Should at least one chairman attend all games?

Long Shot

So as to keep an eye on the progress that may or may not be happening. I only ask because it appears neither Lowe or Wilde were at Rotherham last night. I also think I am right in saying Lowe missed Saturday's match v Barnsley which means he has not witnessed the rather depressing and sudden slump in our fortunes. I am old fashioned to want at least one of our "leaders" at all matches. Old Ted Bates, when he was President. never missed a game home or away, but I guess he had a REAL passion for the club.

When we played QPR, people here were complaining that Lowe was at the game with the team.

I agree with you, I think a Chairman should be at the club to see what's going on and what he has created. Ultimately it's their responsibility, so they should see first hand what's going on.

When we played QPR, people here were complaining that Lowe was at the game with the team.

I agree with you, I think a Chairman should be at the club to see what's going on and what he has created. Ultimately it's their responsibility, so they should see first hand what's going on.

I don't think anyone complained he was there did they?

I just don't think anyone enjoyed seeing his smug, horrible face on the tele at the end!

I don't think anyone complained he was there did they?

I just don't think anyone enjoyed seeing his smug, horrible face on the tele at the end!

Yup, in the pre match build up he was spotted on TV and comments were made. There were also comments in some of the post match threads.

As the head of one of the world's most dynamic investment banking companies, Lord Lowe can not always make it to away games.

Going Wilde is out of the country for tax reasons.

Translation:

Lowe has other things he'd rather be doing and Saints are a low priority in his life.

Wilde is a tax dodger who has to keep up his paper round in Jersy to keep his tax-free status.

Thanks for the clarification Scooby. Shame Lowe doesn't see Southampton FC as important enough to spend a few hours supporting once or twice a week.

At the game yes, by all means no one moaning about that but you appear to twist the comments that were about his team talks.

No one would suggest that a Chairman attends games. Particulartly the Football Chairman.

At the game yes, by all means no one moaning about that but you appear to twist the comments that were about his team talks.

No one would suggest that a Chairman attends games. Particulartly the Football Chairman.

I didn't twist anything you plank! :)

Lowe's mug appeared on TV, people commented 'why the hell is he there'. After the game, people commented on him being at the game 'looking smug'.

I've not twisted that at all. Read through the threads if you're that lonely :)

As the head of one of the world's most dynamic investment banking companies, Lord Lowe can not always make it to away games.

I'm sure their plunging share price is keeping him very busy, however you'd think he could make the short drive from Manchester to Sheffield.

I didn't twist anything you plank! :)

Lowe's mug appeared on TV, people commented 'why the hell is he there'. After the game, people commented on him being at the game 'looking smug'.

I've not twisted that at all. Read through the threads if you're that lonely :)

Cheers mate.

Re read it apologies thought it was about him in the dressing room therefore I am a plank. Thats twice this year.

Edited by ottery st mary

So as to keep an eye on the progress that may or may not be happening. I only ask because it appears neither Lowe or Wilde were at Rotherham last night. I also think I am right in saying Lowe missed Saturday's match v Barnsley which means he has not witnessed the rather depressing and sudden slump in our fortunes. I am old fashioned to want at least one of our "leaders" at all matches. Old Ted Bates, when he was President. never missed a game home or away, but I guess he had a REAL passion for the club.

I suspect Lowe is getting the message loud-and-clear through ticket sales, dont worry..

So as to keep an eye on the progress that may or may not be happening. I only ask because it appears neither Lowe or Wilde were at Rotherham last night. I also think I am right in saying Lowe missed Saturday's match v Barnsley which means he has not witnessed the rather depressing and sudden slump in our fortunes. I am old fashioned to want at least one of our "leaders" at all matches.

Given Lowe picks the team (allegedly) I'd expect him to be there TBH....

I don't think either Chairman (or directors) should be anywhere near the dugout but I'd like to see them in the director's box.

Last night I presume then the only board members who were there were David Jones and Andrew Cowan - I bet the Rotherham Board room after the match was a WOW!

The reason that neither Lowe nor Wilde attend all (or many) matches is because they are not LEADERS. Simple.

This club is consequently drifting closer to the rocks.

We have only had one natural leader recently. Pearson. Lowe could not compete with Pearson's brand of speaking the truth and common sense, so got rid of.

Lowe must go and take his half interested poodle with him.

It's irrelevant. Won't affect the outcome one iota.

Whilst I agree it won't affect the outcome of the match, I'm just not comfortble that the man who makes all of the day to day decisions is not there for the most important 90 minutes of the business' week.

It was something that Hone took some stick for (and rightly so), as ultimatley the CEO is the managers boss, so matchday performancs play a massive part in evaluating just how the manager and squad are doing.

It certainly didn't sit well with me when Hone and others didn't travel midweek, and I have no reason to change that view now (in fact you could arue that in the current circumstances it is even more imperative to be there to review performances).

I understand the sentiment UP, but even if one of them does attend, and sees "in the flesh" how sh@t we have become, do you really think it makes a difference for them? They already KNOW. They've made it this way. Nothing will change. They are not supporters, and would not be there to support the team, they would just be there to illustrate their power. They've made their decisions and will stick with them no matter what they see happening on the pitch.

Chairmen of football clubs or their deputy should always be at a game of league, cup or even freindly. They represent The club, the staff and the players. They should definitely be meeting the opposing lot for drinks before, half time and after the game. This is not only couteous, tradition, good manners etc it is where a lot of business can be done with transfers , loans etc but obviously teams like Rotherham do not count. So no respect for The Millers then. Players may not care too much especially knowing they will not get the dreaded visit to the changing room before, half time or after the game.

You start to wonder if their heart is really in this club. Nice for JP to have a free run at preparing the team. Oh I forgot the half hour video conference came into play for half an hour before the game. Only joking fans.

Chairmen of football clubs or their deputy should always be at a game of league, cup or even freindly. They represent The club, the staff and the players. They should definitely be meeting the opposing lot for drinks before, half time and after the game. This is not only couteous, tradition, good manners etc it is where a lot of business can be done with transfers , loans etc but obviously teams like Rotherham do not count. So no respect for The Millers then. Players may not care too much especially knowing they will not get the dreaded visit to the changing room before, half time or after the game.

You start to wonder if their heart is really in this club. Nice for JP to have a free run at preparing the team. Oh I forgot the half hour video conference came into play for half an hour before the game. Only joking fans.

Absolutely - if nothing else it is good manners. It frightens me that last night presumably we had David Jones and Andrew Cowans as our sole representatives and tbh I'm not sure they were even there.

Absolutely - if nothing else it is good manners. It frightens me that last night presumably we had David Jones and Andrew Cowans as our sole representatives and tbh I'm not sure they were even there.

Absolutely right about Sir Ted BATES Mr Saints. I was lucky enough to be invited into The top Directors suite/lounge at Highbury a few years ago by The boss I worked for at the time(quite a few times actually) I had a seat in the stand quite close to the entrance and was first in at half time. As I stood there with drink in hand, as you do, in walked Ted with his entourage and I plucked up the courage and introduced myself as a Saints supporter. He asked me about myself and proceeded to introduce myself to other Directors including Arsenal crowd. In that short space of time he made me feel welcome and very special and clearly shining through was an obvious fact that we were two fellow Saints fans. Thanks for the memory Sir Ted. God bless you.

Got talking to a few of the Arsenal Directors and Tony Adams Father and each time I was asked how I knew Ted and each time I would reply, "We

go back a long way and have the same love for Saints"

Absolutely right about Sir Ted BATES Mr Saints. I was lucky enough to be invited into The top Directors suite/lounge at Highbury a few years ago by The boss I worked for at the time(quite a few times actually) I had a seat in the stand quite close to the entrance and was first in at half time. As I stood there with drink in hand, as you do, in walked Ted with his entourage and I plucked up the courage and introduced myself as a Saints supporter. He asked me about myself and proceeded to introduce myself to other Directors including Arsenal crowd. In that short space of time he made me feel welcome and very special and clearly shining through was an obvious fact that we were two fellow Saints fans. Thanks for the memory Sir Ted. God bless you.

Got talking to a few of the Arsenal Directors and Tony Adams Father and each time I was asked how I knew Ted and each time I would reply, "We

go back a long way and have the same love for Saints"

great man ted ,its a pity football does not have more gentlemen in the game.

Half the supporters don't turn up because they think we"re crap

Why shouldn't half the chairmen do the same??

Indeed. You can bet your bottom dollar that Mr Lowe would attend more games if we were in the Premiership as he would have more influential people to network with at games.

Lowe is no different to SFC fans in this regard in that he is simply in tune with the supply and demand world we live in.

The better the footballing circles we compete in the more games that Lowe AND fans would attend.

Simple.

Well if they EXPECT supporters to...then so should they