Winning doesn't matter anymore

offix

I have just come to realize that from now on winning is no longer important!

It is clear that we are going down (relegation) or going under (administration) in this season. Winning or losing individual matches is not going to change that, its no longer relevant. So there really is nothing useful that can come out of this season.

What's that you say? Building for the future? Sounds great, who wouldn't want that?

It is however a pipe dream.

Think about the scenario: Suppose that we use the remainder of the season to build at least the nucleus of a team that can sustain us AFTER the sh%t hits the fan. What do you think will happen when that excrement starts flying?

As David Armstrong said correctly on SaintsTV, even our slightly-better-than-mediocre players will get opportunities to move to other teams as soon as (or even before) relegation or administration hits, and they will take those opportunities.

What do we do then? Play the 12 year olds?

I have said before that Ru**rt and the traitor have killed us off, and I was asked why I would think that. This is why. :cry:

I have just come to realize that from now on winning is no longer important!

It is clear that we are going down (relegation) or going under (administration) in this season. Winning or losing individual matches is not going to change that, its no longer relevant. So there really is nothing useful that can come out of this season.

What's that you say? Building for the future? Sounds great, who wouldn't want that?

It is however a pipe dream.

Think about the scenario: Suppose that we use the remainder of the season to build at least the nucleus of a team that can sustain us AFTER the sh%t hits the fan. What do you think will happen when that excrement starts flying?

As David Armstrong said correctly on SaintsTV, even our slightly-better-than-mediocre players will get opportunities to move to other teams as soon as (or even before) relegation or administration hits, and they will take those opportunities.

What do we do then? Play the 12 year olds?

I have said before that Ru**rt and the traitor have killed us off, and I was asked why I would think that. This is why. :cry:

Completely agree with you. This building-on for next season is not only utter bolllox, its a marketing/emotional blackmail con to screw people for their money now, and the likes of Illingsworth have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

If we dont start winning I will start supporting a new team.

Man City I thinks

Man City ...... you don't mean that Team that has attracted INVESTMENT in spite of the World Economic Meltdown ??????

( Yes I know there are big differences ..... I'm purely illustrating the fact that Investment IS always lurking out there )

If we dont start winning I will start supporting a new team.

Man City I thinks

You could always try Bournemouth, Bournemouth. You could even buy it yourself.

I only disagree with offix because he's a cantankerous old pessimist, whilst I am serenely optimistic. (However, the toxic combination of optimism and supporting Saints means I lead a life of constant disappointment, so maybe he has a point - and has found true happiness in being grumpy and thousands of miles away.)

You could always try Bournemouth, Bournemouth. You could even buy it yourself.

I only disagree with offix because he's a cantankerous old pessimist, whilst I am serenely optimistic. (However, the toxic combination of optimism and supporting Saints means I lead a life of constant disappointment, so maybe he has a point - and has found true happiness in being grumpy and thousands of miles away.)

I hate to disappoint you, but I don't enjoy this feeling of despair when it comes to my club, nor is it easy to be this many thousands of miles away. I would much rather be sitting in SMS for every game, in spite of the dire spectacle that our matches have become.

I hate to disappoint you, but I don't enjoy this feeling of despair when it comes to my club, nor is it easy to be this many thousands of miles away. I would much rather be sitting in SMS for every game, in spite of the dire spectacle that our matches have become.

Well there you go. I'm disappointed again.