Merringtons viewpoint.

1965onwards

I normally take very little notice of Dave Merrington because I feel he has a chip on his shoulder regarding the club BUT the one thing he was very good at was developing young players.

Players who achieved more in the game than any who have come out of the modern "born again" academy.

Merrington has been quite critical from the off.

He is planting the seeds of doubt in the ability of the current regime,if they haven't been planted already,the PR excercise with removing the management set up is well under way.

So that when/if he and his chums get their feet under the table at SMS people will be pretty non plus about JP and MW heading out the door.

All IMO.

He is planting the seeds of doubt in the ability of the current regime,if they haven't been planted already,the PR excercise with removing the management set up is well under way.

So that when/if he and his chums get their feet under the table at SMS people will be pretty non plus about JP and MW heading out the door.

All IMO.

In my opinion JP would have known of the interest and had assurances of his future.Perhaps he woulld be made in charge of the reserves or youth.

Think we have found the right response for Scooby.

His posts are laughable,so suggest we treat him as the comedian he is.

More entertaining than the football at the moment.

Seems to have gone quiet though.

What you have to remember with the upper classes is that bug#### is part of character building.It will be water off Scoobys back.Anyway I find him amusing and hope he carries on posting.

All IMO.

no need for anybody to plant seeds of doubt, we can see how ****e things are. fwiw i agree with merrington

Slated JP a bit last saturday for having no Plan B.

Also said he can't understand what JP is on about when being interviewed,and wonders if the players understand what he is saying to them.

If that's the extend of his criticism I have no respect for him.

BTW, WGS was truly unintelligible for fans and press alike. By all means, let's hear Merrington's views on the organization, the coach, the management etc., but language or accent is not our real problem right now.

Well, from pretty much every game except Deby and Brum, I think neither of those is applicable.

That's the frustrating part; when the style IS there it appears to have some substance and gets results. We haven't lost against Rotherham because we played pretty football, we lost because we didn't play it.

That's the frustrating part; when the style IS there it appears to have some substance and gets results. We haven't lost against Rotherham because we played pretty football, we lost because we didn't play it.

Quite right. But more pertinent is the reason why we didn't play pretty football. Was it the team chosen, the tactics, tiredness, or just that Rotherham were the last in a line of clubs who have sussed us out and found how to stop us playing pretty football?

Also said he can't understand what JP is on about when being interviewed,and wonders if the players understand what he is saying to them.

I didn't hear Merrington say that but if he did it's a bit rich. If any of our players are called anything more unusual than Smith or Jones you can guarantee that Dave will mispronounce their names. I've found Poortvliet to be perfectly understandable even though his use of idiom is sometimes strange (eg "They made a goal" instead of "they scored a goal").

I think Merrington is clutching at straws and I, for one, am sick of his constant criticism of almost anything at the club. We get the point Dave. You don't like Rupert Lowe. Well, you're supposed to be the figurehead of a consortium that is going to push him out. If that ever happens you'll be free to hire your own manager with perfect English. Until then, how about getting behind the one we have?

STFU Merrington.

Put up or shutup. If you don't have the goods, shut the hell up and leave Lowe and co. alone during this sensitive rebuilding process.

Has anyone worked out yet that you're a wind-up merchant? You must love all the attention.

Merrington is absolutely correct.

JP has not even master Plan A yet and certainly does not have a Plan B 4-4-2 up his sleeve just in case.

What's more - he watches dvds of the opposition in order to work out whether to play Plan A or errrr..... err..... well I think you get my point.

Total football has failed as predicted. JP does not know this League. We are going down under Lowe's experiment and a coach who does his bidding and fails to deliver.

What is really important to note is that we are actually getting worse not better... you'd have thought JP would've had the kids master Plan A by now to be honest...but Plan A keeps getting worse.

Wellllllll, those of you who are old enough to remember, you'll no doubt remember me, good old Dave Merryweather. All's I can say is that I'm suere you'll be pleased that you've got me back on here and I'm back to answer me critics. First of all, I'll tell you this Tristan. For all those who think I've got a chip on my shoulder about Rupert Lowe, you're spot on! And I'll tell you something else Tristan, it's not just a chip I've got on my shoulder, but a whole bag of fish and chips. And d'ya know something Tristan, d'ya know how much I payed for those fish and chips in town today? Well, I'll tell you what, Tristan, I'd 'ave had to work for six weeks to buy those fish and chips back in my day and I'll tell use something else, if that Michael Svennsonnon had anything about him he wouldn't be missing games like he is after only four knee operations. I can remember people, like myself, who didn't need knee operations 'cos they just cut off their knees, Tristan, and got on with the job.

But I'll tell ya what I do like, Tristan and that's this boy Lallana. Now, I really like the look of this boy, Tristan. I tell you what he reminds me of and that's a young LeTissier. As soon as I saw this boy I thought he reminds me of a young Letissier. And do you know why Tristan? Well, I'll tell you. Not because he's particularly like a young Letissier but because I like to constantly remind people of the young Letissier. But, I'm right behind Jan and think he's doing a great job under very difficult circumstances.