NC

Justin C

From what I understand NC was not at the game today and the last place you would find him would be in the Dell Cafe Bar as stated in the OT, so sorry mate I think that is big toilet. I have a work colleague and his son in law is employed by SFC and the low down on NC is that he is not the most liked person he is rude and arrogant. Members of staff have be told do not speak to him unless he speaks to you first.

To be fair, when I was in the army, one of my Captin's could be 'very rude and arrogant' but looking back they made the LAD work the hardest, and other that you were more comfortable under we would not.

I have a great deal of confidence in NC and I do belive people in these positions should command respect in order to keep staff on there toes and demand high standerds in whatever they may do.

The amount of hours it sounds like puts into the club make me think that he does not expect anything that he would not do himself.

From what I understand NC was not at the game today and the last place you would find him would be in the Dell Cafe Bar as stated in the OT, so sorry mate I think that is big toilet. I have a work colleague and his son in law is employed by SFC and the low down on NC is that he is not the most liked person he is rude and arrogant. Members of staff have be told do not speak to him unless he speaks to you first.

Incorrect, I was at the game in the itchin stand and NC was 100% there but no ML

Cortese was there, was stood in the directors box - 100%

Incorrect, I was at the game in the itchin stand and NC was 100% there but no ML

I was at the game but I was going by what a steward told me, but I still stand by what I said about the Dell Cafe.

I can confirm that NC was indeed in the Dell bar after the game he was wearing a suit with trainers !! And drinking half a lager ! He had his picture taken with several fans.

To be fair, when I was in the army, one of my Captin's could be 'very rude and arrogant' but looking back they made the LAD work the hardest, and other that you were more comfortable under we would not.

I have a great deal of confidence in NC and I do belive people in these positions should command respect in order to keep staff on there toes and demand high standerds in whatever they may do.

The amount of hours it sounds like puts into the club make me think that he does not expect anything that he would not do himself.

I think you're right. You get a lot of managing directors who are nice and friendly, but they always make sure they have utter cvnts working under them to get the job done. NC is just hands on IMO and bypasses the middle men.

wrong he was there

there's no group that love some gossip and intrigue as much as us saints fans! not a few hours after the end of the season and already it's rife, this is going to be one hell of a summer!

my bet is that hughes will sign, bringing carsten jancker with him.

there's no group that love some gossip and intrigue as much as us saints fans! not a few hours after the end of the season and already it's rife, this is going to be one hell of a summer!

my bet is that hughes will sign, bringing carsten jancker with him.

They've got a whole summer to build up rumours like this

By the end of July someone "In the Know" will be telling us it's a fact from a friend who knows one of the caterers who work at the club that NC has planted a nuclear bomb up AP's arse in an assasination attempt ordered directly by ML from a bunker in Switzerland

FFS!

I'm back from the pub and can confirm that neither ML or NC were in a any of the pubs I went to tonight. And neither was Mark Hughes.

At least I didn't see them. But my mate thinks he might have seen at least one of them. But I don't believe him.

Thread summarised me thinks.

OOO

MARK HUGHES was at the game today and rumour has it that he taking over from pardew, according to a well placed saints trust board member. i hope this is not true!!!

+1 totally useless spending a fortune at City. Decent job at Blackburn but come on. Pardew is just as good if not better that Hughes. A big mistake as far as I'm concerned if this is going to happen. They (NC and ML) better have a bigger name than Hughes if they're going to sack Pardew!!

+1 totally useless spending a fortune at City. Decent job at Blackburn but come on. Pardew is just as good if not better that Hughes. A big mistake as far as I'm concerned if this is going to happen. They (NC and ML) better have a bigger name than Hughes if they're going to sack Pardew!!

pardew better than hughes..

behave yourself ffs, that is why pardew is in league 1 and hughes got the chop for slipping to 7th or so in the premiership

MARK HUGHES was at the game today and rumour has it that he taking over from pardew, according to a well placed saints trust board member. i hope this is not true!!!

Heard the same rumour, don't think it would be the cleverest move. I would take Pardew with a years league 1 experience over Hughes any day.

Heard the same rumour, don't think it would be the cleverest move. I would take Pardew with a years league 1 experience over Hughes any day.

Agreed.

Frankly,I would not want Hughes at Saints in any event.I recall he displayed an arrogant contempt for Saints whilst he played for us,and his part in splitting the dressing room spirit in the early part of the 'great escape' season.

Hughes is a c^nt in my book.

If we got Mark Hughes as manager then I would be made up. Same reason why if we signed Torres and let Rickie go I would be sad understand that we have got a significant upgrade. Pardew has done alright but I think we can do better (and who knows he may want to leave!).

I thought the dark cloud of 'a chairman interfering in football matters' had gone when that idiot Rupert Lowe left, but it seems one fool has replaced another if the rumours are to be believed.

This concerns me, too...

I would lie about seeing a guy a have photo with him if you want PM me and I will send you it. He was there fact.

If we got Mark Hughes as manager then I would be made up. Same reason why if we signed Torres and let Rickie go I would be sad understand that we have got a significant upgrade. Pardew has done alright but I think we can do better (and who knows he may want to leave!).

So you would swap a bloke who has scored 30 goals for a bloke with a passion for the treatment table...

If you sign a striker and expect him to score 20 goals, but he scores 2 - do you give him another season and hope he can score more? or do you sign a striker who scores 20 goals every season?

Your opinion is not really required. You are a wum, and definately not a Saint.

personally, i would love saints to bring in sparky! he was my idol in my younger days (i'm welsh) so when i signed for the academy under dave jones, i was lucky enough to meet hughes. defo not arrogant, but there always used to be a group of players that kept themselves together i.e le tiss, frannie, dodd hughesie wasnt one of them.

I think this is all complete b*llocks. AP has done all that could have been expected of him this season and now is in a perfect position to hit next season running with a proper pre-season and no points deduction behind him.

If we have just signed this Calderon chap from Brighton this is surely all the proof we need that the final tweaks to the team are being made already in preperation for next season and that AP has obviously asked NC to go out and sign the player!

Does anyone seriously think we would do that and then within days sack the manager?

Too many people on here that just want to stir things up and have grossly over active immaginations.

What exactly has he ever done to indicate he can manage anything other than his own bank account?

personally, i would love saints to bring in sparky! he was my idol in my younger days (i'm welsh) so when i signed for the academy under dave jones, i was lucky enough to meet hughes. defo not arrogant, but there always used to be a group of players that kept themselves together i.e le tiss, frannie, dodd hughesie wasnt one of them.

So Hughes did not feel he wanted to become part of the 'spirit of Southampton' but preferred his own elevated clique of Hirst and Carlton Palmer,all of whom thought they were above the club and their team mates.

Hughes greatest impact on the club during his time here was his willingness to be on the payroll and accept his inflated wage.

I saw Nicola, by Marcus, at the end watching the players lap of honour.

Perhaps they both sent their doubles to the match.

what a kick on the ******** for Pards, totally and utterly unfair if it happens.

Hughes is a good manager, I'm not doubting that - but if we go about replacing him in this way, when there is actually no need, then someone needs to have a word with themselves.

Makes perfect sense

Mark Hughes, after leaving Man City (very rich Prem Team), is gagging to take over a DIVISION ONE, ie THIRD LEVEL Team

....... PS, please advise what you are on, as I'd like to get some:cool:

If Mark Hughes had been there today then he's far too high profile not to have been photographed. Has anyone seen one yet? No.

If something was included in the matchday programme that was a bit dodgy then we'd have seen a scan of it by now. Has anyone? No.

Was I happy we missed out on the playoff? No. Did it stop me going yesterday? No.

FFS some people need to wake up and smell what they're shoveling. Think it's safe to say Markus was stranded due to the ash cloud over Switzerland,I really doubt he'd tear his nose off to spite his face by staying at home,what a load of crap! We saw how happy he was after we won the JPT just over a month ago,didn't look like he was that unhappy there did it. Stop listening to the local station that gets most of it's Sains gossip from here,and the local rag of a paper that's fit to wipe my arse with. Both of those media outlets should be encouraging and backing the Saints,not spreading rumours and lies about them.

If Mark Hughes was at the game yesterday, I am positive I would have heard about this in far more detail or actually seen the bloke.

NC was definitely at the game with Nick Holmes sat behind him.

ML definitely not at the game.

Mark Hughes definitely not at the game.

Nick Holmes to be next Saints manager then.Obvious !

If you sign a striker and expect him to score 20 goals, but he scores 2 - do you give him another season and hope he can score more? or do you sign a striker who scores 20 goals every season?

Not really an accurate analogy is it. More like you wanted 20 and he scored 18 or 19!

But he hit the post 4 times, crossbar twice and had 3 cleared off the line.

Do you sack or encourage to go one better next season?

pardew better than hughes..

behave yourself ffs, that is why pardew is in league 1 and hughes got the chop for slipping to 7th or so in the premiership

Your opinion again....only your opinion..

My opinion Pardew is better than Hughes, just my opinion

Behave yourself and accept others have a different view...

i do..just go on any other message board and ask that question..what do you reckon the large majority of the football world think..?

Hughes was a much better player than Pardew