O2 Simplicity and unlimited texts

gaz

My Orange contract is about to end, it was Dolphin 35 and I got it for the free mobile (Samsung Innov8 ) and free texts. The phone is long dead (didn't get insurance...doh) but have been using the SIM in something else (Nokia 5530).

Now its about to end, I wanna sack off the big bill and drop it, while keeping the unlimited texts. Don't care or want a different handset at the moment. I've been looking at the O2 Simplicity deal, £10 a month with 100 mins (I never use them anyway) and unlimited texts. Seems perfect and the 1 month version is handy to be not tied in long term.

Whats the fair usage on those? I use about 2000 a month lol.

My Orange contract is about to end, it was Dolphin 35 and I got it for the free mobile (Samsung Innov8 ) and free texts. The phone is long dead (didn't get insurance...doh) but have been using the SIM in something else (Nokia 5530).

Now its about to end, I wanna sack off the big bill and drop it, while keeping the unlimited texts. Don't care or want a different handset at the moment. I've been looking at the O2 Simplicity deal, £10 a month with 100 mins (I never use them anyway) and unlimited texts. Seems perfect and the 1 month version is handy to be not tied in long term.

Whats the fair usage on those? I use about 2000 a month lol.

Wow, you do text your Mum a lot.

If you've been with Orange and you move to O2, you'll never leave O2 again. They're totally awesome. Best signal, best customer service, best prices. Don't know how Orange keep going as I've found they're the worst for everything. 2000 would quite easily be covered. I'd have thought you'd need to get upto about 8-10,000 to be in trouble. I've sent over 2000 a month before and not had a problem. Some people send texts using Nokia PC suite so they must send loadsssss.

Yeah, she needs to know where I am :D

Orange has been average to me really, in 18months I've had to call them up twice because I couldn't get a signal at all for about 2 days (they blamed it on transmitter work). The customer serivce was OK but where I live and work never seems to give above quarter to half signal strength. Haven't had a call drop, but have had texts eaten by the network and spat out a few hours later (one was 2 days later!).

I was with T-Mobile and then O2 on PAYG and was pretty happy. I know the fair useage on Orange was 3000 or so.