Saints v Southend,1st half & halt time chat..

saint lard

Depends how you look at it. Without administration we wouldnt have Liebherr, a top team, very good manager and a bright future.

True. But it's unlikely going into administration 5 days earlier would have stopped Markus buying Saints.

3 points off automatic if we hadn't had the deduction.

And possibly in an automatic promotion place: it could be argued that without the -10 around their necks, Saints would've picked up an additional 3 or more points over the season (especially the first 10 matches).

it WAS reported (dont know if true) that he was not there as he was not happy about the lack of progress/not going up

Reported by who?

Bad news if true, seems like the new board have gone back on everything they said when taking over.

'Slow progress'

'Manager to be judged after 18 months'

etc.

it WAS reported (dont know if true) that he was not there as he was not happy about the lack of progress/not going up

which if true is mental.

We all appreciate what he's done for us (finances etc) but this season has been far from a faluire.

we all saw his huge smiles at Wembley, so i kind of find the solent reason hard to believe.

which if true is mental.

We all appreciate what he's done for us (finances etc) but this season has been far from a faluire.

we all saw his huge smiles at Wembley, so i kind of find the solent reason hard to believe.

they also reported that all this will come to a head or something next week..

was all strange

I really don't believe ML wasn't there just because we weren't going up. He doesn't strike me as a "toys out of the pram" sort of person. (Unlike some residents on this board)...

I think he may have been unwell but he did not miss much especially the first half

In the absence of a post match thread and all the chat seeming to be about why the programmes were withdrawn, why Markus possibly wasn't at the game, whether Pardew's future is being discussed on Wednesday and whether or not we are signing Calderon.

Going back to the match. Most of it was pretty average and a lot of what we tried to do, for one reason or another, didn't come off. Thought Connolly looked particularly rusty! A special mention though for Adam Lallana who was head and shoulders the best player on the park and thoroughly deserved his 20th goal of the season.