Here we go...the first player rallying call on the OS....spot the cliches....

trousers

Didn't take long to wheel out the first player to try and explain what happened and that "things can only get better"....

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10643

"I wouldn't say that Rotherham wanted it more," James said. "We've never set out to lose a game and we give it our all, but it just didn't come together for us."
If last night is an example "giving our all" then we have every reason to be worried....IMHO

Didn't take long to wheel out the first player to try and explain what happened and that "things can only get better"....

If last night is an example "giving our all" then we have every reason to be worried....IMHO

Not just worried but investing in some ground guides for league 1 sides :(

It was clear for all to see that we didn't "give are all" jesus how much was he paid to say that? :mad:

It was clear for all to see that we didn't "give are all" jesus how much was he paid to say that? :mad:

I saw the title but could not bring myself to read it, 1 - because its just deja vu from the prem relegation season, and just insulting drivel, and 2 - it comes from a player who is totally out of his depth, so anything he's got to say pales into significance imo. Harsh maybe, but sadly true IMO

I havent read the article but I suspect5 the lad hurts not only from a going over by the manager but to have to face the press.

We should give the lads who are only trying to do their best and are pleased to pull on our shirt a bit of slack.

Being youngsters I expect they come on here and it no doubt effects their confidence when they see themselves being rubbished.

I havent read the article but I suspect5 the lad hurts not only from a going over by the manager but to have to face the press.

We should give the lads who are only trying to do their best and are pleased to pull on our shirt a bit of slack.

Being youngsters I expect they come on here and it no doubt effects their confidence when they see themselves being rubbished.

Oh, come on nick !!! People are starting to lay this "they're only kids" excuse on a bit thick.

It's a big, ugly world out there and they want to be professional footballers. Time to take the rough with the smooth and do a bit of growing up.

YOU can WIN GAMES WITH KIDS...look at the Arsenal result last night with a team EVEN YOUNGER than we put out. Our problem is that Lowe thinks the quality of our young players is better than reallity.They just are not good enough, time to get some experienced loan players in

This is very true, it isn't their fault they've been tossed in at the deep end, and im sure they are doing their best. However this is a results business, and alot of them simply aren't good enough, from the games i've seen. This situation has been thrust upon them by good old Rupert, wo has returned to a club where he knew the majority did not want him back. Says alot about him as a man. There were other alternatives than just blooding the kids by the dozen, regardless of whether they were actually good enough. However, Rupert chose the ego-driven gamble, and low and behold its failing, What a ****ing surprise. How the hell do small clubs like Blackpool survive in this league on a tiny budget? If we'd bought 3 or 4 more experienced seasoned pro's like wotton, this current situation may just be different.

However, rupert had visions of us being the next Arsenal. Wrong again Rupes

Oh, come on nick !!! People are starting to lay this "they're only kids" excuse on a bit thick.

It's a big, ugly world out there and they want to be professional footballers. Time to take the rough with the smooth and do a bit of growing up.

I dont know if in sport you have ever had to bring on kids but I do know from experience (limited to local sport) that kids confiodence is brittle.They so want to please their teammates and friends etc that they try too hard sometimes and also have higher expectations of their own standards than should be expected.To keep their confidence up they need support from their older players and friends/supporters and so that is why I advocate a bit of patience.

I also understand your 'they are in a big bad world' but why throw them to the wolves if you can cossett them to a degree.IMO I want them to suceed and so if I can help in a little way by giving them a little help by holding back my criticism I'll happily do that.

I think the press is an added pressure they don't need.

Think of Ferguson and Gigg's

Theo (for his first year and a half) and Wenger

They were kept completely away from the press

All the time they take money from the club [indirectly from the fans too], they leave themselves open to criticism when they perform badly and praise when they do well.

As the manager said when he took over, age has nothing to do with it, if they are good enough to be in the team, they will be in it. Same goes for criticism....

Apologies...I didn;t raise this thread with the intention of slagging off Lloyd or any of the team....it was more a pop at their management for putting them in the spotlight and (potentially) putting words in their mouths when we should be protecting them from the media, be it internal or external.

This is very true, it isn't their fault they've been tossed in at the deep end, and im sure they are doing their best. However this is a results business, and alot of them simply aren't good enough, from the games i've seen. This situation has been thrust upon them by good old Rupert, wo has returned to a club where he knew the majority did not want him back. Says alot about him as a man. There were other alternatives than just blooding the kids by the dozen, regardless of whether they were actually good enough. However, Rupert chose the ego-driven gamble, and low and behold its failing, What a ****ing surprise. How the hell do small clubs like Blackpool survive in this league on a tiny budget? If we'd bought 3 or 4 more experienced seasoned pro's like wotton, this current situation may just be different.

However, rupert had visions of us being the next Arsenal. Wrong again Rupes

Blackpool never tried the gamble like the Wilde bunch did and it was pointed out at the time it was a roll of the dice.

I would love that someone could spell oout how we could do this a different way.UMp has stated that he thought we could have done it differently and came up with his ideas.All were very credible but I still couldnt see they would be in the price structure we are at.

Bringing the experienced pros is great but at what cost,where does this money magic from?

If the club could have rid itself of the so called stars we would be able to get a few replacements in but they wouldnt take a wage cut to go elsewhere or were not good enough to be wanted that is the sad fact.

I dont know if in sport you have ever had to bring on kids but I do know from experience (limited to local sport) that kids confiodence is brittle.They so want to please their teammates and friends etc that they try too hard sometimes and also have higher expectations of their own standards than should be expected.To keep their confidence up they need support from their older players and friends/supporters and so that is why I advocate a bit of patience.

I also understand your 'they are in a big bad world' but why throw them to the wolves if you can cossett them to a degree.IMO I want them to suceed and so if I can help in a little way by giving them a little help by holding back my criticism I'll happily do that.

Nick, Lowe has made the decision to throw them to the wolves, not the fans fed up of piiss-poor performances.

If they REALLY are ready for first-team CCC football, they should be ready to take the flack and adulation that comes with it.

Blackpool never tried the gamble like the Wilde bunch did and it was pointed out at the time it was a roll of the dice.

I would love that someone could spell oout how we could do this a different way.UMp has stated that he thought we could have done it differently and came up with his ideas.All were very credible but I still couldnt see they would be in the price structure we are at.

Bringing the experienced pros is great but at what cost,where does this money magic from?

If the club could have rid itself of the so called stars we would be able to get a few replacements in but they wouldnt take a wage cut to go elsewhere or were not good enough to be wanted that is the sad fact.

Possibly with the £500,000 plus we shelled out for Schneiderlin? Or the early settlement we took from spurs to buy the 3rd choice keeper Forecast, believed to be alot of money. More masterstrokes. Basically this could have been avoided, it seems fairly obvious. Yes play the youngsters, but the ones who are good enough.

The premise that this was the ONLY way forward is frankly laughable in the extreme. Especially when the circus is conducted by men at the top whom the fans hold very little trust in.

All the time they take money from the club [indirectly from the fans too], they leave themselves open to criticism when they perform badly and praise when they do well.

As the manager said when he took over, age has nothing to do with it, if they are good enough to be in the team, they will be in it. Same goes for criticism....

Yeah yeah, they get paid well so they can be slagged off.Ive heard it all before. You only have to read this site and the ones who give out all the sh## as soon as someone gives them some they are off in a hissy fit.They may be paid but they are youngsters who have allied themselves to the club because they want ot be pro footballers.Ok some might become big time charlies but i believe these lads/youg men for the first time in years want to pull on our shirt. They want to go out and play good entertaining football but have come up short at present.

To have the people they wish to please to turn on them after a few games is IMO out of order.I understand the younger fans on here doing so but when I read the fans going for a long time rubbishing these players it is upsetting as they should know better.

Possibly with the £500,000 plus we shelled out for Schneiderlin? Or the early settlement we took from spurs to buy the 3rd choice keeper Forecast, believed to be alot of money. More masterstrokes. Basically this could have been avoided, it seems fairly obvious. Yes play the youngsters, but the ones who are good enough.

The premise that this was the ONLY way forward is frankly laughable in the extreme. Especially when the circus is conducted by men at the top whom the fans hold very little trust in.

The early settlement was not something the club would have iwshed to do but to stem the tide.Do you really beleive we paid for Forecast? and then not to even play him. He was signed in case KD went and had no real bearing on the money for the early payment.

as for the E750k for morgan, where would that go in signing on fees, loyalty payments, resettlement fees, hotel bills, wages for a few old players? A free is not a free and until fans see that we will have this going on forever.

As I've pointed out in this thread, there are a number of areas where to seem to be spending money and getting nothing in return. If this cash was used better, perhaps we could afford a couple of experinced pro's.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2167

The early settlement was not something the club would have iwshed to do but to stem the tide.Do you really beleive we paid for Forecast? and then not to even play him. He was signed in case KD went and had no real bearing on the money for the early payment.

as for the E750k for morgan, where would that go in signing on fees, loyalty payments, resettlement fees, hotel bills, wages for a few old players? A free is not a free and until fans see that we will have this going on forever.

Forecast was certainly part of the 'settlement' so there was a 'cost' involved, but we definitely need 3 keepers on the books - especially after last night. The other incidental payments that you quite rightly identify illustrate the effect that a large turnover of players has on the cost of running the club.

As I've pointed out in this thread, there are a number of areas where to seem to be spending money and getting nothing in return. If this cash was used better, perhaps we could afford a couple of experinced pro's.

]

Signing Forecast, a third choice goalie.

Signing Pulis, a player in his mid twenties who has yet to make the grade anywhere, and who was injured when we bought him.

Signing Gasmi, who was injured when we bought him.

Employing Wotte, who doesn't appear to be doing much of anything.

Giving Dyer a new contract.

Giving McGoldrick a new contract.

Sidelining several players who we are paying plenty of wages to (Skacel, Euell, Thomas etc - I know injuries come into play here but does anyone think we'd be playing them if they were all fit?). ] end quote.

well we needed a third keeper.

Pulis is anodd one but I feel he may have been used as a way to reduce the payout to Boro for sell on.

Gasmi will not be paid for until he has passed a medical and I dont know if a fee is on the cards.

Wotte , well he is a mystery.

Dyer and DMG is sound business.Why not have them under contract as there are plenty of clubs who would take them for nothing if they were out of contract.It is planning ahead and DMG will mature into a decent player.

Yeah yeah, they get paid well so they can be slagged off.Ive heard it all before. You only have to read this site and the ones who give out all the sh## as soon as someone gives them some they are off in a hissy fit.They may be paid but they are youngsters who have allied themselves to the club because they want ot be pro footballers.Ok some might become big time charlies but i believe these lads/youg men for the first time in years want to pull on our shirt. They want to go out and play good entertaining football but have come up short at present.

To have the people they wish to please to turn on them after a few games is IMO out of order.I understand the younger fans on here doing so but when I read the fans going for a long time rubbishing these players it is upsetting as they should know better.

Sorry nick, but that just doesn't wash.

They want to be pro footballers, so should know - pro footballers have been around for a long time - that there are bad and good times, grief and praise.

I know of loads of kids that would love nothing more than to pull on the Saints shirt and play for SFC, the fact is that most of them just aren't good enough, should we lead them into a false sense of security by trying to molly coddle them and tell them that one day they might make it??

Times are tough, the team is playing utter sh1t football, and we even have the head coach stating publicly that the players are not doing what they are asked to do out on the pitch, but somehow you still want us to show our undying love and gratitude towards them!!

You're getting close to scooby in the delusional stakes at the moment.

They want to be pro footballers, so should know - pro footballers have been around for a long time - that there are bad and good times, grief and praise.

I know of loads of kids that would love nothing more than to pull on the Saints shirt and play for SFC, the fact is that most of them just aren't good enough, should we lead them into a false sense of security by trying to molly coddle them and tell them that one day they might make it??

Times are tough, the team is playing utter sh1t football, and we even have the head coach stating publicly that the players are not doing what they are asked to do out on the pitch, but somehow you still want us to show our undying love and gratitude towards them!!

Yeah and when we win a game some will say they are worldbeaters and when we lose they will become trash again, while all along I will stay consistant and just try and coax them along without the over reation either way.

YOU can WIN GAMES WITH KIDS...look at the Arsenal result last night with a team EVEN YOUNGER than we put out. Our problem is that Lowe thinks the quality of our young players is better than reallity.They just are not good enough, time to get some experienced loan players in

Nail head

Nickh has it right- if the kids aren't making the grade then you have to look at those that are throwing them in too soon, rather than berate the kids. They're not being paid a fortune and they're only 18 or so so their confidence will be vwery fragile while things are going poorly.

Nickh has it right- if the kids aren't making the grade then you have to look at those that are throwing them in too soon, rather than berate the kids. They're not being paid a fortune and they're only 18 or so so their confidence will be vwery fragile while things are going poorly.

They're all we have!

The head coach says they do everything that is asked of them in training, but don't do what they are told on the pitch....

Since the coach has very little influence whilst on the pitch, who else should shoulder the blame?

They're all we have!

The head coach says they do everything that is asked of them in training, but don't do what they are told on the pitch....

Since the coach has very little influence whilst on the pitch, who else should shoulder the blame?

all players look good in training , problem is when you play another team the nasty people try harder than your mates in training.

A problem with all young players from Under 8 to 16

Back to the original thread, what official club site in the country would react differently? Hardly likely to get a player up there saying 'we were terrible and yeah, things are only going to get worse, that is as good as we can play' are they?

Why do they need to trot out a player at all? We all know that they are saying what the powers that be want them to say. We just need one post match article by Jan acknowledging how crap we were and leave it at that. Trotting out player after player (as there will surely be more to come before the weekend) saying "we're gutted for the fans....we'll do better next time....this is just a blip....the only way is up" is simply an insult to our intelligence. There is dignity in silence (following the one post-mortem article).

p.s. Just because every other club trots out the same BS doesn't make it any less patronising....

absolutely spot on and that is why Pearson did not play them last season.

not slagging your beloved rupert are we nick?

not slagging your beloved rupert are we nick?

not there Im not Hillhead. Perhaps if you get a quote where I am I might be able to confirm it.And do not confuse me understanding the constraints the club is under with Lowe being my beloved, I would take another person to run the club at a drop of a hat if they were better.We tried it before and they were worse, so find us a good un and I will follow place some more jokers up like last tiem and I wont.

Sort of agree ' date=' a coach can only improve a player so far BUT a good manager may be able to squeeze out another 10% by motivation etc[/quote']

I suppose that you could say that a coach is concerned with tactics and a manager with strategy, or that a coach trains the troops but a manager plans the battle.

Why do they need to trot out a player at all?

Because, if we didnt yu can bet your bottom dollar that there would be a thread on here from someone saying "Its all very well Jan being on the OS, but WHERE ARE THE PLAYERS? Why hasnt one been forced to speak to the OS about the game! FFS!"

True, but to be fair when we do moan about Lowe Nick sticks up for him at every opportunity.

Why do they need to trot out a player at all? We all know that they are saying what the powers that be want them to say. We just need one post match article by Jan acknowledging how crap we were and leave it at that. Trotting out player after player (as there will surely be more to come before the weekend) saying "we're gutted for the fans....we'll do better next time....this is just a blip....the only way is up" is simply an insult to our intelligence. There is dignity in silence (following the one post-mortem article).

p.s. Just because every other club trots out the same BS doesn't make it any less patronising....

Because if the club didn't there would be people popping up on here and asking "why doesn't the club give us any information, why don't we get reactions from players, don't they care, honestly the management of the club doesn't give a toss about keeping the fans informed, I don't sit at home expecting to be ignored..."

You get the picture.

Because if the club didn't there would be people popping up on here and asking "why doesn't the club give us any information, why don't we get reactions from players, don't they care, honestly the management of the club doesn't give a toss about keeping the fans informed, I don't sit at home expecting to be ignored..."

You get the picture.

I do indeed get the picture....of course we'd all be clamouring for player reaction if there wasn't any....the trouble is, when we do get 'player reactions' we know that they are 'on message'.

So, yes, let there be a clamouring for player reactions but, Oh Lord, let those clamourings be for something that's actually worth reading rather than the usual 'quote by numbers' articles we always get.

Given that we would never get a 'warts and all' player reaction then, IMHO, that's worse than getting nowt....

FFS

True, but to be fair when we do moan about Lowe Nick sticks up for him at every opportunity.

I stick up for Lowe, the players and some of the managers if I feel they are not getting a fair deal from the criticism. Wanton criticism that is not valid I will defend. Sadly a lot of the abuse is not thought out but just because its Lowe.

I have said on many occasions get a proper alternative and that is fine but something better than the last lot who did not ready us for the parachute payment coming to an end.To me that is fair.

Technically they are being paid a fortune I expect them to be on £2000 + per week, how many of us can say we earn that? :rolleyes:

I do indeed get the picture....of course we'd all be clamouring for player reaction if there wasn't any....the trouble is, when we do get 'player reactions' we know that they are 'on message'.

So, yes, let there be a clamouring for player reactions but, Oh Lord, let those clamourings be for something that's actually worth reading rather than the usual 'quote by numbers' articles we always get.

Given that we would never get a 'warts and all' player reaction then, IMHO, that's worse than getting nowt....

FFS

Trousers the problem must be that the OS must ghost write some of the stuff and they will tow the club line.

I believe the players are behind what we are doing (especially the younger ones) and so try to rally us.Footballers in the main are just normal people and are not politicians and so give out the same old stuff.

I stick up for Lowe, the players and some of the managers if I feel they are not getting a fair deal from the criticism. Wanton criticism that is not valid I will defend. Sadly a lot of the abuse is not thought out but just because its Lowe.

I have said on many occasions get a proper alternative and that is fine but something better than the last lot who did not ready us for the parachute payment coming to an end.To me that is fair.

Whether there's an alternative or not, just accept that Lowe is no good for our club.