Last year, This year

Sold To The Man @ The Bar

Last year I was willing to vote with my feet, while still being a season ticket holder I had no desire to watch an apathetic team managed by an inept alleged drunk.

The team were in a similar position in the league with no imagination or ” in my opinion” desire to do anything other than collect their wages.

This year I have no desire not to attend because of our team, just the directors who have put a manager and team of boys in to do a mans job, unlike last year “ in my opinion” they do have a desire to play for their wages.

JP has no budget, he only has the players currently registered to pick from .. at least most of them want to play even if they are out of their depth, this shows great character.

I expect that many post after this will say “ how can you say that XXX can play, XXX looks lightweight etc put it into context –

We only have the players on our books to pick from

We have a squad of Junior professional

We still have players injured

We have NO money to buy or pay loan wages as income continues to fall

We sold most of our seasoned professional, who incidentally didn’t manage to get us back up

We have no choice but to put up with the best of a bad job, unless someone buys the club or we go under ………..

End Of

Last year I was willing to vote with my feet, while still being a season ticket holder I had no desire to watch an apathetic team managed by an inept alleged drunk.

The team were in a similar position in the league with no imagination or ” in my opinion” desire to do anything other than collect their wages.

This year I have no desire not to attend because of our team, just the directors who have put a manager and team of boys in to do a mans job, unlike last year “ in my opinion” they do have a desire to play for their wages.

JP has no budget, he only has the players currently registered to pick from .. at least most of them want to play even if they are out of their depth, this shows great character.

I expect that many post after this will say “ how can you say that XXX can play, XXX looks lightweight etc put it into context –

We sold most of our seasoned professional, who incidentally didn’t manage to get us back up

We have no choice but to put up with the best of a bad job, unless someone buys the club or we go under ………..

End Of

We do have a choice, and it's one that a lot of us have taken, don't go.

End Of

Wow. ANOTHER Luvvie sermon...

Last season we had a team of experienced players capable of achieviing promotion. Unfortunatley they were 'managed' by an alcoholic and none of them looked like they gave a sh1t.

This season we have a bunch of kids who are trying their hearts out but are quite simply no up to it yet, managed by yet another Rupert experiment. There are only two outcomes to this season

Administration followed by relegation, or relegation followed by administration.

Last season I always had that hope that the team would eventually pull their fingers out and perform to their potential, this year they already are.

I have never felt so low about Saints in 30 years.

Thank you Rupert and 'Mike'.:(

Go F**K yourself read this line in my post

"This year I have no desire not to attend because of our team, just the directors"

I'll spell it out for you shall I, if i dont go it will be because of the Directors not the team ....

I am a season ticket holder, so the club will not lose out if i dont go, just me.

T**T

Edited by Sold To The Man @ The Bar

End Of

Fine ..if you have plenty of money to throw about..me I would rather donate it to something useful like the Salvation Army or another charity that looks after those who are in dire need.

Last season we had a team of experienced players capable of achieviing promotion. Unfortunatley they were 'managed' by an alcoholic and none of them looked like they gave a sh1t.

This season we have a bunch of kids who are trying their hearts out but are quite simply no up to it yet, managed by yet another Rupert experiment. There are only two outcomes to this season

Administration followed by relegation, or relegation followed by administration.

Last season I always had that hope that the team would eventually pull their fingers out and perform to their potential, this year they already are.

I have never felt so low about Saints in 30 years.

Thank you Rupert and 'Mike'.:(

It make you wonder if the team of experienced players had been managed by a " Billy Davies" what we would have achieved.

In 47 years of support , both home and away, bringing up 2 boys (20and 14) in the faith, spending thousands on season tickets, programmes, shirts,sweatshirts, drinks and food, i now am getting to the point i can take it or leave it.

Norwich next tuesday night will be a real test , not on the pitch, but for me personally will i be bothered to get of my fat arse and go to sms

I am a season ticket holder, so the club will not lose out if i dont go, just me.

Presumably the club don't lose out on the programme sales, the beer sales, the pie sales, the money you might spend in the Mega Store, all if you don't go. Perhaps you never spend any money at the Club other than the ticket itself.

What annoys me is that people think the dwindling support is some kind of protest. Its not (except for a very tiny minority), Its the result of continually losing games AT HOME. Football, whether we like it or not, is an entertainment business, and people pay to be entertained. Being entertained includes going home with a good feeling, otherwise it becomes a chore. Well guess what after 2 or 3 seasons of being diabolical at home people have bcome disillusioned, unable to motivate their mates or family to go to the games on odd occassions. Note also, much of this disillusionment is not new this season, it has been happening gradually for 2 to 3 years now. So I'm not even particularly ****ed off with Lowe. Wlde's regime were just as bad, and the drunk that "managed" the team for half of last season has much to answer for. Just when people were beginning to see some shoots of recovery in the NP era, where there really was some passion, if not much skill in evidence, and where a few good youngsters were being blooded, **** me but we get knocked down again.

And thats where idiots like Scooby continue to miss the point and make themselves look like complete *****s. They cannot see that it is not the supporters fault, but it is those with the power and leadership who make the decisions that result in a **** poor team.

Presumably the club don't lose out on the programme sales, the beer sales, the pie sales, the money you might spend in the Mega Store, all if you don't go. Perhaps you never spend any money at the Club other than the ticket itself.

What annoys me is that people think the dwindling support is some kind of protest. Its not (except for a very tiny minority), Its the result of continually losing games AT HOME. Football, whether we like it or not, is an entertainment business, and people pay to be entertained. Being entertained includes going home with a good feeling, otherwise it becomes a chore. Well guess what after 2 or 3 seasons of being diabolical at home people have bcome disillusioned, unable to motivate their mates or family to go to the games on odd occassions. Note also, much of this disillusionment is not new this season, it has been happening gradually for 2 to 3 years now. So I'm not even particularly ****ed off with Lowe. Wlde's regime were just as bad, and the drunk that "managed" the team for half of last season has much to answer for. Just when people were beginning to see some shoots of recovery in the NP era, where there really was some passion, if not much skill in evidence, and where a few good youngsters were being blooded, **** me but we get knocked down again.

And thats where idiots like Scooby continue to miss the point and make themselves look like complete *****s. They cannot see that it is not the supporters fault, but it is those with the power and leadership who make the decisions that result in a **** poor team.

A good arguement Vectis. I understand your frustration that is held by both sides.Yes the powers that be are responsible for the teams put out and so that contributes to the fans slipping away.What must also be appreciated by us is that the powers that be have a responsibility to keep the club alive financially. If it wasnt RL and it was anyone else their first job is to keep the banks on board.Does anybody not agree with that?

There may be many ways to skin a cat but our cat is very skinny with no meat.

The club decided the best way shortterm to give us longterm health is to play a team of youngsters who would have a wage bill dramatically reduced that should be able to compete.It seems the fans have lost faith quicker than the players, but to be fair at SMS the fans have been briliant it appears the ones on here have lost their nerve quicker.

If and its a big if, we can avoid administration that is like winning 10 -15 points. So we need to avoid relegation this season and then regroup. Then we may go on from there, you never know somebody may appear and buy us as they see the bottom line improving.

RL is not popular but he may have been partly responsible for relegation but so much of our current debt is not down to him and he is trying to regain ground lost after he was deposed.

I wish it was somebody else but none of the last lot because they didnt have a stomach IMO to do what was needed to get the club back on track.

It is going to be a tough season there is no doubt about that,but stay up and that is a terrific result.

People forget we have actually brought in 9 players this season. That has to be the most in one pre-season? The question is who brought them in? Who chose them and who decides if they play?

My view is this season is worst then last season but unlike last season it is not the players fault. It is like my nephews local under 10's. I cant watch them and expect them to be the best in the world simply because i want them to be. They are what they are and they need time to grow up and learn to play football. It is the same as our team, they have been pushed into the spotlight and paraded as our only option which is just pure ********. If you look at the statistics of how many professional footballers end up with no contract at a club at the end of every season it is very very high. There are players out there who are unused at clubs or are on free's that cold be used. We chose players like that ourself i.e Wotten,Perry etc.. We have also taken on some loan players and they have been poor decisions.We have swapped players like Ifil (in the league 1) for players like Gasmi who are injured. These are decisions that were made and were made by either Wilde or Lowe. They are bad decisions and ones which come end of may will be looked at. Why have we brought in players who are injured when were told players like Savage are about to loan? And so on. Since Lowe has returned things have gone from bad to worse and the truth has become even harder to find out.

The players can only play to their levels, to expect them to be something they are not is unfair.

My view is this season is worst then last season but unlike last season it is not the players fault. It is like my nephews local under 10's. I cant watch them and expect them to be the best in the world simply because i want them to be.

This was my point, i'm not cross with the team or the manager. Its the PI** Poor Directorship of the business over the last XXX years.

Go F**K yourself read this line in my post

"This year I have no desire not to attend because of our team, just the directors"

I'll spell it out for you shall I, if i dont go it will be because of the Directors not the team ....

T**T

Maybe you and the rest of the Hard-Core Illingsworth Ueber-Fan fraternity should stop lecturing the rest of the fan-base about what they should and should not put up with...

I kind of get the idea. At least this team seems to try (although on the basis of Rotherham this could be questionable.)

I'ld rather see my team win though. Last year it was never a question of the sides ability, it was a question of motivation at all levels. This year, it started with the question of whether they had the ability.... and now motivation is creeping in again.

Maybe you and the rest of the Hard-Core Illingsworth Ueber-Fan fraternity should stop lecturing the rest of the fan-base about what they should and should not put up with...

I quote from my original post

"The team were in a similar position in the league with no imagination or ” in my opinion” desire to do anything other than collect their wages.

This year I have no desire not to attend because of our team, just the directors who have put a manager and team of boys in to do a mans job, unlike last year “ in my opinion” they do have a desire to play for their wages"

I am no Illingworth puppet or Lowe Luvvie, it was no lecture, just what I wont put up with.

If you don’t want to be thought of as a C**K then at least pass comment on what people say, not how you perceive it was said.

How come that when someone states the bleeding obvious that they become a Lowe Luvvie? I have asked before and I'll ask again because I am genuinely interested to know - what is your proposal? If you have already answered and I've missed it then point me to the link.