How important is a win on saturday?

Mr X

Simple Answer = VERY!!

We are on a very dangerous slide at the moment, and that needs to be stopped ASAP!

The confidence must be very low amongst this group of youngsters, and I am sure that they are questioning themselves as to whether they are up to this or not!

I have every confidence that Saints will win on Saturday.

Last night they were playing a side 2 divisions lower.....and as we are Southampton it was obvious we would play badly and lose. Also, being the Contraries from St Marys, it is highly likely we will play a blinder on Saturday and probably slaughter Doncaster by at least 3 goals.

I shall be very disappointed if we don't get at least 4 points from our next 2 matches.

(For lots more positive comments like this see... http://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net/forum.htm)

In the bigger scheme of things a draw would be just about acceptable, the MUST WIN game is Norwich on Tuesday - we must win home games, (a) to get points and (b) to help stop the decline in attandances. A draw Saturday and a win Tuesday would mean 4 league games unbeaten (staggeringly), and begin to give a bit of confidence to the players, and to the supporters.

Have to say though that I don't expect the above to happen.

I have every confidence that Saints will win on Saturday.

Last night they were playing a side 2 divisions lower.....and as we are Southampton it was obvious we would play badly and lose. Also, being the Contraries from St Marys, it is highly likely we will play a blinder on Saturday and probably slaughter Doncaster by at least 3 goals.

I shall be very disappointed if we don't get at least 4 points from our next 2 matches.

(For lots more positive comments like this see... http://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net/forum.htm)

You have no shame ;)

In the bigger scheme of things a draw would be just about acceptable, the MUST WIN game is Norwich on Tuesday - we must win home games, (a) to get points and (b) to help stop the decline in attandances. A draw Saturday and a win Tuesday would mean 4 league games unbeaten (staggeringly), and begin to give a bit of confidence to the players, and to the supporters.

Have to say though that I don't expect the above to happen.

Agree about the colossal importance of Norwich.

I wonder if that game goes tits-up and we get the expected sub-13,000 attendance, if we will be administration by the time of the next home game against Watford...:(

Win or lose is now irrelevant. We will either be relegated or go into administration this season. Apart from stumbling into a rich Arab those are the only two likely outcomes of this season. An incidental win (should we be so lucky) doesn't change any of that.

It's an early season relegation six-pointer f'sure.

Win, and we're out of the bottom 3 and looking in the right direction again.

Lose, and the confidence that this young team so badly needs will dwindle even further.

I think we might need a bit of luck for this one. Dodgy ref, goal that didn't cross the line, Donny player sent off in the first 5 minutes...ANYTHING!

Very important to get a result of some kind on Satruday i.e. a draw. Must win Tuesday night.

If we go under on Saturday badly the crowd on Tuesday will be potentially under 10k.

Falling gates will prove the point that the gamble of a young side being able to survive in this league and attract enough paying customers has failed.

Then the writing will be on the wall for Sir Rupert. The run up to Xmas will mean fans short of money will choose to spend it elsewhere.

Come the transfer window the players who can will bale. Sir Rupert will get abuse the gates will fall and it will be Administration time! ( unless Sir Rupert puts money in which will only be enough to fend it off for another few months

Goodness I am even depressing myself here. Mental note (Must work on my" Death to Rupertnistas" banner)

At some point we must stop declining surely

Course its important to win but it won't happen......or will it?....... Saints are masters at winning when least expected and losing when expected to win......however, I think the reality has kicked in that they are not even capable of that rare feat nowadays......... 2-0 to Doncaster and more angst, knashing of teeth and general malaise , with no plan B and headless chickens wandering around Staplewood on Monday morning.

Its bloody grim!!............or am I over reacting??