Just back from the game thread

InvictaSaint

Just got back home. Got stuck into some black russians around baker street, then the white russians came along, so I hit them with a few B52s. Game was turd, got drenched, london was fun as always. Stu winked at me at half time?

Went to a pub named 'the flying scotsman', a real posh to do pub up kings cross. It was so posh the Brazilian stripper had a tampax in place and a sanitary pad in her pants.

Not bad for a quid, although her top lip and chest needed waxing.

I hope Pardew found a few answers today but if he hasn't I have come up with a few that needs attention if we are going to "romp away" with the title next year.

James is simply not good enough, Davis still does not command his 6 yard box for crosses, Fonte can't play on the left, Connolly and Barnard upfront together does not work, Puncheon plays better out wide cutting in, Semi sometimes enters a world of his own, Hammond is over-rated and Lallana is inconsistent - he was dire today.

On the plus side, Mills is good back up and I thought Martin had a steady afternoon. The view from the back of the away stand was good but don't look down between the cracks in the scaffolding and they could have at least provided plastic macs - everyone got soaked. Watching Saints play like planks in the pouring rain was not my idea of fun.

But the catering is world class though.;)

Went to a pub named 'the flying scotsman', a real posh to do pub up kings cross. It was so posh the Brazilian stripper had a tampax in place and a sanitary pad in her pants.

Not bad for a quid, although her top lip and chest needed waxing.

She couldn't have been as bad as Trevor Mcdonald who we were forced to give a quid to in the Queen Anne

Indeed. The only successes of the Lowe/Wotte team are Lallana and Spiderman IMHO.

but Lallana was here before,started getting regular games under Pearson I think. Burley however totally ignored him,probably out on loan somewhere at that time gaining experience.

but Lallana was here before,started getting regular games under Pearson I think. Burley however totally ignored him,probably out on loan somewhere at that time gaining experience.

Burley gave him his debut, then he got injured and wasn't fit again until Pearson was here.

We were embarassing yesterday.

Agree with everything said about James - he just doesnt seem to have a position that he can play well in.

Fonte was appalling, but hey he was ill and everyone is entitled to bad day

Where was Antonio?

Mills is like a bad Dan Harding, the same sort of player but does everything a little bit worse! Decent back up though.

Semi can be solid but will then do soething awful.

I think people are being harsh to Connolly, imo he looked like the only player who would make things happen. Unfortunately we had noone who could pick out his runs with a decent pass

We miss Schniederlin - im starting to think he could be our most important player next season.

Martin looks like a great prospect - one of the few positives!

my first away game. Brilliant choice

'Elvis is a Saints fan' chant brought a little brevity to an otherwise drunken weekend.

Loved every minute of it, my favourite defeat of the season. My grandson took the **** right up until we left their house about 5 hours ago. can't wait for the fixture list to come out. Had a great walk to the match through Brompton (hamster - 1968 to 1980) walked right past my old house, which brought a lump to my throat iih.

Nice bunch of Saints fans, and Gills fans for that matter, in the Will Adams pub.

Looking forward to going back.

Special mention to my mate, who surely qualifies for for annual 'least time spent voluntarily inside an away stadium'

He got p!ssed... got lost, finally found the stadium during half time, had a bottle of fosters then came with us back to the train station before the second half started and back to Vauxhall to the slut bar.

THAT is commitment, that bottle of Fosters cost him £26 in effect!

Special mention to my mate, who surely qualifies for for annual 'least time spent voluntarily inside an away stadium'

He got p!ssed... got lost, finally found the stadium during half time, had a bottle of fosters then came with us back to the train station before the second half started and back to Vauxhall to the slut bar.

If only he'd looked at that decent away ground site, he wouldn't have got lost.

The Vauxhall Tavern, no doubt.

The Vauxhall Tavern, no doubt.

The Queen Anne. Lovely little pub and such a warm friendly welcome.

" Hello boys, any sh!t from you lot then I will either kick your c*nt in or stab you, and if any more Southampton come in here, I'll kick their c*nt in too "

:shock: ( And that was a woman saying that )

Thanks to the chap on the train back to Waterloo for keeping me supplied with beer !

Sorry to anyone I annoyed with my very drunk singing I was enjoying myself hope I didnt offend anyone !

She's just done her hair she's just done her hair that little nanny she's just done her hair LOL

What a last away day football was sh1te but we had a blast bottle of champers on the way up a few beers game of darts and a cracking keebab quality day out.

UTS !

'Elvis is a Saints fan' chant brought a little brevity to an otherwise drunken weekend.

Loved every minute of it, my favourite defeat of the season. My grandson took the **** right up until we left their house about 5 hours ago. can't wait for the fixture list to come out. Had a great walk to the match through Brompton (hamster - 1968 to 1980) walked right past my old house, which brought a lump to my throat iih.

Nice bunch of Saints fans, and Gills fans for that matter, in the Will Adams pub.

Looking forward to going back.

Was that you in a retro Saints shirt with some others on Sally Port Gardens looking and commenting at the houses there?

I was walking by from visiting Chatham Dockyard to the ground, having earlier done Rochester Castle, the Sweeps Festival and a walk along the old dockline from Rochester into Chatham. I ran out of time to visit Fort Amherst but maybe next season.

Thanks to the chap on the train back to Waterloo for keeping me supplied with beer !

Sorry to anyone I annoyed with my very drunk singing I was enjoying myself hope I didnt offend anyone !

She's just done her hair she's just done her hair that little nanny she's just done her hair LOL

What a last away day football was sh1te but we had a blast bottle of champers on the way up a few beers game of darts and a cracking keebab quality day out.

UTS !

You werent one of the guys towards the front of the stand singing the farmer song were you???

Only saw three extremely drunk guys singing farmer songs and repeatedly shouting "ooh aaah" and calling the gills keeper a p@edo.

Annoyed is about rght. Apology accepted if that was you :D

Not guilty it was not me in the ground but we did have a right good sing song on the train back to Waterloo all the classic Saints songs got several outings

Was that you in a retro Saints shirt with some others on Sally Port Gardens looking and commenting at the houses there?

I was walking by from visiting Chatham Dockyard to the ground, having earlier done Rochester Castle, the Sweeps Festival and a walk along the old dockline from Rochester into Chatham. I ran out of time to visit Fort Amherst but maybe next season.

Yes sir it was. Were we THAT obvious?

I lived in Sally Port Gardens many moons ago and was pointing out to my 2 grandsons, son-in-law and mrs hamster's ex the houses and further along the gardens from where we used to scrupm and nick army apparel.

That alleyway set back opposite number 7 has a dirt air-raid shelter hidden behind a fence, and someone I know ;-) broke into that nursery when it was a NAAFI.