Don't go on the pitch please.

markr27

I may be wrong but wasn't a last match pitch invasion almost obligatory when we played at the Dell ? Apart from one game ( 1978 ) when Spuds fans typically kicked off even though BOTH teams had been promoted it was always a fun thing and the Police/Stewards knew it was coming. The players got off without any harm and then thanked the fans from the Stands. I guess we live in different times or is my memory not as good as it used to be ?

Well done you! If you couldn`t have cared less, why did you go? Obviously not to support the team because they have disappointed you so much this season.

chanting and singing in a tribalistic manner, watching live foootball and drinking with mates. just so happens southampton are my local team, obligation i suppose.

that announcer is an absolutely moron. did you hear him at the end? "despite the minor pitch incursion, i will not hold that against you, and will allow the players to come back out onto the pitch"... since when do announcers make big decisions like that? patronising *****.

about the invaders, i think the average age of that lot (about 150 people for those who weren't there) was no higher that 17 so it's not too embarrassing. still pretty pathetic though.

50% of people who follow saints away, do it for the day itself, not just the game.

Um, Colchester, Brighton - neither of which I did it for the day, was always the game. From your comments tonight you're not really a Saints supporter are you? You just live in Southampton and want to see a game of football every now and then. 'Days out'? lol

Um, Colchester, Brighton - neither of which I did it for the day, was always the game. From your comments tonight you're not really a Saints supporter are you? You just live in Southampton and want to see a game of football every now and then. 'Days out'? lol

no, i dont go every now and then. i go every week and have watched saints for about 12 years. I would defend saints 'honour' in an argument, shout from the roof tops i support saints and feel genuinely gutted that we are to spend another year in the third tier of english football.

The JPT cost us promotion, seems a big price to pay.

Please explain, exactly, ow the JPT cost us promotion.

You could start by mentioning which players picked up injuries/suspensions during JPT games which mean they missed certain league matches which we subsequently lost but cxertainly would not have done had they played (in your mind).

Please, please, explain this to me because I have heard this assertation before but no one has thus far backed this up with any hard evidence.

and feel genuinely gutted that we are to spend another year in the third tier of english football.

Don't we all? But the difference is that some of us have realistic expectations of what a manager and his team can do in a season. However others just seem to want to moan about performance and be completely negative regardless of the situation. Those are the types of fans we can do without.

Don't we all? But the difference is that some of us have realistic expectations of what a manager and his team can do in a season. However others just seem to want to moan about performance and be completely negative regardless of the situation. Those are the types of fans we can do without.

but the self righteous ones like yourself are ok?

no, i dont go every now and then. i go every week and have watched saints for about 12 years. I would defend saints 'honour' in an argument, shout from the roof tops i support saints and feel genuinely gutted that we are to spend another year in the third tier of english football.

I am disappointed that we didn`t get promoted, but I have had a great season (certainly compared with recent ones) and was very happy to show my appreciation for the effort put in by the team this year, and the enjoyment that they have given me. Obviously not enough for you.

no. the fans in the stadium also disapproved of you and your friend's little outing onto the pitch.

bet it was well wicked though mush innit?

Unfortunately, I wasn't in attendance today due to work commitments.

Most of the 25,000 there today would have been straight on if it had confirmed a place in the play-offs or kept us up. ****ing Hypocrits the lot of you. Never happy

50% of people who follow saints away, do it for the day itself, not just the game.

I've watched Saints for 30 yrs home and away. Yes - away games are about making it a day out but the game and result is always the over riding factor.

Please don't pretend that an away game at a pokey little ground in london equals 50k at Wembley.

Not sure how long you've watched football - hope you made the most of Wembley because it's quite conceivable you won't get there again as a Saints fan

Unfortunately, I wasn't in attendance today due to work commitments.

Most of the 25,000 there today would have been straight on if it had confirmed a place in the play-offs or kept us up. ****ing Hypocrits the lot of you. Never happy

lol, now that's just not true is it? :lol:

never happy? it's been a great season, i'm pretty happy.

I may be wrong but wasn't a last match pitch invasion almost obligatory when we played at the Dell ? Apart from one game ( 1978 ) when Spuds fans typically kicked off even though BOTH teams had been promoted it was always a fun thing and the Police/Stewards knew it was coming. The players got off without any harm and then thanked the fans from the Stands. I guess we live in different times or is my memory not as good as it used to be ?

You're not wrong, I remember us playing Wimbledon and everyone going on the pitch and Neil Ruddock throwing his shorts into the crowd, he sttod there in his pants dancing, people get upset about anything these days.

I've watched Saints for 30 yrs home and away. Yes - away games are about making it a day out but the game and result is always the over riding factor.

Please don't pretend that an away game at a pokey little ground in london equals 50k at Wembley.

Not sure how long you've watched football - hope you made the most of Wembley because it's quite conceivable you won't get there again as a Saints fan

i wasnt too impressed with wembley, was a bit of a let down (plasticky), and I preferred the old one. The atmosphere was poor and the train journey was horrendous because a load of fairweather fans decided they wanted to see wembley. It was hard to celebrate winning the trophy because it didnt mean anything. Leyton orient was good for drinking, really good atmosphere in the pub, train and ground and we came back from 2-0 to get a result. The next time i go to wembley I want it to be one of those games where I feel nervous to the point of shaking. ie playoffs or FA Cup Semi or final.

lol@ the whole of the Northam singing 'on the pitch on the pitch' for the whole of the second half and then chanting '******s' when people actually did go on the pitch.

Sums up our support...

The people around me (myself included) were singing it taking the **** out of the unnecessary repeated announcements... unfortunately, some thought it would be a bright idea to get on the pitch anyway. If the team hadn't come back out as a result of what happened, as was indicated, I'm sure there would have been many less than impressed supporters, don't you think?

Just find it a shame that the actions of a few could have spoilt it for so many...

Edited by Michelle

lol@ the whole of the Northam singing 'on the pitch on the pitch' for the whole of the second half and then chanting '******s' when people actually did go on the pitch.

Sums up our support...

you looked like you were having a laugh, loving the matey in the blue who did a stevie g slide on the belly. top notch.

Yeah its tradition i thought.

where were the dogs this year? that really got us going last year.

Well, I'm sure I saw Elvis around 57 seconds in :)

Knobs, they get out there, look around to see who "thinks they are cool", see that it is no-one and then don't really know what to do as it slowly dawns on them that they look like a right shower of ****s.

i wasnt too impressed with wembley, was a bit of a let down (plasticky), and I preferred the old one. The atmosphere was poor and the train journey was horrendous because a load of fairweather fans decided they wanted to see wembley. It was hard to celebrate winning the trophy because it didnt mean anything. Leyton orient was good for drinking, really good atmosphere in the pub, train and ground and we came back from 2-0 to get a result. The next time i go to wembley I want it to be one of those games where I feel nervous to the point of shaking. ie playoffs or FA Cup Semi or final.

I think a lot of people agree with this tbf. They probably just don't like to admit it. Brentford away on the terrace and the equaliser at Leyton Orient were definite highlights.

Chanting '******s' to our own fans...unbelievable. To me that is way more outrageous than going on the pitch, which is let's face it, a lot of fun

Why doesn't everyone just go on the pitch? As someone above said, at the Dell the players would come out into the directors box

Chanting '******s' to our own fans...unbelievable. To me that is way more outrageous than going on the pitch, which is let's face it, a lot of fun

Why doesn't everyone just go on the pitch? As someone above said, at the Dell the players would come out into the directors box

I suppose it is if you are an immature juvenile as most of those yesterday were. How about the reason for not going onto the pitch being because we were asked not to?? A bit radical I know - doing what your asked. I personally wanted to see the team doing a lap of appreciation, not a load of attention-seeking knobs prancing around in "hey, look at me" sort of way. They were ******s and deserved to be called so by the vast majority of fans who stayed behind to show their appreciation and nearly had it spoiled for them.

Anybody know who you complain to at the club regarding the pointless announcements.

I'd like to know too. The first statement was met with polite indifference but the crass repeats were loudy booed by the whole stadium and were almost an open invitation to invade the pitch. He could not have done worse if he'd said 'come on if you think you're hard enough'. Three repeats were there? Meanwhile we were trying to watch a match of football and encourage our team. And as for that comment at the end about 'You've all been naughty boys but despite that...' And why make us all wait aftre the game, was it as a punishment? Whoever was in charge of these arrangements and announcemounts is clearly not up to the job and should be sacked.

Any reason why the JPT trophy wasn't paraded too?

Northam with 10 minutes left: "on the pitch, on the pitch"

Fans run on: "Off, Off, Off" "W@nkers, W@nkers"

What a set of retarded fans we have.

Jeez! have you never heard of irony or even sarcasm? (which was the less than retarded response from the Northam to the repeated messages; just in case you still don't get it!).

The retards are the ones who could not control themselves and earned a season ban in the process.