Alan pardew

Um Bongo

in the JPT or FA cup or League cup

The league is your bread and butter

JPT - won a trophy, great days for club, manager, players and fans

FA cup good progress, got through to last 16, live on tv, sell out game

yesterday - totally meaningless game for us - but against opposition who would test players at right level. Totally right game to experiment

yesterday - totally meaningless game for us - but against opposition who would test players at right level. Totally right game to experiment

what makes an FA Cup game against Luton any more or less meaningless than yesterday..?

beating Luton earnt prize money in itself,

also gave chance to play Ipswich, crowd of over 20,000.

it also gave us chance to beat Ipswich for more prize money.

and chance to play skates, live on tv with crowd of over 31,000.

if we had won yesterday we would be no better off.

Something about comparing a tackle to raping someone or something like that. I think he was commenting on a replay of a tackle and said that the tackler absolutely raped the player with the ball. HTH.

Thanks.

Delldays do you have to argue about everything?? Yesterday was the perfect opportunity to play fringe players and you now that.

Excuse me Mr Pardew but fans, particularly the away game supporters, deserve the best team every week. I did not need the game today to tell me that some of the squad are not good enough I already knew as does most of the people on here.

He played virtually his best team anyway you tit! Rickie replaced by 25 goal Barnard? Connolly who is quality. Sorry guys but there are many Saints fans that talk ****e!!!

And don't give it the ******** about Martin, clearly that is to give some experience!

By the way, if you knew anything about football and actually thought with nothing to play for AP would play his absolute best side then you're a numpty! He will probably play Rickie on Sat unless injured i expect.

I'm with you on this Nick. There are some weird people supporting Saints. Who gives a **** if we finish 7th or 8th in the league? Fantastic opportunity to look at some players where it means nothing.

He played virtually his best team anyway you tit! Rickie replaced by 25 goal Barnard? Connolly who is quality. Sorry guys but there are many Saints fans that talk ****e!!!

And don't give it the ******** about Martin, clearly that is to give some experience!

By the way, if you knew anything about football and actually thought with nothing to play for AP would play his absolute best side then you're a numpty! He will probably play Rickie on Sat unless injured i expect.

Excuse me were you actually at Gillingham before you accuse people of being numptys?

Read the alleged Pardew interview in the Echo where he apologises for the wretched performance - and answer the question I asked you please.

I was at Gillingham and was happy with the days proceedings, I went to see some friends and have an afternoon out watching some football, consolidating 7th place doesn't seem that important to me. Giving a run out to some second string players is more important and it good to see some of them play, I was interested in seeing Martin. But then I only live about 10 miles from Gillingham so maybe its not such a big deal for me, still I find it difficult to understand that after a great season people would let this dead rubber game upset them so much.

and what happened to honesty?

Honesty to other teams like Wycombe, Tranmere. They were relying us to at least try.

Honesty to all the traveling fans, after spending hard earned money to support their team.

If you paid full price to go to the theatre and found out when you got there that not only the star was missing but half of the supporting cast as well.

Would you be ****ed?

Especially when the manager says sorry, but promises the best ones will be playing next week...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Unbelievable, do you want the best possible chance of going up next season?? Would you make the same decision if you were manager? i'm guessing yes. Fecking clueless!!! :mad:

To be honest, it wasn't even that weak.

It was arguably our strongest available midfield.

Mills has played well on several occasions this season and started in preference to Harding on a few occasions.

Barnard and Connolly are hardly sub-standard for League One. Obviously Lambert is in our strongest 11 but I doubt there are many professionals in world football who have spent more minutes on the pitch this season.

So that leaves Martin, who apparently played pretty well. Presumably because he had something to prove.

Totally agree, and Martin replaced Seaborne who many don't rate. James replaced Antonio who will be at Reading next season probably. James played most of the season so is not exactly inexperienced. Up front Barnard is the leagues 2nd top scorer, and Connolly is the best player in the 3rd division (when fit). So I can't see this argument that AP played a weakened team. People have been crying out all season to give RL a rest, and now they bleat that AP actually did so. We need to learn how to play without RL on occassions and this was the perfect opportunity to experiment. The only mistake AP made was to play Fonte, in his heart he probably knew that he was not fit, but this often happens when players are desparate to play and declare themselves fit.