Fitzhugh Fella on the news

Thedelldays

I've changed my stance on this, after finding out about the bullying nature of the Union staff, the ridiculous things they've been doing, and also finding out some interesting information on the Union, how it is run, and what they've been doing to some staff, I wholeheartedly say they should go **** themselves. I will also further emphasise that this short sighted outlook will have massive consequences to the staff in question IF they continue with these strikes.

Overpaid, underworked morons. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Will we have the return of the red jacket brigade re writting history and telling stories..

Be on the lookout for any of these Macarthy boyzz infiltrating this forum..

I hope it does not get toooo hot out there on the picket line for my old Uncle Duncan....

Not at his age.

Unite Trade Union Emails Reveal Extent of Communist Party Network in Britain

The leaked emails from senior Unite official and British Communist Party (BCP) executive member Graham Stevenson, as published by a daily newspaper, have revealed the full extent of how the extremist crank left has extended its influence throughout the establishment.

http://www.europeantruth.co.uk/uaf%20and%20unite.html

Thanks Stan, for that Freudian Slip and the broken link to the BNP site.

(Here) was the link word which went to this site:

http://bnp.org.uk/?q=2010/03/unite-trade-union-emails-reveal-extent-of-communist-party-network-in-britain

Fortunately that page cannot, now, be found.

I don't believe that Leopards can change their spots, even by changing their forum name and avatar!

strikes may be called off...

the holding this company to ransom are making me sick to be honest...striking over perks now...do these people not realise that europe/UK is in the sh1t...?

the protesters that stormed the building to have a pop at walsh are an embarrassment..

strikes may be called off...

the holding this company to ransom are making me sick to be honest...striking over perks now...do these people not realise that europe/UK is in the sh1t...?

the protesters that stormed the building to have a pop at walsh are an embarrassment..

They should be flogged and chained to their trolleys, how dare they attempt to stand up for what they believe in!

or they should be thankful they have a job....like the rest of us who do ATM..not as if they work in a victorian sweat shop.

But thats exactly what management want everyone to think.Like a lot of people,i havent had a payrise for two years,yet the cost of living keeps getting higher.There has to be a point when the workers say enough is enough.After all,withdrawing your labour is the only bargaining tool you have.

But thats exactly what management want everyone to think.Like a lot of people,i havent had a payrise for two years,yet the cost of living keeps getting higher.There has to be a point when the workers say enough is enough.After all,withdrawing your labour is the only bargaining tool you have.

Exactly, it would seem that agreement has been almost reached on at least two occasions. A change of conditions by agreement is much easier to attain than just imposing your will which, I think, is why this is dragging on.

I think Mr Walsh is more bullish because he feels the climate is ripe to beat ten bales out of the Union.

they could leave and find new jobs..not as if BA are in the sh1t is it

Exactly, it would seem that agreement has been almost reached on at least two occasions. A change of conditions by agreement is much easier to attain than just imposing your will which, I think, is why this is dragging on.

I think Mr Walsh is more bullish because he feels the climate is ripe to beat ten bales out of the Union.

You surprise me

Your tree hugging posts over the years suggested you were a Liberal, not a militant

I'm glad Duncan got sacked & I hope all his strikers receive their P45's very soon too

You surprise me

Your tree hugging posts over the years suggested you were a Liberal, not a militant

I'm glad Duncan got sacked & I hope all his strikers receive their P45's very soon too

I'm not glad ff got sacked, but he deserved to be fired imo because it seems like he took far too much time off doing his union work.

they could leave and find new jobs..not as if BA are in the sh1t is it

But why should they?A lot of people have put in years of service and have made a carreer from their jobs.When they appiled for a job at BA,they were given a list of terms and conditions which included working hours,pay,perks etc.Now BA want to completely change all of these.

Now im all for management going to the unions and asking if they can come to an agreement concerning these,but its totally unfair to impose these changes regardless.

Also dont forget that the BA workers all volunteered for a pay cut a couple of years ago to try and help the company through the ressession.

This is how they are repayed.

But why should they?A lot of people have put in years of service and have made a carreer from their jobs..

because the company is on the verge of going bust...up and down the country, people in the private sector have been taking cuts in some way or another...even in the forces we have seen cut after cut after cut..even when the country was throwing cash around, we got cut..

why should these people have all their perks that cost money when the company/country is on the verge of going bust..?

they are already the industry leaders in pay

I'm not glad ff got sacked, but he deserved to be fired imo because it seems like he took far too much time off doing his union work.

Dune without unions you would not have things like a minium wage,workers rights(although these are dwindling fast) and things like guaranteed minium number of holidays.

Cant ever believe any form of management giving these things away out of the goodness of their hearts.

You know what, I've changed my mind.

B*llocks to the " Saints fan so I'll say best wishes "

You lot are f*cking up innocent peoples holiday / business plans etc over f*ck all, your staff are not being treated in an inhumane way... deal with it or f*ck off.

And you don't get any sympathy for me that you haven't got a job. Tough sh!t.

Dune without unions you would not have things like a minium wage,workers rights(although these are dwindling fast) and things like guaranteed minium number of holidays.

Cant ever believe any form of management giving these things away out of the goodness of their hearts.

Management would be forced to offer favourable perks if our country wasn't a mecca for immigrants. While foreigners keep flooding in from Poland etc workers will never get the best deal.

because the company is on the verge of going bust...up and down the country, people in the private sector have been taking cuts in some way or another...even in the forces we have seen cut after cut after cut..even when the country was throwing cash around, we got cut..

why should these people have all their perks that cost money when the company/country is on the verge of going bust..?

they are already the industry leaders in pay

For what its worth i think one of the things we should never cut is the armed forces.

But to get back to the subject,i bet most of the high up people in management who make the decisions concerning BA walk away with golden handshakes,despite their lack of ability to save BA.

Like i said earlier,how much is scare mongering and how much is real?

For what its worth i think one of the things we should never cut is the armed forces.

But to get back to the subject,i bet most of the high up people in management who make the decisions concerning BA walk away with golden handshakes,despite their lack of ability to save BA.

I think (like the fireman stike) this is a complete selfish waste of time for a group of people who already have it quite good

The numpty nobbers like FF are going on strike to try and get perks from a company who has just announced losing half a billion pounds.

Their action is costing BA another 100 million, all the stupid c*nts are too thick to realise they are simply banging more nails in the BA coffin.

Its usually those at the top that are creaming the most out of company's that are also the last out the door. Cost cutting usually starts with the staff at the bottom while the fat cats sit tight collecting there bonus's.

The numpty nobbers like FF are going on strike to try and get perks from a company who has just announced losing half a billion pounds.

Their action is costing BA another 100 million, all the stupid c*nts are too thick to realise they are simply banging more nails in the BA coffin.

Everyone knows how bad BA are doing at the moment,but what are those who work for them suppose to do?Just let management do what they like?

If your boss said to you Stu that your pay was getting cut by a large amount and you have to work twice as hard,would you go along with it,or try to do something about it?

I didn't realise, until I heard it on the news yesterday, that something like 11% of the Heathrow cabin crew live in Europe and rely on those 'perks' to commute to and from work :shock:

And I think I'm right in that the perks can only be used to fill up otherwise empty seats so don't actually cost the company anything?

Everyone knows how bad BA are doing at the moment,but what are those who work for them suppose to do?Just let management do what they like?

If your boss said to you Stu that your pay was getting cut by a large amount and you have to work twice as hard,would you go along with it,or try to do something about it?

Yes I would do something about it.

I worked for Norwich Union a few years ago, they had a review and said that my bonus and commision was being restructured and I would lose 40% of my pay if I worked 25% harder... what did I do? I quit and got another job.

Why do you think they are cutting money mate? Because they have been losing hundreds of millions each year! They are not doing it to pocket money! They are doing it to save money and keep the company afloat!

I could never go on strike knowing full well that I would be ruining many childrens holiday etc, stopping people from seeing their families and leaving people stranded across the world.

I didn't realise, until I heard it on the news yesterday, that something like 11% of the Heathrow cabin crew live in Europe and rely on those 'perks' to commute to and from work :shock:

And I think I'm right in that the perks can only be used to fill up otherwise empty seats so don't actually cost the company anything?

ah...no wonder they desperately want to keep these PERKS

Yes I would do something about it.

I worked for Norwich Union a few years ago, they had a review and said that my bonus and commision was being restructured and I would lose 40% of my pay if I worked 25% harder... what did I do? I quit and got another job.

Why do you think they are cutting money mate? Because they have been losing hundreds of millions each year! They are not doing it to pocket money! They are doing it to save money and keep the company afloat!

I could never go on strike knowing full well that I would be ruining many childrens holiday etc, stopping people from seeing their families and leaving people stranded across the world.

I feel for the children, they need their holidays.

ah...no wonder they desperately want to keep these PERKS

Of course they do, if it's the only way they can afford to get to work.

Tell me TDD, do members of the armed forces still get free / travel concessions? If they travel in uniform? They always used to, as did the police.

Huntigdon accused me of being militant with the above. By my reckoning this---------->

But why should they?A lot of people have put in years of service and have made a carreer from their jobs.When they appiled for a job at BA,they were given a list of terms and conditions which included working hours,pay,perks etc.Now BA want to completely change all of these.

Now im all for management going to the unions and asking if they can come to an agreement concerning these,but its totally unfair to impose these changes regardless.

Also dont forget that the BA workers all volunteered for a pay cut a couple of years ago to try and help the company through the ressession.

This is how they are repayed.

must be communist!

I agree with you by the way as it's exactly what I was saying !

Tell me TDD, do members of the armed forces still get free / travel concessions? If they travel in uniform? They always used to, as did the police.

NO, basically...

you can apply for travel warrants but they have cut these back so much over the years

so many perks/pay allowances have been cut back or "renamed" over the years I have lost count..not once to put more (or even the same) money in our pockets..they changed the pension scheme in 2005 too

That's b*llocks.

You get 4 Travel Warrants a year to get you from barracks to your home.

Travel in uniform?

You have only been allowed to wear uniform when off-duty for a few years... so you talk rubbish.... typical women.

I think if a company is losing as much money as BA is the directors are entitled to make whatever changes they want. If my company was doing a similar thing I would be grateful to have a job.

I think what is happening now is a sign of things to come. People are happy to talk about the recession but when it comes to having to make changes themselves (ie: work harder for less) then they are not prepared to do sacrifice anything. I think we can expect similar things when the Tories rightly start laying of teachers, police etc.

they can be nice...but I dont work for BA...?

I am in the armed forces that faces a new cut almost daily and ahs done so for the 11 years I have been in..

No you don't work for BA. You get what you signed up for, along with total obedience (and I don't mean that disparingly) while BA employees get what they signed up for.

When it comes to change you obviously have no recourse to any action if you are told your conditions are changing.

For BA employees they have a right to take legally organised action including withdrawing their labour when changes are imposed when negotiation could well have got the same result.

That's b*llocks.

You get 4 Travel Warrants a year to get you from barracks to your home.

Travel in uniform?

You have only been allowed to wear uniform when off-duty for a few years... so you talk rubbish.... typical women.

I asked a question - because I didn't know how it is these days (hence my use of the phrase 'it always used to be the case' - this implies 'some time ago').

What IS your problem Stu? Is there anyone in the world you're not angry with? You could get help you know......

No you don't work for BA. You get what you signed up for, along with total obedience (and I don't mean that disparingly) while BA employees get what they signed up for.

When it comes to change you obviously have no recourse to any action if you are told your conditions are changing.

For BA employees they have a right to take legally organised action including withdrawing their labour when changes are imposed when negotiation could well have got the same result.

What would your thoughts be about them if you had booked a wedding in Jamaica and BA went on strike meaning that neither you or your guests could get there, costing you and your guests thousands of pounds and cancelling your wedding day.

Would you turn round and say with a smile " nevermind, they are allowed to strike, it's their right "

Course you would.... :rolleyes: