before he's gone.
I want Alan to stay but if he goes I'm not going to be suicidal like most on here, I trust the new chairman to get it right.

Here we go - so it's a text from a mate who got a text from another mate who had a text from the reserve team player? Which club does that player play for?

No idea - like I said, I think it is rubbish but thought I would share to add to the hysteria that consumes this place on a daily basis!

you still refuse to believe that something is wrong..?

Show me evidence in what Pardew has said or Nicola has said that he's not going to be here next season. All I've seen so far is speculation from the forum and media.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong tomorrow but I really feel sorry for Pardew because, if he goes, it's down to the rumours that have been going on rather than his results on the field this season. If I was him I'd say f*** you all if you really don't trust what I'm saying in interviews.

Show me evidence in what Pardew has said or Nicola has said that he's not going to be here next season. All I've seen so far is speculation from the forum and media.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong tomorrow but I really feel sorry for Pardew because, if he goes, it's down to the rumours that have been going on rather than his results on the field this season. If I was him I'd say f*** you all if you really don't trust what I'm saying in interviews.

dont be stupid...

Hmmm im quite sceptical as all this seems to be originating from the Daily Mail and no other paper really seems to have ran with such a story. Would it be below Lowe to start trying to cause uncertainty at the club especially seeing as he has links to the Daily Mail??