Fitzhugh Fella on the news

Thedelldays

it seems they have a flow chart or a set of FAQs to go off...and if you sway off they cant help..

You've got that right, our rabbit chewed the **** out of my BT broadband, ended talking to some IT muppet in India, needless to say "rabbit chewed router" didn't exist on his flow chart and I ended up caught in a perpetual loop on their phone system so just cancelled the lot.

I am thinking of leaving Virgin Media as they now have an Indian call centre

VM have used Indian call centres for as long as I can remember - depends on when you phone up and how busy the lines are on which centre you get, whether it's Scotland, Wales, the North or one of the Indian ones.

:lol:

Surely if there is one thing a Union ought to be competent at it's organising strikes within the parameters of the relevant statutes.

Honestly, if I was a member I would be enraged at the complete waste of funds caused by what appears to be simple imcompetence.

Just want to understandI have it correct.

Union went on strike over plans to cut number of crew on flights from Heathrow.

Union were told they would be in danger of losing their rights to free travel if they cost BA millions in losses

Went on strike, Employees had their rights to free travel removed

Union conceded the crew cuts. BA said you can have SOME rights to free travel back , but we DID tell you what would happen.

So the Union are back on strike because of thier members losing free travel perks because of their action supporting a strike that the Union gave in on.

Sound about right?

So the Union are trying to cause 100's of millions of more losses which means more cost cuts and redundancies will be needed over the fact that the employees in the Union WANT TO FLY FOR FREE.

Nice one

Yeah, that's about the size of it.

Cheers.

And we end the discussion with. How much did BA LOSE last quarter? About 500mil wasn't it?

And in the same period Emirates made How Much - yep, about 500mil.

Someone ought to also point out to the BA crew that no other airline is going to employ cabin crew over the age of about 30 in the future either so wiping BA out is a really dumb career move.

Cheers.

And we end the discussion with. How much did BA LOSE last quarter? About 500mil wasn't it?

And in the same period Emirates made How Much - yep, about 500mil.

Someone ought to also point out to the BA crew that no other airline is going to employ cabin crew over the age of about 30 in the future either so wiping BA out is a really dumb career move.

This last bit is true. BA cabin crews generally seem older, less slutty and less gay than other cabin crews. If they think they will walk into another job they're wrong IMO.

This last bit is true. BA cabin crews generally seem older, less slutty and less gay than other cabin crews. If they think they will walk into another job they're wrong IMO.

I seem to recall someone saying on here that the BA crews at Gatwick refer to the Heathrow crews as the three Fs - Fat frumpy and forty

I seem to recall someone saying on here that the BA crews at Gatwick refer to the Heathrow crews as the three Fs - Fat frumpy and forty

That is unfair. I used to be a valued BA customer, and I can safely confirm that I did once see a flight attendant (in a skirt) who was 38.

(That was of course her waist-line measurement in inches)

Sorry I shouldn't, I have had pleasantly flirtatious moments on long haul flights with at least a couple of younger cutey's.

Good news that the work-shy fops have to actually do what they're being paid for. However, this is just going delay matters and the cynical Unite leaders will now be planning a summer of chaos, so yet more innocent passengers are punished for the stupidity and downright pig-headedness of this archaic organisation.

Just get a grip and get back to work, and be grateful that you're already grossly overpaid and still employed.

Yep my ex said that was the common term for them amongst Gatwick cabin crew. Mind you that was a few years ago, probably Fat, Frumpy and Fifty now. In almost no other hotel, airline or restaurant does a forty year old continue to think "I know I wont progress my career, I'll stay waitressing for a living". Tells you all you need to know about how overpaid Heathrow crew are.

I see unite have taken to full page adverts in the London press today, to try and stop the wave of public outrage out the strike.

Yeah I spotted that in the Metro this morning... bit late for that, methinks. Most people will have already made up their mind which side of the fence they sit on that issue.

It's a bit arrogant to be striking in this situation, especially considering the effect of the Volcano.

If you work for a company that is losing hundreds of millions a year you should just put up with whatever changes the management make and be thankful you even have a job, especially if all you are is a waitress on a plane.

Check out the Unite ad that they are running

http://www.brutish-airways.com

From that site...

"What is BA doing that's provocative?

Unite and BA were close to a deal that could have been recommended to crew which would have brought down costs and allowed BA to restructure its business. But while Unite negotiated in good faith to come to an agreement that both sides could live with, BA carried on a campaign of bullying and victimisation against cabin crew.

BA is taking disciplinary action against more than 50 crew members who have been suspended on spurious charges arising from the dispute. Seven crew have already been dismissed. Thousands of cabin crew and their families have had long-established travel arrangements removed.

BA won't listen to their cabin crew staff or to their Unite representatives in order to settle this dispute. Staff are unable to speak out for fear of being victimized or sacked if they do. There has to be a better way."

What an utterly, utterly pathetic reason for going on strike for such a huge amount of time. Unite have had their noses severely put out of joint by BA's insistence on being managed properly and not taken for a ride any longer by the union in an effort to stem the bleeding of their massive losses. Yes Unite, there is a "better way". Advise your members to get back to work. The public are not behind you in this dispute any more and can see through your ridiculous PR spin.

If these 50 crew members who've been suspended suffer unfair dismissal then the courts will back that up, and they will receive more than adequate compensation. This just seems like yet another excuse for these militant hardliners to stamp their feet in an attempt to wreak further havoc on the general public. Far too keen to have a fight than get things resolved.

Fitzhugh Fella

I was listening to george galloway on the radio the other day talking about these strike..obviously, he supports them 100%...

but the way he was going on, you would think that BA staff were forced to work at gun point for about a shilling an hour

I was listening to george galloway on the radio the other day talking about these strike..obviously, he supports them 100%...

but the way he was going on, you would think that BA staff were forced to work at gun point for about a shilling an hour

Haven't heard UNite crow about gorgeous george's support...can't think why

There is a alternative "push the button" campaign which is doing the rounds in the city. The gist of it is, whenever you fly BA make sure that you push the assistance button at least 10 times during the flight so that the hosties actually earn the exta money they are paid.

It was a majority decison

I hope BA are allowed to appeal to the supreme court.

if this ruling is to remain then unions do not have to be 100% above board with the ballots. I think it was simpsom from unite this was about then having the right to strike. That has never been in question but you have to have a legitimate ballot that has been done correctly.

This means the TMT ballot on the railways a few weeks ago will now be legitimate even though there were more people who didnt exist which were allowed to vote . inparticular those that supposedly work at disued signal boxes etc.

But hey thats the law.

It was a majority decison

I hope BA are allowed to appeal to the supreme court.

if this ruling is to remain then unions do not have to be 100% above board with the ballots. I think it was simpsom from unite this was about then having the right to strike. That has never been in question but you have to have a legitimate ballot that has been done correctly.

This means the TMT ballot on the railways a few weeks ago will now be legitimate even though there were more people who didnt exist which were allowed to vote . inparticular those that supposedly work at disued signal boxes etc.

But hey thats the law.

After this close call I think that the unions will ensure that every i is dotted and every t is crossed to remove any wasteful use of court time in appeals which are plainly gerrymandering.

Flying back to the UK next week with colleagues, chose not to fly BA. Think it is absolutely disgraceful that they believe they can hold customers to ransom. Flying with Singapore Airlines instead, notice that whenever I fly with them the first thing the chief steward/stewardess announces is "We would like to thank you for flying Singapore Airlines we appreciate you have a choice"

Enough said !

There is a alternative "push the button" campaign which is doing the rounds in the city. The gist of it is, whenever you fly BA make sure that you push the assistance button at least 10 times during the flight so that the hosties actually earn the exta money they are paid.

Quite funny

British Airways has reported its biggest annual loss due to lower passenger numbers, higher costs and the impact of strike action.

The flag carrier lost £531m ($766m) in the 12 months to March - BA's biggest loss since it was privatised in 1987.

That adds to the £401m it lost in the 2008-9 financial year, but is less than the £600m loss many analysts feared.

The Pompey of airlines ??

Flying back to the UK next week with colleagues, chose not to fly BA. Think it is absolutely disgraceful that they believe they can hold customers to ransom. Flying with Singapore Airlines instead, notice that whenever I fly with them the first thing the chief steward/stewardess announces is "We would like to thank you for flying Singapore Airlines we appreciate you have a choice"

Enough said !

And another small point. Flew on a BA flight to Euro 2004. The return co-incided with an England game. Nothing, only found the result when I got into the car.

Flew from Japan via Hong King with Cathay in 02. As we were bumbling along the Captain comes on and says I'm sure you will all be happy to know England just thrashed Belgium.

Flew Emirates in 06 back from Germany and the Arab Captain comes on and says great news England just reached the Quarter Final.

More supportive of England than Britain's finest.

Oh and yes I like the push the button idea, will do that when use them for my hols in July

To be fair though, a lot of people may have recorded the matches and not want to know the score. Also, the pilots on the BA plane weren't nescessarily British and may not have given a flying f**k about football either. They might not have even realised there was a game on. Plus they're relying on an air traffic controller to tell them the scores.

Back on topic, I wonder how many of the idiots out striking saw these £0.5bn losses this morning and thought, "yeah, they're going to give up on their cost cutting measures for sure now". Pure retardation. Most of the cabin crew I know think you're overpaid if you earn a penny of £20k in that job.

Unite Trade Union Emails Reveal Extent of Communist Party Network in Britain

The leaked emails from senior Unite official and British Communist Party (BCP) executive member Graham Stevenson, as published by a daily newspaper, have revealed the full extent of how the extremist crank left has extended its influence throughout the establishment.

http://www.europeantruth.co.uk/uaf%20and%20unite.html

Unite Trade Union Emails Reveal Extent of Communist Party Network in Britain

The leaked emails from senior Unite official and British Communist Party (BCP) executive member Graham Stevenson, as published by a daily newspaper, have revealed the full extent of how the extremist crank left has extended its influence throughout the establishment.

http://www.europeantruth.co.uk/uaf%20and%20unite.html

The emails show that the Unite trade union — which fund the Labour Party and two anti-BNP groups, is “guided” by the BCP.

Can't be all bad then ??;)

The emails show that the Unite trade union — which fund the Labour Party and two anti-BNP groups, is “guided” by the BCP.

Can't be all bad then ??;)

Labour Party’s Affiliation To Union Criminality

We also had a UAF demonstrator infiltrate our demo, he gave a Nazi salute and was promptly dealt with by EDL members in London.

During the Bolton demo another UAF idiot was caught sieg heiling by the police, luckily he was dealt with appropriately by the authorities. Click Here

Can we see a trend here? I mean the UAF have constantly caused trouble, they insight violence they call us Nazis and Fascists yet it is their members who are caught infiltrating our demos making racist gestures, worst of all they are backed by powerful Unions and their members who are at the very least sympathetic to the Communist ideology. Among those arrested at the Bolton demonstration was UAF organiser, Weyman Bennett, on “suspicion of conspiracy to commit violent disorder”. Assistant Chief Constable Garry Shewan, who led the police operation, said....

http://www.englishdefenceleague.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=181:labour-partys-affiliation-to-union-criminality&catid=42:feature-stories

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLiRbdKHMnI

"British flags in whitehall = disgusting"

The fascists of the future will call themselves anti fascists - Winston Churchill

Ah how sweet, the return of The Communists.

"How come that only in the UK people have not woken up to that fact that Communist systems exist purely to place Power and Wealth into the Hands of the Party Elite. They don't take from the rich and re-distribute, they simpy take as much as they can from everyone and use it to build their Dachas and trading Empires."

Quote from a friend who was a former CP Committee member in Russia