Hants v Notts

chrisobee

Some Kolpak players are good but we've signed a few stinkers, who was the bowler we signed mid season 2-3 years ago who barely took a wicket ?

Nantie Hayward? South African seamer, bowled right arm dog****. Apparently he's currently playing for an English club side this summer.

cant see us winning now, 140 odd lead, last day 6 wickets remaining.

nearly 100 balls to get to 29 for both Vince and Pothas was good digging in last night and can't see any change in that strategy to be honest....

first draw of the season? woooo!!

cant see us winning now, 140 odd lead, last day 6 wickets remaining.

nearly 100 balls to get to 29 for both Vince and Pothas was good digging in last night and can't see any change in that strategy to be honest....

first draw of the season? woooo!!

Ahem, you were saying !

268/9 at lunch so we could have an interesting last 2 sessions with a lead now of 239. Ervine is 44 not out and Griffiths 5, so far a very useful 23 for the last wicket and equally importantly batted for some 45 minutes already.

Cork/Ervine put on 48 but 3 wickets for 1 run almost scuppered our chances.

273 all out so Notts need 245 off something like 63 overs I believe ? I'm sure they'll go for it at about 4 an over so a result is definitely on. Time we managed to be on the right end of one of these last day finishes. Come on Hants :D

105 overs in the day, bowled 30.2 overs so far today, lose a couple for the change of innings.

That said, it might be slightly fewer overs on day 4...

I think it is you know, 96 was my calculation to reach 63. 31 used as part overs count, 2 for change of innings and there you have it !

105 overs in the day, bowled 30.2 overs so far today, lose a couple for the change of innings.

That said, it might be slightly fewer overs on day 4...

There are 96 overs in the day.

So 96 -31 = 65 less 2 for change of innings gives 63 overs to score 246

I just cannot believe we are going to lose another match - surely we need to make some changes - things just aren't working.

What changes are possible?? there aren't many other possibilities.

We can't bat consistently and we can't bowl out middle order batsmen who come out to tonk and not give a sh*t.For that sort of batsman you need either genuine pace or genuine guile, won't find that with 2 month emergency contracts I'm afraid.

What changes are possible?? there aren't many other possibilities.

We can't bat consistently and we can't bowl out middle order batsmen who come out to tonk and not give a sh*t.For that sort of batsman you need either genuine pace or genuine guile, won't find that with 2 month emergency contracts I'm afraid.

I think you're spot on mate. Batting wise, i am just hoping our experienced players like Pothas, McKenzie etc, out their fingers out soon and start grinding out some runs. To be honest, i'm confident we can turn the batting situation around. Although, the bowling really does concern me. Looking at our attack, it is so samey. We have **** all variation, just average, wicket to wicket medium pace. With a swinging ball at the start of the innings, that is fine, but as Window Cleaner says, when it comes to finishing sides off you need a bit of guile or extra pace, and we have neither.

Either we pray Simon Jones gets fit for the second half of the season, or we hope that Mendis comes in and sets the world alight. Herath doesn't look like he's gunna do it to me - i find it an extremely underwelming signing.

Match over, lost again of course.

We had them at 32/4 (or something like that) with all their top order gone. That they got a first innings lead and then just bowled us out and picked of the 240 odd required with a couple of sticks of wet celery is just well....