Don't go on the pitch please.

markr27

For as long back as i can remember, ie the late 60's, we all went onto the pitch on the last day of the season at the dell. We sang the players and managers names until they came out in the stand in the corporate seats area. Why can't they do that at SMS? Theres always plenty of room up there!

At least that way we could:

Do without the comments from an up your own arZE bloke who is an overpaid carpark attendant,

Give the idiots a chance to go on pitch,

Those that don't give a fig in the corporate seats can go to the bar early,

and even the old buggers who find it hard to move out of there seats in the kingsland get a good view as well.

Easy and everyones a winner.

Oh, for Christ sake. It takes something for a middle-aged woman to get upset about all the po-faced people posting here, but pleeeese. I accept the players aren't going to parade with their little kiddies with people on the pitch (and the piccie I saw with a player and toddler was just great), but any of you who thing that there is tremendous harm on going on a pitch after the last game of the season really need to get a grip. I presume you're the sort of people who can be sacked by a company without a murmur of complaint just because you were told off.

Look, we're not advocating a riot and burning down banks, but a bit of good-humoured exuberance is surely something to be welcomed. It's all part of being a fan and enjoying the experience..

"You'll never stop the East Stand, you'll never stop the East Stand" :-)

well said sue whistle. i'm shocked at how easily upset some of our fans get. it's football FFS, day out for the lads, nothing wrong with a bit of rogue behaviour

Unfortunately, I wasn't in attendance today due to work commitments.

Most of the 25,000 there today would have been straight on if it had confirmed a place in the play-offs or kept us up. ****ing Hypocrits the lot of you. Never happy

well said, couldn't have put it better myself!

Um, I was next to my other half and some friends and a concrete wall :) However, I used to live in Tibberton nr Droitwich so coincidences and all that :D

Which means you would have been sat directly behind a lady friend of mine and her daughter.

True story.

Lucky you.

Which means you would have been sat directly behind a lady friend of mine and her daughter.

True story.

Lucky you.

Nope, not me, between me and the pitch is one row and that was taken up by a bloke and his son, behind me the usual ST holders have been relocated (and if you knew the area you'd know why) and there were no ladies behind me (thank god - when I've got the kids with me I'm very good but without them, not so good at keeping the expletives in :) )

Nope, not me, between me and the pitch is one row and that was taken up by a bloke and his son, behind me the usual ST holders have been relocated (and if you knew the area you'd know why) and there were no ladies behind me (thank god - when I've got the kids with me I'm very good but without them, not so good at keeping the expletives in :) )

She was sat behind a guy in a wheelchair. You would notice her, she's a bit of a looker. xx

For as long back as i can remember, ie the late 60's, we all went onto the pitch on the last day of the season at the dell. We sang the players and managers names until they came out in the stand in the corporate seats area. Why can't they do that at SMS? Theres always plenty of room up there!

At least that way we could:

Do without the comments from an up your own arZE bloke who is an overpaid carpark attendant,

Give the idiots a chance to go on pitch,

Those that don't give a fig in the corporate seats can go to the bar early,

and even the old buggers who find it hard to move out of there seats in the kingsland get a good view as well.

Easy and everyones a winner.

this

Any idea if the club will be handing out banning orders?

If you went on the pitch would you be surprised if you got a banning order? I didn't go on the pitch because it's published that you could get banned (and overstated on the tannoy). I hope they ban them for a few games just so they realise that the club is serious when they announce "DONT RUN ON THE F*CKING PITCH"

The idiots who ran on the pitch should be ashamed of themselves. Disgusting, selfish behaviour.

Shut up 9 toes.

I can't believe the amount of people having a paddy over a very minor pitch invasion which involved no goading of away fans and everyone was on and off in less than 2 minutes.

Get a grip of reality you mongs.

A few points:

1) the pitch invasion used to be a regular end of season thing and is just a bit of a laugh really (although personally I stopped finding it fun when I was about 14)

2) most of the people who ran on did look like utter, utter plonkers

3) some of the arrests made by stewards were very funny indeed

4) the repetition of that announcement three times was absolutely retarded - whoever was in charge of that is a plank

5) i don't think anyone was "celebrating finishing 7th" or anything of the sort, just end of season hijinks

6) we'll walk the league next season.

Shut up 9 toes.

I can't believe the amount of people having a paddy over a very minor pitch invasion which involved no goading of away fans and everyone was on and off in less than 2 minutes.

Get a grip of reality you mongs.

thought you were in the pub before the final whistle :p

I thought it was all very funny. I hadn't realised people were actually going to go on the pitch at the end, and I'm not sure many would have if it weren;t for the announcer going the young and the drunk to do so. The reaction to his announcements were fantastic and I have rarely heard the whole ground react as one like that before, solidarity!

I also found the Kingsland goading of the Northam very funny. 'Shall we sing a song for you?!'

And then when the old 'we're the Kingsland, we're the kingsland...' started and the Northam responded half heartedly, the Kingsland Booed them and then the Notrtham got a big ssshhhhh.

All in all, a great day that could have been a dull 0-0 with not much going on. The players and the fans put some effort in and we all had a good day. So what if a couple of lads ran on the pitch. Watching one of them get flipped and slammed to the ground was hilarious. I think they thought they would just get hearded off rather than the odd one being the dummy for a wannabe WWF! :)

Next season, we clinch promotion and win the league, that game, we invade the pitch. Also, when we go on to win the Championship, we go on the pitch. Lastly, when we win the Premiership and the Champions league, we will all remain in our seats, pinching ourselves and having heart attacks, you choose.

I have never understood why fans of clubs such as Chelsea or Man Utd don't invade the pitch when they win the league? I am sure if we won the Premier League there would be the biggest pitch invasion in history.

I have never understood why fans of clubs such as Chelsea or Man Utd don't invade the pitch when they win the league? I am sure if we won the Premier League there would be the biggest pitch invasion in history.

Always wondered this!

When you see the likes of Leeds, Grimsby, Chesterfield and Blackpool doing it over the past few weeks. So much more passion down in the lower leagues

to all those who think it is bad to run on the pitch, watch this video - this is what football is all about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAAD06BHZlw

If we scored a last minute winner to seal promotion (I'm guessing that's what's going on there) then I could see the argument. You can't just go running onto the pitch willy nilly whenever you feel like it. There have been huge fights, players and official assaulted etc. because of pitch invasions.