NC

Justin C

i do..just go on any other message board and ask that question..what do you reckon the large majority of the football world think..?

Lol...ask a message board to find out what the larger majority of the

football world think...priceless.

PMSL

Lol...ask a message board to find out what the larger majority of the

football world think...priceless.

PMSL

seriously...apart from saints fans..what do you reckon the answer would be...

you really think other people than saints fans will think pardew is a better manager than hughes..?

seriously...apart from saints fans..what do you reckon the answer would be...

you really think other people than saints fans will think pardew is a better manager than hughes..?

As i said before it is all about OPINIONS and nothing more.

I just find it really funny that you think that message boards are the

fountain of all credible football opinion....hilarious

As i said before it is all about OPINIONS and nothing more.

I just find it really funny that you think that message boards are the

fountain of all credible football opinion....hilarious

no answer then..

well, I think hughes is a better manager than pardew..

as for message boards..isnt it normal fans that use them..?

But Hughes would be a better manager in the Premiership I would have thought

We have got a bloody long way to go before we get anywhere near the premiership. Pardew is a much better manager at this and championship level than Hughes will ever be.

Noooooooooo to Hughes !

Oh and NC was at the game...... was right behind me.

no answer then..

well, I think hughes is a better manager than pardew..

as for message boards..isnt it normal fans that use them..?

FFS... Do i have to say it again..IT IS ALL OPINION.

It is just normal fans as you say but not the "majority of people in football"

Message boards are not "people in football"...they are in the main just fans.

The decision makers in football are directors,football advisors,people with

experience in the running football clubs,playing the game,hands on experience not people like you and me.

And for the record i think Alan Pardew is a better manager.

Are you honestly suggesting you would rather have Rickie Lambert than Fernando Torres? Is that what you are telling me?

Yes, in this league. Rickie Lambert scored 30 goals, Torres wouldn't get 10.

Now, if you're asking me who should play up front for Spain or Chelsea, different question.

But Torrres cannot cope with 20 Premiership home games, how the hell could he cope with 50 games in this league and the JPT?

Football is like racing - horses for courses.

Now, if you're asking me who should play up front for Spain or Chelsea, different question.

But Torrres cannot cope with 20 Premiership home games, how the hell could he cope with 50 games in this league and the JPT?

now the lunatics are running the asylum...feck me

opposition wouldn't even get near him in this league, due to his movement and pace - so it's rare he'd get fouled anyway.

he'd push for 40+ goals at this level.

why am i even debating this?....:rolleyes:

opposition wouldn't even get near him in this league, due to his movement and pace - so it's rare he'd get fouled anyway.

he'd push for 40+ goals at this level.

why am i even debating this?....:rolleyes:

The problem is that Torres would not get the service, would not be able to hold the ball up against the kind of centre backs in this league and I genuinely doubt whether he would play more than 15 games.

Look, who was the better horse - Nijinski or Red Rum?

One could win the Triple Crown but in a million years he could not have won the Grand National!!

The problem is that Torres would not get the service, would not be able to hold the ball up against the kind of centre backs in this league and I genuinely doubt whether he would play more than 15 games.

Look, who was the better horse - Nijinski or Red Rum?

One could win the Triple Crown but in a million years he could not have won the Grand National!!

Steeple Chasing is a different sport to Flat Racing

Like Rugby Union Football is a Different game to Association Football

Lets just quote this.

"Torres wouldn't get 10 goals in league one"

My god some of our fans are complete morons.

I actually agree with you here.

No-one's suggesting Lambert is anywhere near the level of Torres, however the question that's realistically being asked is:

What would you prefer over the course of the season (a) 46 matches worth of Lambert or (b) 20 matches worth of Torres?

The answer is emphatically (a), simply because we'd stuggle in the matches where we were without our top striker

I was told at the time, that Mark Hughes was interviewed at SMS for two hours on Sat Mar 6th, at the same time we were playing Tranmere away. Which was why Weston and I were were trying to find out, whether anybody had seen Nicola at Tranmere. As far as we know he wasn't there.

Steeple Chasing is a different sport to Flat Racing

Like Rugby Union Football is a Different game to Association Football

No, racing is racing. Thousands of horses progress from flat to jumps - hundreds run under both codes each season.

The points is this league requires something totally different to skipping about for a dozen games on billiard tables. It requires stamina - which Lambert clearly has and Torres clearly hasn't.

If Torres had played 50 games for Liverpool and scored 30 goals I would say sign him up.

No, racing is racing. Thousands of horses progress from flat to jumps - hundreds run under both codes each season.

The points is this league requires something totally different to skipping about for a dozen games on billiard tables. It requires stamina - which Lambert clearly has and Torres clearly hasn't.

If Torres had played 50 games for Liverpool and scored 30 goals I would say sign him up.

you are talking utter crud...torres has had injury problems this season..because for the last 3 seasons or so he has played non stop..liverpool, euro championships, liverpool, confederations cup, liverpool

he also plays the lone striker role and is easily one of the best in the world

fuk me...are you actually completely insane

3 seasons for liverpool - 116 games, 72 goals

utterly barking you are

Edited by Thedelldays

I was told at the time, that Mark Hughes was interviewed at SMS for two hours on Sat Mar 6th, at the same time we were playing Tranmere away. Which was why Weston and I were were trying to find out, whether anybody had seen Nicola at Tranmere. As far as we know he wasn't there.

It does seem a bit indiscreet doing it this way - you would have thought that seeing as Saints were in the North West and Hughes lives that way that they would have met on the Friday evening at Hughes home for example. That is assuming any of this is true.

This season he has played 20 games for Liverpool? Lambert has played 50+?

Don't they teach maths any more?

Fecking Labour government.

If Torres played 20 games in League One, he would easily score 20 goals, easily. He is world class. Lambert is a League One player who has done well to score the 30 goals he has.

And this talk about League One centre halves being able to cope with Torres better than Premier League defenders is unbelieveable. League One defenders wouldn't get near him.

You also say he wouldn't get the service... Lallana's had enough service to be able to get 20 goals this season and he's had just as many chances as Lambert, and that's right, he's on the wing.

Ridiculous!

I dont think for a minute that any interview for a position that is already occupied would take place at the workplace.

IF, and its a big if lets be honest, he really was interviewed there are numerous places that it could take place that are more discreet than St Marys.

At Hughes's home for instance ?

It does seem a bit indiscreet doing it this way - you would have thought that seeing as Saints were in the North West and Hughes lives that way that they would have met on the Friday evening at Hughes home for example. That is assuming any of this is true.

I thought that at the time but the tip came from a couple of non connected sources. We were never able to confirm one way or the other.

I dont think for a minute that any interview for a position that is already occupied would take place at the workplace.

IF, and its a big if lets be honest, he really was interviewed there are numerous places that it could take place that are more discreet than St Marys.

At Hughes's home for instance ?

I would have thought SMS on a Saturday afternoon with Saints playing away would be akin to the middle of the Sahara.

The last place they would interview Hughes would be at the club. NC is definitely not that stupid - credit him with a bit of discretion.

Hughes's knowledge of League One football is zero - one of the main reasons they appointed AP in the first place was because he already had experience throughout the divisions and achieving promotions. Why would it suddenly be better to appoint someone without knowledge of the teams and players they were up against?

As for Keegan - he doesn't even know whats going on in the Premier League, let alone our division. Apparently he hadn't even watched a match for a couple of years before turning up at Newcastle asking for Ronaldo.

Proper managers rather then celebrity managers turn up with a shopping list of players suitable for the job in hand. Pardew's transfer record is as good as we could possibly expect. I'll be fuming if NC gets rid of him.

The last place they would interview Hughes would be at the club. NC is definitely not that stupid - credit him with a bit of discretion.

Hughes's knowledge of League One football is zero - one of the main reasons they appointed AP in the first place was because he already had experience throughout the divisions and achieving promotions. Why would it suddenly be better to appoint someone without knowledge of the teams and players they were up against?

As for Keegan - he doesn't even know whats going on in the Premier League, let alone our division. Apparently he hadn't even watched a match for a couple of years before turning up at Newcastle asking for Ronaldo.

Proper managers rather then celebrity managers turn up with a shopping list of players suitable for the job in hand. Pardew's transfer record is as good as we could possibly expect. I'll be fuming if NC gets rid of him.

Totally, let's be honest who knew of Dan Harding?

Right, so we see Torres scoring a hatrick at Tranmere in a bog do we?

Well that's just a stupid comparison because Rickie wouldn't score a hattrick in a bog at Tranmere. I'm 100% sure Torres would have a better chance of doing that. You're nuts. If people say David Connolly looks too good to be playing in this league what would people say about Torres??

I would have thought SMS on a Saturday afternoon with Saints playing away would be akin to the middle of the Sahara.

Would be interesting to know if any of the corporate facilities were being used that day for starters, thats aside from anyone wandering around generally or people coming in and out of the megastore.

Just cos Saints were playing away it doesnt mean there was tumbleweed being blown past the reception doors.

Well that's just a stupid comparison because Rickie wouldn't score a hattrick in a bog at Tranmere. I'm 100% sure Torres would have a better chance of doing that. You're nuts. If people say David Connolly looks too good to be playing in this league what would people say about Torres??

Look, there is no doubt who is the better footballer, no doubt at all.

Whether Torres could cope with the way we play football is my question. Is he a hold up player, target man who can muscle his way through the area on the end of a long ball? Doesn't look like that to me? He gets time and the sort of passing he could only dream about in this league.

One early crunching tackle on August 5th and he'd be bed warming.

Why are we even debating this nonsensical argument. Are we thinking of signing him, and Messi maybe?

Look, there is no doubt who is the better footballer, no doubt at all.

Whether Torres could cope with the way we play football is my question. Is he a hold up player, target man who can muscle his way through the area on the end of a long ball? Doesn't look like that to me? He gets time and the sort of passing he could only dream about in this league.

One early crunching tackle on August 5th and he'd be bed warming.

Why are we even debating this nonsensical argument. Are we thinking of signing him, and Messi maybe?

have you ever watched torres play..he plays as a lone striker for most games for liverpool...sheer pace..good heading and one of the worlds best finishers..

you are a loon..I thought I could wind this place up but dear god..

have you ever watched torres play..he plays as a lone striker for most games for liverpool...sheer pace..good heading and one of the worlds best finishers..

you are a loon..I thought I could wind this place up but dear god..

Serious question to you. Why do you go "on the wind up" so often, and do you get bored with it? seriously what is the point, are you that bored in life?

We would be insane to get rid of Pardew at this stage. You have to give him until Xmas at least!!

No let,s get rid of him now. We could have a summer of limbo with the exception of a few of the better players leaving.Get a new manager in half way through a disrupted pre-season,miss out on any new players in the summer window while the new manager takes stock of what he,s got. Get a few players in late and then wait for everyone to " gel ".

Result - one BIG step backwards.

From what I understand NC was not at the game today and the last place you would find him would be in the Dell Cafe Bar as stated in the OT, so sorry mate I think that is big toilet. I have a work colleague and his son in law is employed by SFC and the low down on NC is that he is not the most liked person he is rude and arrogant. Members of staff have be told do not speak to him unless he speaks to you first.

I have just come back from spending the weekend at a friends wedding in Southampton where I me a lady whose son works for SFC. She said that her son does not like NC and confirmed that he is not popluar within many of the staff there.

Hughes wouldnt be at todays game with any intentions of taking over....look at how he lost his job. He would not do business with any team still under management. FACT

This summer is going to be a nightmare with the bollix that some posters spout.

Season finished 2 hours ago and we already have...

- New signing

- Hope you said bye to Lallana

- Hughes was at the game

- ML didnt attend as he is furious about progress

- Programme conspiracy

- AP is off

- betting scandals

Its going to be a long summer.......................

no change from what we had all winter from you :D