Gillingham V Saints Match Thread

St Landrew

Don't be a div Window Cleaner. It the penultimate game of the season and we have nothing to play for. I'm glad Pardew has made a few changes. Frankly, we know what Lambo, Harding etc, can do, they've had a hell of a long season, so it's a great chance to try a few new things, give some youngsters a chance and give some fringe players a real chance to show that they deserve a place in the squad next season. Football is a squad game. If we lose today i couldn't give a ****, it's all about next season.

We have serious professionals in our squad, they should play not some non-league hotshot.Just can't understand that sort of decision. To me players like Martin have nothing to do with a side like SFC,never played a League game

as far as I know..

We have serious professionals in our squad, they should play not some non-league hotshot.Just can't understand that sort of decision. To me players like Martin have nothing to do with a side like SFC,never played a League game

as far as I know..

Oh, f*ck off.

Antonio was in non-league three years ago.

Michael Kightly, Jermaine Beckford.

Should we leave the hidden non-league talent to everyone else and just spend millions for proven players every transfer window.

Fonte elbows Jackson. This could go t*ts up real quickly

He's probably really ****ed off that he plays and seaborne sits, when Seaborne would have been on his right side and Fonté has had to move over to the "wrong" side to accommodate a non-league hopeful.

as far as I know..

This is getting silly now. Martin is a professional, just like any other player in the squad. AP signed him because he feels he can do a job for this club. The only way he'll learn and progress is to play.

Everyone has to make their debut at some point, and it would be nice to think that we fans might actually support our younger players and help them make it in the game.

Or is that too much to ask?

He's probably really ****ed off that he plays and seaborne sits, when Seaborne would have been on his right side and Fonté has had to move over to the "wrong" side to accommodate a non-league hopeful.

Has Martin ****ged your wife or something? :rolleyes:

Were you one of the people who shouted "who?" when McNish came on the other day?

Has Martin ****ged your wife or something? :rolleyes:

No but there's a time and a place for every player to make his Football League debut and it probably wasn't today.

I expect better from SFC, this smacks of a Rupert Lowe cheap trick.

We are gifting Gillingham the points and that's just not on.

No but there's a time and a place for every player to make his Football League debut and it probably wasn't today.

:rolleyes: When do you think he should make his debut then?

when is a better time then, if it's not today, when we have nothing to play for and will possibly not drop a place whatever the result?

Yeah and today is a great day for him to make his debut. I'm glad Pardew puts OUR interests at heart and what's best for Southampton. Why should we care about Gillingham?

Pardew's experimenting.

But if we lose this I bet he won't make so many changes to our normal first X1 next week v Southend or he'll risk the home crowd being a bit annoyed.

If there's a big crowd they will wan't to see us beat Southend convincing by 2,3,4 goals and not pay good money to have Martin at CB- I'm hoping Jaidi comes back into the side next week although Fonte sounds like he's having a nightmare today.

COYR

Sorry I disagree for us this is the time & place to try out some of our squad players. If we can't do it now then when can we try them out. We have nothing to play for & hence nothing to loose. So for Saints its the ideal opportunity try theses players out.

I thought AP said he wanted to look back at the end of the season and say we would have been promoted were it not for the minus ten.

In which case, why have we fielded this side?

At least I'm not alone then,; It doesn't really matter but AP speaks of respecting other sides all the time and yet he comes up with a dopey trick like this. Plus we have 3000 fans at Gillingham and we "respect" them with a side like this.

I thought AP said he wanted to look back at the end of the season and say we would have been promoted were it not for the minus ten.

In which case, why have we fielded this side?

Never mind what bollix he said, the season is dead and this makes more sense.

I have been watching Saints for 50 years and i have never once said 'we have nothing to play for'.

True professionals and fans should always have something to play for - pride in the club. We should always aim to give our best and win.

And there other reasons such as continuing and strengthening a winning mentality in readiness for next season.

as far as I know..

When do you blood these players then?

It's not the young center back that's the problem, it's some of those serious pros that are not at the races...

Fonte is playing..is he! really

Lallana is absent without leave

Puncheon can't be bothered

Hammond is trying to do all the fetching and carrying..

Alright nothing hinges on this game for us, but other clubs are relying us to be 'honest'... selection wise we are not, attitude wise we are not

At least I'm not alone then,; It doesn't really matter but AP speaks of respecting other sides all the time and yet he comes up with a dopey trick like this. Plus we have 3000 fans at Gillingham and we "respect" them with a side like this.

What "trick"? He's seeing how a player handles a competitive game.

Half time 1-0 sounds like a lot of the team are already on the beach, well in their own minds anyway. Fonte is having a mare & a number of therm are not up for it from the sounds of it. On the plus side were still only 1 down so an AP rollicking at HT & here's to a much better 2nd half. COYR

WC you are an idiot. i can remember jason dodd making his debut against liverpool, he came from Bath City if i remember rightly

I can`t believe what whingers some of our fans are! I have had a bloody good season (one that I could only have dreamed of this time last year), we are going to finish just outside a play off place, we WILL be in L1 next year, so today is not a "must win" game and people are squinneying because AP debuts a player. Unbelievable!

Never mind what bollix he said, the season is dead and this makes more sense.

But of course it isn't actually dead - not for Gillingham and the 5 teams below them. Gillingham are currently out of the relegation zone because they are leading against us.

Can the league impose a points deduction against us for next season for fielding a weakened side? - they can if they want, rules or no rules.

But of course it isn't actually dead - not for Gillingham and the 5 teams below them. Gillingham are currently out of the relegation zone because they are leading against us.

Can the league impose a points deduction against us for next season for fielding a weakened side? - they can if they want, rules or no rules.

DON'T be so fecking ridiculous.